Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20469 20470 20471 ... 22716 22717 22718
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 14:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I look forward to the challenge. Someday. Ideally decently far off.
I think the biggest thing I've learned is just how much I like my quiet/privacy.

I feel like my mental quirks have become far more apparent with a kid around than they ever were before and that kinda makes me self conscious as all hell.
 Asura.Vienner
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 14:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Sylph.Cherche said: »
I look forward to the challenge. Someday. Ideally decently far off.
I think the biggest thing I've learned is just how much I like my quiet/privacy.

I feel like my mental quirks have become far more apparent with a kid around than they ever were before and that kinda makes me self conscious as all hell.
Yeah that private time seems nonexistant some days...My favourite thing is sleeping lol.
I'm just aware of how awfull mothers usually look and am dreaded to end up like that <.<
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:34:01
Link | Citer | R

If I want something small and adorable to walk in on me while I'm shitting, I'll buy a terrier.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 14:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
If I want something small and adorable to walk in on me while I'm shitting, I'll buy a terrier.
They can wake you up at night too, they also drool, poo and pee all over in the beginning. In fact they just keep drooling no matter how old they get atleast kids stop doing that at some point :p
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
They can wake you up at night too, they also drool, poo and pee all over in the beginning. In fact they just keep drooling no matter how old they get atleast kids stop doing that at some point :p

Assuming they have no horrendous genetic disorders.

Though to be fair to the puppies, terriers -- at least Westies -- are not known to be prodigious droolers and are pretty reliably able to be house trained.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-29 14:39:39
Link | Citer | R

for me it's more of it feels like something i might need to do. it's like this weird instinctual thing screaming get some chick pregnant. seeing my nephew scream over christmas presents is what's triggered me to reproduce. look how happy he is .-.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:40:09
Link | Citer | R

For the record, not trying to crap all over the lives of parents. I'm sure having offspring is a rewarding, challenging, exquisite aspect of the human experience.

I'll just be over here pretty secure in my decision to avoid it.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 14:40:28
Link | Citer | R

It's not even the bathroom visits that get me.

It's getting home from work, especially after overtime or something, and trying to sit down and relax and not listen to anything but maybe a game I'm playing and suddenly...

"Hi, Troy-dad."

"Troy-dad, Troy-dad, Troy-dad!"

What...

"Hi!"

"Troy-dad! Cup, me?"

No, mom said you had plenty to drink today and you wet your bed yesterday. I refuse to clean your sheets 2 nights in a row.

*toddler begins crying*

The overshowing of affection isn't big on my list either. But I can't really blame her for wanting to show love or w/e you want to call the emotion.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-29 14:41:25
Link | Citer | R

For the record, not trying to crap all over the lives of parents. I'm sure having offspring is a rewarding, challenging, exquisite aspect of the human experience.

I'll just be over here pretty secure in my decision to avoid it.

*thinks about listening to kind of blue last night, with lights that flickered to the music in different shades of blue while smoking and drinking bourbon*

i mean i have a bit of an urge to have kids, buuuuuutttttt...
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 14:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
*thinks about listening to kind of blue last night,
Lets make babies.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-29 14:46:10
Link | Citer | R

The overshowing of affection isn't big on my list either. But I can't really blame her for wanting to show love or w/e you want to call the emotion.

The weird part is I'm actually relatively certain I'd be a pretty good dad. I'm pretty endlessly patient when I care about someone in spite of my "calm" escalating to "kill it with fire" for people I don't know and/or dislike in about half a second of annoyance.

I earn well enough. Nothing amazing, but people have done well with less. I've learned what not to do first and second hand.

I just...don't really have a strong desire to actually do it. There's definitely a "Hey, nieces are awesome."

But once it turns to, "don't you want some of your own? Or maybe you'd like them to come stay with you?"
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 14:51:57
Link | Citer | R

That's the weirdest part for me... I always had tons of patience for people but this child. I feel really bad for how often I want to or do snap on her.

She's two, she doesn't deserve me snapping when she's just learning and trying to express herself the best she can... but damn it.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 14:54:15
Link | Citer | R

It's not even the bathroom visits that get me.

It's getting home from work, especially after overtime or something, and trying to sit down and relax and not listen to anything but maybe a game I'm playing and suddenly...

"Hi, Troy-dad."

"Troy-dad, Troy-dad, Troy-dad!"

What...

"Hi!"

"Troy-dad! Cup, me?"

No, mom said you had plenty to drink today and you wet your bed yesterday. I refuse to clean your sheets 2 nights in a row.

*toddler begins crying*

Well I could advise different ways to handle these kind of situations.
-What does she drink? If she's into sugared/flavoured stuff (which you shouldnt btw, it alters the taste when toddlers get to drink flavoured drinks...thinking vanilla/strawberry mainly and gets them more attached to sugar) try giving water. Or just a very little sip of what she's asking for.
-If she wets her bed still you need to focus more on the potty training. This might help with the sleeping problem too. Imagine you are going to bed and you feel a peepee building!
-Dont give in to the crying for attention, its ok to comfort a little but be short in it and show that you are there, but try and explain that you are busy with something first.

Although dont believe everything that is written about parenting, I did find that books (written by the right people) give insight in what to do when, and in different ways of handling certain situations.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-29 14:59:27
Link | Citer | R

*dies bombarded by hordes of gnaths*
By voiceless 2016-12-29 15:01:15
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

my full feelings lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 15:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Drinks: Water and milk. Mostly water.

We'll do super water downed juice once in a while if she's been really good but try to stay away from it as much as possible as I've seen how my niece is with sugary drinks and I'd rather not have a repeat.

-The potty training. I feel we're not trying hard enough here but she's also been incredibly weird when it comes to trying. She'll sit down now and seem to try but she's only successfully pee'd in it once the rest seems more like she's just doing it to get attention, rather than actually trying. But really the whole problem here is on our end because we're not giving her enough freedom in the house to be able to get into the bathroom when she really needs it and she's still really bad and understand when she needs to pee or poop (thought she's at least gotten a lot better and telling us when she has pooped.)

-We don't, or at least I don't. Again, not sure what happens when I'm not home. In general I tend to be the hard *** when it comes to the tantrums and crying in general as I learned pretty quick how to ignore it thanks to my niece, but again I know the GF ends up spending a lot more time with her at home while I'm at work and I'm assuming there's enough of it before I get home that by the time I am home she's at a breaking point and really just wants the kid to shut up.

I've done a mix of reading online and general note taking from personal experiences with other parents, but that's all more because of my interest in psychology more than actually trying to research.

I think the biggest reason I have such little patience for her is that I'm so overly logical that having to deal with a being I simply cannot reason with via normal means just frustrates me. Once she's older and she can communicate more and her motives a little easier to understand... I'm assuming it'll get easier.

All in all, most of the "problems" I experience, especially lately, are probably more based around me not trying enough more than anything actually being on the child's head.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-29 15:10:17
Link | Citer | R

:Q Chocolate covered cherry so gewdddddddd
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 15:12:33
Link | Citer | R

-The potty training. I feel we're not trying hard enough here but she's also been incredibly weird when it comes to trying. She'll sit down now and seem to try but she's only successfully pee'd in it once the rest seems more like she's just doing it to get attention, rather than actually trying. But really the whole problem here is on our end because we're not giving her enough freedom in the house to be able to get into the bathroom when she really needs it and she's still really bad and understand when she needs to pee or poop (thought she's at least gotten a lot better and telling us when she has pooped.)
I'll pick this out.
You dont have one of them porter potties in the livingroom or kitchen (or both even)?. We pottytrained ours by asking every half hour if they had to go and putting them on there. Show you're super enthusiastic when they're able to go when they're on their potty. Also dont combine diapers and potties, helps if they feel they wet themselves. Its a mess sure but it helps.
(Atleast this is how we did it for my kids)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-29 15:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
*thinks about listening to kind of blue last night,
Lets make babies.

mmm i don't want to move to a new country, and cause i've never met my dad cause he's a *** i can't not be around for the kid.

this whole europe thing seems to be going downhill. i'll consider it, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 15:24:46
Link | Citer | R

I'll pick this out.
You dont have one of them porter potties in the livingroom or kitchen (or both even)?. We pottytrained ours by asking every half hour if they had to go and putting them on there. Show you're super enthusiastic when they're able to go when they're on their potty. Also dont combine diapers and potties, helps if they feel they wet themselves. Its a mess sure but it helps.
We have one, it's in the bathroom. I think it was originally in hopes that she'd at least start getting the association that bathroom=potty room.

We showed enthusiasm when she's able to do it, but again she's only been able to do it once and that was at least a month ago. She kinda screamed in a mix of excitement and fear when it happened.

She wears pull-ups right now, which may still be absorbing too much for her to feel her wetting herself properly but I'm kinda doubting it because she tells us when she pees too, but she also likes to lie about it to get attention which makes it hard to watch or when it actually happens she'll say she pee'd herself and then when we go to check/change her it's suddenly "I'm fine, I'm fine" as she runs off even though we know she actually did. I'm not sure if I missed a point where she was being punished for going to the bathroom, or if she just doesn't like the "wasted time" that comes from us actually changing her, because she's in this constant state of being in a hurry because she's worried about missing anything(even when nothing is happening) which is part of why we have trouble getting her to sleep.

Same thing goes for us asking her if she needs to go to the bathroom. If she actually says yes she'll sit there for 30 or so minutes just kind of trying to make small talk or play with random ***around the toilet without actually going or even trying.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-29 15:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Don't know if I'll ever get to have kids. Maybe someday, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-29 15:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Don't know if I'll ever get to have kids.
Well, there's a 10 gauge answer for that question.

/*** shotgun
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-29 15:34:33
Link | Citer | R

I'll pick this out.
We have one, it's in the bathroom. I think it was originally in hopes that she'd at least start getting the association that bathroom=potty room.

We showed enthusiasm when she's able to do it, but again she's only been able to do it once and that was at least a month ago. She kinda screamed in a mix of excitement and fear when it happened.

She wears pull-ups right now, which may still be absorbing too much for her to feel her wetting herself properly but I'm kinda doubting it because she tells us when she pees too, but she also likes to lie about it to get attention which makes it hard to watch or when it actually happens she'll say she pee'd herself and then when we go to check/change her it's suddenly "I'm fine, I'm fine" as she runs off even though we know she actually did. I'm not sure if I missed a point where she was being punished for going to the bathroom, or if she just doesn't like the "wasted time" that comes from us actually changing her, because she's in this constant state of being in a hurry because she's worried about missing anything(even when nothing is happening) which is part of why we have trouble getting her to sleep.

Same thing goes for us asking her if she needs to go to the bathroom. If she actually says yes she'll sit there for 30 or so minutes just kind of trying to make small talk or play with random ***around the toilet without actually going or even trying.
Maybe....go to the toilet together? Make something "fun" out of it. Bit far fetched but you never know. You need to try out stuff and stick to it for a while. I know it can be a pain and I'm not gonna comfort you, parenting doesnt get any better soon lol. More frustration on the horizon!
...LOL just as I type this, I hear my cat (finally) using her new litterbox, its a sign!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-12-29 15:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Don't know if I'll ever get to have kids.
Well, there's a 10 gauge answer for that question.

/*** shotgun
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 15:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh no, no reason to comfort. I knew children were tough coming into this.

Again most of the issues are mostly on me not putting in enough effort or not trying the right things.

We've done the whole sit on the toilet
at the same time thing. It at least gets her to stay sitting on hers, but I'm still pretty lost on what to try. Dealing with her is like dealing with someone with ADHD and trying to hold her attention to anything is, frustratingly difficult. No matter how fun you make it. Even when she's doing exactly what she wants to do she is constantly flipping and changing attention/direction and of course being 2 the second she can't do the exact thing she wants at exactly the time she wants in exactly the way she wants, whether it's our fault or her own, well... yea you know how it ends up.

But yea... I'll leave the discussion at that. I've muddied up/taken over threads too much lately and again, it's on me to put more effort into her to get results.
By Jetackuu 2016-12-29 16:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
*plays videogames cause got no kids*
It does cut into it...

Wait, Spath has a kid?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-29 16:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
It does cut into it...

Wait, Spath has a kid?
No, Spath has a girlfriend who has a kid. Keep up!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-29 16:14:31
Link | Citer | R

"My sock fell off"

- Lina
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-29 16:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Jetackuu said: »
It does cut into it...

Wait, Spath has a kid?
No, Spath has a girlfriend who has a kid. Keep up!
This.

Walked into the relationship, kid was 1 at the time. It's been about a year now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20469 20470 20471 ... 22716 22717 22718