Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22660 22661 22662 ... 22700 22701 22702
By Afania 2024-07-26 11:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Some people boss only themselves. Some bosses are themselves employees. Some bosses are hired to "streamline the workflow" which is corporatese for laying people off. IE destroying jobs.

Maybe I should say bosses create more "business opportunities".

Even the one man business will create more business opportunities when they do business with suppliers and customers. Which leads to economical growth.

Economical growth generally means more money for more people somewhere. Maybe the suppliers need to hire people, maybe the customers earns more money from the service and use money somewhere in the economy.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-07-26 13:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
You can't ignore business person's creativity when it comes to building a new products.
building is the wrong word here, if Tim from marketing says "hey guys lets use this class D amplifier circuit for the new product designing, I think the circuit will improve our efficiency" He is a damn engineer, or has no idea what he is talking about and got lucky.

The actual thing Tim from marketing would say to the engineers is "We have done some customer research and it seems like our customers are really looking for better efficiencies in our current products, can you look into how we can do that?"

They help define what your design goals are, but have no idea how to get there... or if it is even possible.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-07-26 14:53:01
Link | Citer | R

I don't agree. There are a lot of new invention that changed the world, they don't rely on "advertising" to sell.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-26 15:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Tonight I will indulge in some gaming

13h in FFXI, gonna see if I can get to 16h before tomorrow.

13h and I still cant have a 3 people party yet.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-07-26 15:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Havent logged into Sortiexi in a week. Been playing the first descendent. WOES ME when we log back in to get *** slapped by a dragon-like-slot machine. *** trash game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-26 21:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Deadpool 3 is awesomesauce. Its just a blast.

No way home and multiverse of madness cameo roars pale in comparison
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 01:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Good morning you who are an olympic athlete, the apex of human physique.

Also good morning you, who is just a fat incel watching television while eating potato chips.

Always drink water.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-07-27 06:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I don't agree. There are a lot of new invention that changed the world, they don't rely on "advertising" to sell.

Talk about butthurt!
By Afania 2024-07-27 06:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Good morning you who are an olympic athlete, the apex of human physique.

Also good morning you, who is just a fat incel watching television while eating potato chips.

Always drink water.

I skipped my practice at dojo today just to watch Olympics Judo competition.....

Life of an incel....
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 06:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Always drink water.

Your brain tells you when you're thirsty, drink when your brain tells you to. Same as every other animal. Outside of working out in hot weather where you can dehydrate really fast due to excessive sweating, there is no reason to force yourself to drink if you're not thirsty.

I keep seeing messaging to drink more water everywhere and people walking around with bottled water all the time, like they are going to perish if they don't have water on hand at a moments notice.

I swear this is pushed by bottled water corporations and everyone just absorbed it and parrots it now. I guess you can't blame the companies for doing it, bottled luxury water is a manufactured industry that didn't really exist 50+ years ago. Now they make 500+ bilion dollars a year selling you stuff that comes from a tap.

Next one to go mainstream will be bottled air no doubt, and everyone will go along with that too if it's pushed enough.

Huff the luxury minted air, for your lungs!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 06:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Humans are too stupid to be trusted to "listen to their body"

Quote:
75 Percent of Americans Are Chronically Dehydrated
(this is largely due to LITERALLY everything having a billion mg of sodium)
((Hurray for processed, chemically enhanced, preservative laced poison masquerading as "food"))

You've been under hydrated for 40 years, your body doesn't even understand what it should feel like anymore.
By Afania 2024-07-27 07:01:02
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
I swear this is pushed by bottled water corporations and everyone just absorbed it and parrots it now.

.....I swear you think too much....

Pretty sure most of the drink more water message that I've seen came from health care professionals.

This is one post from Harvard discussing how much water we should drink per day, are they bottled water corporations too?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-much-water-should-you-drink
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 07:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Every machine has a delay between the event, the measure and the action. Human body isnt different, but probably react slower than a electrical sensor.

So, if youre feeling thristy, feeling hunger, feeling pain, then youre acting to correct it, instead of preventing it.

I always like to think the difference between humans and non-intelligent animals is how close or far from behaviourism they act.

Without memory and processing of data, animals cant make decisions for time +1, +2 ahead: they can only react to the input they receive and thats it.

Humans can think ahead, and they can make decisions that maybe can make not sense in short time, but will eventually pay off with interest in the future.

Thats one reason that made human in the top of food chain: by not simply reacting to what the body says
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 07:04:20
Link | Citer | R

I swear this is pushed by bottled water corporations and everyone just absorbed it and parrots it now.

Thats valid to the both of you
By Afania 2024-07-27 07:04:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Humans are too stupid to be trusted to "listen to their body"

Quote:
75 Percent of Americans Are Chronically Dehydrated
(this is largely due to LITERALLY everything having a billion mg of sodium)

You've been under hydrated for 40 years, your body doesn't even understand what it should feel like anymore.

That Harvard post explained why.

Quote:
Age: Older people don't sense thirst as much as they did when they were younger. And that could be a problem if they're on a medication that may cause fluid loss, such as a diuretic.

It's normal to not trust your feelings because they aren't accurate according to Harvard.
By Afania 2024-07-27 07:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Thats valid to the both of you

Every machine has a delay between the event, the measure and the action. Human body isnt different, but probably react slower than a electrical sensor.

So, if youre feeling thristy, feeling hunger, feeling pain, then youre acting to correct it, instead of preventing it.

I always like to think the difference between humans and non-intelligent animals is how close or far from behaviourism they act.

Without memory and processing of data, animals cant make decisions for time +1, +2 ahead: they can only react to the input they receive and thats it.

Humans can think ahead, and they can make decisions that maybe can make not sense in short time, but will eventually pay off with interest in the future.

Thats one reason that made human in the top of food chain: by not simply reacting to what the body says
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 07:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I just feel like shitposting just to contribute to the forum.

Because we have been losing shitposters by the minute.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 07:10:53
Link | Citer | R

It was an obvious low quality bait, but today I decided to bite it just to make him happy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 07:24:18
Link | Citer | R

But I must admit while Radial's baits are easy to see and ignore, Afania's baits are actually well elaborated.

You can see a lot of study, research, technique to prepare premium tier baits that, when I read, I really feel tempted to bite.

To prevent that, though, my technique is to simply not reading that much.

Yes, Afania's bait are premium tier. But is too much work to bite it.

I prefer the fast food tier baiting.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 07:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Most people who drink beyond their needs are 15-45, so in near peak condition. This messaging isn't pushed to old people, but young people.

If you're 40-50% dehydrated what's going to happen, what are the medical risks that require you to worry and buy expensive bottled water and carry it around? why the fear of not being 90-100% hydrated. Everyone says to stay hydrated, but they never really say why.

Nothing is going to happen unless it's extremely chronic and long lasting, even then your body gets used to whatever your natural fluid intake is.

The only reason you should be worried about hydration, is if you're working out and you're doing to dehydrate faster than your body can take account for. Common sense.

I drink when I'm thirsty and always have, not when Nestle tells me to. I almost never get headaches or any health problems, plus I'm not in the toilet 20 times a day cause of overdrinking beyond my needs.

They put huge signs on the wall in my supermarket near the checkouts a few years ago, saying to drink water (no branding anywhere, but it's obvious someone paid for it to be there) and they even have a sink (with no cups btw). It's literally marketing with the illusion of not being so.

This is only really a thing in rich western nations, where people can waste so much money on bottled water in the first place.

Quote:

People and corporations with knowledge in psychology can take advantage of our instinctive behavior systems just fine. Also if you get drunk or are tired instinctive behavior kicks in far easier too. Being drunk = effectively turning down how much control your conscious mind has over your actions and behaving more like a monkey boy/girl.
By Afania 2024-07-27 07:45:00
Link | Citer | R

But I must admit while Radial's baits are easy to see and ignore, Afania's baits are actually well elaborated.

You can see a lot of study, research, technique to prepare premium tier baits that, when I read, I really feel tempted to bite.

To prevent that, though, my technique is to simply not reading that much.

Yes, Afania's bait are premium tier. But is too much work to bite it.

I prefer the fast food tier baiting.

Huh? 99% of time when I replied to something, I just google for 15 sec and link random articles to support the view.

I wouldn't call that a lot of work lol.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-07-27 07:51:05
Link | Citer | R

"hmm 500+ billion seems excessive and I doubt that's accurate"

Turns out it was excessive. 342 billion global revenue for bottled water sales in 2023.
By Afania 2024-07-27 07:57:56
Link | Citer | R

If you're 40-50% dehydrated what's going to happen, what are the medical risks that require you to worry and buy expensive bottled water and carry it around?

It takes 15 sec to Google those info. Don't google advertisements, google healthcare research papers.

Also "drink more water" is not always directly related to buying bottled water. I always carry my own bottle, because I am not interested in getting kidney failure or blood clot on the airplane. I definitely know people irl suffer from that.

If you have zero health problems, lucky you. I am not going to risk my health with unhealthy lifestyle when every health related research suggested drink more water. Who the hell cares about bottle water business? That has nothing to do with health.
By RadialArcana 2024-07-27 08:05:57
Link | Citer | R

Also "drink more water" is not always directly related to buying bottled water. I always carry my own bottle, because I am not interested in getting kidney failure or blood clot on the airplane. I definitely know people irl suffer from that.

If you have zero health problems, lucky you. I am not going to risk my health with unhealthy lifestyle when every health related research suggested drink more water. Who the hell cares about bottle water business? That has nothing to do with health.

Humans have been around for 200k years+, bottled water and a fixation with hydration 50-60 years. do you force your dog to drink when it doesn't want to? Has it had kidney failure and blood clots? If not aren't you worried about your cherished pet?

Most countries in the world are not hydration fixated and just drink when they are thirsty, and they have massive populations and are not all dying in the streets from kidney failure or blood clots.

If you like doing it, go for it but it's still been a fabricated need instilled into people by mega corporations like Nestle over the past 50 years.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 08:07:26
Link | Citer | R

I just google for 15 sec and link random articles to support the view.

Thats way more work than Im willing to do for FFXIAH, so Im correct.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-27 08:13:19
Link | Citer | R

I just google for 15 sec and link random articles to support the view.

Thats way more work than Im willing to do for FFXIAH, so Im correct.

BTW, 15 secs is about FFXI user braging level.

I cant even type "dehydrated" in 15 secs, leave alone checking results, copying random links and posting back.

By Viciouss 2024-07-27 08:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Just had a coworker that needed surgery to remove a kidney stone. $9,000 operation because she wasn't getting enough water. Always drink water.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-07-27 08:27:22
Link | Citer | R

I think a lot of the "drink more water" thing comes from people consuming everything but: insane amounts of coffee, drinking too much alcohol, and soft drinks loaded with sugar and everything else. There may be some truth to the idea it's pushed by corps trying to sell bottled water, but that doesn't mean there isn't truth in the idea that people aren't drinking enough water, instead drinking ***they have been made addicted to their whole life and is terrible for them.

It's also pretty easy and convenient to not drink bottled water, I avoid it unless I absolutely have no choice and that's extremely rare.
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-27 08:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Humans have been around for 200k years+, bottled water and a fixation with hydration 50-60 years. do you force your dog to drink when it doesn't want to? Has it had kidney failure and blood clots? If not aren't you worried about your cherished pet?

Most countries in the world are not hydration fixated and just drink when they are thirsty, and they have massive populations and are not all dying in the streets from kidney failure or blood clots.

You aren't making any sense here. You don't NEED bottled water to drink more water. You always have the choice to drink water with your cup.

You are the only person who associate drinking water(which is a health related statement) with "mega corp making money" which is silly.

Btw, Kidney failure rate in my country is about 12% in adult population. This number is significant. There are tons of research papers talked about kidney failure is associated with high sodium/sugar intake AND the lack of water intake.

You are the only person who ignored all the science paper and insisted it's all mega corp conspiracy theory. Please stop.....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-27 08:35:22
Link | Citer | R

In every lie, there is some truth.

It's certainly true that (nestle, coke, pepsi) wants you to buy bottled water.

You (everyone) DO most likely need more water intake. It doesn't matter where you get it from, so why not buy it from us.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22660 22661 22662 ... 22700 22701 22702