Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21991 21992 21993 ... 22635 22636 22637
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-02 20:37:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ordered some handmade tangerine sours that were made to replicate the old Altoids ones and wow theyre *** good

From lofty pursuits? I've been watching the "saga" of them attempting the recipe.
Quote:
It took only 11 minutes until you crashed our servers trying to get Lofty Pursuits' Tangerine Sours.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-02 20:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Ordered some handmade tangerine sours that were made to replicate the old Altoids ones and wow theyre *** good
YES, PLEASE!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-02 20:48:25
Link | Citer | R

I just had another random "stream of consciousness" thought while trying to brainstorm ideas for my game. Looking at such sources as Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, and even Harry Potter, I got thinking...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-02 20:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

From lofty pursuits? I've been watching the "saga" of them attempting the recipe.
Quote:
It took only 11 minutes until you crashed our servers trying to get Lofty Pursuits' Tangerine Sours.

Yup. I order loads of candy from them and they never disappoint.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-11-02 21:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Why can't you just whisper it, utter it, or even just think it in your brain?
cause NPCs don't have inner monologue? duh.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-02 22:39:58
Link | Citer | R

I just had another random "stream of consciousness" thought while trying to brainstorm ideas for my game. Looking at such sources as Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, and even Harry Potter, I got thinking...

Good points. In most fantasy universes the magic systems don't even begin to make sense, and incantations are among the worst examples. I think Tolkien did a good job keeping all of that vague enough to be interesting without creating too many glaring plot holes, but there are still problems.

Harry Potter's magic system is just bad, and the more the characters explain it the less sense it makes. That's not to say I don't like Harry Potter. I just have to turn my brain off to enjoy it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-02 23:45:13
Link | Citer | R

yeah, it never makes sense in harry potter (movies) why someone could cast with words sometimes, but not all the times.

i like the way bleach did it. some could be done without incantation or the name of the spell if it was mastered, but saying the name or doing the full incantation gave it a boost. like the incantation or name is you focusing that energy and visualizing the spell making it stronger.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-03 00:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
yeah, it never makes sense in harry potter (movies) why someone could cast with words sometimes, but not all the times.

i like the way bleach did it. some could be done without incantation or the name of the spell if it was mastered, but saying the name or doing the full incantation gave it a boost. like the incantation or name is you focusing that energy and visualizing the spell making it stronger.

The focus and visualization part gives it some semblance of logic, but I think the issue Jessikah brought up is why the incantations need to be so specific in the first place. If I can visualize the exact same spell using completely different words, then shouldn't it still work?

The problem in Harry Potter is that while nonverbal spells can be achieved with mastery, the words sometimes hold more power than even a knowledge of what the spell does....
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-03 01:57:20
Link | Citer | R

I hate those auto renew subscriptions.

You are never alerted it before it automatically charges your credit card. So they managed to take extra 6$ from me.
By Shichishito 2021-11-03 03:57:07
Link | Citer | R

pro tip, cancel the subscription right after you signed up.
By Pantafernando 2021-11-03 04:10:13
Link | Citer | R

I always give them the chance of convincing me to keep paying.

Unfortunelly the trust is broken when my credit card is violated
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-03 08:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Harry Potter's magic system is just bad, and the more the characters explain it the less sense it makes. That's not to say I don't like Harry Potter. I just have to turn my brain off to enjoy it.
It's one of those things that seemed smart and imaginative when you first read or watched it because it was usually written with a very brief explanation to the audience what was happening. Only after you go back and absorb it a second time do you realize "Wait, but that wasn't the rule later on".

I originally brought up verbal components because I was looking for a way to add them into my game in a way that followed some kind of constant logic. If I want a game system to work in such a way that a player need only imagine the scenario, I want the rules to be referenced as little as possible.

D&D's magic system infuriates me with how much you have to flip back and forth through notes. Every spell has 8 rules before you even get to the effect itself, and that's usually a page in itself. As much as I keep wanting to play a spell-caster, anything beyond 3rd level is overwhelming...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-03 09:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Before Halloween is utterly insane. Though I think it's courteous to wait until after Remembrance Day (11/11), at least in Canada. If I were American I'd probably wait until after Thanksgiving.
Xmas won its war on Thanksgiving in the 1960s. Now its taking aim at Halloween.

Where is Jack Skellington when we really need him?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-03 09:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Xmas is the Disney of holidays.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-03 13:11:34
Link | Citer | R

I finally got to the bottom of the oatmeal conspiracy. It's disgusting that it took that long for them to figure out.

They WERE selling it in a 10 pack. And changed it to an 8 pack. But left the 10 pack on the webpage and never updated it.

So the 10 pack IS impossible to find. (and that's why it's being scalped on Ebay) and that's why the tracker can't find it.

(so I will probably have an unfullfillable order on amazon for eternity, lol)

I just got an email from them... it took since july to figure that out.
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry that QUAKER® LOWER SUGAR INSTANT OATMEAL FRUIT AND CREAM VARIETY PACK (10 Count | (6) Peaches & Cream, (4) Strawberries & Cream) (Discontinued 17 MAY 2021 and replaced by 8 counts).

Actually the dumbest god damn thing ever.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-03 13:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Jesse what the hell are you talking about
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-03 13:54:43
Link | Citer | R

The state of the average XIAH poster: madge over oatmeal
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-03 13:59:31
Link | Citer | R

I AM actually mad. I called these *** idiots for six months. And they couldn't figure it out.

And none of the stores by me sell it it, so I would never have known. All they had to do was update their website reflecting the change.

And what really pisses me off is walmart sends me instock notifications every couple days saying the have it, and they don't.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-03 16:58:10
Link | Citer | R

What about your Mom doing that several times?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-11-03 17:49:05
Link | Citer | R

5 yeah old Legendia
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-03 19:40:49
Link | Citer | R

why do people keep trying to mix their damn food?
By Pantafernando 2021-11-03 19:47:01
Link | Citer | R

Business logic most likely.

Instead of creating something new, what would demand a new userbase, mix two existing concepts so maybe you can have a product inheriting both parental userbase.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-03 22:12:37
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-11-04 00:20:15
Link | Citer | R

Congrats. That's one of the nicer-looking ones.

On a related note, I hate Delubrum. I am very, very sick of it, but I want all the relics before Endwalker drops. Just 23 runs to go....
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-04 00:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Never knew about the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim. Now there's some Youtube dedicated to stylishly killing him every week until Elder Scrolls 6 releases.

They're gonna be at it till they're grey in the mane.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-04 01:05:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2021-11-04 15:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Never knew about the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim. Now there's some Youtube dedicated to stylishly killing him every week until Elder Scrolls 6 releases.

They're gonna be at it till they're grey in the mane.
How did you not know about him?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2021-11-04 15:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Quote:

Yup. I order loads of candy from them and they never disappoint.
I want to order some from them. Their vids are fun to watch.
First Page 2 3 ... 21991 21992 21993 ... 22635 22636 22637