Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22002 22003 22004 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 10:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Whats a creative remote play or on the go play?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-11-15 10:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Ways to play via remote control, remote PC, cloud PC.

I've seen some people using the small windows PC's called gdpwin and heard some people planning on putting windows on the new steam box.

I'm trying to find a better way to have an always on solution to tap into. Was hoping to compare notes with someone doing something similar
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-15 10:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Though I get how you feel. I'm the same kind of but with names. I just don't see how someone can become attatched to a character with a name like Mommy Fartsniffer or something. (probably panta's character's name)
(lol probably)

One thing that always bugged me about XI is that Mithra names, male Tarutaru names, and the Hume-given Galka names are all two words, but they only let you use one-word names. I wonder how much of that was them hoping to make it work with two names and then at the last second it got canned. It just seems weird to give 3 of the 5 in-game races optional two-word names and then go that route.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 11:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

I've seen some people using the small windows PC's called gdpwin and heard some people planning on putting windows on the new steam box.

I'm trying to find a better way to have an always on solution to tap into. Was hoping to compare notes with someone doing something similar

The most closest try I did on that was like 10 years ago when I installed a remote PC control. So that I would turn on my personal PC with FFXI, enable the software there, then go to work and enable the same software on my Ipad so I could send commands remotely and watch the response.

The software I used was kinda bad at that time, too laggy but it was close to 10 years ago, so surely there was better options.

Next was when I bought a microsoft tablet Surface Pro, that allowed me to easily install FFXI, thus I could play it normally. It used to ran very smoothly but again, thats like 5+ years ago, and surely nowaday Surfaces should extend even further the performance.

Finally, I work in IT, and the cloud thing is everywhere. I didnt try it but surely it should be possible to hire a Virtual Machine in any hosting provider, install all the junks there so that you could probably access every type of software anywhere that you have access to a browser. The only problem I see is the pricing. Many clou providers just charge per time using the VM, so at least, seems quite fair charging.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 11:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Fartsniffer

Depend where that fart is coming from.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-11-15 11:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

The most closest try I did on that was like 10 years ago when I installed a remote PC control. So that I would turn on my personal PC with FFXI, enable the software there, then go to work and enable the same software on my Ipad so I could send commands remotely and watch the response.

The software I used was kinda bad at that time, too laggy but it was close to 10 years ago, so surely there was better options.

Next was when I bought a microsoft tablet Surface Pro, that allowed me to easily install FFXI, thus I could play it normally. It used to ran very smoothly but again, thats like 5+ years ago, and surely nowaday Surfaces should extend even further the performance.

Finally, I work in IT, and the cloud thing is everywhere. I didnt try it but surely it should be possible to hire a Virtual Machine in any hosting provider, install all the junks there so that you could probably access every type of software anywhere that you have access to a browser. The only problem I see is the pricing. Many clou providers just charge per time using the VM, so at least, seems quite fair charging.

I currently have 2 software I am using on multimedia back up pc rather than renting which is crazy expensive.
Parsec and moonlight are the current softwares I am messing around with but I need to find some more tweaks on the windows side to make it better.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-15 12:51:23
Link | Citer | R

No one cares, but it's a random thought and it's what I'm thinking.

1/5 on Lich's Dry Ether.

Look at ya girl's stylish Ruby Slippers; like she is in Oz.

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-15 13:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Fabulous~~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-15 13:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Just a monk'a monk'a burnin' love.

Monk class change to Master in 'Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster' made me very happy.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 14:15:59
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

I had good laughs with this ***.

Censoring real guns with finger gun was too op.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-15 16:13:06
Link | Citer | R

*** YEAH halo

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-15 17:39:33
Link | Citer | R

Finally had my 6-month performance evaluation at work. Was fretting it all day, but it looks like I get to keep my job for another 6 months at least XD
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 17:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Sounds rough

Are all jobs there that uncertain? How can people progress when they are monthly worried if they will keep their jobs for the next month?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-11-15 18:06:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-15 18:21:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-15 20:26:54
Link | Citer | R

The new facebook lawsuit highlights.

Quote:
"We are not people to Mark Zuckerberg, we are the product and we are being used against each other out of greed."
Quote:
the company chooses "profits over safety"

Working as intended. Not a bug it's a feature. Water is wet. The sky is blue. Yeah that's the point.

I mean, that's literally every company. There is no case cause there can't be a case. Sub out facebook for walmart, for ATT, for youtube, for the tire shop down the street, your bank, your grocery store, your hospital. It's never not the same ***.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-15 20:50:35
Link | Citer | R

got a job offer, 20% over what i'm making now, plus a better supporting department, more PTO, better and cheaper medical with a $5k sign on bonus, so i happy!

time for busy season tears though, soon...
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-15 20:53:06
Link | Citer | R

I was happy with a 10% raise but look at miss super badass, congrats.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-15 21:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Sounds rough

Are all jobs there that uncertain? How can people progress when they are monthly worried if they will keep their jobs for the next month?
Nah it was partly a joke, partly just where my mind was going.

I don't think I would have gotten as far as a progress evaluation if they were going to let me go. The whole point was to reflect on what I was doing well and what I could improve on. The fact that they take that time at all is indicative of a good company that earnestly wants to grow.

I just wasn't sure what to expect, or even what criteria they judged me on. Part of it too is that I'm working remotely, which means I don't get that constant feedback and affirmation. I don't see how many jobs my peers are tossing at the shop, so for all I know I'm only putting 10% of the work in that everyone else is. That's what I was sort of worried about.

But now that I'm off probation, it's time to slack off! :D
Building trusses with the mouse and keyboard, grinding in XI with the controller!
(As if doing so wouldn't tear at me with extreme guilt)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-15 21:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
got a job offer, 20% over what i'm making now, plus a better supporting department, more PTO, better and cheaper medical with a $5k sign on bonus, so i happy!

Woo-hoo!! $5k sign-on just in time for Christmas!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-15 21:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »

grats
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-16 03:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
No need to cheat, Aeon-Meowth.

Just look up the mechanics. They're pretty opaque, but the biggest things are:

1) Evasion is the be all, end all stat. Unequip everyone's armor immediately. They need to start taking damage to gain HP anyway. Almost all of the enemies gain an en- debuff effect on attacks, and all undead deal damage proportional to total HP. Don't get hit baby. Use Shields for increased evasion. If you must use armor, use the breastplate things, not the full plate things. Get the gloves/hats/things that give +10 AGI and stuff.

2) Keep a Sword and Shield on Firion the entire playthrough. I don't know how it varies version to version, but in the original FF2, Firion's Agility stat(raised as a random % of your evasion value at the end of any battle) determines preemptive strikes and the rate at which you get ambushed.

3) Designate at least one mage character(honestly it's better to designate two, but you can make 1 work). Keep them naked and in the back row. Spells to focus on, Cure, Life, Berserk, Curse, Shell, Esuna, Fire, Bolt, Flare.

4) On your non-mages, give them Cure and Life spells. Try to get them a little bit of MP via grinding with the Swap spell that Minwu has at the start of the game. These Cure and Life spells will work between fights with 100% effectiveness, so you won't be boned if designated mages die.

5) Get Minwu access asap. He's the best early grind machine for MP, and if you're following this list, this early grind should be all you really need to make the rest of the game flow like honey.

6) Advanced - If you did two mage focused characters, split their spell types. You'll need a list for the ones that explicitly function off Intelligence vs. Spirit, but it's good rule of thumb that White magic spell names = Spirit and Black magic spell names = Int. White Magic users suffer less from getting weapon levels/being physical hybrids. Have them use Daggers, those are one of the least invasive weapon types for mages of either type.

7) You can stop and grind spells or anything any time you want, if you hit a snag.

Am I doing it right?

I havn't even started the story. I'm just grinding them up one-by-one. Gonna have a master save at the beginning of the game with all organic skilled trio. Then I'm gonna just plow through the game. I have promised myself I'd beat 1 and 2 before the Pixel Remaster version of 3 so... it's a goal. Plus... three hours to skill up is just another day for me at this point, after skilling and WS points for any given weapon in FFXI.

Basically doing exactly what this site says to do:
https://gameplay.tips/guides/12041-final-fantasy-ii.html
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-16 03:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
No need to cheat, Aeon-Meowth.

Just look up the mechanics. They're pretty opaque, but the biggest things are:

1) Evasion is the be all, end all stat. Unequip everyone's armor immediately. They need to start taking damage to gain HP anyway. Almost all of the enemies gain an en- debuff effect on attacks, and all undead deal damage proportional to total HP. Don't get hit baby. Use Shields for increased evasion. If you must use armor, use the breastplate things, not the full plate things. Get the gloves/hats/things that give +10 AGI and stuff.

2) Keep a Sword and Shield on Firion the entire playthrough. I don't know how it varies version to version, but in the original FF2, Firion's Agility stat(raised as a random % of your evasion value at the end of any battle) determines preemptive strikes and the rate at which you get ambushed.

3) Designate at least one mage character(honestly it's better to designate two, but you can make 1 work). Keep them naked and in the back row. Spells to focus on, Cure, Life, Berserk, Curse, Shell, Esuna, Fire, Bolt, Flare.

4) On your non-mages, give them Cure and Life spells. Try to get them a little bit of MP via grinding with the Swap spell that Minwu has at the start of the game. These Cure and Life spells will work between fights with 100% effectiveness, so you won't be boned if designated mages die.

5) Get Minwu access asap. He's the best early grind machine for MP, and if you're following this list, this early grind should be all you really need to make the rest of the game flow like honey.

6) Advanced - If you did two mage focused characters, split their spell types. You'll need a list for the ones that explicitly function off Intelligence vs. Spirit, but it's good rule of thumb that White magic spell names = Spirit and Black magic spell names = Int. White Magic users suffer less from getting weapon levels/being physical hybrids. Have them use Daggers, those are one of the least invasive weapon types for mages of either type.

7) You can stop and grind spells or anything any time you want, if you hit a snag.

Am I doing it right?

I havn't even started the story. I'm just grinding them up one-by-one. Gonna have a master save at the beginning of the game with all organic skilled trio. Then I'm gonna just plow through the game. I have promised myself I'd beat 1 and 2 before the Pixel Remaster version of 3 so... it's a goal. Plus... three hours to skill up is just another day for me at this point, after skilling and WS points for any given weapon in FFXI.

Basically doing exactly what this site says to do:
https://gameplay.tips/guides/12041-final-fantasy-ii.html

As long as you're having fun, yes. It's in line with #7. I guess.

Don't forget to tell the Captain guarding the Dreadnaught entrance, "Wild Rose" instead of "Pass" so that you kill his ***.
By Draylo 2021-11-16 03:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I don't get the appeal to the new sprite FF based games that are getting released. There already superior versions for other platforms like PSP which you can put all of them on your phone and all have the bonus content.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-16 04:21:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't know either. On paper, I shouldn't enjoy it or be having as much fun with it as I am.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-16 08:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I don't know either. On paper, I shouldn't enjoy it or be having as much fun with it as I am.
You probably just like the games, and any excuse to replay them is a good one.

I don't even know the best means to play each one. Everyone seems to have their favourite versions, and I get overwhelmed a lot. Seems like all the old-school Final Fantasy games have like a dozen remasters, remakes, and revisions already.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-16 09:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I don't even know the best means to play each one.

First Page 2 3 ... 22002 22003 22004 ... 22715 22716 22717