Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20894 20895 20896 ... 22636 22637 22638
By Jetackuu 2017-06-15 14:44:20
Link | Citer | R

lolchrome
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2017-06-15 15:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
lolchrome
Chrome is sexy
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2017-06-15 15:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Standard RDM weapons look basic af.
cant find the datamine for em ;/
Linked you a model viewer in PM... idk if it would be fine to link here since technically 3ed party?
kept "error"ing me lol
but got a glimpse of a few,
If you're using Chrome, switch to Firefox. It appears to not be very compatible with Chrome for some reason.
i use firefox, quit chrome years ago

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-06-15 16:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
PSN being a ***.
Well, stop trying to hack into it.

I mean, sure, it's easy to do it. Lizard Squad does it all the *** time, and they are a bunch of retards.

Also, stop being Oklahoman. Get a real state!
At least I'm not a Texan.
Yeah, why should you be as awesome as me? When you can be a tard like yourself!
Texas *** sucks, but it is at least better than Oklahoma.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 16:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Haven't used IE in a long time, but from my experience, all of the browsers are pretty much the same with different looks and different system demands. Firefox started derping out me in ways that IE and now Chrome, never have, and I was too lazy to fix it. Little to no issues with Chrome over like half a decade, so I use Chrome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 16:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Haven't used IE in a long time, but from my experience, all of the browsers are pretty much the same with different looks and different system demands.
Not IE. It's still just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as it was with Windows XP.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-06-15 16:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Haven't used IE in a long time, but from my experience, all of the browsers are pretty much the same with different looks and different system demands.
Not IE. It's still just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as it was with Windows XP.
But now it's Edgier~
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 17:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Double PLD meta here we come
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-15 17:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Just like how MNK SMN SCH AND WHM are all totally dead jobs. And totally not an over reactions. AT ALL.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 17:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Do you even play tank jobs? The disparity between a PLD and a DRK/WAR, especially for lesser skilled or more accident-prone groups, is enormous. Don't even try to trivialize it with ignorance. PLD offers far more at far less cost than either DRK or WAR.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-15 17:52:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking I'm going to wait until we get our hands on ***before we start assuming things.

I seem to recall a lot of PLD hype going into HW until we learned their kit was ***for how the fights actually played out.

I also seem to recall a lot of negative views on DRKs potential, but that ended up being best MT for two solid years.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 17:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Neither of those things were as apparent or disparate as the current situation.

Fact: PLD deals upwards of 20-25% more DPS than its closest competitor, WAR.

Fact: PLD has more utility and group-wide support than either DRK or WAR.

Fact: PLD has more stable mitigation than DRK.

Fact: PLD pays the least by switching stances out of any of the 3 tanks.

None of the mystical sky fairy magic of "lets see how they play" that people like you are spouting off about will counteract any of these points, except in AoE centric fights where WAR could pull ahead in DPS.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-15 17:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Also, 'you don't play a job actively so what do you know?' I'm sorry, did we jump back in time to 2005?
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-06-15 17:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Maybe all the PLDs I knew were just crap, but they were never doing good damage even comparatively to the other tanks.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-06-15 17:58:36
Link | Citer | R

I miss when people had FUN playing MMOs.

Totally unrelated thought. ಠ_ಠ
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 18:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Maybe all the PLDs I knew were just crap, but they were never doing good damage even comparatively to the other tanks.

That's probably because the PLDs you knew didn't have a potency buff to every single DPS skill or access to a new 460+ potency nuke because the Stormblood patch is today.

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
I miss when people had FUN playing MMOs.

Totally unrelated thought. ಠ_ಠ

This is fine for things like duty roulettes or normal mode raids, but for things like Savage or Extreme mode primals, bringing anything but the best is a liability, especially for learning groups or non-creme-of-the-crop groups. You're not only affecting your own performance but also decreasing the chances of success for 7 other people around you. I'd rather be effective than selfish.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 18:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

None of the mystical sky fairy magic of "lets see how they play" that people like you are spouting off about will counteract any of these points, except in AoE centric fights where WAR could pull ahead in DPS.

For bolded.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-06-15 18:18:25
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

this is so cool
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 18:39:24
Link | Citer | R

For bolded.

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Switching Between Tank Stances
By: Me

Warrior:
Pros:
-+5% extra physical damage dealt when switching to Deliverance.

-+1% critical hit rate per every 10 Beast Gauge accumulated when switching to Deliverance.

-Access to Fell Cleave and Decimate, heavy physical damage finishers, when switching to Deliverance.

--20% physical damage dealt, +20% to all healing received, +25% to maximum hit points, and +25% Enmity accrued when switching to Defiance.

-+1% parry rate per every 10 Beast Gauge accumulated when switching to Defiance

-Access to Inner Beast, an on-demand mitigation tool, self heal, and moderately high potency physical finisher, and Steel Cyclone, an AoE mid range AoE physical finisher with bonus enmity accrual, when switching to Defiance.

Cons:
-On switch, halve Beast Gauge. This forces you to either spend all Beast Gauge prior to switching (thus either losing potential potency or losing access to an immediate Inner Beast) or lose up to an entire Fell Cleave/Inner Beast/Decimate/Steel Cyclone/Upheaval. This equates to a moderate to severe loss in potency or personal utility just for having the gall to switch stances.

Dark Knight:
Pros:
-+20% damage dealt and halts natural/song MP recovery while under the effects of Darkside.

-Ability to use Blood Weapon, a powerful self buff that recovers MP, increases attack speed, and increases Black Blood at a rapid rate, only usable while under the effects of Darkside.

--20% damage taken, -20% damage dealt, and +25% enmity accrual while under the effects of Grit.

-Blood Price, a heavily nerfed shell of an ability which restores MP by a portion of damage taken in addition to providing 5 points of Black Blood over the course of its duration, only usable while under the effects of Grit.

-Ability to absorb a fraction of the damage dealt by Souleater while under the effects of Grit.

Cons:
-On activating Grit, halve Black Blood. This equates to either having to spend all of your Black Blood before activating Grit, or losing up to an entire 520 effective potency attack, a 210 potency AoE attack, or a spike of MP recovery in addition to a hefty extension in either Blood Weapon or Blood Price duration.

-Costs a fairly moderate chunk of MP to activate Grit.

-Activating Grit costs 1 GCD.

Paladin:
Pros:
-Add 75 potency to all auto attacks while under the effects of Sword Oath. This is an enormous increase in DPS, superior to the raw damage+%/crit+% benefits of either Darkside or Deliverance.

-Accumulate Oath Gauge points with each auto attack while under the effects of Sword Oath.

--20% damage taken, -15% damage dealt, and +25% enmity accrual while under the effects of Shield Oath.

-Accumulate Oath Gauge when blocking an attack while under the effects of Shield Oath.

-Accumulate 20 Oath Gauge on casting Holy Spirit while under the effects of Shield Oath.

Cons:
-On switch, halve Oath Gauge. This equates to either having to spend all of your Oath Gauge before activating an oath, or losing up to a single 100% block with added MP recovery or a 10%, 15%, or 30% 6 second single target party member targeted mitigation ability.

-Activating an oath costs a moderate amount of MP.

-Activating Shield Oath or Sword Oath costs 1 GCD.

Warrior potentially loses the most out of any of the 3, managing the gauge will be a headache, especially in Main Tank scenarios. The potential of not being able to switch from Deliverance into Defiance and pop off an Inner Beast without sacrificing an entire Fell Cleave/Decimate/Steel Cyclone is enormous.

Dark Knight is in the middle, losing just about as much as Warrior DPS-wise but suffering slightly less utility-wise. However, I could also argue that Dark Knight suffers more than Warrior based on losing access to Blood Weapon in tank stance and Blood Price in DPS stance. The cost of 1 GCD is heavier for DRK than it is for PLD, whose main source of Oath DPS is attributed to Sword Oath. Also worth mentioning that activating Grit costs more MP than you make back from Blood Price, lmao.

Paladin loses next to nothing; none of its abilities are Oath dependent and both of its Oath Gauge abilities are tack-ons; the most you could argue for losing is Sheltron during a tank buster, but its value is of questionable utility to begin with outside of MP recovery.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 18:53:43
Link | Citer | R

For bolded.

The Advantages and Disadvantages of Switching Between Tank Stances
By: Me

Warrior:
Pros:
-+5% extra physical damage dealt when switching to Deliverance.

-+1% critical hit rate per every 10 Beast Gauge accumulated when switching to Deliverance.

-Access to Fell Cleave and Decimate, heavy physical damage finishers, when switching to Deliverance.

--20% physical damage dealt, +20% to all healing received, +25% to maximum hit points, and +25% Enmity accrued when switching to Defiance.

-+1% parry rate per every 10 Beast Gauge accumulated when switching to Defiance

-Access to Inner Beast, an on-demand mitigation tool, self heal, and moderately high potency physical finisher, and Steel Cyclone, an AoE mid range AoE physical finisher with bonus enmity accrual, when switching to Defiance.

Cons:
-On switch, halve Beast Gauge. This forces you to either spend all Beast Gauge prior to switching (thus either losing potential potency or losing access to an immediate Inner Beast) or lose up to an entire Fell Cleave/Inner Beast/Decimate/Steel Cyclone/Upheaval. This equates to a moderate to severe loss in potency or personal utility just for having the gall to switch stances.

Dark Knight:
Pros:
-+20% damage dealt and halts natural/song MP recovery while under the effects of Darkside.

-Ability to use Blood Weapon, a powerful self buff that recovers MP, increases attack speed, and increases Black Blood at a rapid rate, only usable while under the effects of Darkside.

--20% damage taken, -20% damage dealt, and +25% enmity accrual while under the effects of Grit.

-Blood Price, a heavily nerfed shell of an ability which restores MP by a portion of damage taken in addition to providing 5 points of Black Blood over the course of its duration, only usable while under the effects of Grit.

-Ability to absorb a fraction of the damage dealt by Souleater while under the effects of Grit.

Cons:
-On activating Grit, halve Black Blood. This equates to either having to spend all of your Black Blood before activating Grit, or losing up to an entire 520 effective potency attack, a 210 potency AoE attack, or a spike of MP recovery in addition to a hefty extension in either Blood Weapon or Blood Price duration.

-Costs a fairly moderate chunk of MP to activate Grit.

-Activating Grit costs 1 GCD.

Paladin:
Pros:
-Add 75 potency to all auto attacks while under the effects of Sword Oath. This is an enormous increase in DPS, superior to the raw damage+%/crit+% benefits of either Darkside or Deliverance.

-Accumulate Oath Gauge points with each auto attack while under the effects of Sword Oath.

--20% damage taken, -15% damage dealt, and +25% enmity accrual while under the effects of Shield Oath.

-Accumulate Oath Gauge when blocking an attack while under the effects of Shield Oath.

-Accumulate 20 Oath Gauge on casting Holy Spirit while under the effects of Shield Oath.

Cons:
-On switch, halve Oath Gauge. This equates to either having to spend all of your Oath Gauge before activating an oath, or losing up to a single 100% block with added MP recovery or a 10%, 15%, or 30% 6 second single target party member targeted mitigation ability.

-Activating an oath costs a moderate amount of MP.

-Activating Shield Oath or Sword Oath costs 1 GCD.

Warrior potentially loses the most out of any of the 3, managing the gauge will be a headache, especially in Main Tank scenarios. The potential of not being able to switch from Deliverance into Defiance and pop off an Inner Beast without sacrificing an entire Fell Cleave/Decimate/Steel Cyclone is enormous.

Dark Knight is in the middle, losing just about as much as Warrior DPS-wise but suffering slightly less utility-wise. However, I could also argue that Dark Knight suffers more than Warrior based on losing access to Blood Weapon in tank stance and Blood Price in DPS stance. The cost of 1 GCD is heavier for DRK than it is for PLD, whose main source of Oath DPS is attributed to Sword Oath. Also worth mentioning that activating Grit costs more MP than you make back from Blood Price, lmao.

Paladin loses next to nothing; none of its abilities are Oath dependent and both of its Oath Gauge abilities are tack-ons; the most you could argue for losing is Sheltron during a tank buster, but its value is of questionable utility to begin with outside of MP recovery.
When did they make Grit cost gauge? that wasn't shown in the trailer, nor in the media event stuff :o at least from what I saw.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 18:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Don't have the link to it, but in one of the E3 Susano-o fights, one of the tanks is a Dark Knight. Can see his gauge going down whenever he turns on Grit. Another problem with Black Blood is that DRK generates less Black Blood than WAR accumulates beast gauge or PLD accumulates oath gauge. Add in the nerfs to DRK's damage output and their limited party utility (The Blackest Night being the only thing, which is still more than WAR...) and you've got a nice "*** you" cocktail.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-06-15 18:56:21
Link | Citer | R

-On activating Grit, halve Black Blood. This equates to either having to spend all of your Black Blood before activating
Actually according to current tooltips and gameplay we've seen, this is not the case. DRK is the only Tank job to not lose any of their resource bar by swapping into or out of their tank stance.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 18:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Don't have the link to it, but in one of the E3 Susano-o fights, one of the tanks is a Dark Knight. Can see his gauge going down whenever he turns on Grit.
That would run contrary to the job skill trailer... 1:49

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 18:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Would be great if they don't have to pay Blood to go into tank stance, DRK is still in the worst place out of all 3 tanks even with that though, unfortunately. Their splitting and culling of some of their abilities has crushed a lot of its power, and its personal on demand mitigation potential is less than both WAR and PLD. The loss of Scourge alone is anywhere between a 6-12% DPS loss, and the loss of damage and procs on Low Blow is horrific too.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-06-15 19:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Idk, if the tooltip for Blackest Night is to be believed, they get a Thrill of Battle every 20 seconds that produces 50 Blood. They lost a lot, yeah, but also more abilities are being affected by Dark Arts, and the Dark Arts cooldown time is going down by a second, so it'll be easier to weave. Also getting another MP resource in the new delirium. I'm pretty excited to try it out, even if it'll feel a little less awesome.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-06-15 19:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Idk, if the tooltip for Blackest Night is to be believed, they get a Thrill of Battle every 20 seconds that produces 50 Blood. They lost a lot, yeah, but also more abilities are being affected by Dark Arts, and the Dark Arts cooldown time is going down by a second, so it'll be easier to weave. Also getting another MP resource in the new delirium. I'm pretty excited to try it out, even if it'll feel a little less awesome.
Keep in mind that it costs the same amount to cast it as it takes to use DA so there's an opportunity cost there. Also, you only get the blood gauge increase if the shield is broken (so 20% of your hp or 10% of your target's hp has to be chunked out within 5 seconds)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-15 19:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Blackest Night is a great utility ability and something that DRK is really going to be leaning on in the coming weeks. The 50 blood is more of a bonus than anything though, Dark Arts is too expensive to be able to rely on it too much especially when you'll be spending Dark Arts on the abilities that Blood allow you to use as well. I can't really equate it to Thrill of Battle since it is not a persistent effect like ToB, it is more akin to Stoneskin.

The cooldown timer isn't a limiter for Dark Arts, though, MP cost is. You can pretty much always have Dark Arts up for any ability you can afford to spend it on as it is; increasing the pool of Dark Arts-able abilities is actually going to be an issue in the longrun as a result of this.

And yeah Delirium is really nice, however it also has drawbacks. You're spending a 520 potency attack in order to use it, which is great when you need MP but is still a pretty heavy associated cost. It'd be similar to having to spend Beast Gauge to pop Equilibrium on WAR (which I'm shocked they didn't do tbh).
First Page 2 3 ... 20894 20895 20896 ... 22636 22637 22638