Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20489 20490 20491 ... 22715 22716 22717
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-03 13:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Fun Fact: In the Chernobyl nuclear power plant there exists a mass of radioactive material that resulted from the literal meltdown of the reactor core called the "Elephant's Foot". This mass is so radioactive that you can't actually approach it or you die within about 40 hours after exposure.

Samples of the mass have been collected. How? By shooting at it with an AK-47 and pulling the small chunks closer with a really long stick.

This actually worked.

Once again proving the Americans right in that you can solve most problems by shooting them.
Iirc, today you could probably suit up and go snap a pic of the elephant's foot and walk away nauseous because it's supposedly degrading and crumbling but...I wouldn't do it.

I've always been fascinated by Chernobyl, it was kinda an extreme case among nuclear disasters. From what I hear, most "meltdowns" result from overheating which damages fuel rod containers, which leads to excess heat and radiation leaking into water used to cool the core which results in flash steam and all sorts of nasty explosions.

Chernobyl was a literal meltdown, the cores actually reached somewhere around 5000F and ate thought containment, pipes, walls, concrete floors, etc for 8 days. There was a risk of it coming into contact with a pool of water but three workers managed to dive into radioactive water and open emergency valves in the dark to stop this.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 13:53:37
Link | Citer | R

There was a risk of it coming into contact with a pool of water but three workers managed to dive into radioactive water and open emergency valves in the dark to stop this.
Since you know more about this than I do, the question is: Did they survive?
By Jetackuu 2017-01-03 13:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
The Professional Hebephile.:

...sorry. It's actually a really good movie. But there are troubling aspects of it.
ftfy and I haven't seen it in probably 13~ years, so my memory if it is rather foggy, I don't recall that tone of it though >.>
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-03 13:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
There was a risk of it coming into contact with a pool of water but three workers managed to dive into radioactive water and open emergency valves in the dark to stop this.
No. The water was converted to some sort of concentrated acid, I forget what, that burnt exposed skin, they died of severe radiation poisoning though iirc.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-03 13:58:09
Link | Citer | R

No. The water was converted to some sort of concentrated acid, I forget what, that burnt exposed skin, they died of severe radiation poisoning though iirc.
Quikly someone make some heroic movie out of this, with Americans in lead roles! So realistic :D
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 14:02:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
Quikly someone make some heroic movie out of this, with Americans in lead roles! So realistic :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-03 14:05:44
Link | Citer | R

We don't have a good track record with movies of people who get exposed to radiation.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-03 14:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
ftfy and I haven't seen it in probably 13~ years, so my memory if it is rather foggy, I don't recall that tone of it though >.>

International version has a scene where she approaches him and he shoots her down in uncomfortable "I'd like to but it's a bad idea" fashion.

The original screenplay originally called for it to actually occur.

*shrug*

That's my problem, really, knowing the original screenplay.

Overall it's still a legit movie, there's just always this underlying feeling of "whole situation seems really inappropriate with further inappropriateness implied."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-03 14:23:48
Link | Citer | R

That's my problem
Only one?
By Ramyrez 2017-01-03 14:27:05
Link | Citer | R

That's my problem
Only one?

Pertaining to this specific movie.

Yeesh.

And either way it's a killer performance by Gary Oldman.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2017-01-03 14:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Are there any Dark Souls 1 viable Archery builds?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-03 14:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Longbow +15 for the general game, or Pharis, depending on how invested in DEX you wanna get/what range you want to shoot at.

Composite Bow +15 for everything else, since it draws fast and can be used up close better. This one's also better for going down other paths like magic/divine/chaos fire or whatever.

But I've never really been a bow guy. The one time I upgraded a bow was for the first time I ever killed the Hellkite Drake. I upgrade a Magic Longbow +5, and shot him in the chin from the ledge near the rats under the bridge. At my level with my scaling, each shot did about 79... or was it 179... I don't remember. Either way, I dealt so much damage pershot, that he died before he could waggle his head and self heal.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-01-03 14:48:21
Link | Citer | R

The trickiest part is dealing with enemies that dodge roll or block. If you release the arrow as they are attacking it will hit them without being blocked/dodged and sometimes interrupt their attack, they're still a *** but it's better than chipping away.

Also be ready to farm lots of souls to buy arrows with.

Edit: I assume you are asking in terms of like 100% bow
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-01-03 14:50:34
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Not sure if you meant PVP (since you asked for a "build"), but this should be entertaining nonetheless.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-03 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

That's my problem
Only one?
Mine is that I love bad ***.

That's my ***' problem.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2017-01-03 15:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Some Christmas stuff showed up a teeny bit late but still very much appreciated.

Thank you Josi, wherever you are!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-03 15:21:10
Link | Citer | R

*bounces up and down*

hour and a half and food and no work and yay
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-03 15:31:21
Link | Citer | R

I was going to play....instead I've been messing with the sound settings of my pc. Seriously someone, anyone help me out.
I'm a helpless damsel in distress that cant configure the sound on her new pc. I blame windows 10.

I tried everything but I'm sure it'll turn out to be something really stupid. Atm music sounds like I'm living in a fishbowl.

(background info, I can get it to work normal with HDMI but I prefer DVI graphic wise.
pc specs are:
i7-6700 quadcore, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, atm not using my external speakers but just the one in the back of my screen which give crap soundquality anyways, but want to fix these before i start on the external speaker.
my specs are:
Utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pc user, who does know where the on and off button is, thinks pc's are something to mess with while ironing)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-03 15:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Had two films to chose from tonight, went with some boring *** thing with Gere...now I wish I chose World Invasion instead, which was probably trash, but at least entertaining.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-03 15:56:31
Link | Citer | R

buddy at work recommended, 'man in the high castle'. gonna try to check that out this week. it's a post wwii alternate history series. germany wins the ward and controls most of the us, but they took over media and made americans think they won the war through media and propaganda.

should be good.
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-01-03 15:56:34
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2017-01-03 16:09:22
Link | Citer | R

I was going to play....instead I've been messing with the sound settings of my pc. Seriously someone, anyone help me out.
I'm a helpless damsel in distress that cant configure the sound on her new pc. I blame windows 10.

I tried everything but I'm sure it'll turn out to be something really stupid. Atm music sounds like I'm living in a fishbowl.

(background info, I can get it to work normal with HDMI but I prefer DVI graphic wise.
pc specs are:
i7-6700 quadcore, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, atm not using my external speakers but just the one in the back of my screen which give crap soundquality anyways, but want to fix these before i start on the external speaker.
my specs are:
Utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE pc user, who does know where the on and off button is, thinks pc's are something to mess with while ironing)

Worth a shot?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-plays-serious-echo-effect-after-windows/5b1b42ee-32cc-4bb5-bc0a-0b8fae133273
By voiceless 2017-01-03 16:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-03 16:13:55
Link | Citer | R

pc specs are:
my specs are:

Worth a shot?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-plays-serious-echo-effect-after-windows/5b1b42ee-32cc-4bb5-bc0a-0b8fae133273
Think you're on to something....
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-03 16:23:10
Link | Citer | R

pc specs are:
my specs are:

Worth a shot?

IT WORKED!

I just had to uninstall that nahimic crap program, I'm in your debt! ~Stuffs you with heartshaped waffles~:D
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-01-03 16:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Long Bow/Black Bow of Pharis for sniping/pulling. Short Bow or Composite Bow for close encounters.

Shield enemies are a nightmare. A little known trick is using a bow in your offhand allows you to backstab enemies for pitiful damage with your fist. I use it to open up shield enemies.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-03 16:48:10
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-03 16:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Not sure if you meant PVP (since you asked for a "build"), but this should be entertaining nonetheless.
Man, bow run in 3 and a half hours lol. A speedy gamer I am not. I watched like 45 minutes of this legitimately, and then skipped to the bosses I cared to see. Also that Capra cheese lol. Man. I learn something new about this game every single time it gets brought up lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 20489 20490 20491 ... 22715 22716 22717