Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20895 20896 20897 ... 22635 22636 22637
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 19:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Idk, if the tooltip for Blackest Night is to be believed, they get a Thrill of Battle every 20 seconds that produces 50 Blood. They lost a lot, yeah, but also more abilities are being affected by Dark Arts, and the Dark Arts cooldown time is going down by a second, so it'll be easier to weave. Also getting another MP resource in the new delirium. I'm pretty excited to try it out, even if it'll feel a little less awesome.
Keep in mind that it costs the same amount to cast it as it takes to use DA so there's an opportunity cost there. Also, you only get the blood gauge increase if the shield is broken (so 20% of your hp or 10% of your target's hp has to be chunked out within 5 seconds)
Is that concrete that it has to break, what we have for the tooltip only reads, "When the effect expires."

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Blackest Night is a great utility ability and something that DRK is really going to be leaning on in the coming weeks. The 50 blood is more of a bonus than anything though, Dark Arts is too expensive to be able to rely on it too much especially when you'll be spending Dark Arts on the abilities that Blood allow you to use as well. I can't really equate it to Thrill of Battle since it is not a persistent effect like ToB, it is more akin to Stoneskin.

The cooldown timer isn't a limiter for Dark Arts, though, MP cost is. You can pretty much always have Dark Arts up for any ability you can afford to spend it on as it is; increasing the pool of Dark Arts-able abilities is actually going to be an issue in the longrun as a result of this.

And yeah Delirium is really nice, however it also has drawbacks. You're spending a 520 potency attack in order to use it, which is great when you need MP but is still a pretty heavy associated cost. It'd be similar to having to spend Beast Gauge to pop Equilibrium on WAR (which I'm shocked they didn't do tbh).
Well, they kind of did. Depending on what you want to use equilibrium for, and when you need it, you'd have to swap. Not too biggie if you're not built up to do attacks or just got done, but if you are and you need that heal now, can't just bop over and do it without losing the ability to do your attacks.

The way I see it, all of the tanks kinda got this curve to them, where they have to either funnel resources towards attacks or towards preservation. I mean, PLD's new spell for offense, they only have riot blade as far as I know, to get MP back. Yeah, they're going to be doing that, but if they aren't MTing and have to do literally anything else, they have to make sure they got MP for Flash. If they are MTing, they have to make sure they hold hate, and we're taking another ATP hit. So I think we'll see a lot of PLD's having problems with resource management at the start.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Flash for...? Maybe fights with a lot of adds I guess but Flash has never been a good method of picking up adds unless there's more than one. As far as enmity generation, it's going to be a non issue considering the Off Tank can now toss Shadewalker onto the Main Tank and share their own enmity generation with them. Both of PLD's primary DPS combos are now tied to Riot Blade, which is huge. This is also before considering Sheltron which, in dire straits, would be a nice surge of MP recovery, though I don't see it being used over Interception very often. Recovering MP is going to be really easy. The most PLD needs to worry about rotation or resource management wise will be when to pop Interception.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Also I didn't even consider this, but someone pointed it out to me: NIn and MNK are getting major benefits from the Skill Speed changes, this I know, however... *** PLD. Sword Oath is enormous, and it's going to get even better in terms of damage bonus AND oath gauge generation.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 19:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Flash for...? Maybe fights with a lot of adds I guess but Flash has never been a good method of picking up adds unless there's more than one. As far as enmity generation, it's going to be a non issue considering the Off Tank can now toss Shadewalker onto the Main Tank and share their own enmity generation with them. Both of PLD's primary DPS combos are now tied to Riot Blade, which is huge. Recovering MP is going to be really easy. The most PLD needs to worry about rotation or resource management wise will be when to pop Interception.
Shirk is only a 25% hate share, and if the OT isn't generating appreciable hate, then it's almost like doing nothing. That's really more of a swap solidifier in my eyes.
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-06-15 19:39:28
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:40:04
Link | Citer | R

That would be implying that Shadewalker itself wasn't a powerful utility skill before, which it was. Sure it's 25% vs 80%, however, we're talking about burst opening enmity here, which you only need to build sufficiently. It allowed good tanks to forfeit their opening enmity combo in favor of a debuff or a DoT, and an OT can easily be made to generate enough hate to make it worthwhile. I wouldn't mind dropping a single Storm's Path in order to give my MT a Butcher's Block if it helps them push out another Holy Spirit; gaining more potency than I lose. The bonus is compounded further by having an actual NIN in the party.

After that you'd be looking at something like Goring -> Royal -> Halone -> Royal -> Halone -> Goring -> with the big Requiescat -> Holy Spirit bursts in between.
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-15 19:42:50
Link | Citer | R

That, and the shift from VIT/STR to STR and the removal of access to STR accessories means tank damage in general is going to be piss poor as DPS continue to gain primary stat in 5 more slots.

One thing I've been hearing a lot from the Media Tour and Susano'o testimonies is that hates been a pain to maintain while tanking like they were in 3.0.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:48:01
Link | Citer | R

This is also operating under the assumption that they plan to fix WAR and DRK. If I'm forced to run as PLD then the MT PLD would almost always have to be in Shield Oath while the OT Sword Oath DPSes. This would still be pretty favorable; a MT PLD can afford to use all of their gauge on Sheltron for MP recovery and their Holy Spirit spam will generate almost an entire full gauge by the end of Requiescat which can then be spent on refilling MP.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 19:48:39
Link | Citer | R

That would be implying that Shadewalker itself wasn't a powerful utility skill before, which it was. It allowed good tanks to forfeit their opening enmity combo in favor of a debuff or a DoT, and an OT can easily be made to generate enough hate to make it worthwhile. I wouldn't mind dropping a single Storm's Path in order to give my MT a Butcher's Block if it helps them push out another Holy Spirit; gaining more potency than I lose.
Shadewalker is an 80% active sharing skill. Shirk is a 25% drop. It can only be used once enmity is built, at least according to the tooltip info we have. Like sure, it'll be helpful, but probably not in an opener.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:51:06
Link | Citer | R

If that's the case I think it will actually be even more useful tbh, especially with a DRK OT. Maybe not for an opening enmity burst, but in the long run in will mitigate PLD and WAR's need to avoid its enmity combo for maximum DPS.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 19:55:54
Link | Citer | R

It'd be awful with a DRK OT, DRK OT never uses its hate combo unless necessary for a swap. Pretty much only useful with a WAR OT, assuming they aren't now going to be spamming only Path when Eye isn't about to fall off.

Course, you could do some funny ***with have two provokes on the bar. Like if you wanted to, you could use one of the provokes as the OT, and then Shirk onto the MT at regular intervals.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 20:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone keeping track of all this FFXIV talk?

All I get is the one job I have even somewhat leveled (52) being nerfed to hell.

Makes me a sad panda.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 20:26:24
Link | Citer | R

It's not being nerfed into hell, so much as being reigned back in like pretty much everybody figured it would be someday. It's more that one job is getting the best goodies, and the other ones are getting rocks.
By Ackeron 2017-06-15 20:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Just a heads up, since the launch of Early Access for Stormblood is in 8 hours I want to remind everyone to please avoid posting spoilers.

If you do post a spoiler and the post is reported it will be removed, regardless of the spoiler being in a spoiler BBcode. If you use the spoiler BBcode no action will be taken against your account when the post is removed. If you blatantly spam story spoilers it will result in actions taken against your account.

Honestly this is nothing new. We have been following this kind of guideline for things like Screenshots for XI and for other huge game and movie releases such as Starwars Episode 7 and Metalgear Solid 4. I'm just taking this time to remind you to please be considerate.

Thanks in advance.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-06-15 20:57:12
Link | Citer | R

It'd be awful with a DRK OT, DRK OT never uses its hate combo unless necessary for a swap. Pretty much only useful with a WAR OT, assuming they aren't now going to be spamming only Path when Eye isn't about to fall off.

Course, you could do some funny ***with have two provokes on the bar. Like if you wanted to, you could use one of the provokes as the OT, and then Shirk onto the MT at regular intervals.
I have caused a wipe doing this, yes.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 21:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-06-15 21:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-06-15 21:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 21:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-06-15 21:26:32
Link | Citer | R

By Viciouss 2017-06-15 21:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »
Honestly this is nothing new. We have been following this kind of guideline for things like Screenshots for XI and for other huge game and movie releases such as Starwars Episode 7 and Metalgear Solid 4. I'm just taking this time to remind you to please be considerate.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, MGS4 huh? Thats an old one, showing your age there buddy.
By Bloodrose 2017-06-15 21:31:59
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-15 21:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Every time I think about going back to 14, I just remember my server was dead, my FC blew up, and all of my friends quit. I would be going back to be desolation. Its like being a Bastokian.
By Bloodrose 2017-06-15 21:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Or a Bismarckian.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 21:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Hey! I'm a proud Bastok Hume! I also had a proud Bastok Galka. and a proud Bastok Elvaan.

Bastok BESTok!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 21:46:22
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
By Viciouss 2017-06-15 21:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Hey! I'm a proud Bastok Hume! I also had a proud Bastok Galka. and a proud Bastok Elvaan.

Bastok BESTok!

Desolation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 21:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Can't use Deliverance in PvP anymore... lmao