Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21912 21913 21914 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Draylo 2021-07-27 15:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Trying to download FFXI on my new laptop and in put in google "download ffxi" and it auto corrects to FFXIV :|
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-27 16:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Some new custom FFXI figures, they look good but not sure the front of them looks off but maybe need to see them in person
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-07-27 16:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Some new custom FFXI figures, they look good but not sure the front of them looks off but maybe need to see them in person

Of all the mobs you could have picked, the tree?!
By Draylo 2021-07-27 16:55:51
Link | Citer | R

lol I'm getting all the Delve NMs, because they were my favorite content in the game. They just happened to finish that one first because its probably the easiest being its just a tree with an eye.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-07-27 17:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Guess my years in the military

based on friends/family who were military, i'm curious... could you even make a guess at how many different jabs you were given, or all the diff things you were given? some of the talking points that are given at the moment about forcing vaccines on soldiers makes me laugh a bit, when as my uncle would tell it, "i asked them what was in the shot they were giving to me, and they yelled "next!". then i got 10 more shots from different nurses that same day.".

probably a little background will help:

1. I didn't enter the military until I had finished both my undergraduate and graduate degrees, so I was 25, not a wide-eyed, all-trusting 18 year old.

2. I was a musician in the Navy. Non-deployable, so there while I did go through boot camp and all the "standard" inoculations associated with that time, since I was never sent overseas I didn't have to worry about many things other servicemen and women do.

At least for me, and very much likely due to my age and prior education before indoctrination, I never once felt "forced" into a decision I didn't agree with. Again- maybe because I was experienced enough (or at least more than my fellow recruits) to know I always had an out. Not a pleasant one, mind you...but there was a way. Pair that with me being able to constantly say to myself, "you made this choice knowing what came with it, this shouldn't surprise you" and yes, I can with full confidence say I wasn't ever forced into something.

When I cited my time in the military possibly being one reason why I'm more comfortable with mandatory vaccination, the primary reason is that greater sense of others one gains with military service. All that constant drilling and reminding that there is a "big picture" to things- that way of thinking does stick with you.

But don't confuse my dedication to my personal decision as confidence or faith that the government I worked for had my best interests at heart. I found a way to make a living for myself and a family by doing what I loved, so I took it. I hadn't reached the proficiency to where I could make that living in the civilian world due to so few positions in the country that were a) open, b) provided health insurance, and c) that I could win. So playing in a military band was my way...and I knew it came with requirements I wouldn't see (at that time) in the civilian world.

As far as how many inoculations I received during my time in- about a half dozen at boot camp, required annual flu vaccinations, and some members of my command went on a South Pacific concert tour and had to take extras prior.

....they never took the Bassoonists on the fun stuff ^^

I was inoculated while in the Navy for all of the standard stuff, and that good ole penicillin shot. "The Peanut Butter Shot."

Then when I got to my actual command posting on the USS Florida I was inoculated for Anthrax along with every disease I could possibly encounter in Africa or Southeast Asia.

Inoculation in the military isn't for your personal sake, though you do benefit, it's so that you don't pose an increased risk for your unit. You're considered the DoD's property, more or less.

Never was fond of that, and it wound up being a waste of taxpayer money too, as my submarine spent most of my enlistment in drydock/refit, and I never did get to see its forward deployment point at Diego Garcia.

You and I have wildly different life experiences, so differing perspectives are expected. I'm not going to comment on this further after this, but basically I've worked frontline with the public for the entirety of the pandemic, and have had some of the people I work with be infected by COVID. The measures taken during the pandemic are largely unhelpful, and with the current airings in the media it seems the veracity of the vaccine that they also want to mandate is tenuous at best. I'm all for it if it makes people's perception change, and they take back their freedoms.

What's the point of falling in line with mandates for experiment after experiment, living with fear and stressing out over what's ultimately beyond even the government's control?

Anyway, the original jumping off point was that you compared dressing for work with being coerced into taking a vaccination. It is in no way the same thing, as some people cannot take vaccines. In the military it's necessary due to potential for combat against biological weapons. In civilian life it should be unnecessary, especially if you work away from the public, and perhaps except for if you work with the sick.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-07-27 17:42:25
Link | Citer | R

I wanted one of these. Not sure what to do with it other than making chicken skewers.

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 19:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Mark Rober always doin the coolest ***.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-27 22:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Do they WANT to get cursed? because this is how you get cursed. Helllllll naw.
I wonder how that works. Can I blame any future bad luck on the angry spirits of the people whose remains were under a house for which I designed the roof framing at a distance four provinces over? You'd think my hands are so far from desecrating those corpses they wouldn't care.

Of course, I'm trying to consider the logic of a completely fictional movie made almost 40 years ago. I think if the spirits of Native North Americans were actually vengeful, they'd be going after the early Canadians responsible for killing thousands of their children.
By Jetackuu 2021-07-27 22:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Today I learned that one of the job sites to which I am sending roof trusses just dug up a bunch of bones. They're building the house on ancient indigenous burial grounds. Which, incidentally, is the plot to my favourite horror movie >_>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Update: They've found the remains of 8 people so far.

I've been asked to reduce the pitch of the roof so they can stop digging further down while maintaining the maximum height of the house.
Go in to the light!
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-07-27 23:27:59
Link | Citer | R

nvm
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-07-28 03:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-28 08:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Never can tell about vengeful spirits.
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-07-28 10:28:35
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-28 14:49:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-28 16:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Except for the branding THOSE SHOES ROCK!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-28 18:13:06
Link | Citer | R

RIP Dusty Hill...
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-07-28 19:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
nvm
You posted needles and must have come to your senses to edit them out, smart man.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 20:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Oh the FF 123 Pixel remasters drop today, that's fun
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-29 05:56:29
Link | Citer | R

They look kinda bad imo, the PSP ones looked better
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-29 08:58:20
Link | Citer | R

A lot of my friends have a particular game franchise that they're always associated with. Like, as soon as news breaks, everyone floods that person messages. One's into Zelda games, another's Dragon Quest, another is everything by Hideo Kojima, etc.

I really wanted something like that for myself. The most games I've clocked in are from the Final Fantasy franchise. And I've liked most of the ones I've played. But it felt like such a monumental and unrewarding task to try and play each one. Then I realized that aside from (of the ones I haven't yet beaten) IX, VI, and maybe IV, I've heard more bad than good.

Especially among the earlier Final Fantasies, do any of them really hold up outside of nostalgia? Which ones are really worth playing?
By Viciouss 2021-07-29 09:12:52
Link | Citer | R

FF9 is good just for Vivi's story, and its cheap on steam/psn right now. FF6 is a great game, I haven't played it in years and years, not sure how well it has aged, or where the best place to play it would be, likely steam. FF4 is..skippable. But you can easily play it on emulation, that's what I would do. I wouldn't pay for it.
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-07-29 09:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Nope. posted an article, but had links to other nsfw articles
[+]
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-07-29 09:25:44
Link | Citer | R

imo, I hold the DQ series in a higher place than FF, atleast in the NES era.
Dragon Quest 11 is a really good RPG addition to any good rpg collection. latest version of it can be played in the new way, a hybrid way to old DQ, or even be pushed to a 2D Classic DQ mode.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-07-29 14:40:52
Link | Citer | R

A lot of my friends have a particular game franchise that they're always associated with. Like, as soon as news breaks, everyone floods that person messages. One's into Zelda games, another's Dragon Quest, another is everything by Hideo Kojima, etc.

I really wanted something like that for myself. The most games I've clocked in are from the Final Fantasy franchise. And I've liked most of the ones I've played. But it felt like such a monumental and unrewarding task to try and play each one. Then I realized that aside from (of the ones I haven't yet beaten) IX, VI, and maybe IV, I've heard more bad than good.

Especially among the earlier Final Fantasies, do any of them really hold up outside of nostalgia? Which ones are really worth playing?

It's all a matter of preference, obviously, but after doing 100%-ish runs of all of them I would recommend V and VII.

V doesn't get nearly enough love, but the job system is the best of the era. VII gets trashed on for being overrated, but it's the flagship of the series for a reason. I have nostalgia for a few of the others, but not enough hard reasons to justify recommending them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-07-29 15:00:29
Link | Citer | R

On a related note, I should point out that FFVII has an incredibly good mod called the "New Threat Mod". I liked it even more than the original because it basically takes an already good game and adds an incredible number of features that make it even more enjoyable. The mod creator has been actively working on it for seven years and is very responsive to requests for QoL features and bug fixes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-29 15:23:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-29 15:47:02
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21912 21913 21914 ... 22553 22554 22555