Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20632 20633 20634 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-07 14:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
True. The other day Lina ran out of my buffs at the beginning of Gubal HM, I told her I wasn't healing her because of it. I didn't heal her the entire run.
He thought he could kill me....

i diddn't die...
[+]
Serveur: Brynhildr
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Misa Pres 2017-02-07 14:35:24
Link | Citer | R

rammy, here are a couple official cases that are nice
S7
htc 10

unless you want/need a more heavy duty one.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »
I still use my samsung...I think its a galaxy S4...I'm not sure since I never turn it off. Its 4 years old now, pretty old by now. Its all dented around the edges lol.
They do make shock and drop proof cases nerd!

But not twist-proof. Apparently.

Performance hasn't been effective, but my Turbo has a slight twist in it because somehow or other I managed to wedge it somewhere -- I know that sounds dirty, but really it's not -- I don't even know where because I noticed it after the fact that the case wasn't sitting right and that it wasn't laying flat on the desk.

It's worked fine throughout normal phone life since; 2.5 years later and it's getting a little finicky but it's also been dropped a few times in the past month and since, as noted, the case doesn't fit right I stopped using it.

Anyhow, going on vacation this month, going to snag a new phone for it I think.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Misa Pres said: »
rammy, here are a couple official cases that are nice
S7
htc 10

unless you want/need a more heavy duty one.

I almost without deviation spring for Otterboxes. I'm a very responsible phone owner like 99% of the time. But I'm also a *** klutz.

I drop ***all the *** time. I'm better off skipping insurance and springing for the high quality case.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Yeah their business model is a bit ridiculous and immoral to maximize profits
Examples?
Hyping a product while said product has only minor upgrades compared to the previous model?
Isnt there a rumor of Apple "lending" certain technologies and claiming they made it?
I'm not an Apple expert, I just wouldnt but Apple...cause its Apple.

On the other hand I'd never buy Gucci because looking like a prostitute isnt my thing.
I'm more curious about the immoral business model.

But regardless of what you say/think about Apple, you have to admit, their marketing strategy is top notch. I mean, how else do you sell a phone who's only change is removing a well-liked feature and not only selling it, but selling out of it?

Don't blame the company, blame the consumer in this case.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Some of the more solid or industrial strength cases would be twist proof but that's overkill for the average consumer yeah lol

Yeah. This was actually the one phone I didn't get said Otterbox, but the case I had was pretty solid still. I just must have sat on it or leaned something heavy I was lifting on my leg while it was in my pocket or some such. I really don't know.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-07 14:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

True. The other day Lina ran out of my buffs at the beginning of Gubal HM, I told her I wasn't healing her because of it. I didn't heal her the entire run.
Then there is me as healer...
*someone hits entire party with zurvan exs wave cannon*
"Everything is fine, you only need 1 hp"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:39:35
Link | Citer | R

I hate them both.

I hate them for their marketing and spin on mediocrity and resting on their laurels.

I hate people for lapping it up.

Also, I tend to hate the Cult of Apple, but that goes back a lot longer than most Apple Cultists have been out of diapers, so that's maybe not fair given that Mac is actually this sort of afterthought at Apple now.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Guide Maker
Serveur: Balmung
user: Seha
By Crystal Neptunia 2017-02-07 14:40:30
Link | Citer | R

I like apple's commercials, other than that I'm not interested in what they're selling or anything.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Screen protectors cannot be understated as well, dropping a phone on the screen will just damage it instead of the phone. And you can buy a new quality one for 5 bucks and take off the cracked one.

Oh yeah. They're pretty mandatory in my life as well.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-07 14:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah their business model is a bit ridiculous and immoral to maximize profits
Examples?
Hyping a product while said product has only minor upgrades compared to the previous model?
Isnt there a rumor of Apple "lending" certain technologies and claiming they made it?
I'm not an Apple expert, I just wouldnt but Apple...cause its Apple.

On the other hand I'd never buy Gucci because looking like a prostitute isnt my thing.
I'm more curious about the immoral business model.

But regardless of what you say/think about Apple, you have to admit, their marketing strategy is top notch. I mean, how else do you sell a phone who's only change is removing a well-liked feature and not only selling it, but selling out of it?

I'll agree with you on that :)
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 14:44:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm glad they exist because competition drives innovation, though that's being tested a bit sorely right now because, as I've stated, everything seems so bland and the same now.

That said, I still hate the way they blow smoke up your *** and try to sell flaws as "features" and try to force their will upon the market.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 14:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Companies cannot exist without the consumer.

I don't see any immoral business practices with Apple, just some shady stuff like Ireland tax dodging and other similar stuff.
By Bloodrose 2017-02-07 14:55:40
Link | Citer | R

>.> my phone doesn't need a phone case.

You and your pansy *** "Safe space phones" needing to be protected!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-07 14:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Tbh having a smartphone is immoral, tantalum is used for the production of the capacitors and this is only mined in Africa. Its a rare resource that comes from war torn central Africa...one of the many reasons why that region is so unstable, the natural resources.

Hence I'll use my smartphone till it dies.
By Bloodrose 2017-02-07 15:00:33
Link | Citer | R

I had a total of two smartphones in my life.

I still have the first one I bought. It's still in pretty good condition, but was no longer supported by my carrier.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-07 15:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Reason the more to not get on the Apple hype boat of buying a new model every year just because you can.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-07 15:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I like staying current but I always treat smartphones like fine china and keep them in mint condition so when my contract expires I can go get a brand new phone for free and save the old one for a family member or friend that might end up *** over or needing one.

never know when a random iphone 4 might save the day for a random 12 year old niece who got robbed or 60 year old uncle to stay in touch etc
Heh I do that too, I had an easy to use Nokia laying around, barely used thought...hey you never know when one of the grannies needs a new phone right?
So my partner's parents they needed a new cellphone and I mentioned I had one.
But no! They went an bought the latest Samsung model...and ffs! They cant work with it, it took them like 2 months to figure out how to answer a phonecall ><
Everytime they dont know what to do with that phone they come and bug me with it.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-07 15:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Tbh having a smartphone is immoral, tantalum is used for the production of the capacitors and this is only mined in Africa. Its a rare resource that comes from war torn central Africa...one of the many reasons why that region is so unstable, the natural resources.

Chocolate, diamonds, coffee, and lots of other daily "luxuries" all have some pretty shady circumstances.

I'm not justifying it and if any of them left the market today citing a moratorium on their sales until they become ethically sourced, I wouldn't ***.

But they're on the market and they're not leaving just because I boycott them. So I may as well enjoy what I can.

Source: Apple still in business, I've never given them a penny.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 15:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
I had a total of two smartphones in my life.

I still have the first one I bought. It's still in pretty good condition, but was no longer supported by my carrier.
I only have 2, but mainly because I didn't buy my first one until after I graduated from college.

/antisocial
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-02-07 15:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-07 15:15:19
Link | Citer | R

it took them like 2 months to figure out how to answer a phonecall
wait, people use phones to make phone calls?

Who knew?
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-07 15:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Chocolate, diamonds, coffee, and lots of other daily "luxuries" all have some pretty shady circumstances.

I'm not justifying it and if any of them left the market today citing a moratorium on their sales until they become ethically sourced, I wouldn't ***.

But they're on the market and they're not leaving just because I boycott them. So I may as well enjoy what I can.

Source: Apple still in business, I've never given them a penny.
I'm not going deeper into the diamonds cause thats just one shady business.
But when you say chocolate and coffee I think people nowadays are more aware that people in the south dont always get a fair price for it. Thats why I'd never buy coffee from Starbucks (also its crap coffee) but from my local coffee eco hipster. Also coffee and chocolate arent limited to Africa.

How many people realise how many natural resources are used in their smartphone and what the impact is on local economy/ecosystem/society?
First Page 2 3 ... 20632 20633 20634 ... 22715 22716 22717