Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20871 20872 20873 ... 22708 22709 22710
By Viciouss 2017-05-31 17:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Lowering the potency of Fire 2 will just make speed runs a little longer, but its still preferable to the alternative of not having a BLM.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 17:55:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The time for Paladin has finally come again

probably switch back to it, or to drk. was PLD main for most of 2.0 until I joined my most recent raid group which required me to play WAR.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 18:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Did you see how they raped Bane? Buh-bye SMN AOE kings. Even with the the uhh Ahk Morn and stuff. Also why did they nerf Ruin III back down? That's dumb. Plus they buffed Ruin II to 100 pot, so like, bye again Ruin III, go sit in the shed. Makes Ruin IV less impressive to me.

Also yeah, I bet we gonna see the rise of PLD/DRK comp. DRK is getting a ridiculously powerful thing with Blackest Night, which grants it its own version of Fell Cleave sort of, which has the same potency in or out of Grit.

Edit: By that I mean, the ability to use it more often, like a janky version of infuriate mixed with Thrill of Battle.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 18:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Ruin IV is literally just what Ruin III used to be potency wise
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-31 18:14:17
Link | Citer | R

I definitely see PLD becoming the go-to MT for Stormblood, but I don't see Warrior going anywhere. Unless the meta shifts from damage to mitigation, WAR provides far too much raw power to be dropped.

As for SMN "changes", fuuuuuuuck me. Bane was gutted, fester got hit hard, Ruin 3 went back to the shitty potency they had to buff it from to make it good, Ruin 4 relies on RNG procs, only 2 DoTs total.

On the positive, though, we have Tri-disaster resetting CD on DWT. That alone is huge for no longer having to worry about lining the two up all the time. Enkindle recast being lowered is interesting, and we get some party utility, although I don't know what the duration is on that. Obviously Demi-Bahamut window is enormous for damage, with the ability to get two 680 potency attacks combined with his very strong 160 air hump. I'm still really upset that our general use AoE was hit so absurdly hard, but maybe our specialized window damage will make up for it. Fingers crossed.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 18:22:59
Link | Citer | R

The thing about the Warrior changes is that they aren't adding anything to it to offset what they took. The Berserk change is a nerf, Proth already mathed that, and it wasn't hard to think about it being nerf anyway, since the pacification problem was solved by good bards before this etc.

Since its super DPS ability that lets it do all those back to back Fell Cleaves shares a timer with Unchained, you'll no longer be using it to start fights and shift to the other tank for more DPS combos etc.

Since stance swapping directly decreases its output, that's another loss. The fact that Samurai and Ninja must both do the slashing debuff as part of their rotation make the WAR one less valuable.

They nerfed Storm's Path even, which was WAR's utility outside of sexy damage and the slashing debuff. They also nerfed Inner Beast's self heal again.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 18:29:20
Link | Citer | R

basically..
-WHM, WAR, and SMN got devastated
-most other classes got buffs or are at least kept average
-PLD, AST, and BRD got ascended to godhood
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-31 18:30:35
Link | Citer | R

They also removed the STR down from Rage of Halone and DRK no longer applies an INT down. It looks like a lot of the mitigation is going to be from DPS cross-role abilities, instead.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 18:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I definitely see PLD becoming the go-to MT for Stormblood, but I don't see Warrior going anywhere. Unless the meta shifts from damage to mitigation, WAR provides far too much raw power to be dropped.

DRK MT, PLD OT. PLD gained so much DPS potency that it can easily replace WAR especially when adding in its new party utility skills. It synergizes extremely well with the MT as an OT between Cover, Intervention, and Passage of Arms. DRK still loses the least by sitting in Grit while gaining excellent DPS (even while in Grit, Bloodspiller having the same effective potency in or out of Grit) and some decent party support through The Blackest Night.

Warrior has 0 party utility outside of a Slashing debuff that 2 other classes can already do (both of which HAVE to do it as part of their rotation now...) and the damage output would have to be enormous compared to PLD or DRK for it to remain a viable slotin.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 18:36:18
Link | Citer | R

This is also ignoring that WAR doesn't have little things like Bloodbath anymore, which was actually a pretty significant amount of self healing when used properly.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 18:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

DRK MT, PLD OT. PLD gained so much DPS potency that it can easily replace WAR especially when adding in its new party utility skills. It synergizes extremely well with the MT as an OT between Cover, Intervention, and Passage of Arms. DRK still loses the least by sitting in Grit while gaining excellent DPS (even while in Grit, Bloodspiller having the same effective potency in or out of Grit) and some decent party support through The Blackest Night.

Warrior has 0 party utility outside of a Slashing debuff that 2 other classes can already do (both of which HAVE to do it as part of their rotation now...) and the damage output would have to be enormous compared to PLD or DRK for it to remain a viable slotin.
DUde if the tooltip for Blackest night is to be believed, DRK got Thrill of Battle on a 15 second cooldown, though it only lasts for 5 seconds, it can be put on the DRK himself. When its effect ends, the DRK gets 50 Blood Gauge. It's ridiculous.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-31 18:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Apparently there is a LOT of mistranslation going on right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6eikhq/famitsu_website_posted_tooltips_in_japanese_and/

If anybody knows Japanese and can decipher the source article, hopefully we can get a better idea of what exactly is going on.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, some mistranslation was obvious, like in the new Delirium tip in English. I don't think much of it is going to be wrong though.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-05-31 19:06:24
Link | Citer | R

So far, there's a good amount.

Foe's Requiem is a 3% increase in damage an enemy takes, not a decrease in the damage it deals.

MCH GAINS 20% damage when overheated instead of losing 20%.

Diurnal Sect is 10% healing potency, not 15%.

Garuda's Contagion replacement is 10% more magic damage taken, not 5%. Fester seems to be wrong, too, as it's clearly dealing more than Painflare in any demonstration videos.

Delirium extends Blood Weapon by 8s and Blood Price by 16s.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 19:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but all of those were either obvious or not changing incoming problemos. I mean, they do preface everything with, "Subject to change at release(and after)." So we do gotta wait for concrete, but it certainly isn't looking favorable for quite a few jobbos.

I'm just constantly amazed by SE. I seriously thought they were just going to make everything good, and have two competing meta comps, instead of what we're about to get lol, Which, as far as I can tell, is going to be the same Meta Comp, though possibly replacing DRG with SAM, due to SAM bout to be all up in here like a powerhouse wrecking machine. I mean they are nerfing Disembowl. And obviously replacing WAR with PLD. @_@;
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 19:49:46
Link | Citer | R

I did notice in all the tooltips that we can currently , see in English, none of the slashing debuff tooltips make mention of, "Cannot be Stacked with the others." Like they do right now, so if somehow SE is crazy enough to make all 3 slashing debuffs stack, that would be ridiculous lol
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-31 20:06:04
Link | Citer | R

Okay, but how is pps looking for all of those devastated classes?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-05-31 20:16:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm predicting AST/AST to be healer meta comp this patch.

Whoever the hell thought it was a good idea to put 10% healing bonus on Diurnal is stupid. And buffing Nocturnal to 15%.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 20:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Looking at the MTQ vids, looks like almost every class is suffering some pretty large raw losses in their old skills.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 20:31:48
Link | Citer | R

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6eeudv/ffxiv_stormblood_role_analysis_tanks/diafsx9/

holy *** idiots
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 20:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I'm predicting AST/AST to be healer meta comp this patch.

Whoever the hell thought it was a good idea to put 10% healing bonus on Diurnal is stupid. And buffing Nocturnal to 15%.
Maybe, but I don't think so, unless the fairies become nearly useless. I mean, technically right now, if LB gauge is unimportant, you don't need to have every job be different, so the meta comp is actually like, DRK WAR or WAR x2, then NIN DRG MCH MCH AST AST. People like to take that LB gauge into account, because it's generally needed in the raid fights. /shrug it's hard to tell till we hit concrete.

I've just got this bad taste in my mouth that is reminiscent of the tank nerf back when Midas came out or whatever. When we login for Stormblood, we're going to be sitting weaker at 60 than we are right now, and we won't creep over our current power till like mid to late 60s with appropriate skill and gear upgrades lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-31 20:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
I'm just constantly amazed by SE.
Seriously? You are amazed at the same company that produced Puppetmaster, PUPPETFUCKINGMASTER for crying out loud.

Hell, DRG was bad in it's hayday, but PUP? That's the redheaded stepchild of a family of redheaded stepchildren. Not even Cthulhu would look at it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 20:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Seriously? You are amazed at the same company that produced Puppetmaster, PUPPETFUCKINGMASTER for crying out loud.

Hell, DRG was bad in it's hayday, but PUP? That's the redheaded stepchild of a family of redheaded stepchildren. Not even Cthulhu would look at it.
Actually PUP became ridiculously good as time went on, especially if you had all of the attachments for it. It was only a joke when it first came out, and that was mainly due to how its gearing situation was at first. Like its best gear on release was Paluwahn stuff from Assault, and then eventually Usukane when Salvage dropped.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-05-31 20:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Also I'm salty that a lot of jobs are losing attacks, cause we're losing some of the coolest animations. Like I'm a big fan of Dancing Edge, Scourge, and Phlebotomize... and they're all gonna be gone :)
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-31 20:50:11
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of phleb, rip 820 potency/minute
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-31 20:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

pup still more useful than dragoon
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 20:55:09
Link | Citer | R

WAR Nerfs:
-Mainstat contribution adjustment (STR+VIT -> all STR) without being able to wear STR accessories
-Large Berserk nerf
-Removal of Brutal Swing and Mercy Stroke
-Removal of Internal Release
-Stance dancing cost added

New abilities:
-Onslaught is nearly worthless. Will be good for fights where adds pop across the room midfight, nothing else.
-Shake it Off would be more useful if Esuna-like abilities actually removed devastating ailments such as Determination Down all the time.
-Upheaval is a shittier version of Spirits Within.
-Inner Release is good, the only gem in a pile of hardened dog ***.
-Enhanced Infuriate is also good, but in all practicality will make little difference overall.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-31 20:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Okay, but again, how's PPS looking?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-31 20:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I just wanted to get on the lolpup bandwagon.

Now that I got it to 99....finally....
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-05-31 20:59:58
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand why you bother asking, none of Warrior's potencies got increased. Potency over time is exactly the same as before minus Brutal Swing, and potentially even worse when accounting for the fact that A) Berserk is contributing up to 30% less potency than before and B) stance dancing now costs up to an entire Fell Cleave.

Aka, WAR's potency is lower in SB than it is in HW right now.

And as a tank, it offers nothing aside from personal mitigation.
First Page 2 3 ... 20871 20872 20873 ... 22708 22709 22710