Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22095 22096 22097 ... 22586 22587 22588
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-26 03:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh, yeah. That doesn't work on Asura. Every time you zone, you have a random chance of maybe getting into a Unity. Unity is busted on Asura because there are so many people and the three useful Unity Leaders's unities are simply always at max.

Yes. I know the solution is to change to a backwater server or spam turn on/off Unity chat until I get in.

I forgot this was likely only a problem on crowded servers.

Not sure what else to say so here is a picture of a rabbit eating pizza.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 07:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Yes. I know the solution is to change to a backwater server or spam turn on/off Unity chat until I get in.
Or just join someone else's Unity. You don't want Cid's flappy dentures helping you dish out damage??
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 08:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
I almost beat the inscyption tree guy. ;-; I had infinite squirrels totem (Squirrels would return to my hand after being sacrificed allowing me to place them down again and on and on) and errything. I had made a really OP deathcard beforehand and he summoned it kicking my ***. or rather I kicked my own ***..
I can't not ask what this is about.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-26 08:54:56
Link | Citer | R

I almost beat the inscyption tree guy. ;-; I had infinite squirrels totem (Squirrels would return to my hand after being sacrificed allowing me to place them down again and on and on) and errything. I had made a really OP deathcard beforehand and he summoned it kicking my ***. or rather I kicked my own ***..

I think the appropriate response is that you summon your Dark Magician in Attack Mode.

(but honestly, I don't know either)

Edit: Freehugs ninja'd in when I was fumbling around making a "stupid *** meme". I did call that it was a card game which is kind of neat. I didn't know it was a card game. It just kind of sounded like things you hear people say when playing YuGiOh to me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 08:55:25
Link | Citer | R

inscyption
Ooohhhh ok yeah I have seen this.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 08:57:38
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 09:54:42
Link | Citer | R

I used to enjoy YuGiOh but it got to the point where you needed a magnifying glass just to see what a card did. Just too complicated for pick up and play. At least for me.
Yeah it's a little ridiculous. I liked collecting cards in the couple of years that it was the trendy thing in my area (when I was like 11 years old), but I never really played. More recently I tried playing it with my friends, but I had no idea what I was doing, and couldn't make educated decisions for myself because (as you said) every card has a colossal wall o' text on it.

That's actually one of the reasons why I'm trying to develop my own tabletop RPG. Without any added flavour, 5th Edition D&D's spells tend to have whole paragraphs just to figure out how they work. For the sake of example, Spare The Dying is the simplest spell I could find, and even that has nine "if, then" rules attached. I hope you've taken your twelve-week university course to learn how to cast spells like Prismatic Wall, or even the 1st level Find Familiar.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-26 10:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Off to Hoggwarts with ya then. Did you think you could just waltz in and start casting avada kedavra on your first day?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-26 10:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Someone gifted me pkmn legends for my birthday. Well guess I am playing it

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I used to enjoy YuGiOh but it got to the point where you needed a magnifying glass just to see what a card did. Just too complicated for pick up and play. At least for me.
Yeah it's a little ridiculous. I liked collecting cards in the couple of years that it was the trendy thing in my area (when I was like 11 years old), but I never really played. More recently I tried playing it with my friends, but I had no idea what I was doing, and couldn't make educated decisions for myself because (as you said) every card has a colossal wall o' text on it.

That's actually one of the reasons why I'm trying to develop my own tabletop RPG. Without any added flavour, 5th Edition D&D's spells tend to have whole paragraphs just to figure out how they work. For the sake of example, Spare The Dying is the simplest spell I could find, and even that has nine "if, then" rules attached. I hope you've taken your twelve-week university course to learn how to cast spells like Prismatic Wall, or even the 1st level Find Familiar.

Always found DnD spells straightforward and easy to understand, especially since the rules are just suggestions. The only complex spells and concepts are things that player characters outside of hyper specific homebrew campaigns can literally never cast or encounter.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-26 10:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Final Fantasy 1 "takes influence" (ripped off) so much from DnD.

They actually had to change the "Beholder" enemy in NA release to "Eye" because it was too specific of a name from DnD.

The more you know.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 11:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Off to Hoggwarts with ya then. Did you think you could just waltz in and start casting avada kedavra on your first day?
Honestly, with how haphazard they are with magic rules in that universe, I don't see why not.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Always found DnD spells straightforward and easy to understand, especially since the rules are just suggestions. The only complex spells and concepts are things that player characters outside of hyper specific homebrew campaigns can literally never cast or encounter.
I'm not sure how the rules are just suggestions for spells, at least in 5th Edition. Every spell is very deliberate and specific to a circumstance. I tried coming up with a character who specialized with teleportation, only to realize there's like 50 spells that all do it slightly differently.

5th Edition has a truly wonderful mechanic that lets you scale up your spells. I love it. It keeps your low-level spells relevant, gives you some flexibility with how you cast. They could have taken that a lot further to allow players to scale up or scale down their spells, or augment them by adjusting spell slots. That would have allowed a player to have fewer spells and a novel's worth less reading, plus allowed more rule-bending by player and DM.

It's not that every spell is too complicated. In fact, having a rules-based system does the exact opposite of that, especially when you don't have much to read. It's when you get to higher levels and have 20+ spells to wade through because you can't memorize how all of them function. Making a spell book is a challenge in itself because not one word among the twelve paragraphs of text is irrelevant. You want to teleport, do you cast...
The spell which costs your bonus action and a second-level spell slot that allows only yourself to teleport 6 squares away, but only if it's unoccupied and you can see it and you can speak?
The spell which costs your standard action and a second-level spell slot that lets you teleport yourself, a friend, or an enemy (constitution saves) up to 18 squares from you into another location up to 18 squares from you, as long as the target location is unoccupied, you can see it, and it's of a liquid or solid state of matter which can bear the target's load, but only on its surface because you can't use it to inflict damage, and only if you can speak and move your arms?
The spell which costs your standard action and a third-level (or greater) spell slot that allows you to teleport yourself up to 18 squares away, allowing you to bring objects not explicitly worn on your person, or another living creature, but only if they're willing, and only if they're equal to or smaller than your own size, and only if they aren't overburdened, and only if you can grab them, to a location you can see and isn't already occupied, and only if there's another 5-foot square location for your willing friend to land on, also inflicting sonic-elemental damage to everything within 2 squares of your departure point, which inflicts half damage if the enemy constitution saves, and only if you can speak.
The spell which costs your standard action and a fourth-level spell slot and will allow you to travel up to 100 squares in any cardinal direction, bringing along objects and a willing creature if you so desire (as per above), but only if the spot is unoccupied. If it is occupied, the spell slot is still exhausted and you don't move anywhere, and you and your buddy take force-elemental damage.
The spell which costs only your bonus action, allowing you to teleport up to 12 squares, but only if you can see the destination and only if it is unoccupied. For the next 10 turns (count 'em down!) you can exhaust your turn's bonus action to repeat this without using any more spell slots. But only if you can speak.
The spell which costs your standard action and fifth-level spell slot and requires your concentration (see: concentration rules) for up to 100 turns that places a portal within 2 squares of you, and another within 100 squares of you, but only if you can see the locations, and only if there's no one already standing there. (Holy crap, I can't even get into how many descriptors the portals have.) You must be able to speak and move your arms.
The spell which costs your standard action and sixth-level spell slot that allows you to teleport 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 creatures within 6 squares of you up to 24 squares away, but only if the target locations are visible to you, and only if they're unoccupied, and only if you can speak. If the creature is unwilling, it may roll a wisdom save to not be teleported.
The spell which costs your standard action and a sixth-level spell slot that requires you to have touched a plant at some point in your life, and a target plant within 2 squares of you may be opened as a portal, but only if the plant is of Large size or greater, and only if it is inanimate, and only if it's on the same plane of existence. For 1 turn, any creature may exhaust 1 square of their turn's movement to step through it.
(OK I give up. There's 4 other spells and they all just get more complicated from there. There's one that literally has a spreadsheet to calculate your likelihood of success. You get my point)

EDIT: I should just point out that I'm not angry or even really trying to argue anything. In fact, it's probably just me who has a hard time figuring this stuff out. In my opinion, it could have been structured better. Fewer rules, more mechanics.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-01-26 11:14:59
Link | Citer | R

DnD memes and the 'Community' DnD episodes make me wanna try DnD. Seeing people playing DnD makes me not want to.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 11:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
DnD memes and the 'Community' DnD episodes make me wanna try DnD. Seeing people playing DnD makes me not want to.
There are tons of tabletop games out there. Some are more loose with their rules, some are heavier with their rules. It's more about the system than the actual universe. Even if the "d20" system D&D operates on isn't for you, there are tons of other ways to play. And every group is going to be different with how the rules are applied.

The system I'm creating, for example, is based around real-world logic. The intent is that you can rely more on your imagination because there's less interference by the game rules.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-01-26 11:58:31
Link | Citer | R

i'd try it just for the fun of a group that does stuff like that together. my league of legends group hardly plays together anymore. makes me sad =(

booze and games with friends is the best.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 12:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i'd try it just for the fun of a group that does stuff like that together. my league of legends group hardly plays together anymore. makes me sad =(

booze and games with friends is the best.
There are web sites dedicated to finding online groups to drop in with. Or you can set something up yourself if you want. In-person is best, but even online is OK. If no one else is willing to take the reins, the role of DM is honestly way easier than you'd think. I can give you pointers if you'd want to get started.

EDIT: And I am by no means some crazy experienced D&D player, either. But I've run a couple of games, and they've gone really well.
By Jetackuu 2022-01-26 12:20:46
Link | Citer | R

my deck probably couldn't beat your deck

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-26 12:56:19
Link | Citer | R

I got super far with smelly squirrels totem

By misacat 2022-01-26 13:07:50
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-01-26 13:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
my deck probably couldn't beat your deck

My deck would be filled with cards that are banned nowaday.

Kinda surprising they even banned Pot of Greed. Its not like its super game breaking
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-01-26 14:59:15
Link | Citer | R

typical
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-26 16:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Welp guess this is it, I had a good run
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-26 16:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Welp guess this is it, I had a good run
;_;

Hopefully your symptoms are only mild. You could use the "W" after the medical stuff you just went through.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22095 22096 22097 ... 22586 22587 22588