Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22217 22218 22219 ... 22566 22567 22568
By Josiahafk 2022-05-14 02:07:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
iunno, i'd say the 125-150 billion in lost tesla value was a pretty big fail.
You could probably google “Tesla stock loses 100 billion” and come up with multiple instances in the last 5 years due to tweets and crazy fluctuations.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-14 02:19:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying that Elon made or did not make the best business decision here (time will tell), but people fail to realize that people with vast quantities of money can make bad decisions in some parts of their portfolio and still come out well ahead in others.

You'll always hear things like, "He's a terrible businessman because he had companies file bankruptcy!" or, "You can't trust his judgment because he invested in [insert bad investment here]!" But when you think about it, it would be extremely weird and nearly impossible for someone who throws money at a lot of projects to come out ahead in every single one. It's just like with a stock portfolio. Some of the stocks will tank, but as long as you end up ahead then who frickin' cares?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-05-14 03:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm not saying that Elon made or did not make the best business decision here (time will tell), but people fail to realize that people with vast quantities of money can make bad decisions in some parts of their portfolio and still come out well ahead in others.

You'll always hear things like, "He's a terrible businessman because he had companies file bankruptcy!" or, "You can't trust his judgment because he invested in [insert bad investment here]!" But when you think about it, it would be extremely weird and nearly impossible for someone who throws money at a lot of projects to come out ahead in every single one. It's just like with a stock portfolio. Some of the stocks will tank, but as long as you end up ahead then who frickin' cares?

i just find him a bit annoying and the people who fanboi him extremely odd. i don't think that level of wealth, or the concentration of information owning twitter would give him is a good thing. the amount of data twitter pulls from users is actually insane, but thankfully the evil of the all mighty dollar has it subdued for ad purposes atm. putting that information and ability to target/influence conversation on that scale in the hands of musk is kinda terrifying to me. in bush vs gore terms, i do NOT want to have a beer with elon.

seeing him blunder or stick his foot in his mouth and the reaction of his fanbois gives me schadenfreude. surely, that makes sense?
By Musashi232 2022-05-14 04:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Today my first sunwell Raid in Classic BC, its the only raid iv never done i can not wait to kill Kiljaeden

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-14 09:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Here is a hint that can make the life easier:

Instead of trying to make things clean, try to make things not dirty.

I apply that motto to my room, that is only mainteined by me.

It is never shinning, clean.

But also, most of time it is not disgusting to life in it.

And every 2 or 3 months I make an effort to discard junk, that improve the aspect of cleaning while also reducing the surface to colect dust.
I like that hint but that's also sort of how I live my life normally anyway. I'm quick to deal with things that bother me that are in my control to fix. So if something's dirty, I tend to spot clean right away or put things away.

And unfortunately, I always look at times where company is coming over as an opportunity to perform thorough maintenance of the house "for myself" as an excuse as well. Like "I have to live here, so making it super clean is also kinda for me!" lol
By llAKs0nll 2022-05-14 13:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

i just find him a bit annoying and the people who fanboi him extremely odd. i don't think that level of wealth, or the concentration of information owning twitter would give him is a good thing. the amount of data twitter pulls from users is actually insane, but thankfully the evil of the all mighty dollar has it subdued for ad purposes atm. putting that information and ability to target/influence conversation on that scale in the hands of musk is kinda terrifying to me. in bush vs gore terms, i do NOT want to have a beer with elon.

seeing him blunder or stick his foot in his mouth and the reaction of his fanbois gives me schadenfreude. surely, that makes sense?

Musk is supported by the notion he actually believes in Freedom of Speech. You know that which we all used to Agree upon having as Americans but was being deliberately Edited and comments that were not Left leaning were Silenced as the Media continued to endlessly paint a False Narrative?

I don’t seriously think Elon Musk nor Freedom is as Scary as you suggest such as being…….. We ain’t China …..yet
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-05-14 13:23:15
Link | Citer | R

oh, yay, political drivel in RT again...

Been up for 5 hours and haven't done ***. Perfect Saturday so far.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-05-14 13:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Saturday is my arabic food day.

4 cheese sfihas and 2 kaftas.

I do that for so long, I could be tired of same stuff for so many years but i still enjoy it.

Actually, I think I will grab them right now to eat while watching a soccer play.

Thats the best week day.
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 14:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
oh, yay, political drivel in RT again...

Been up for 5 hours and haven't done ***. Perfect Saturday so far.

He is an idiot just ignore him.
By Draylo 2022-05-14 14:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what he said that makes him an idiot but he didnt start that discussion.
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 14:14:51
Link | Citer | R

So what? It doesn't matter if he didn't start it, he inserted politics into it. I laughed at the random capital letters, as if it somehow adds to his bogus claims. Stop posting politics in RT, it's not hard.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-14 15:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Now I belong to the Elite-5.

One of the posters who achieved 5 digits count of post.

Rooks could create a special badge for people who get to that mark.

Bonus point for me as I barely visited the P&R section.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-14 15:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
So what? It doesn't matter if he didn't start it, he inserted politics into it. I laughed at the random capital letters, as if it somehow adds to his bogus claims. Stop posting politics in RT, it's not hard.

While I agree to some extent, anything to do with Musk and Twitter has inherent political undertones to it. Battle lines have been drawn based on party lines and people have taken sides accordingly. It's probably best to just avoid the topic altogether because it will always come back to politics eventually.
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 16:15:07
Link | Citer | R

While I agree to some extent, anything to do with Musk and Twitter has inherent political undertones to it. Battle lines have been drawn based on party lines and people have taken sides accordingly. It's probably best to just avoid the topic altogether because it will always come back to politics eventually.

No one else had a hard time refraining from taking shots at the "other side." So what's his excuse?
By llAKs0nll 2022-05-14 17:14:14
Link | Citer | R

You could just Ban Speech if that makes you happy & maybe Elon Musk will buy FFXIAH next? Maybe. Maybe not.

Silencing of Political opponents is extremely Putin Esque which is why everyone supports Elon Musk buying Twitter. Not that complicated to understand such. That’s all I was saying which is not Make Believe.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-14 18:05:28
Link | Citer | R

In other lols, texas totally blacked out eh, can't wait for my previous post to be true

As soon as you see Abbott say the windmills caused the heat, even if it's an obvious joke, post that ***lol
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 18:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, akson is an idiot, just ignore him.
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 18:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In other lols, texas totally blacked out eh, can't wait for my previous post to be true

As soon as you see Abbott say the windmills caused the heat, even if it's an obvious joke, post that ***lol

Yeah we have been running our A/C and washing clothes all day, cuz *** ERCOT and Abbott. Being on its own electrical grid costs Texas billions of dollars every month. They could literally sell electricity to the rest of the country for huge profits if they plugged in to the national grid. They refuse to because Texas.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-05-14 18:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Can we please drop the P&R before it gets out of hand?

There is a reason why that sub section was closed down on these forums. If you want to discuss it, please use a different platform. Thank you.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-14 18:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Won't be as funny when you get that $10000 peak usage bill and have to fight lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-14 18:25:38
Link | Citer | R

By Viciouss 2022-05-14 18:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Won't be as funny when you get that $10000 peak usage bill and have to fight lol

Oh, Austin has ordinances that prevent that kind of nonsense. This isn't Abbott country. There is a reason this city is exploding.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-14 18:42:41
Link | Citer | R

I just saw a video explaining why FF13 and FF15 kinda of failed.

Not in terms of selling but in terms of how both those games werent unanimity like all games before.

This videos was detailed to explain the context of both games production. The crystallis saga that was supposed to be a trilogy of games to be released in different platforms and produced at same time: FF13, FF13 agito, that became FF Type Zero and FF versus 13, that later on became FF15.

Kinda boils down to how SE executives tries to control creative process and disrupt the production flow. Kinda what happened with FF12, with changes of directors during the production.

The conclusion is that SE executives seems like those past centuries bosses that have an inflexible business PoV, and always believes that they know more about the game than its directors. Or that they have even a clue what a bunch of of teenages likes to create a game to “sell”.

I mean, there is no right or wrong but the results makes anyone believes that creators shoukd have their freedom than letting someone outside creative process to dictate the the directions.

Looking from this perspective, it kinda alleviate the devs from FF11, as they do what they can, in a company that, at the end of the day, dont really care about games, players or legacy.

They just want to impose their beliefs, and maybe earn some cash in the process
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-14 18:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Square Enix is a business, more news at 11
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-05-14 18:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I mean, we have known why those games failed for a while now.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-05-14 19:56:23
Link | Citer | R

I try to keep to the economic side of that. Not that economics aren't political or anything but I know both lefties and righties are dancing about Tesla stock dropping 25% no matter how how much they want to have twitter WFO.

In other lols, texas totally blacked out eh,
Called it.

As soon as you see Abbott say the windmills caused the heat
I would not bet against that but it IS political.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-14 20:00:12
Link | Citer | R

apparently this youtube creator clash had over 500,000 viewers. $30 per stream ticket plus sponsors... yeah, that was a pretty good idea for some quick dosh.
By llAKs0nll 2022-05-14 20:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Can we please drop the P&R before it gets out of hand?

There is a reason why that sub section was closed down on these forums. If you want to discuss it, please use a different platform. Thank you.
Not even worth discussion tbh but Leftist Bill Maher is very interesting IMO at least.
I mean if Leftist Bill Maher even knows what’s up then what’s the Problem exactly?
Why so much Division & Drama….
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-14 23:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Just finished the second play-test of my game engine and it went even better than expected. The party took a completely different approach than I had planned, but thankfully it was a smooth adaptation.

Now I can finally take a bit of a break from writing and play some video games and catch up on YouTube and stuff. But it was so much fun that I just want to keep going. We ended the game in a bit of a grey area that leaves things open enough that I can throw the party for a real loop with my next update. I'm so excited!

I'm also terribly exhausted xD
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-15 00:07:09
Link | Citer | R

hardware calibrated all my displays and it's gonna take some getting used to. all of them had a natural blue tinge to them from the factory so the neutral is warmer than my eyes are used to
First Page 2 3 ... 22217 22218 22219 ... 22566 22567 22568