Forum » FFXI » General » Best BLM food @ 75
Best BLM food @ 75
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 12:10:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm not one to normally use food...but im starting to see my dmg lacking compared to some of the new players comin up to sky and such so yea....any suggestions on food?
 Hades.Hybridkiller
Serveur: Hades
By Hades.Hybridkiller 2009-03-07 12:13:09
Link | Citer | R

cream puffs
crimson jelly
 Fenrir.Takien
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-03-07 12:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Crimson jelly has been good to have on hand for those longer fights where mp becomes an issue. I loved this stuff for soloing Qirin in the Nyzule isle stagging point on SCH.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-03-07 12:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Get some merits, max out lightning and ice cat1. Max out Burst2 and Freeze2.
Max Elemental magic and when you Burst2 something it will know who hit it. Even if your gear isn't stellar merits will make a bigger dif than food. Plus its perm.
 Fenrir.Alijah
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-03-07 12:17:38
Link | Citer | R

My favorite food are Cream Puffs or Melon Pies +1.

Cream puffs have 7 INT, so it's nice for puddings, or events, where you just wanna push out the most damage as possible. I prefer the pies (5 INT, plus MP and hMP, I forget how much exactly) for Lowmanned or Manaburned BCNMs, since you will inevitably end up resting and you'll need the hMP boost to get as much mp as possible back quickly.

Crimson Jelly is also wonderful, if you have the cash for it. Int +6, MP +12%, and some hMP to match. 3 hour food, but it's a pretty penny, at least on my server. 20-25k just for the 1 food. Then of course, there's Ambrosia which takes an Abj from Sky NMs + Cursed Soup (Usually around 3-5k). +7 to every stat, including hHP and hMP.

Ninja Edit: Yes, as someone said above, merits will do more help than food would. Finish some Elemental merits, and then pump some merits into Ice and Thunder potency.
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-03-07 12:19:56
Link | Citer | R

thx