Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21853 21854 21855 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-02 13:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Who you goin to see??

EDIT: NVM I googled Global Citizen, sounds cool.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-05-02 13:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Who you goin to see??

EDIT: NVM I googled Global Citizen, sounds cool.

Yeah, not a huge fan of J Lo or Selena Gomez, but Eddie Vedder & Foo Fighters are playing, so that should be cool.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-02 15:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Epilepsy
Did you know that Epilepsy has a color? Well according to this tone-deaf palette it does.
Diggin' PTSD myself.

Jesus if that were to be followed, I'd be THRILLED to be an epileptic lol!

....in general, and definitely when compared with my other suffering options.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-03 16:58:42
Link | Citer | R

I often find myself playing cat related videos just to see the look on my cats face....

"what was that... I hear another cat.... where is it!?"
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-03 17:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I often find myself playing cat related videos just to see the look on my cats face....

"what was that... I hear another cat.... where is it!?"

BINGO. Mine just scowl at me with the look that says "dat *** best not be moving in..."
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-05-04 00:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-05-04 01:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Random thought for today
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-05-04 09:44:10
Link | Citer | R

how did someone post in P+R? were the gates open for like 0.005 seconds?!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-04 10:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
how did someone post in P+R? were the gates open for like 0.005 seconds?!

I always think that it'll open and there will be no alert. Just to see how long it takes to notice.

But I never want to be the one to look.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-05-04 10:44:19
Link | Citer | R

May the 4th of May be with you all!

...Wait.
[+]
By Viciouss 2021-05-04 11:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Premiere of Bad Batch ran a little long, but you can jump right into it, no previous viewings of Clone Wars are required. Tho everyone should watch Clone Wars. Not sure what the overall arc of this show is going to be, but they have no plot armor or upcoming Canon to bump into, so it could be a lot of fun.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-05-04 14:09:10
Link | Citer | R

By Rips 2021-05-04 14:46:45
Link | Citer | R

I’ve never seen Star Wars. Fite me.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-05-04 17:38:48
Link | Citer | R

You aren't missing much. First trilogy was great, but it went downhill from there. Extended universe is best
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-05-04 18:37:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if it makes me a hipster or whatever, but I'm really, really tired of Star Wars and kinda wish it would die to make room for other media with hopefully more cohesive universes. Like King said above, the original trilogy is fun and creative, and the extended universe lends itself to a more grounded ruleset.

So many media out there die out when they have one or two bad releases in a row. But that's fine, since if something is creatively dead, it makes room for other people to try similar things. Star Wars has gone 41 years since its last good movie, but they're still crowding the "knights, but in space" market because too many people (including me, I'm guilty as well) just keep giving them money to see ***like Solo in hopes that "this will be the one!"

I apologize for being a downer on Star Wars Day. I don't mean to start any fights. This is purely, purely subjective.

Incidentally, I'd spent most of my life wondering why Star Wars didn't have an RTS based on its universe. Then about 5 years ago I realized it does. And it's scored by Frank Klepacki. And it's pretty fun.
By Viciouss 2021-05-04 18:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Kathleen Kennedy has done a lot of damage to the brand, I don't know why they haven't fired her.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-05-04 19:04:17
Link | Citer | R

I saw Star Wars on first release.

All those Fx were like FIRST TIME!

It was a rather OMFGWOW! experience.

Lifetime SCi-Fi fan too boot.

After the opening sequence first time EVERYTHING ELSE paled. Not that it wasn't good or anything. Just hella of an opening move.

P. S. Han shot first.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-04 19:07:16
Link | Citer | R

I've loved SW since I was a kid and I loved the MMO Star Wars Galaxies. I was so excited for the new trilogy but when I saw the EP7 I was like ok... not good but not too bad I guess. Then when the next one came out it just died for me completely, so bad. The Mandolorian has kinda made it more fun for me again but they really need to tread lightly from now on or they might ruin it. The video game jedi: fallen order, was also a big hit for me. They can do some good with what they have but they really damaged the main series very badly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-05-04 19:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Adding to my opinion above: I'm just a really, really boring person. Whether a piece of fiction is high or low fantasy, my brain is always trying to fit the puzzle-pieces together. I sooner fall in love with a story with a really well-established universe than a story with strong characters.

To me, Star Wars and Harry Potter each have really cool ideas that I kinda wish were written by someone like Tolkien. If they sat down and etched in concrete rules for how their magic and technology worked, I'd probably really like them. When part of your drama stems from the limitations of your characters, you had better maintain that limitation henceforth. And none of that Anime bullcrap where you just make up new, arbitrary limitations every episode.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-05-04 20:34:31
Link | Citer | R

i've never watched a single star trek.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-04 20:44:05
Link | Citer | R

I like Trek cause it's more Sci-Reality; Future

But Wars is ok too, it's just pure Sci-Fantasy

They're really completely opposite for as comparable as they are. One is the eventual human race working together to move the species forward, the other is just a couple space wizards. Good for different reasons.

Like everything in trek is at least possible where as wars is just literal magic. lightsaber would evaporate your body just by wielding it. (without said literal magic)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-05-04 21:13:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-04 22:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of the 4th and Star Wars, I started to collect hot toys and wow they do some incredible work for the SW figures, I think that and Marvel are their biggest things

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-05-04 22:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Adding to my opinion above: I'm just a really, really boring person. Whether a piece of fiction is high or low fantasy, my brain is always trying to fit the puzzle-pieces together. I sooner fall in love with a story with a really well-established universe than a story with strong characters.

To me, Star Wars and Harry Potter each have really cool ideas that I kinda wish were written by someone like Tolkien. If they sat down and etched in concrete rules for how their magic and technology worked, I'd probably really like them. When part of your drama stems from the limitations of your characters, you had better maintain that limitation henceforth. And none of that Anime bullcrap where you just make up new, arbitrary limitations every episode.

Rant mode activate!

I mostly agree with this sentiment. I'm a big fan of LotR and Middle Earth lore in general, but if I had to play devil's advocate I'd say that it got really tiring trying to muddle through the many, many references to people, places, and events that Tolkien threw into the main novels that seemingly had no bearing on the plot. I remember decades ago trying to find every place that was referenced in the trilogy in the included maps and not being able to locate half of them. It took me many years and a lot of additional study to learn to appreciate the insane depth.

As for more contemporary fantasy, there are two things that grate on me. The first is the magic systems. I'm a weirdo that thinks the magic should at least make some kind of logical sense (I'm looking at you, spells that require magic words). Instead, it often ends up with an arbitrary set of rules that aid as convenient plot devices for every deus ex machina that a writer needs to get their characters out of sticky situation. Even worse is when the magic and/or abilities make absolutely no sense and the author tries to explain in-universe why they do make sense, not only destroying the mystique but also treating the readers/viewers like they're idiots (I had a friend who had me watch some Naruto, which has strong examples of this).

Secondly, why the frick do so many properties use the same fantasy races? Elves, orcs, dwarves, etc.... If you're going to write fantasy and claim it as an original creation then use a little creativity at least. That being said, I know the FF series borrows a lot from fantasy and mythology (as do many others), but there's a fine line between ripping off and paying homage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-04 22:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
O_O;

Poor Yoda....
[+]
By Rips 2021-05-05 01:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Oh I just got in the trek bandwagon and I’m loving it.

I started with Voyager and I’m on season 3 already.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21853 21854 21855 ... 22553 22554 22555