Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22531 22532 22533 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 00:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Meh, AI dont compete with physical labor. Robots are the competitors for these, and unfortunelly human has the advantage in that field because they are cheaper, and with major unemployeement from jobs being taken by AI, the price for physical labor will drop even further.

Humankind is rushing toward a new age of slavery.

Not gonna happen in my generation, possibly neither in the next one or two, but at this pace, soon
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-03 10:11:48
Link | Citer | R

To be honest though, I'd rather automation take the heavy labour jobs and leave artistic endeavours to actual people who enjoy them. The downside to even this, however, is that you know none of the cost-savings would be reflected on the price for the product or service, nor to the salaries of the front-line staff.

That said, "AI" is still hilarious. And I'd be willing to put money down that the costs associated with maintenance and production errors are going to compound on the cost of the "AI" workers and probably never see net profit.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-03 10:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Takes money to make money.

Start up, lose money, government subsidized loses, zero taxes for 20 years. Just like every other new thing.
By K123 2024-02-03 11:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
they wouldn't be able to tell if a rat crapped on the food or something
Just equip them with lasers to kill rats using computer vision to identify them
By Afania 2024-02-03 11:07:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
And I'd be willing to put money down that the costs associated with maintenance and production errors are going to compound on the cost of the "AI" workers and probably never see net profit.

Research says otherwise:

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/how-generative-ai-can-boost-highly-skilled-workers-productivity

Quote:
when artificial intelligence is used within the boundary of its capabilities, it can improve a worker’s performance by as much as 40% compared with workers who don’t use it.

But when AI is used outside that boundary to complete a task, worker performance drops by an average of 19 percentage points.

In other words, if your company already has employees with a specific knowledge, AI error doesn't matter. But if a company has no employee owning that skill, that is when the error will affect the employee performance.

That being said, I am curious at employee's productivity using google v.s AI for some positions. I still use google for 90% of the daily work, and I often feel totally useless without google. I only use ChatGPT or generative AI in 3% of my daily work max.

I guess I am probably not competent enough at using generative AI, or google is already very good for many things lol.
By K123 2024-02-03 13:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Doing anything with Google compared to ChatGPT is horrendous for me, you are comparing paid promotion in search results to hallucinations basically, and the hallucinations are less of a problem for me than pay to be at the top of Google searches.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 14:11:48
Link | Citer | R

AI offerings are maturing at light speed compared with how long it took till google became the de facto search engine. It wasnt 2 years since we heard about chatGPT, and nowaday you cant talk about future without considering integrating some sort of AI into business.

Even for the enduser, its only a matter of time till a new culture is created, that will instinctively search something with AI instead of searching it directly in a searching engine.

AI is a natural evolution to our current age. We briefly had the so called information age, where having information equates power. Nowadays information is abundant. Everyone have it, but very few can make sense of it. So, we are in the age of knowledge: where the power belongs to people who have information and can make knowledge out of it.

AI is there to close the bridge between people and knowledge: now, they can leverage technology to process information and spit what is the real value to users to make decisions, take actions, generate even more value
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 14:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
And the last horse crosses the finish line!

5/5 Malignance!

Maybe now you can fight my first 10% of my first form.

Congrats, youve come a long way
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 14:33:14
Link | Citer | R

/ws “dogstruction” Vyre

Game over
By Afania 2024-02-03 14:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
AI offerings are maturing at light speed compared

It wasnt 2 years since we heard about chatGPT

Not really, imo. AI technology existed farrrr before ChatGPT become popular. It has always hindered by hardware processing power.

I think deep learning techology started way back in 1965? And related theory existed 20 years earlier than that. But first breakthrough happened in 1997, when IBM deep blue beat human world champion in chess.

Another breakthrough happened in 2016, when AlphaGo beat human champion in Go(this game requires more processing power than chess)

Generative AI popped in around 2018 but people have been working on ImageNet(visual database) for it since 2006.

tl;dr: AI technology didn't magically pop out of nowhere. It took decades of techology advancement until we see chatGPT today. It is not nearly as easy as people said. Each breakthrough can take decades of work until it happens.

Since this is new techology, of course people will be excited to explore the potential. But how useful it is still entirely depends on the nature of the job. People have been using algorithms in business for decades, chatGPT is just another option for such jobs.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-03 15:06:36
Link | Citer | R

/ws “dogstruction” Vyre

Game over
The Vyre was too far away.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-03 15:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
metal flakes in the damn food and they wouldn't be able to tell if a rat crapped on the food or something
I will have you know that there are federal standards for the amount of metal shavings and rat crap that are allowed in your food.

It is significantly greater than zero.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 15:30:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
/ws “dogstruction” Vyre

Game over
The Vyre was too far away.

Vyre is drawn in!

The Pantafernando readies Dogstruction.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 17:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Im finiishing reading my current manga series tonight, and i would like to try something riskier next.

I have a couple of series that are complete but with translation unfinished.

So i wonder if our current technology already created some sort of scanning to capture image in japanese to translate to english.

If i can find something like that, i could try picking up some scanlating that was dropped many years ago, and conclude those series i never got to see the end
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-02-03 19:12:33
Link | Citer | R

So i wonder if our current technology already created some sort of scanning to capture image in japanese to translate to english.
I would be shocked if there weren't such a program already. But look for fan translations first?
By Pantafernando 2024-02-03 19:34:52
Link | Citer | R

There is no new fan trnslation for near 10 years already.

Those mangas from animes i watched in my childhood.

At that time, tv used to buy whatever VHS without any prior knowledge so most of it wasnt mainstream.

Still, they were like the beginning for me so i feel the need of closing those chpaters on my own if needed.

I actually tested an OCR to get the selectable japanese text, but it was terribad.

Tomorrow gonna look more on this
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-02-03 20:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Been using the Google Translate app to do that for years
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2024-02-03 22:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
And the last horse crosses the finish line!

5/5 Malignance!

Take heed - don't bother trying to farm Odin on VE / E, I'm at 500+ attempts and have received no item drop whatsoever when I'm solo with Trusts.

I have a Gere Ring, Zantetsuken, helmet and chest from group VD drops but I never managed to get a Freke Ring for my BLM. Odin just absolutely does not drop anything unless you are on a higher difficulty. Don't waste your time / merits like I have.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-02-03 23:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Vargasfinio said: »
no item drop whatsoever when I'm solo with Trusts
Ragnarok.Vargasfinio said: »
I have a Gere Ring, Zantetsuken, helmet and chest from group VD drops
You cant say stuff doesnt drop on VE/E when you literally have half the loot pool already, including the two more common pieces (Helm/Body, anecdotal statement based on my own experience of capping out on helm/body before I've seen 2 of any other item)

Just to make sure theres no confusion on what you said: "I'm solo with trusts" implies you + 5 trusts, not you + your blm + 4 trusts.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-04 00:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Next on the docket is Alexander so I can get weird feelings when I defeat myself.

Actually, for Sacro Breastplate, hopefully.

I've been throwing in a VE Shinryu here and there when I'm tired of the same old, same old. Only gotten the ring from that, so far.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-04 00:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Been using the Google Translate app to do that for years

Are you using some sort of OCR to capture the characters?

Doing the japanese typing by eye would take me a very long time before I get used to it.

I actually tried to type one simple phrase with 6 letters, and it took me no loss than 1 minute to find each one in the keyboard
By Pantafernando 2024-02-04 03:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Ow, Google Lens is quite potent.

I just wish it wsa more quick to change images, but I can start with that
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2024-02-04 08:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Just to make sure theres no confusion on what you said: "I'm solo with trusts" implies you + 5 trusts, not you + your blm + 4 trusts.

Correct - when I'm doing the VE / E runs I am solo on MNK/WAR with 5 Trusts and TH 4 gear.

All of the previous drops were obtained from 6 player group runs on VD. I have not seen a Freke Ring, Geirrothr or Zantetsuken X drop (the only three drops I have a chance to obtain) in over 500+ runs when I'm doing the VE / E runs by myself with Trusts.

Lilith's drop rate on VE is way higher than Odin. I came in at around 170ish runs for full Malignance plus earring / sword doing VE only with her.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-04 12:51:51
Link | Citer | R

Helldivers in a few days, gonna be some fun ***
By Pantafernando 2024-02-04 18:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Oboi, its gonna be hard writing about Trail of Blood manga
By Pantafernando 2024-02-04 18:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Im also restarting Sakura Tsuushin again.

Thats the first serie i will try to google-translate the missing 5 volumes.

I already know this serie is no good. But it was one of the very first non shonen i had.

Its my duty to see this to the end.

My childhood duty
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-05 11:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Nice (Wow, significant upgrade from the first!)

Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey 2
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-02-05 11:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Been playing this game it has been a Blast

there is nms and stuff too

By Pantafernando 2024-02-05 11:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Like you play only with trusts?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-02-05 13:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I really hate how good Palworld is

Like I can tell you a 100 things I don't like about it but then I can tell your 1000 things that I do.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22531 22532 22533 ... 22706 22707 22708