Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22724 22725
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 10:29:56
Link | Citer | R

Good job retrieving a 2 months-old posts just to instigate conflict.

Where is my hoe, lemme lend it to you so you can be productive
By Dodik 2024-10-23 10:33:33
Link | Citer | R

It would be better for you if you didn't read news from such.. disreputable sources, to put it within censor limits.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 10:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

I dont appreciate being told "*** you" in such an angry tone, it lingers and I had to wait two months for things to play out otherwise Viciouss would come out with "das a conspiracy" if I retorted right away.

Dodik said: »
It would be better for you if you didn't read news from such.. disreputable sources, to put it within censor limits.
Sky News
MSN
Telegraph
The Sun
Yahoo

Are these also "such disreputable sources", or are they ok?
By Dodik 2024-10-23 10:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Not saying it's not true. I am saying that particular source, the mirror, tends to misquote and pander to common and incorrect beliefs.

There's been some weird stuff. Read up on the case of the trans male that got sent to women's prison. They came out just as they got arrested and put on a wig. They were arrested for sexual crimes against women.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 11:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Read up on the case of the trans male that got sent to women's prison. They came out just as they got arrested and put on a wig. They were arrested for sexual crimes against women.
I'll need you to link me, because I'll need to know which instance you're specifically talking about.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 11:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I dont appreciate being told "*** you" in such an angry tone, it lingers and I had to wait two months for things to play out otherwise Viciouss would come out with "das a conspiracy" if I retorted right away.

Jesus already told us the only salvation to human race: and that is to forgive.

Despite how painful its to shallow aggressions, we must overcome the anger and break the vicious cycle of hate.

I have faith you can surpass yourself!

Everything can be forgiven!
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 11:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Everything BUT kicking dogs, im afraid
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 11:41:33
Link | Citer | R

1-I'm Canadian
1A- Imagine how shitty you have to be for a Canadian to refuse to say "I'm sorry"
2-I'm atheist
3-Chihuahua's arent dogs
By Afania 2024-10-23 11:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Jesus already told us the only salvation to human race: and that is to forgive.

Despite how painful its to shallow aggressions, we must overcome the anger and break the vicious cycle of hate.

I have faith you can surpass yourself!

Everything can be forgiven!

O Panta, our Shepherd. Guide us to Salvation.
By Viciouss 2024-10-23 11:54:11
Link | Citer | R

lol, still running with this lie huh? Every time I post, which is rare these days cuz of how busy I am, I am "stalking" you. You aren't that special, canuck.

Also, Seems like a completely appropriate response from Leon at the time. Posting lies about a shooter to instigate violence is a crime. Has nothing to do with the government.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 12:14:13
Link | Citer | R

You rarely post, yet you always seem to find my posts, how odd.

Anyways, it wasnt "lies about a shooter" considering it was regarding the stabbing, aka knife violence not gun violence, of three pre-teen girls. That definitely warranted being fast tracked through the courts with no chance of bail. But "WE MUST CUT THEIR THROATS AND GET RID OF THEM ALL" is not an incite of violence, definitely does not need to be fast tracked through the courts and warrants bail.

Viciouss said: »
Seems like a completely appropriate response from Leon at the time
And as usual, these things that you believe look good "at the time" turn out to be absolutely *** terrible to the detriment to proper civilization.
By Afania 2024-10-23 12:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Also, Seems like a completely appropriate response from Leon at the time. Posting lies about a shooter to instigate violence is a crime. Has nothing to do with the government.

more people who say mean words on the internet

I don't think the problem is "saying mean words on internet" but "what they said leads chaos and real social cost(money loss) in the society".

If one day someone claimed that they put a bomb on an airplane on Facebook. Somebody read it and called the cops. The airline company delayed the flight for 5 hours just to do a security check and found no bombs, airline companies and the passenger lost time/money. Should we punish this kind of posts?

If this isn't punished then everyone can literally post anything for no consequences, and everyone pays for it in the end.
By Viciouss 2024-10-23 12:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Seems like a completely appropriate response from Leon at the time
Quote:
And as usual, these things that you believe look good "at the time" turn out to be absolutely *** terrible to the detriment to proper civilization.

No actually, I still think Leon's post was appropriate. Looked good then, looks good now. That woman being in jail doesn't hurt civilization at all.
By Afania 2024-10-23 12:26:33
Link | Citer | R

That woman being in jail doesn't hurt civilization at all.

If people can accept misinformation posts about bombs on an airplane that leads to flight delay is crime, then the same logic should apply to misinformation posts that leads to a riot too.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 12:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
If one day someone claimed that they put a bomb on an airplane on Facebook. Somebody read it and called the cops. The airline company delayed the flight for 5 hours just to do a security check and found no bombs, airline companies and the passenger lost time/money. Should we punish this kind of posts?
I dont know where you live, but this is literally a law already in many first-world countries

USA
Canada
UK
Australia
By Afania 2024-10-23 12:34:10
Link | Citer | R

I dont know where you live, but this is literally a law already in many first-world countries

USA
Canada
UK
Australia

What I meant is, you can accept false information about terrorists attack on airplane being a crime, but you can't accept false information that leads to large scale riot being a crime. It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know if there are specific laws to punish people that stir up riot in the UK. But I don't think such law is uncivilized at all. It is only uncivilized IF such law don't exist atm and she is still being put into jail, since you can't punish people if the law didn't say such action is crime.

But having/making law to maintain social order and punish riot starter isn't uncivilized imo.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-23 12:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Someone claims a bomb is on a plane. There is an immediate claim that is being produced that requires investigation. The airline needs to investigate it, because if the bomb is there and they don't, it would be a PR disaster[and a disaster for the people..] This is direct causation.

Someone claims that the person who committed a crime is [race/religion/whatever]. Some people have a riot about [race/religion/whatever]. There are thousands or millions of other opinions flying around, the people rioting were likely already prejudiced or biased based on their own experiences and those other influences. You cannot fairly compare the 2 situations, there is no way to paint this as direct causation.
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 12:44:33
Link | Citer | R

You rarely post, yet you always seem to find my posts, how odd.

There is only one explanation for this.

There is a snitch leaking information to him!!!

Probably that snitch sent him a whatsapp message saying: “hey, Nynja is up to no good. Again”.

We must discover who is that snitch ASAP!
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 12:44:55
Link | Citer | R

I would vote…. afania is the snitch!
By Afania 2024-10-23 12:49:56
Link | Citer | R

I would vote…. afania is the snitch!

Vote? Where is the EVIDENCE!?
By Pantafernando 2024-10-23 12:52:31
Link | Citer | R

My words are the only factual evidence in this world
By Afania 2024-10-23 13:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
there is no way to paint this as direct causation.

Well, sure. But either way, I think whether this is civilized or not depends on if democratic process is followed anyways.

If UK has no law that punishes dinformation that started a riot, then that woman shouldn't be guilty. Otherwise it is uncivilized.

If lawmakers in the UK decided to make a law that punishes disinformation on the internet for starting a riot, and if the process of law making followed democratic process, then it is still civilized. Because the democracy allows people to vote for lawmakers to make laws.

If majority of people in a society agreed that the government can get more power to maintain social order, this is not inherently uncivilized because it is people who made the choice, not the government alone.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 13:11:24
Link | Citer | R

What I meant is, you can accept false information about terrorists attack on airplane being a crime, but you can't accept false information that leads to large scale riot being a crime. It doesn't make sense to me.
No ones going to jail for notifying the police "hey, someone on facebook posted that they put a bomb on flight XYZ", unless they are the "someone". Every bomb threat has to be treated as a legitimate threat.
By Afania 2024-10-23 13:13:07
Link | Citer | R

No ones going to jail for notifying the police "hey, someone on facebook posted that they put a bomb on flight XYZ", unless they are the "someone". Every bomb threat has to be treated as a legitimate threat.

Well yeah, it is people who posted it that's responsible, not the one who called police. I don't think I said anything about people calling police in this case is committing a crime, only the false information poster.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-23 13:13:53
Link | Citer | R

If lawmakers in the UK decided to make a law that punishes disinformation on the internet for starting a riot, and if the process of law making followed democratic process, then it is still civilized.

One would assume the process of law involves verifying the 'disinformation on the internet started the riot', which should be impossible. Since, you know, all those other factors exist. I'm not going to go out and riot about [group] just because someone said [group] caused something. Neither is any other rational person.

It might be an infinitesimally small factor for people who are already biased against that group, but they had years to build the mindset that allowed them to reach that extreme. The twitter post ain't it.
By Afania 2024-10-23 13:21:20
Link | Citer | R

If lawmakers in the UK decided to make a law that punishes disinformation on the internet for starting a riot, and if the process of law making followed democratic process, then it is still civilized.

One would assume the process of law involves verifying the 'disinformation on the internet started the riot', which should be impossible.

Regarding how the law should be written and how the verication system should be established, it is law maker's job anyways. Law isn't my specialty so I don't have the expertise to come up with a perfect solution. I think it is generally lawyer and prosecutor's job to provide fact check evidence on the court anyways.

I am only against the idea of using "uncivilized" as generalized statement to describe this kind of law regardless of how it's established.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-23 13:34:17
Link | Citer | R

It might be an infinitesimally small factor for people who are already biased against that group, but they had years to build the mindset that allowed them to reach that extreme. The twitter post ain't it.
Even the rational people can get sent off the deep end upon hearing about how three pre-teen girls (9, 7, 6) were stabbed to death.

The fact viciouss thought it had to do about "a shooting" shows how ill-informed he truly is.
First Page 2 3 ... 22724 22725