Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22361 22362 22363 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 10:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Human beings do things for two reasons, fame and money.

Just money. Fame is money. Fame gets you money and money makes you famous. They're interchangeable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 11:07:21
Link | Citer | R

This whole "if this thing was an 80s movie" genre of youtube videos is straight up fascinating.

FF7 If Tifa and a dolphin weren't obvious
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-02-03 11:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Awww, I was late to the snow brush question, but was picturing 2 of them tied together and strung through sleeves like mittens for kids so you don't lose or forget them.

Aaaaaand, if adventure finds you, brush-chuks.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-03 11:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Just money. Fame is money. Fame gets you money and money makes you famous. They're interchangeable.

Everyone has selfish reasons for what they do but it's not as simplistic as money.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-03 11:33:22
Link | Citer | R

This whole "if this thing was an 80s movie" genre of youtube videos is straight up fascinating.

FF7 If Tifa and a dolphin weren't obvious

These videos turned me against AI artwork. They are quickly made, and very often have awful flaws in them.

It's like looking at some demon trying to take human form, and you can see it has 10 rows of teeth or mutated arms. It's like watching the monster from the thing try to replicate someone and it's 95% done.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 11:36:37
Link | Citer | R

They're just trying to improve a shitty design by adding more stuff is all

Of course too, everything starts somewhere. It can't improve itself without some trials.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-03 12:59:57
Link | Citer | R

You have one snowbrush for your car. Where do you keep it.

If you keep it in the car, you have to brush the snow off the door or trunk with your hand to get into the car to get the brush. If you keep it in the house, when you leave if it snows you have no brush in your car.
One brush under the seat. Old broom by the porch.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-03 13:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Other reasons as well. The challenge, to prove something, stupidity. Those are the first to come to mind. There are others.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-02-03 13:06:40
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The challenge, to prove something, stupidity.

HOLD MY BEER.
[+]
By Afania 2023-02-03 15:03:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 15:49:54
Link | Citer | R

lololololol Apparently I've corrupted "Enlightened" Ejin

He's finally figured it out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-03 15:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Gonna need a bit more than that ma dawg.

Did he finally admit to using 3rd pt tools?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 15:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Square is just in it for the money. They let the bots bot because it's consequence free subs. Apathy is too high for anyone to respond by quitting.

I'm so proud (seriously!) when people finally understand.

Oh ***and he's figured out trusts and multiboxing too! My boy understands basic economics *tear*
(trusts are ***not because other random players, because multiboxers pay $100 a month for "good" trusts)
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-03 16:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Square is just in it for the money.

Square have employees wages to pay, investors demand a RoV. If not for the money they make they would not even exist in the first place. If not for the money the artists, musicians and programmers make from doing this they would be growing crops instead.

The moment this game is not making a profit it will be closed, because Square don't care. If that means they have to make money from whatever you say, then so be it.

Keep in mind this is a sub only mmorpg, this is not a game with a massive cash shop selling mounts and slippers. Ff14 could drop the sub tomorrow if they wanted to and still make massive profits from the cash shop, 11 does not that that luxury.

Quote:
They let the bots bot because it's consequence free subs.

First of all it's near impossible to stop "bots" because it's very low tech stuff, you can make bots that work from nothing more than pixels on the screen if needbe. It's really really hard to stop this stuff, also if you start questioning players to see if they are bots you make it a hostile world to play in and get lots of false positives.

They and every company let a certain amount of bots (rmt) function because A) it would cause a massive DDOS campaign against them where none of us could login if they tried zero tol(they did in the past during chocoblinkers) and it was chaos B) it's the least worst option* C) their job is making a game, not being a police in the world of that video game. At a point you can spend more resources policing the thing than making it.

If you remove all supply of GIL from botting, when the demand is still there the prices will rise. The sellers don't just stop wanting to make money, they will use other methods to get that GIL. That will be things like hacking accounts, infected addons, theft from friends you let login to your account last year that can now buy a car from the gil on your account etc

High GIL prices = dead game, especially if it has a 3rd party community.

Banning all bots would be far worse for players, because the other methods to get gil to sell are far more destructive and they would be used.

The lesson Square learned from FF11 was to basically have no economy, which is what they did on FF14. Personally I prefer having one to not, even if it has issues with RMT and botting.

Quote:
Apathy is too high for anyone to respond by quitting.

It's not apathy, nobody cares about the bots that much. It doesn't matter because it doesn't make a worse game experience in most cases, if every bot disappeared tomorrow your game-play would not be better. You could make the argument it would be worse, cause the AH would be emtpy of stuff like alex and dyna currency as well as far higher prices for what was there. To most who do care, it's mostly a visual or ideological annoyance.

People will always complain, if they are complaining about bots it's because the hacks and cheats are controlled to a degree where the needle is pushed to the next annoying thing.

Also the people who complain about bots usually have an ulterior motive for doing so.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-03 17:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Aaaaaand, if adventure finds you, brush-chuks.

[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-03 20:01:40
Link | Citer | R

10 degrees here and windy... 2 cold
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-03 21:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
We just came out of a few days of -40 degrees. Today it's only -18C (0F), but because there's such a strong wind preceding the huge shift in temperature, it actually felt more miserable than when it was -40 >_>
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-03 21:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
We just came out of a few days of -40 degrees. Today it's only -18C (0F), but because there's such a strong wind preceding the huge shift in temperature, it actually felt more miserable than when it was -40 >_>

We're ambient -18C today with wind chill bringing it down to -30C. I had to be outside taking fuel samples for 20-30 minutes earlier today and it was not fun at all, heh.
By Draylo 2023-02-03 21:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Jeeze, that is insanely cold lol. Here, being right by the water doesn't help, those winds are like 40 MPH apparently. One of my windows already burst open, had to lock it and the whole bldg shakes when it gets super windy.

We just had a thing in my area where a bunch of people that immigrated here refused to leave a hotel to go to a shelter and they camped outside the hotel, I guess they don't regret heading to the shelter now lol.

Also some RE4 footage, looking good so far. I think I'll like this better than the original. The original was way too actioney and like barely any horror. I think people look at it thru nostalgia goggles too much, it doesnt even have great replayability like the original games. I did try it on VR with the rift 2 and it was honestly kinda neat, but it gave me a headache. As I was attacking the villagers with a knife it felt really weird in VR.

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-03 22:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Our NE is going through temperatures and wind chills that they have never before seen.

Would be extreme even for you but not that unusual.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-03 22:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Well and that's the thing too. What's the typical weather in these places? It's cold as the surface of Mars over here, but that's common so we're prepared for it: Our homes have tons of insulation and plenty of heat, our vehicles have winter tires and block heaters, etc.

The actual temperature doesn't matter. What matters is how extreme it is from the norm in one's climate. If your infrastructure can't handle it, you're out of luck plain and simple.
By Thunderjet 2023-02-03 23:51:22
Link | Citer | R

I just realized i played all from software games before demon souls popularity lol. Ever grace. Forever kingdom, Enchanted arms LOL
By Pantafernando 2023-02-04 01:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I just picked a random manga.

Two volumes, short enough. Title: My wife is his bride

What….

First few pages: the girl couldnt choose between two best friends so…. She married both!

Yeah, right, lets see where this ***goes….

Yeah… false alarm.

In the end, the sharing wife stuff wasnt more than a decoy.

It just became an average drama, with three people involved and a secret to be protected.

No MFM action.

Cant not to say it wasnt a bit disapointing
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-04 09:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Well and that's the thing too. What's the typical weather in these places? It's cold as the surface of Mars over here, but that's common so we're prepared for it: Our homes have tons of insulation and plenty of heat, our vehicles have winter tires and block heaters, etc.

The actual temperature doesn't matter. What matters is how extreme it is from the norm in one's climate. If your infrastructure can't handle it, you're out of luck plain and simple.
NYC and its suburbs 5F + windchill is about as bad as it gets. Mane often gets under 0F.

With wind chill a lot of the NE will be -40 (F & C cross here) or worse.
By Viciouss 2023-02-04 09:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Power came back this morning sometime after midnight. Over 60 hours later. The city is out for blood today. Third consecutive year we have had a "once in a lifetime" winter storm, and they aren't getting any better at handling it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-04 10:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
With wind chill a lot of the NE will be -40 (F & C cross here) or worse.
Yeah that's really bad. Even our furnace was on about 95% of the time this week. And that was with us being ready for it lol
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-02-04 11:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Power came back this morning sometime after midnight. Over 60 hours later. The city is out for blood today. Third consecutive year we have had a "once in a lifetime" winter storm, and they aren't getting any better at handling it.

The solution here is pretty obvious:

1. Raise taxes in an effort to fund better infrastructure.
2. Don't fix anything.
3. Rinse and repeat.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-04 11:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

2. Don't fix anything.
3. Rinse and repeat.

Blame Green Energy. Those damn windmills keep blowing in the cold air!
Demand more demand so the plants produce more.
Say mexicans are bringing the snow. (Blame the Chinese spy balloon)
Say "global warming!?" What warming, seems cold doesn't it!?
Threaten to nuke the sun for not protecting us from the snow?

You're missing vital steps.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-04 13:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

2. Don't fix anything.
3. Rinse and repeat.
4. Cut taxes for the billionaires and mega corporations, then they will save us!
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-02-04 13:46:15
Link | Citer | R

You're missing vital steps.

Any other steps vary by location and are just partisan spin and noise. The steps I listed are universal.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22361 22362 22363 ... 22566 22567 22568