Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22698 22699 22700 ... 22704 22705 22706
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 13:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Viciouss said: »
What does Bloodborne 2 have to do with Concord? Completely different developers?
This does not seem to mater to Nynja.
Bloodborne was published by Sony and the developer, Japan Studio, operated under the SIE banner since its inception in 1993 until Sony folded Japan Studio.
Concord was published by Sony and the developer, Firewalk Studios, also wound up operating under the SIE banner. Maybe they're regretting that purchase though.

But of course, thats just irrelevant information that does not mater to Nynja.

Atleast we got Ghost of Tsushima.
By Afania 2024-09-04 13:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Another woke goyslop excuse of a game for a modern audience that fell flat on its face.

Nothing of value was lost except for the 8 years that could have been spent working on Bloodborne 2 or a remake with extra content for a fraction of the investment.

Sony bought Firewalk in Q2 2023, so there is a very big chance that they aren't even the decision maker on Concord game mechanics nor art direction, since you need to nail down those things very early in the development.

You can blame Sony on overestimating Concord potential, but I would question if Sony made most the decisions on the game design/art. Sony probably made marketing/business decision for it, that's all.

I bet if Sony has never aquire Firewalk, this game would get significant less harassment from anti-woke mobs. Most of the anti-woke hatred seems to target towards big companies like Sony. People would care less about a mid size 150 people unknown studio failed their first game. Basically Firewalk received extra negative reputation because of Sony lol.

Failing a commercial game is VERY common in the gaming industry. A "bad game" simply means they failed the competition in the market against the better games. Since games gets better each year and the market gets more saturated each year too, it is unavoidable to see more and more bad games (or even 7/10 games which means bad these days) are being made. Because only very small amount of games can be "good" that beats everyone else in competition.

So it's not entirely new that game can fail in 2024 for any reason. People just used this failure story as propaganda to promote their political views, that's all.
By Afania 2024-09-04 13:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Bloodborne was published by Sony and the developer, Japan Studio, operated under the SIE banner since its inception in 1993 until Sony folded Japan Studio.

What makes Bloodborne Bloodborne is because of Miyazaki, not Sony.

It doesn't matter if Sony put money on Bloodborne II instead. If Miyazaki doesn't make it then it doesn't matter. It would be Bloodborne II with names only.

Why would you even want that?

I would rather see Bloodborne II because Miyazaki wants to make it, not because Sony wants to milk an IP.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-09-04 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

No company ever tries to milk an IP. Especially not Disney and Shart Wars
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-04 13:37:34
Link | Citer | R

By RadialArcana 2024-09-04 13:46:34
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Cyberpunk Vampire Xcom style game, looks kind of interesting.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-04 13:47:08
Link | Citer | R

You just want the boobs, you perv
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-04 13:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Another woke goyslop excuse of a game for a modern audience that fell flat on its face.

There are no real verifiable relationship between "woke" and "bad game" or "ugly character" anyways. It's all propaganda.

FF7 in 1997 was woke as hell, but nobody said a thing. A group of environmentalist warriors fighting mega corp featuring a black man in the main cast that can be dated by the male protagonist? That's woke in every single way.

BG3 and Hogwarts were woke as hell too, but nobody said a thing because they sold well.

Plenty of western games from early 2000 had ugly characters, such as WoW, Might and magic, BG2, Planescape Torment, Mortal Kombat etc. Nobody said a thing 20 years ago too.

The truth is that people aren't mad at woke, they are mad at games that failed to entertain them. then instead of just focusing on criticism on elements that made the game fail they just have to find a political scapegoat to blame bad game design: such as "woke" "left wing ideology" or "DEI", despite none of those ideology evidently leads to bad game design.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 13:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
No company ever tries to milk an IP. Especially not Disney and Shart Wars
How many Call of Dutys have there been now??

How many years running have people been begging for a Bloodborne remake or 2?? Its literally free money, but the ESG scoreboard demands Goyslop, so we get Dustborn and Concord instead. We get bug infested Outlaws.

Lets the ***studios shut down, and the based Studios will rise up again like a Phoenix when the DEI funds run out. Theyre not gonna keep releasing ***that peaks at 200 players. Till then, theres backlog and indies.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 14:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Firewalk studios operated under the ProbablyMonsters banner

Lets see what we can learn anout ProbablyMonsters

Quote:
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made by uniting a diverse roster of development teams within a healthy, rewarding culture.

Shocked lol

They also raised 200 million (as an independent studio with literally zero game releases under their banner lol cmon) and then canceled the big project they were working on. Hello money laundering.
By Afania 2024-09-04 14:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Lets the ***studios shut down, and the based Studios will rise up again like a Phoenix when the DEI funds run out. Theyre not gonna keep releasing ***that peaks at 200 players. Till then, theres backlog and indies.

There are a lot of games that had connections with DEI/woke and are still successful, lol. The list is so long that it's impossible to name even half of them in a post.

I would even argue that indie scene has even more woke. Like Celeste etc.

You can't just name 2 "woke game" that failed, made a point that "woke game" sucks, then proceed ignore the rest of "woke games" that are successful.

It feels more like blanket statement with a political intention, not actual game development/game design discussion.

Whether a game is successful or not has more to do with good execution on every aspect, less to do with woke or no woke.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 14:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Whether a game is successful or not has more to do with execution, less to do with woke or no woke.

Lol

Oh wait, you actually believe that.

LMFAOOOOOOO

I couldnt doomscroll for 10 minutes without seeing a SW:Outlaws ad, it must be doing well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/1f82h2b/investors_seem_very_disappointed_about_star_wars/

Oh. Unless youre suggesting its just a bad game. Amazing how all these “bad games” all have something in common. Monké isnt an absolute banger of a game by any means (i hate the invisible walls on clearly walkable paths), but its sold lots of copies.
By Afania 2024-09-04 14:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Whether a game is successful or not has more to do with execution, less to do with woke or no woke.

Lol

Oh wait, you actually believe that.

Yeah, I can make a long list of successful woke games in the past including FF7, Celeste, KOTOR/Mass Effect/Dragon Age, Hades 1 and 2, BG3, Hogwarts Legacy, God of War Ragnarok, Spider man 2, Alan wake II, TLOU 1 and 2, Life is Strange, Cyberpunk 2077........

Those games are woke as hell or has DEI connection, and they sold pretty damn well with positive reviews.

If games above sold well with woke element, then "woke" can not be used as an excuse for failed games, the reason behind a failed game lies somewhere else. It's just simple logic.
By Afania 2024-09-04 14:22:48
Link | Citer | R

but its sold lots of copies.

It sold lots of copies because Chinese bought them like mad, and anti-woke propaganda promote it like a saviour of anti-woke. Two privileges that many games don't have.

Without both elements it's probably on par with Stellar blade or Nioh or lies of P, maybe slightly more from PC market, that's all.

That's how big the market is for this kind of game that scored 8/10.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-04 14:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
FF7 in 1997 was woke as hell, but nobody said a thing.
In 1997 woke wasn't a pejorative.

Indeed, in 2024 the vast majority of those who use woke as a pejorative can't define it.

Example: Anti-Woke Book's Author Humiliated, Can’t Define ‘Woke’ in Interview
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-04 14:24:03
Link | Citer | R

I think its not about woke or any of that ***, game looks bland.

I really hate this buzzword thing now. they made a bad game, its that simple.

As a far-right puerto rican bigot who enjoys capitalism with my overpriced hennessy, I enjoyed every second of Concord...... burning on impact. I was delighted while watching the devs push a toxic campaign of why their sales look terrible. I jumped for joy hearing concord was being shut down.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 14:29:08
Link | Citer | R

“FF7 was woke as hell”

Why?
Because they had a black lead with an interesting back story?
Because Cloud cross dresses to get into a certain establishment?

What else did I miss?
 Asura.Toeknee
Serveur: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-09-04 14:36:21
Link | Citer | R

This is pretty much the representation of 99.9% of the people regurgitating any dumb talking points online. My eyes roll back like Elon's old hairline as soon as I see a buzzword like woke thrown into any 'discussion'.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-04 14:40:31
Link | Citer | R

“FF7 was woke as hell”

Why?
Because they had a black lead with an interesting back story?
Because Cloud cross dresses to get into a certain establishment?

What else did I miss?

Environmentalism.....they even did terrorism for environmentalism. Basically the worst kind irl.

If this isn't left wing ideology idk what is.

So why aren't you complaining about FF7, using the same standard?

Or did you handpick what is woke and what is not only based on the ideology that you don't like?
By RadialArcana 2024-09-04 14:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Instead of left vs right, maybe wonder why they are doing what they are doing.

Blackrock are offering cheap loans to game companies to follow their agenda, why would they do that? Is Larry Fink secretly a fluffy bunny boy, that wants joy feelings to the world?

Or is he and his company setting up this for the gaming industry:

The way you make this, is setup all these smaller companies to alienate their fanbases and farm back to back failures.

Then you can gobble them all up and make mega corps. It's really hard to make big mega corps, when all these little companies are doing really well and have strong fanbases.
By Zehira 2024-09-04 14:44:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't think the original FF7 is woke. Wokeness started after the Obama era.

Wokeness is about being constantly offended. FF11 has racism in the sense of lore. The voices of Mithra and Tarutaru; and Galka being a slave with a silly name.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 14:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Galka got bullied around and out by literal ants.
By Afania 2024-09-04 14:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Zehira said: »
I don't think the original FF7 is woke. Wokeness started after the Obama era.

But it was still very left wing using 1997 standard.

So why people didn't have a problem back then?

RadialArcana said: »
Blackrock are offering cheap loans to game companies to follow their agenda

Good game story will have an agenda or ideology, usually. with or without Blackrock.

You can't critize Blackrock agenda unless the same standard is applied to all games.

It's okay for BG3 to be woke because they are independent? But another company with Blackrock money can't do the same? That's double standard.

If indie games are allowed to be woke, then other games should be allowed too.

You can attack bad game design or bad story, that's fair. Attacking agenda alone isn't fair.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-04 15:25:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't think the original FF7 is woke. Wokeness started after the Obama era....

Quote:
What does woke mean in urban slang?

aware of and actively attentive to important facts

Woke is now defined in this dictionary as “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice),” and identified as U.S. slang. It originated in African American English and gained more widespread use beginning in 2014 as part of the Black Lives Matter movement.
The term and that usage of it is actually older than I am. It dates to at least the 1930s and the jazz era.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-04 15:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Environmentalism is part of social justice ideology as well. So saying FF7 is woke should be correct based on the definition.

I think how this term is being used in the gaming community in 2024 is very different from the correct meaning though. Which is..... interesting.

Edit: I think a lot of negative comments about woke in the gaming community came from story being preachy when it comes to ideology. But to me it is problem of narrative technique, not woke problem.

Jrpg and anime suffers from preachy narratives all the time. Us otakus use the term "cringe" to describe preachy narratives, not "woke". Those are fundamentally two different things.
By Zehira 2024-09-04 16:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
But it was still very left wing using 1997 standard.
The left wing in 1997 wasn't the same as today. Now there are gay and black conservatives. Though, people can change if they disagree. Brains aren't fixed.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The term and that usage of it is actually older than I am. It dates to at least the 1930s and the jazz era.

I used to think people were doing fine in 1980s and 1990s until guess what? It's all about raising children properly.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-04 16:10:12
Link | Citer | R

The left wing in 1997 wasn't the same as today. Now there are gay and black conservatives. Though, people can change if they disagree. Brains aren't fixed

Well yeah, I agree that politics can change, of course. What I meant is that people are mad that games in 2024 have an agenda, but okay with 1997 games that also had an agenda(even if the agenda itself is slightly different).

So what's the standard for implementing ideology in video games?

Was it "video games can't have agenda at all"?

Or "video games can't have agenda that I don't like"?

Or "agenda is okay, as long as gameplay and story are well made"?

It feels like the arguments are all over the place in the gaming community atm.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-04 17:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Just in case you need another reason to not buy a tesla.

Cops Are Towing Teslas to Recover Crime Scene Footage
It turns out that Elon Musk's cars are perfect surveillance devices for cops.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-04 19:22:21
Link | Citer | R

I couldnt follow this discussion, but statistically, its more likely youre all wrong, so a buttslap on each of you
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 19:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Excuse you

Galka got bullied around and out by literal ants.
This is a documented fact
First Page 2 3 ... 22698 22699 22700 ... 22704 22705 22706