Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22238 22239 22240 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 14:12:35
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

EDIT: The perfect kind of post to page on. A response to something else with no further context.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-24 14:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
2021 Fett's Vette
THE ORIGINAL! Yet another thing Star Wars Galaxies players were the best at!

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 15:19:53
Link | Citer | R

(to be clear, I picked the one I did not because it's good, but because the thumbnail would set context for the "not gonna watch that" people)
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-06-24 15:25:40
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why, but that fett video reminded me of this gem from long ago... :D

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-24 17:24:38
Link | Citer | R

*DISCLAIMER* I love Canada

BUT. GTFO CANADA.
https://www.foodandwine.com/news/ketchup-popsicle-frenchs-canada
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 17:32:12
Link | Citer | R

What? Tomatoes are fruit, and ketchup is basically just concentrated sugar.

(No, but you're right it's pretty weird. Still, I'd probably try it once out of sheer curiosity...)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 17:38:04
Link | Citer | R

That's like the epitome of the int vs wisdom topic lol.

Knowing it's a fruit and literally 50% (or more!) sugar, makes it SOUND like a perfect Popsicle.

But absolutely not lol

(I would taste a BBQ sauce popsicle.... not ketchup)((sweet baby rays))
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-24 17:44:38
Link | Citer | R

((sweet baby rays))
*** yes. DO IT! Start an internet thing!
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-24 17:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I don't know why, but that fett video reminded me of this gem from long ago... :D

Nice work and a better villain than Fandaniel.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 17:51:22
Link | Citer | R

That's like the epitome of the int vs wisdom topic lol.

Knowing it's a fruit and literally 50% (or more!) sugar, makes it SOUND like a perfect Popsicle.

But absolutely not lol
I'm willing to try anything once. Honestly you'd be surprised. No one releases these kinds of things into the wild without at least one person saying "Y'know what, that's not bad"

The USA still doesn't accept ketchup-flavoured chips, even though most of that population eats their Freedom Fries with the same tomato syrup. I still have a hard time with that one.

Huge issue in Canada a few years ago when Heinz declared they were going to stop using Canadian tomatoes for their ketchup supply, but then French's came out and was like "That's OK, we'll keep using them" and suddenly every Canadian was like "YEAH PATRIOTISM" and switched brands. I rarely use ketchup nowadays anyway so it didn't affect me lol
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 17:52:55
Link | Citer | R

(I would taste a BBQ sauce popsicle.... not ketchup)((sweet baby rays))
Sweeeeeeeeeeet Baby Rays
(Ba-ba-ba)
Good times never seemed so good
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 17:58:07
Link | Citer | R

I all but completely cut all sauces (and most stuff, depressing) out of my life when I finally started to care just how much sugar is in (literally everything)

You realize how much better it is when it's a sometimes thing and not an all the time thing.

Also! If a thing tastes good, it doesn't need ***on it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 18:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Dissolving reproductive rights is a deliberate attempt to breed the poor for work
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 20:09:11
Link | Citer | R

I all but completely cut all sauces (and most stuff, depressing) out of my life when I finally started to care just how much sugar is in (literally everything)

You realize how much better it is when it's a sometimes thing and not an all the time thing.

Also! If a thing tastes good, it doesn't need ***on it.
I've focussed a lot on removing sugar from my life as well, cutting out things like ketchup, soda pop, and the sugar in my coffee and tea. Now I make a lot of stuff myself and try to control the sugar that goes into it, so I can still eat the stuff I like without overdoing it.

I tried reducing carbs at one point, but it completely backfired. Carbs are what fill me up, so I ended up eating twice as many calories to stem the feelings of hunger.

Like all things in life, it's all about balance. Have some sugar, have some fat, have some carbs, have some salt. But keep a mental tally of what you've had or are going to have that day and go for something different at other meals. For example, if you know you're going to have pasta for supper, maybe for lunch make one big sandwich instead of two smaller ones to reduce the bread/carbs.
By Rips 2022-06-24 20:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Are you all coffee drinkers? I've tried cutting out caffeine and I'm having a hell of a time with hellish headaches.
By Jetackuu 2022-06-24 20:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
Are you all coffee drinkers? I've tried cutting out caffeine and I'm having a hell of a time with hellish headaches.

No, but I drink a good bit of caffeine, you probably should wean yourself instead of going cold turkey, you'll literally get withdraws.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-06-24 21:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Typically ends after day 3 or day 4 if you can stick with it.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 21:54:30
Link | Citer | R

I like the taste of coffee too much to give it up. I don't even drink it for the caffeiene. Half of the time I drink decaf so I can drink a bit more without my heart feeling like it's going to explode.

It kinda sucks that heat amplifies flavor. In the summer time I don't want to drink hot drinks like coffee and tea, but the only way to make cold drinks taste good is to add heaps of sugar into them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-25 06:03:59
Link | Citer | R

This hits some kinda way.

Quote:
I'm 34 years old and I've seen headline after headline all my life and I've never seen the people of this country do anything about it.

I and my fellow Americans near my age group have been walked over and taken advantage of without consequence all our lives. Every time I read a life changing headline I think to myself that people will finally do something but never do. I know you guys are all angry but I know you won't do anything meaningful because you never do.

Quote:
Capitalism is designed to make you too tired to fight for a better life.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-06-25 08:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I like the taste of coffee too much to give it up. I don't even drink it for the caffeiene. Half of the time I drink decaf so I can drink a bit more without my heart feeling like it's going to explode.

It kinda sucks that heat amplifies flavor. In the summer time I don't want to drink hot drinks like coffee and tea, but the only way to make cold drinks taste good is to add heaps of sugar into them.

I just ordered this the other day I'll let you know how it is when it arrives https://mudwtr.com/
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-25 09:16:52
Link | Citer | R

I managed to beat a caffeine (pepsi) addiction by drinking gallons of real apple cider during a 4 day event. I think the fructose blunted the headaches and it had enough fiber to slow the fructose absorption down.

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Typically ends after day 3 or day 4 if you can stick with it.
True strike.

I do drink coffee and tea.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-25 11:19:09
Link | Citer | R

This hits some kinda way.

Quote:
I'm 34 years old and I've seen headline after headline all my life and I've never seen the people of this country do anything about it.

I and my fellow Americans near my age group have been walked over and taken advantage of without consequence all our lives. Every time I read a life changing headline I think to myself that people will finally do something but never do. I know you guys are all angry but I know you won't do anything meaningful because you never do.

Quote:
Capitalism is designed to make you too tired to fight for a better life.

If a person is 34, they're long past getting to say "I think to myself that people will finally do something but never do. I know you guys...won't do anything meaningful."

No one we remember for bringing about real meaningful change was ready for it, and they sure didn't wait around for others do to it for them in their 30s.

-By age 29, MLK,jr had published his first book, "Strive Toward Freedom", and met with the president.
-By that age 34 mentioned above, Susan B. Anthony was already speaking on Suffrage and had been attending anti-slavery rallies and conventions for 5 years.
-By age 27, Che Guevara was running military actions as part of the Cuban Communist Revolution. Not participating- running.
-Before he was 26, Malcom X was a known leader in the Detroit Muslim community, and before he was 32 the FBI considered him a "key figure in the movement".

I'm so tired of seeing 30something complain like they have zero power. Wake up- y'all have all the influence right now, and everyone is pandering to the extremes you helped create in this world. Use that power for something rather than just 1 star reviews an bitching, because that's all I'm seeing right now.

Not going to say Gen X was some paramount of accomplishment in our 20s and 30s, but jesus. We at least had the decency to not scream at the rest of the world for doing nothing while we also did jack ***. We just did jack ***and knew it was our fault.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-25 11:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Not going to say Gen X was some paramount of accomplishment in our 20s and 30s, but jesus. We at least had the decency to not scream at the rest of the world for doing nothing while we also did jack ***. We just did jack ***and knew it was our fault.
SUCH GEN X-NESS! :100:!!!

Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Edit: I think it's hilarious that we have VERY few Gen Xers as politicians. It's like, Boomers and Millenials lined up for it, but we're like, "nah"
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-25 11:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
SUCH GEN X-NESS! :100:!!!

Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Edit: I think it's hilarious that we have VERY few Gen Xers as politicians. It's like, Boomers and Millenials lined up for it, but we're like, "nah"

I think when historians talk about Gen X decades from now, they will be viewed as a lost generation. The concept of "meh" is 100% ours even though we didn't have that word for it, and even into our 40s we're still living with that core value of "whatever.

To Build off this, I view the generations of my parents, myself, and my children as all having the same formative moment in their childhoods, all with different results and resons-

Our Parents had Apollo 11.
We Had Challenger.
Our Kids gets Billionaires running to space.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-25 16:46:42
Link | Citer | R

1952. I was 7 - 8 wearing an "I like Ike" button and ringing doorbells for him. Mom was a Stevenson democrat, Grandfather a Rockefeller republican BTW.

1959, I was 15, a HS graduate, marching in ban the bomb marches and went on a freedom ride. (That was scary BTW.)

1963 - 1975. We, boomers and WWII babies, stopped a fricking WAR! I was barely 32 when it ended.

1968, I was involved with a hopeless but fun 3rd party presidential run.

We went out in person. Bodies in the streets shouting slogans and waving signs. Then again we had no interwebs to bloviate on.

It was fun.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-25 17:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Protests have been happening. I think they're being planned as we speak regarding the recent goings-on. Most of them are pretty unsuccessful, though.

Besides, as Eiryl pointed out above, the people who need change the most (and therefore would be protesting) are the ones driven to work themselves to exhaustion and be unable to act. When you're working two/three/four jobs just to make ends meet and then still have to go home and cook and clean, you simply don't have the time nor energy to protest. A lot of times they don't even have time to vote in an election.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-25 17:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Besides, as Eiryl pointed out above, the people who need change the most (and therefore would be protesting) are the ones driven to work themselves to exhaustion and be unable to act. When you're working two/three/four jobs just to make ends meet and then still have to go home and cook and clean, you simply don't have the time nor energy to protest. A lot of times they don't even have time to vote in an election.

Weak words in my book. Those under the age of 50 have never been in a world where they are forced into real choice- they've gotten everything they've wanted, even when they didn't. Sometimes, if an issue is truly important enough to fight for, that means real sacrifice- of home, of family, of friends, of finances. You can't have fun at a 4 hour protest and then go home to the lifestyle created by the world you're protesting.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-25 17:22:55
Link | Citer | R

It's kind of the meat of the problem isn't it.

You literally cannot make a difference. If you take a day off, or you go protest, you could literally be killed by police. Or lose your job. Your house. Your health coverage. Your vehicle. You could lose absolutely everything.

But is this life worth living in the first place, like this.

You've been conditioned to accept your chains. You think you're free because you can't see the bars. You are always allowed to make a choice. But we all know you're choosing to starve to death if you make it. That really doesn't make it much of a choice, does it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-25 17:26:18
Link | Citer | R

It's kind of the meat of the problem isn't it.

You literally cannot make a difference. If you take a day off, or you go protest, you could literally be killed by police. Or lose your job. Your house. Your health coverage. Your vehicle. You could lose absolutely everything.

But is this life worth living in the first place, like this.

You've been conditioned to accept your chains. You think you're free because you can't see the bars.

The chains are thinking you need that McMansion, that job, that car, and a perfect social media picture of your life. Stop caring about that and the unimportant things, and really giving up lifestyle for the important stuff becomes a lot easier. Its the improper value of comfort that is the problem.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-25 17:32:18
Link | Citer | R

I'll drop it here, not just because it's getting political, but because I'm not even part of that country so I'm honestly only speaking secondhand at best anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 22238 22239 22240 ... 22553 22554 22555