Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22606 22607 22608 ... 22707 22708 22709
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-31 08:08:06
Link | Citer | R

By Afania 2024-05-31 08:19:36
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Why are people spamming "W" in live chats for silent hill and saying the worst crap. Is it that beef with the old director or something? I swear theres like 5 people with huge bot networks spamming stuff just to influence others to do it, people are weird online.

I think there is a lot of woke v.s anti-woke going on again. People complained about character design change and sweet baby inc getting involved etc.

That being said, from a perspective of someone who gives zero *** about woke nor character design, I do feel the new trailer didn't quite nail the atmosphere of the OG. I feel the environment is missing something that makes the OG scary and depressing.

Maybe it has something to do with the space of the corridor and room being bigger in the trailer, or maybe the environment lacks contrast, or maybe it is the camera angle..... I watched the new gameplay trailer and didn't feel scared by the environment one bit. I feel this team can't quite capture the essence of silent hill scares.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 08:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Why are people spamming "W" in live chats for silent hill and saying the worst crap. Is it that beef with the old director or something? I swear theres like 5 people with huge bot networks spamming stuff just to influence others to do it, people are weird online.
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't defend this
Wtf did they do to poor Angela
You're not allowed to have attractive female characters in video games, they have to have manly features.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 08:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys feel ashamed if you eat too much during coffee breaks?

I just kept swallowing breads like if i was starving.

"Yo, dog, didnt you eat breakfeast today? Did you just get out of jail to be that hungry?"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 08:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Is the food free? Then no.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 10:15:32
Link | Citer | R

https://x.com/dengekionline/status/1796412629008912600

We live in a world where Sony is censoring things that Nintendo is allowing through.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-31 10:43:48
Link | Citer | R

The silent hills remake looks like hot garbage, the developers they are hired are random nobodies with an awful track record of games. It's not woke, it's just garbage.

Quite why Konami would hire a bunch of Polish devs with an awful track record of games is beyond me.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-31 11:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Getting married tomorrow :)

Been married for 11 years now...

It's fun till you get to endgame
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-31 11:38:21
Link | Citer | R

guys i can only reach 9 mins Songs on my Bard with JA is that very bard? i mean bad
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-31 11:49:32
Link | Citer | R

gratz i did that 2 years ago its guud
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-31 12:03:13
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
a bunch of Polish devs
How many Pollocks does it takes to ruin a game?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-31 12:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
guys i can only reach 9 mins Songs on my Bard with JA is that very bard? i mean bad

Needs more Carnwenhan.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-31 12:06:29
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how nervous Vyre is rn.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-05-31 12:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
a bunch of Polish devs
*Polacks.

I really don't think that a tasty whitefish often found at chippies can ruin FFXI...maybe it can.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 12:41:04
Link | Citer | R

I wonder how nervous Vyre is rn.

Lets say we hope his tuxedo isnt white
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-31 13:03:06
Link | Citer | R

they are hired are random nobodies with an awful track record of games. It's not woke, it's just garbage.

They aren't random nobody, their Layers of fear is quite a classic in walk sim horror genre, a lot of walk sim horror indie dev still copied some of their game design techniques to scare people. If you ask people to recommend a walk sim horror game, very frequently LoF is brought up. That shows their work is still significant in this genre.

Though their other games are a bit less genre changing than Layers of fear. Definitely not on the level of terrible games.

I think most people's opinion is that they are good at making walk sim kind of horror game, but SH2 isn't walk sim, but a more traditional console survival horror with combat elements like resident evil. Since people's standard on SH2 remake is so high they are skeptical if smaller studios like this can handle the task. I think people are expecting Capcom resident evil 2 level of remake.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 13:05:39
Link | Citer | R

Disney blames the fans for the failures of their modern day Star Wars.

The people in modern day Star Wars:
"Anakin blowing up the death star"

I'm nowhere near being remotely close to a Star Wars nerd (I think I dont think I've seen any of them more than a handful of times, I dont think I've watched any of the newer ones either), but even I know that Anakin is Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-05-31 13:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Only one if it is old enough.

[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-31 13:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Been married for 11 years now...

It's fun till you get to endgame

Depends on if you run a minion build or not... :P
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 14:35:15
Link | Citer | R

For the first time in 2 weeks, I felt like asking something to the presenter in public.

I asked the mic, waited more 3 people to send their questions and when I would ask my question... the assistant told me: "Time's up. Maybe next time".

I would have asked the guy who was presenting about the AI uses in the company, for a bandwagoner like me, confused with so many related topics like LLM, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, wtc, what would be the best path to follow to become proficient in AI.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-31 15:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't defend this
Wtf did they do to poor Angela

[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-31 16:00:38
Link | Citer | R

lol yes she looks awful but the gameplay i've seen looks good to me. It looks like every other horror game released in the last few years, including RE4 remake... The music is all the same, they look like they are playing it incredibly safe.

It honestly feels like its due to that woke crap company they involved in order to get a loan or something. It feels like there is some kind of bot network plaquing them with dislikes and bad comments, it happens anytime theres some woke thing that comes up. I get nitpicky concerns like face models and weird movements at times, but it doesn't look horrible to me.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 16:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Here Im reading about the news of a discussion between two famous people, that out of nowhere, started to swearing each other.

After the heat cooled down, started the job of the "influencers" to give their own "opinion" about the discussion.

One complained that the most famous one shouldnt have engaged the less famous. In theory, as the former being "stronger", he could simply preserve himself and sue the other.

Personally idk... I mean, the later was the one who initiated the gratuitous attack. In such circunstances, I do believe the best defense is a good offense. You need to inflict some terror on the other party so they at least think twice before sending a next one.

Now being like a chavelier, receiving the coward attacks and giving weak answers is like inviting even weaker players to join the fray.

I do believe people must be friendly to each other. But I do believe using available force for protection a valid move. There is a wide room for using force before becoming pure violence, what obviously I dont endorse
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 17:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Let those idiots pander to botted likes and comments.
Money talks, let them realize sales are what matters and they can either adapt to their customers or keep pushing the slop and go out of business pandering to people non-customers.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 17:01:28
Link | Citer | R

In the end, internet discussions isnt about who is "right" or "wrong", but who has more followers and who has less.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-31 17:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
pandering to people non-customers.

This is the part that gets me the most. Most of the people who want what we're getting in games these days either don't or can not buy games. It's such a weird segment to be catering to.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-31 17:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
I think people are expecting Capcom resident evil 2 level of remake
Perhaps you meant the same level of production value. But even with RE2R's high prodcution value, to some fans, RE2R wasn't beyond reproach neither (I loved it, especially on Hardcore). It wasn't completely faithful to the original, and they didn't even plan to have 2 scenarios per character, and only added them very late in development after the news was met with negative reception, which resulted in the scenarios being not that different in routing nor story (in contrast with the OG)

SH2R's gameplay seems to have gone the RE4 (or perhaps RE2R) gameplay route, which is kinda expected. Gone are the fixed camera survival horror days. The RE4 gameplay is more engaging, especially for boss fights.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-31 17:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Been tinkering with AI a lot lately, it's kinda cool to see these things work.

I got it now that it fixes the face but it still has issues with fingers. I use inpaint to try to correct but I'm still a noob. I've been watching guides online on how people are fixing hands feet etc.

Im having a blast
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-31 18:14:41
Link | Citer | R

https://youtu.be/ANz-phnKwVg?si=pbB2dp2ooF2hyCtz
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-31 18:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
pandering to people non-customers.

This is the part that gets me the most. Most of the people who want what we're getting in games these days either don't or can not buy games. It's such a weird segment to be catering to.
I dont want to go all tinfoil hat and use the nono buzzwords, but it makes no sense whatsoever. Theres has to be something going on behind the scenes financially. Theres no way these companies are spending $100 million ++ on the entire development process for a return of 250k sales and believing everything is fine.

I'm not a mathematician, but I know enough math that I can calculate 250,000 units x $70 per unit = $17,500,000, and that very falsely presumes every penny from the sale goes back to the publisher.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22606 22607 22608 ... 22707 22708 22709