Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21999 22000 22001 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 13:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Pounds per square foot?

Either you use kilograms or washing machines per mile, come on
You never go half American!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 13:25:08
Link | Citer | R

Page 22000!

Congratulations Random Thoughts
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 13:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Pounds per square foot?

Either you use kilograms or washing machines per mile, come on
You never go half American!

AKA is it formal use? Yes, metric.

No, imperial
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 13:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
AKA is it formal use? Yes, metric.

No, imperial
That's an adequate summary.

Though an addendum to above: When talking about travel distance, it's usually measured in time (minutes/hours).
"How far do you live outside the city?"
"Ah, about 20 minutes, 'eh?"
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-12 14:48:19
Link | Citer | R

I was this many days old when I realized that the "buffalo" in "buffalo wings" probably means the sauce was created in Buffalo, New York. It's not that I couldn't have figured it out sooner. I just had never put more thought into buffalo wings passed "haha buffalo don't have wings" and had left it at that.

Also... page 22,000 started on 11/12 and not 11/11. My OCD is all:

Also...
Because, lets be frank.

Also... good job getting Rooks to talk about P+R section and distract him with sock puppet account chat. You had his guard down. You could have nearly been close enough to get his Covid Vax stance. Again:

Also, speaking of Rooks, page 22,000, date 11/12 (and not 11/11):

You guessed it:

Also... on the topic of units of measurement, I know that a "score" is worth 20 units, so the first two words of The Gettysburg Address are "Four twenty". A little nod there to you stoners that love that little number so much.

Were these random thoughts random enough?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-12 14:52:20
Link | Citer | R

So sad i missed out on that NFT thread!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-12 14:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
Anyway, I'm not going to do that, because the politics mutants have already stolen enough of my joy and free time, they don't get any more. If I actually carved out the time and energy to do real work here there's bigger problems to fix.
Yeah... I don't know why people want to discuss politics on here anyway. This is a FFXI forum. Why do we need politics on here when folks could just as easily create a Discord channel or something.

Just because the mods here don't allow it (and I don't blame them) doesn't mean you can't vent your political beliefs elsewhere, even to the same people.

iirc somebody tried that once due to the "blatant bias." I think I have a link somewhere... bur never joined. Kind of wish I had, many of those people poofed. :/
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-12 15:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

You can still talk about it if you want. Don't give up. Never give up. You're a Goonie and...

Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-12 15:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It got bombed?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 15:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Didn't even notice it was locked, it had like a whole page worth of pointless ***to go before it got lockworthy imo
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 16:33:31
Link | Citer | R

The problem when a serie starts to overpopulate it with new characters is that the original ones gets “nerfed”, changes their personality to become as much as irrelevant to the plot as possible so they wont steal the spotlight on the new ones.

Talking that after viewing the review of Tails and Knuckles “evolution” in the franchise.

Sad treatment given to original characters
By Pantafernando 2021-11-12 16:50:50
Link | Citer | R

I guess that is a problem when your protagonist is such a shallow character like Sonic that lacks of anything deep in its characterization.

So that youre forced to dumb down all the others chars to avoid them to becomes more popular than the protagonist.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-12 17:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Page 22000!

Congratulations Random Thoughts

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-12 18:47:31
Link | Citer | R

I guess that is a problem when your protagonist is such a shallow character like Sonic that lacks of anything deep in its characterization.

So that youre forced to dumb down all the others chars to avoid them to becomes more popular than the protagonist.

In many video games (RPGs in particular), the protagonist is silent or rarely speaks. 'Chrono Trigger' is a great example of this as there is an ending in which Crono speaks and it is completely out of place which makes it more fun.

Also:

Plot twist: Sonic is a RPG.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 19:01:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Plot twist: Sonic is a RPG.
I remember when I was a kid and I learned that RPG stood for Role-Playing Game and I was super confused. I had no idea what it meant, nor what "roleplaying" had to do with the game giving you stat increases.

Honestly, I still don't know why we use "RPG" as a way to describe any game wherein your character has stats that grow over time. Even a some first-person shooter games will have "RPG elements" in that you'll gain proficiency with certain weapons or unlock abilities.

The only thing I've learned since then is that "tabletop roleplaying games" like D&D tend to have stats that grow with character levels. But otherwise, isn't every game technically the player assuming the role of some sort of entity within the game's world? Every game is an RPG.
By Draylo 2021-11-12 19:28:37
Link | Citer | R

The only sonic game I've ever liked was Sonic Adventure 1/2.. I don't think they ever made another like that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-12 19:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
The only sonic game I've ever liked was Sonic Adventure 1/2.. I don't think they ever made another like that.

I have fond memories of playing Sonic Adventure 1 on the Dreamcast. I don't particularly care for any Sonic story, but the music and environments more than make up for it in some of the games. I've thought of going back and playing those, but whenever I revisit a game from ye olden days of my youth it rarely resembles the game that I saw with my nostalgia goggles.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 19:54:20
Link | Citer | R

I recently replayed Sonic 3 & Knuckles. As expected, I still liked the visuals and music, but what I really got from the playthrough (now that I'm not a single digit age) was the storytelling. Without a single line of dialogue, it has a very coherent and detailed plot.

Towards the latter half of the game, you actually feel some pretty big stakes. And it rewards you with replayability.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-12 21:37:43
Link | Citer | R

which sonic was the one you could put another sonic game in the top of it and get extra stuff ?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-12 22:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
which sonic was the one you could put another sonic game in the top of it and get extra stuff ?
Sonic & Knuckles. You can put Sonic 3 in it to get the full game between the two, or Sonic 2 in it to play Knuckles in Sonic 2.

S3&K is often considered to be one of the strongest entries in the franchise.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 22:01:34
Link | Citer | R

I love it when the power goes out. It's a perfect metaphor. No energy for absolutely anything and there's no easing into it. It's just working and then it's not. Out of your control and caused by someone or something you can't see do it.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-12 22:41:49
Link | Citer | R

parents sent me an expensive purse for my birthday, figured theyd know me by now... time to return and get some vidya gaems or a zoid or something like the adult child that i am
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-12 23:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Zoids>silly overpriced bag.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-12 23:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Sonic & Knuckles. You can put Sonic 3 in it to get the full game between the two, or Sonic 2 in it to play Knuckles in Sonic 2.

S3&K is often considered to be one of the strongest entries in the franchise.

I always liked sonice3dblast, was a nice change.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-12 23:11:59
Link | Citer | R

That on the verge of greatness post really split my sides. Also, 22,000, yeeeeehawwwww!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-13 00:45:57
Link | Citer | R

I had no idea what it meant

My first contact with that term was when I found "Super Mario RPG" and I also had no clue what that meant, just thought the game kinda different from the usual.

After that, I came in contact with some FF game, either FFT or FF7, then I assumed RPG meant turn-based fights.

Some more years latter I got to know about people doing actual real life RPG and once again, perceived paradigms were distorted.

Also worth note it took some time for me to know RPG is "Role Play Game", then as I was a kid with no knowledge of english even if I knew the entire name it wouldnt make any difference and finally, even translating that name after, the name per se is kinda generic and dont really mean anything as every game can be interpreted as a sort of role playing. And made it way worse to me as I didnt find the link between Role Play and Turn-Based game.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-13 00:52:22
Link | Citer | R

*loads up amazon music*
*lags due to poor cell signal on this trip*
*downloads all full songs so it doesn't have to rely on signal*

*amazon still lags when playing songs*

*has to go to offline mode to stop the lagging*
wtf amazon and this mom and pop ***
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-13 02:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Josiahafk said: »
“Which mood are you currently in?

Absolutely the latter, lol.

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-13 03:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Going through the gallery for Final Fantasy III on PSP and came across concept art for the Evoker/Summoner version of Chocobos (to call them in battle VS ridin'). I see why you aren't supposed to get attacked on them. They are supposed to be gigantic.

I know they were introduced in Final Fantasy II (1988) so now I'm going to have to play that to unlock that gallery. Ugh. FF2 is /the worst/ of the main series (imo). This is going to be brutal. Now that I think about it, I can probably unlock the gallery via cheat code because the only way I'll ever play that one again is with cheats.

"Appa! Yip yip!"
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-13 03:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Going through the gallery for Final Fantasy III on PSP and came across concept art for the Evoker/Summoner version of Chocobos. I see why you aren't supposed to get attacked on them. They are supposed to be gigantic.

I know they were introduced in Final Fantasy II (1988) so now I'm going to have to play that to unlock that gallery. Ugh. FF2 is /the worst/ of the main series (imo). This is going to be brutal. Now that I think about it, I can probably unlock the gallery via cheat code because the only way I'll ever play that one again is with cheats.

"Appa! Yip yip!"
No need to cheat, Aeon-Meowth.

Just look up the mechanics. They're pretty opaque, but the biggest things are:

1) Evasion is the be all, end all stat. Unequip everyone's armor immediately. They need to start taking damage to gain HP anyway. Almost all of the enemies gain an en- debuff effect on attacks, and all undead deal damage proportional to total HP. Don't get hit baby. Use Shields for increased evasion. If you must use armor, use the breastplate things, not the full plate things. Get the gloves/hats/things that give +10 AGI and stuff.

2) Keep a Sword and Shield on Firion the entire playthrough. I don't know how it varies version to version, but in the original FF2, Firion's Agility stat(raised as a random % of your evasion value at the end of any battle) determines preemptive strikes and the rate at which you get ambushed.

3) Designate at least one mage character(honestly it's better to designate two, but you can make 1 work). Keep them naked and in the back row. Spells to focus on, Cure, Life, Berserk, Curse, Shell, Esuna, Fire, Bolt, Flare.

4) On your non-mages, give them Cure and Life spells. Try to get them a little bit of MP via grinding with the Swap spell that Minwu has at the start of the game. These Cure and Life spells will work between fights with 100% effectiveness, so you won't be boned if designated mages die.

5) Get Minwu access asap. He's the best early grind machine for MP, and if you're following this list, this early grind should be all you really need to make the rest of the game flow like honey.

6) Advanced - If you did two mage focused characters, split their spell types. You'll need a list for the ones that explicitly function off Intelligence vs. Spirit, but it's good rule of thumb that White magic spell names = Spirit and Black magic spell names = Int. White Magic users suffer less from getting weapon levels/being physical hybrids. Have them use Daggers, those are one of the least invasive weapon types for mages of either type.

7) You can stop and grind spells or anything any time you want, if you hit a snag.
First Page 2 3 ... 21999 22000 22001 ... 22715 22716 22717