Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20727 20728 20729 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-03-03 10:04:06
Link | Citer | R

I've got plenty of more stereotypes like that to use at any time we might need.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-03-03 10:11:32
Link | Citer | R

My Nintendo Switch is at a Canadapost depot close to home. There is a 50% chance the mail carrier will not bother to buzz and leave a slip having me pick it up tomorrow. And if they do buzz there is a 50% chance no one will pick up.

Getting Switch today is almost like getting a rare drop :(
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-03 10:13:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
My Nintendo Switch is at a Canadapost depot close to home. There is a 50% chance the mail carrier will not bother to buzz and leave a slip having me pick it up tomorrow. And if they do buzz there is a 50% chance no one will puck up.

Shitty.

Also, hi Deku!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-03 10:18:48
Link | Citer | R

As much as I protested the Switch...I'll probably get one eventually.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-03-03 10:19:42
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

I got paid today so it's probably good that supply is low enough that I probably can't go out and pick one up come 5:00 tonight.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-03 10:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

I got paid today so it's probably good that supply is low enough that I probably can't go out and pick one up come 5:00 tonight.

It is annoying that if I wanted to impulse buy it now I couldn't find one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-03-03 10:22:16
Link | Citer | R

The price is high right now but the tech is neat and Nintendo is all in on this this thing so I expect good games.

Also Hi Ramyrez :) (long time) (no see)
By fonewear 2017-03-03 10:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Actually I'm checking now Wal Mart wants over 600 dollars for it...cause there are 5 left lol
Serveur: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-03-03 10:23:11
Link | Citer | R

My Nintendo Switch is at a Canadapost depot close to home. There is a 50% chance the mail carrier will not bother to buzz and leave a slip having me pick it up tomorrow. And if they do buzz there is a 50% chance no one will pick up.

If it makes you feel any better, I just got my 60th pixie earring.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-03 10:24:01
Link | Citer | R

The price gouging is crazy right now no way I would pay 600 dollars for a Switch.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-03 10:35:27
Link | Citer | R

The price gouging is crazy right now no way I would pay 600 dollars for a Switch.
To think most are getting it for only one game kinda...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-03-03 10:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Open your wallets... Link

also how many games is walmart packing with that $600 switch. MSRP is $300 for the console
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-03-03 10:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »
To think most are getting it for only one game kinda...
Heavily price-gouged, artificially scarce peasant console... Yeah, no. I won't be getting a Switch, no matter how appealing a portable Skyrim might be. Especially because you know it'll be an underpowered version compared to the PS4, XBone and PC versions.

It's a bit foolish to assume portable skyrim will be sny good until we see more.

As for the tech piece i disagree. The Tegra tech is super exciting and ties Switch to nvidia r&d which means future tegra revisions will have full bc and increasing power. Their hardware roadmap hasnt been this stable since the Snes days.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-03 10:56:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm just gonna wait for the price to go down, and by then I'll have probably lost interest in this generation of Zelda like I have before.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-03 10:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Tegra really is one of, if not the, most promising mobile/portable platforms currently being developed. Especially now with chips like pascal which can put enormous desktop-level power into a portable formfactor. Really we're only limited by battery technology, someone needs to get on that.

Still not sold on the Switch itself though, at least not yet. Its technology is promising though and it opens the door to a lot of cool stuff in the future. Hopefully Nintendo's next console manages to succeed in their community computing idea that we heard about a few years ago; having a Tegra powered handheld that can then connect with and enhance a static plug-in-to-your-TV charging dock that has its own CPU to "boost the handheld's signal", so to speak, could be extremely nice.

Games playable at lower resolutions and framerates on the go, then when you get home slide it in to the dock for a higher level of fidelity. I think that's what they tried to do with the Switch but didn't have enough R&D time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-03-03 11:10:01
Link | Citer | R

ARR switch would be awesome.
I ran that game on my old gtx 260 core 216 with 3gb of system ram for a few years. That was a 600gflop gpu on paper

Even with a spec bump for stormblood. Switch would still be in range.

X1 Tegra has 256 cuda cores and way more modern architecture than the oldy 260 and Switch has 3.2hb of adressable ram without the OS even if on paper its a 400-500 gflop chip
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-03 11:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Cant play console games. As soon I try and play in my sofa/bed/car I fall asleep. Its the best sleepingdrug! Only when I sit behind my desk or am standing behind the counter I can play games.
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-03-03 11:12:47
Link | Citer | R

At the end of the day though, the technical capability of the console is only a part of the equation. The success (or failure) of the switch will also rely on game developers fielding quality games for it. It could be a portable console capable of single-handedly controlling all systems involved in operating the large hadron collider, but if companies don't see (continue seeing) a market in the Switch then it'll flop. Anecdotal and just personal opinion of course, but the only reason I wanted a WiiU was for MH3U and Zelda...and I'm apparently weak-willed, cause I caved :3
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-03 11:15:53
Link | Citer | R

I ran that game on my old gtx 260 core 216 with 3gb of system ram for a few years. That was a 600gflop gpu on paper

X1 Tegra has 256 cuda cores and way more modern architecture than the oldy 260 and Switch has 3.2hb of adressable ram without the OS even if on paper its a 400-500 gflop chip

I don't think they're against it, they just want the users to be able to play with people on other platforms

Which has been a problem with the current Xbox

It was either that or Microsoft required a live subscription or something?
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-03-03 11:26:47
Link | Citer | R

On a random note, the first NM on the east route of floor 1 Bhaflau II..."Fly"...was named on a Friday, I'm sure of it.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-03 11:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »
On a random note, the first NM on the east route of floor 1 Bhaflau II..."Fly"...was named on a Friday, I'm sure of it.
I need to do slavage but its so boring, I'd rather do dyna daily.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-03 11:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I don't think they're against it, they just want the users to be able to play with people on other platforms

They wanted their own servers yeah and SE wouldn't do it. Yoshi also said apparently it was their policy at the time that any version of a game released on the Xbone had to be the best version as released and they wouldn't go for that either. Which idk if it was true but it would explain why there were a handful of games where the PC version was hamstrung by their developers.
By Wordspoken 2017-03-03 11:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
Asura.Kensetobyakara said: »
I need to do slavage but its so boring, I'd rather do dyna daily.
Interesting. It's the other way for me.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-03 11:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

They wanted their own servers yeah and SE wouldn't do it. Yoshi also said apparently it was their policy at the time that any version of a game released on the Xbone had to be the best version as released and they wouldn't go for that either. Which idk if it was true but it would explain why there were a handful of games where the PC version was hamstrung by their developers.

It worked fine with the 360 so I don't understand why they won't do it for 14
By fonewear 2017-03-03 11:59:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tegra really is one of, if not the, most promising mobile/portable platforms currently being developed. Especially now with chips like pascal which can put enormous desktop-level power into a portable formfactor. Really we're only limited by battery technology, someone needs to get on that.

Still not sold on the Switch itself though, at least not yet. Its technology is promising though and it opens the door to a lot of cool stuff in the future. Hopefully Nintendo's next console manages to succeed in their community computing idea that we heard about a few years ago; having a Tegra powered handheld that can then connect with and enhance a static plug-in-to-your-TV charging dock that has its own CPU to "boost the handheld's signal", so to speak, could be extremely nice.

Games playable at lower resolutions and framerates on the go, then when you get home slide it in to the dock for a higher level of fidelity. I think that's what they tried to do with the Switch but didn't have enough R&D time.

I just look forward to video cards becoming smaller and not requiring a huge case anymore.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-03 12:00:42
Link | Citer | R

I've been reading reviews of the Switch and they say it under performs when used as a traditional console. And performs more smoothly in tablet form. Trying to do both mobile and traditional console gaming...but failing more on the console side.

In Zelda for example they say it suffers frame rate issues dipping below 30 FPS in console mode. But runs much smoother in tablet mode.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-03 12:10:28
Link | Citer | R

I've been reading reviews of the Switch and they say it under performs when used as a traditional console. And performs more smoothly in tablet form. Trying to do both mobile and traditional console gaming...but failing more on the console side.

In Zelda for example they say it suffers frame rate issues dipping below 30 FPS in console mode. But runs much smoother in tablet mode.

most likely cause tablet mode is running a lower res or something but when docked it runs at a higher res without anything to amplify its power to make that work.

zelda seems to have some pretty bad performance problems in some areas on both Wii U and Switch which is disappointing but expected
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-03 12:11:13
Link | Citer | R

Yea they said in the review that it isn't a big deal but the frame rate drops in console mode are annoying.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20727 20728 20729 ... 22712 22713 22714