Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21924 21925 21926 ... 22712 22713 22714
By Pantafernando 2021-08-10 04:24:59
Link | Citer | R

There is a golden rule i try to follow as best as i can and that is: if you are going to do something you gonna regret in the future, just dont do it.

Alternatively, do it and dont regret.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-10 08:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
That'd be carbonic acid, lol. If it were carbolic acid the people drinking a case of soda a day would be dead. Carbonation is completely inert to a human body.
Yep you are right. I never could spell.

Not completely though, its really bad for teeth.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-10 09:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Is that the stuff that makes it so if you leave a bone or tooth in a glass of cola overnight, it turns it to rubber?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 09:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Cola also contains a couple other acids, but I do think carbonic acid alone is enough to do some damage.

As with all things in life, moderation is the key. That's what I've learned over the years. Don't deprive yourself of potato chips, but maybe don't scarf down an entire party-size bag in a day. Remember, even water is toxic at high enough volumes. I'm sure you won't mangle your teeth by drinking carbonated water, but it might if that's all you ever drink.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-08-10 09:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
went from cola to apple juice soda to just soda or water. there is a adaption phase but afterwards it's just a matter of habit what you drink.

imho if you want to break bad habits you need a strategy. first you'll want a alternative, not sure what that could be for smoking, maybe carrots, maybe chewing gum, something to keep your mouth busy. then if you have the urge for that habbit cause your brain is focused on the high take a moment and conciously think about the low. for example the sadness when you devour that last piece of choclate.
if the urge persists think about the longterm consequences like diabetus, lung cancer and the drastic reduction in live quality and expectation that come with it. makes it easier to reach for the alternative.
i feel attacked
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-10 09:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Is that the stuff that makes it so if you leave a bone or tooth in a glass of cola overnight, it turns it to rubber?
Yep but....

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Cola also contains a couple other acids, but I do think carbonic acid alone is enough to do some damage.
Those other acids do speed the process up.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 10:03:09
Link | Citer | R

I find gum honestly does a great job of keeping my mouth distracted so I don't feel obsessively compulsed to slam coffee or some other beverage down my throat every second I'm awake.

I've been saving a lot of money lately because I realized it's not stuff like booze and coffee I'm addicted to, I've just got a really bad need to keep my mouth occupied at all times.
By Shichishito 2021-08-10 10:10:11
Link | Citer | R

.....Don't take that out of context.
party pooper.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-10 10:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Carbonic acid isn't the boogeyman scary acid that they show you when you see the tooth melting experiments, that's phosphoric acid (and to a lesser extent, citric acid). Carbonic acid, like others, can and will dissolve your teeth but its effect is multiples less than the phosphoric acid and sugar found in soda. Juice and Gatorade are far more acidic and dangerous for your teeth too for the same reasons (juice is awful for you in general really). You'd need extraordinary amounts of carbonated water to cause even half of the damage that you'll get my drinking soda or juice.

Ultimately I haven't had a soda in idk how long, if I ever feel an urge to drink some I just pop a seltzer and call it a day. Tricks my brain into Feeling the Fizz™.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 10:40:50
Link | Citer | R

I used to drink ~10 cans of Pepsi a day. I still enjoy it every once in a while, particularly with pizza. Something about a fizzy beverage just goes so well with pizza for me.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-10 10:43:18
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By mhomho 2021-08-10 11:23:43
Link | Citer | R

i didnt hear no bell
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-08-10 11:30:03
Link | Citer | R

I did a thing, and now FFXI is almost ready to play on my computer again...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-10 13:03:26
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 13:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Varrick
Because every universe needs a Tony Stark
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-08-10 15:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 15:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Are there any specific controllers that do or don't work for Final Fantasy XI? I'm going to Best Buy this week and want to replace my USB controller. Should I look into something like a PS4 controller or something?
By mhomho 2021-08-10 15:58:21
Link | Citer | R

I bet an xbox controller is easier to configure for pc.
 Lakshmi.Kinjite
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kinjite 2021-08-10 16:04:08
Link | Citer | R

I tried many controllers and the only controller I could get to work right was the Xbox Enhanced controller for Windows 10 was like 40 bucks
By RadialArcana 2021-08-10 16:04:43
Link | Citer | R

I always get xbox 360 wired controller for pc on amazon when I need to replace.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-10 16:44:46
Link | Citer | R

I just setlled with a logipad just because its cheaper than damn xbox ones.

The model was ps2 based and i thought it would be hard to adapt, but it went naturally.

So i would say its not a bad choice choosing for price. Personally i wont buy any other xbox controller first because the price, second because i felt some buttons starts giving up too soon for consecutive extended plays. Or example, normally my x, l/r and analog starts becoming too loose quickly (imo)
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-08-10 16:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
I posted that shoe some pages back.

Also did you see the price?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-10 17:44:18
Link | Citer | R

legitimately just softserve in a cup instead of a cone.

The only real difference between milkshake and icecream is thickness (insofar as fastfood is concerned)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-08-10 18:11:45
Link | Citer | R

I don't get the hype around dipping fries into it either. Though I do like the Frosty itself. I usually order it in lieu of a soft drink because I've always got water with me anyway. Jeez, I don't think I've had Wendy's since this pandemic started lol
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-10 18:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
I had my first ever Frosty from Wendy's today. Is it supposed to be a milkshake or just ice cream in a cup? I was kind of confused on how to eat it because its too thick for a straw.

I also dipped a fry in it because that's all I see in the ads. Wasn't good.

Wendy's is a ripoff of a northwestern Ohio local "chain" called Kewpee. Chunky fries, square patty burgers, chili, and frostees are all "signatures" of that old chain from the 1920s that still has 3 locations in operation. Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy's, is very famously known as a child of adoption, and his restaurants have always funded adoption charities since almost day one. And since he was adopted by a family in Ohio, he was familiar with Kewpee as a child, and was his mental image for making his own chain.

Frostees are definitely a unique dessert and not meant to be similar to other ice cream based things like shakes or sundaes. And even as someone who grew up with the OG version, I'm in complete agreement that the "dipping fries in it" thing is freakin weird.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-10 18:21:58
Link | Citer | R

I don't get the hype around dipping fries into it either. Though I do like the Frosty itself. I usually order it in lieu of a soft drink because I've always got water with me anyway. Jeez, I don't think I've had Wendy's since this pandemic started lol
Contrasting. It's crazy popular (sometimes).

Quote:
When you dip a Wendy's french fry into a Frosty, the sweetness of the chocolate makes the salt of the fry really sing. It's the classic sweet and salty mix, but when you also pair that with the hot and cold combo, it's like flavor overload.

Ranch on pizza. Mayonaise fries. Frosty fries. Avocado anything. Cheese on almost anything that isn't bread. Fruit and chocolate. Hot wings with blue cheese. Salted caramel.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-10 18:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
I did a thing, and now FFXI is almost ready to play on my computer again...

If you wait 2 or 3 more days you can play for free. Not that $15 or whatever is a lot these days, but still. If that is what had been keeping you (or anyone else) away, they run these campaigns just to get people to come back so you may as well utilize them. Normally I'll resub after the 10 days is up, play a month or two and then let it go until next free-to-play as by that time I'm already bored again of daily chores and running my 55th character through story up to Reisenjima.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21924 21925 21926 ... 22712 22713 22714