How Come Towns Do Not Grow? .... And Other Things...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How come towns do not grow? .... and other things...
How come towns do not grow? .... and other things...
First Page 2
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-07 16:29:51
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing off and on for about 5 years (off now, but on next month) and yet my home nation of Bastok has not grown one bit. They are still doing construction (it looks like) on Port Baskok, no new mines have opened up (you can count Movalpos if you want), and for a town that is 6 yrs RL (who knows how many in game years) not one new guild has opened up?

If square can add new areas and modify existing ones for events why can't they grow? With all the commerce us "Adventurers" put into each town should they have more people and new shops and guilds?

How about Bazaar Market in each city were you are encouraged to peddle your goods, and depending on how many people join in, it lures NPC peddlers to pop and sell goods? You can click an NPC and he can give you an Overview of goods sold in the market and the people selling them (for those of us who have full AH)

Expanding towns with new businesses ( i.e. guilds/item/weapon/armor/etc.... shops ) And a battle arena in each town where people can duke it out just for kicks (Ultimate fighting FFXI style or something)

Traveling bands that hit the towns and change the music, that offer extra quests for gil errr something like that.

New flora, waterways, buildings, NPC's .... something to show that the cities are growing.

It seems that once SE has moved to a new expansion the old stuff just gets kicked to the curve. I thinking spicing up the old stuff and making it interesting again would be nice. Make some of the old stuff people used to do interesting again by adding new items and intriguing challenges. Just some ideas, if anyone has anything else to add I'd be interested. I personally like the Star Onion Brigade quests thought them Hilarious and fun. Some more quests for those funny little Taru's would be cool.

"Permission to speak freely, sir? I'm not sure you know what you're doing." Marine Starcraft

"Oh my God, he's whacked! I vote we frag this commander..."
Marine Starcraft
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-07 16:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Great idea, I've always wondered why things never change either. I'm hoping that 3 peat expansion release this summer will have stuff like that. April update will have some new quests' and such too, hopefully in home nations as well.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 16:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Would be lovely if we could add things in ourselves. That's always one thing I love about offline games, especially ones like Oblivion.

If only they made an online Oblivion... I'd totally drop FF11, lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-07 16:47:57
Link | Citer | R

I remember Oblivion i think, wasn't that the same serie as Morrowind or something like that?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 16:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Loosely. The story wasn't *quite* as good as Morrowind, but still absolutely amazing regardless. Only problem with Oblivion is I spent most of my time admiring the scenery rather than rupturing some spleens and cracking skulls.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the "series". Yeah it is :P
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-07 16:53:50
Link | Citer | R

I always think same thing, bastok has been under construction for ages...when they gonna finish it lol

windurst might as well add a amusement park of how big it is

sandy needs to get music changed lol
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-07 17:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
sandy needs to get music changed lol

Ya seriously. I've hated it since day one. Elvaan's aren't really the bagpipe and brass type...music just doesn't fit for me tbh.

Ironic that right next door to the worst music is (imho) the best music in the game, Ronfaure ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-03-07 17:27:20
Link | Citer | R

it would b nice if they would upgrade stuff with the expansions. not like make the towns different or anything, but maybe change the scenery a bit... finish building the buildings lol... i think the main reason they don't do things like that is because supposedly "the ps2 can't handle it". o well... just gonna have to put up with the same stuff that's been in the game since it's release until the next game they release...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 17:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
But yeah I also wish SE would go back and, I don't know, change the original zones to at least tweak them, make them look a little bit more alive.

Are you mad?!

Pink trees every year for the doll festival clearly do this!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-07 17:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, then i def remember Oblivion, I liked Morrowing better even though the graphics on Oblivion was like 1000 times better. I remember I wasn't doing anything but going to ppls house and stealing and stuff in oblivion lol.

Chose the Thief guild, was alot of work to keep them happy haha

Edit: Wasnt the "crafting system" in oblivion something like, "Take any of whatever flower or any other crap you might find laying around and put them together"

Could more or lees use anything for Alchemy if i remember right lol

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-07 17:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
Maybe they should put those sakura trees in Gustaberg, so that place feels a little bit less like Satan's toilet.

LOL
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 17:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
How come towns do not grow?

I just realised that for Bastok we can answer this question:

Because they sux's.

Zanno said:
Yeah, then i def remember Oblivion, I liked Morrowing better even though the graphics on Oblivion was like 1000 times better. I remember I wasn't doing anything but going to ppls house and stealing and stuff in oblivion lol.

Chose the Thief guild, was alot of work to keep them happy haha

I went for the Dark Brotherhood first time round... That was awesome fun! Screw the bonuses though, I just went in and stabbed 'em a few times :)

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 17:39:40
Link | Citer | R

I can sense the powers of Oblivion will soon take over this thread...

That's a good thing of course. Oblivion ftw!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-03-07 17:40:58
Link | Citer | R

You know honeselty that should include more npcs in each town to make it look like each town is bustling.. make the npcs moving arond , have more children running around playing catch or running with Stick swords in hands.

Bastok, see more Miners mining and maybe a small group of Galkas bitching at their Hume Boss for w.e ***thats going on.. that kind of crap..

SanD'Oria, sorta the same thing... more children running around , seeing a bunch of ol ladies standing around observing quilts etc...

Windurst, Maybe have some astronomers contemplating some idealistic philosphies.. More ppl down in POrt, perhaps more ships docking there talking about bad hauls of fishing and their nets breaking..( ships as in Fishing Trawlers...)and near the 'Big Tree' have alot of political ppl and buskers around...

Thats sounds good.. and in each town.. having pppl building new buildings and dismantling old buildings. make it more alive.. or even for that matter have like "Street Cleaners with Rolling Garbage cans.. sweeping the streets.

Imagine sweeping the streets as a task that you can do for each town and having that garner you fame for your town???

hmmmm
 Seraph.Keichan
Serveur: Seraph
user: Keichan
By Seraph.Keichan 2009-03-07 18:00:26
Link | Citer | R

I love the idea of being able to change zones except they will always resort to:

"PS2 Limitations"

=(
 Siren.Wiccaan
Serveur: Siren
user: Wiccaan
By Siren.Wiccaan 2009-03-07 18:07:42
Link | Citer | R

With the way they do updates and such, the servers would be done constantly to accommodate for this type of thing. Would be nice to see but wouldn't be worth it with the way FFXi is programmed.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-07 18:13:09
Link | Citer | R

If they started moving quest NPC's around I'd stab somebody. >.<
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-07 19:52:55
Link | Citer | R

idk about you guys... but ive been holding it in for almost two years now!!! {bathroom} {can i have it?} {please assist} /panic

Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

I think they need to add more towns as well. After all...a nation isn't just going to have one city and some scenery...its gonna have cities and towns other than the capital.
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-07 21:21:00
Link | Citer | R

There's no life to the Mindartian cities because everyone up and went to Whitegate... ;)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Aledacia said:
I think they need to add more towns as well. After all...a nation isn't just going to have one city and some scenery...its gonna have cities and towns other than the capital.

{word}

Like Oblivion. You'd come across a town or settlement every yard. Good times!

See. Back to Oblivion again!
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 22:33:02
Link | Citer | R

All this is great, but screw finishing bastok, when are SE gonna fix the damn Ordelle's caves stairs (also used in leujeoam sanctum) and the *** up polys in ranguemont pass?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-03-07 22:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Malekith said:
There's no life to the Mindartian cities because everyone up and went to Whitegate... ;)

HAHA!,Best thing you've said in Ages, Malekith!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-07 22:39:48
Link | Citer | R

As far as oblivion is concerned.... its WAY effed up in the scaling. Like many who played the game, i didnt go straight for Kvatch, i explored, and explored, and basically did a lot of ***before going back, at which point it was impossibly hard to complete. I had mobs running 3x my speed at my mage doing 1/4 his health per hit, and my assassin had some pretty beefy foes as well, though i managed to get by on him... the mage? LOL yeah no luck.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 22:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Kajidourden said:
As far as oblivion is concerned.... its WAY effed up in the scaling. Like many who played the game, i didnt go straight for Kvatch, i explored, and explored, and basically did a lot of ***before going back, at which point it was impossibly hard to complete. I had mobs running 3x my speed at my mage doing 1/4 his health per hit, and my assassin had some pretty beefy foes as well, though i managed to get by on him... the mage? LOL yeah no luck.
I played Morrowwind, after exploring way too much before doing actual story-line, I was totally pimp and plowed through any of the story line mobs too easily... All these types of games are the same, explore more, kill more, level up. Easy days.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-07 22:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Kajidourden said:
I played Morrowwind, after exploring way too much before doing actual story-line, I was totally pimp and plowed through any of the story line mobs too easily... All these types of games are the same, explore more, kill more, level up. Easy days.

Lol..........
Kvatch is supposed to be the VERY first thing you do in the game, or close to it, im saying i went and leveled up a shitload, got all kinds of stuff, came back, and the game tried to scale the mobs to me, but failed in a most epic way....
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-08 14:10:02
Link | Citer | R

great ideas ^^ hopefully they open their eyes
First Page 2