Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21994 21995 21996 ... 22638 22639 22640
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-11-07 02:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
When are we going to see some FFXI NFT’s?

@Draylo - get on it!
Carrelo and Takomunch too!

I'm selling this one for 7 BTC

[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-07 02:56:08
Link | Citer | R

First drafts on Alexander figure, think the highlights on the armor are too purple/pronounced so might need to make them the same color. In-game model he does look like he has those areas highlighted just not as exaggerated. Think it came out good.

his in-game models
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-07 09:24:00
Link | Citer | R

I never really liked math and all those abstract concepts.

But now, as an old man, I feel like the next step in human evolution will be when human beings are fully integrated with math. To the point everything can be understood by numbers and solve through equations.

Once time allows, I will go back to some math books. Its never late to come in terms with past failures, and from what was once your weakest point, to something youre proud of.
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-07 10:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Thinking to get an Xbox X series at the end of the month just to replay Lost odyssey with the upscaled graphics without the 10 seconds battle loading, hmmm

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-11-07 12:17:09
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-07 15:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Aren't you like 30?
Eh, age is just a number. Some people are still young at 80, some people are old at 30. I have a friend turning 32 next week and he might as well be in a seniors complex.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-11-07 16:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Eh, age is just a number. Some people are still young at 80
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-07 16:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I never really liked math and all those abstract concepts.

But now, as an old man, I feel like the next step in human evolution will be when human beings are fully integrated with math. To the point everything can be understood by numbers and solve through equations.

Once time allows, I will go back to some math books. Its never late to come in terms with past failures, and from what was once your weakest point, to something youre proud of.
Math is only abstract when you haven't a use for it. I assure you that engineers, astronomers, physicists, and others find math that is abstract to you and I useful tools.

I have lost my calculus and all advanced math because I never used them. I can still do trig functions in my head because I used trig.

P. S. You aren't old. At 77 I sometimes have to remind myself that I am.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-07 17:03:11
Link | Citer | R

Changing topics real quick. Last monday I went to a friends marriage.

During the cerimony, the presenter was playing with the guests telling about the couples little stories.

And kinda as a surprise (to me at least), despite how much skepticism there is around Tinder, the groom met his now wife there. And it really seemed that they were a perfect match. He, more introspective and she, more talkative.

Honestly I would never want those details to slip to public. Maybe im being too prejudiced about Tinder but I think it reveals some weak traits about a person.

Regardless, its very nice to see it can work sometimes, and that it worked pretty well for a close friend.

Cheers.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-07 17:16:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Math is only abstract when you haven't a use for it. I assure you that engineers, astronomers, physicists, and others find math that is abstract to you and I useful tools.

Pantafernando said: »
Honestly I would never want those details to slip to public. Maybe im being too prejudiced about Tinder but I think it reveals some weak traits about a person.

Regardless, its very nice to see it can work sometimes, and that it worked pretty well for a close friend.
Eh, that's just how things happen nowadays. Not everybody has the social capacity to go to places like clubs to meet people, and it's really awkward to ask if you don't already know the person.

Dating apps allow a person to break the ice with someone that they already connect with. You don't know who's looking for what (if anything) in person, but you can rest assured that people are at least looking if you find them on a dating app.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-07 20:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »

I'm hoping that my name never becomes a "thing". It's gotta be hard to be a Karen, Susan, Becky, Chad, etc. if the stereotype doesn't fit you. I occasionally get associated with fringe memes due to my name, but I'd rather be associated with something humorous instead of having people assuming I'm a dirtbag based on name alone.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-07 21:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Another random neat feed find on the yootoob

10 Promising Indie RPGs inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics | 2021-2022
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-07 23:04:02
Link | Citer | R

buildabear has all gen1 and 2 eeveelutions except for vaporeon? that's a personal attack
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-07 23:31:45
Link | Citer | R

It's crazy how almost no game in that genre has compared to FFT overall and yet the dummies at SE haven't expanded on those game series. I know theres a rumour of a remaster but no sequel or remake, seems silly.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-07 23:50:07
Link | Citer | R

boy i hope it's a better 'remaster' than wotl
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-08 01:16:34
Link | Citer | R

my duty is done
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-08 01:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Josiahafk 2021-11-08 02:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Same. 12 hr shift last night became 13 due to daylight savings and still haven’t recovered
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-08 08:12:36
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
It's crazy how almost no game in that genre has compared to FFT overall and yet the dummies at SE haven't expanded on those game series. I know theres a rumour of a remaster but no sequel or remake, seems silly.
Makes one wonder what is it that makes FFT so special in the first place. If all these indie devs couldn't figure it out, I'm doubtful that Square-Enix knows well enough to properly remaster it. They'll probably overhaul the job system in a way to balance it, but unwittingly gut the individuality of each job. Or just altogether mess around with how easy the game is to mess around with and break.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-08 08:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Cult followings don't happen for a 'reason" they just happen. Lightning in a bottle etc. Just something about FFT that while the game play is replicable no other tactical game can accomplish.

Same way most things work. That was most peoples first. You never forget your first and all that.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-08 08:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Cult followings don't happen for a 'reason" they just happen. Lightning in a bottle etc. Just something about FFT that while the game play is replicable no other tactical game can accomplish.

Same way most things work. That was most peoples first. You never forget your first and all that.
While I can't argue that it has a lot to do with it being nostalgic due to it being a lot of peoples' first tactical RPG, I'm not sure I agree with cult followings happening without reason.

Tactics, like XI, is more designed for a specific audience rather than trying to appeal to the larger market. And both for about the same reasons. Neither game holds your hand or even tells you what works or what doesn't work. It's up to you to experiment and figure out what's strong and worth using, and what you can probably altogether skip over next time you play.

The only real difference between XI and Tactics is the number of players involved. In Tactics, you experiment so that your subsequent playthroughs can be more efficient. In FFXI, you experiment so that you can pass your knowledge onto other players. But in both, it adds to this feeling of progression that transcends the TV screen.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-08 08:37:31
Link | Citer | R

I think FFT got big because it's fookin' cool. The introduction to the game is the tutorial fight where Gaffgarion and Agrius pimp smack those knights that come to take Ovelia with their magical sword attacks.

Seems like an easy win, but bam! Delita comes out of the back of the church being the SOB he is, and delivers the edgy line.

Shazam! Then the game rewinds. So already you're on a roller coaster, and then the game slaps you with game mechanics.

It's got good music. Great dialogue. Cool happenings and characters.

What pulled me in most was that Ramza was the hero, but he was forgotten history/hidden history. It still drives me mad to this day, and I could watch Ovelia stab Delita all day. Ramza sports three appearance changes over the course of the game, and that feels like growth if nothing else.

I just think FFT has a lot of solid points with almost no drawbacks. The hardest thing for me to get used to was the portrait art style. That's like the only thing I can even think to nitpick.
By Jetackuu 2021-11-08 08:40:31
Link | Citer | R

blasphemy
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-08 08:40:57
Link | Citer | R

I mean more that you can't predict what will actually stick the landing. Yeah it's designed with a goal in mind, but the success rate is low.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-08 08:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Trisection is still one of the best songs ever composed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-08 09:04:50
Link | Citer | R

doesn't work without the bluututututut sound it made when you rotated the camera
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21994 21995 21996 ... 22638 22639 22640