Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17330 17331 17332 ... 22711 22712 22713
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 16:59:19
Link | Citer | R

That's what I thought, I just like to be sure lol
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-12 16:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Terraka said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Late but read back. Try to keep things civil.

In my opinion, there's no point in arguing over a computer. They might live halfway across the country, hell, they may even live in a different country entirely. It's just useless, it's not like they can do anything, or like you can do anything.

Just ignore and block. If they're stuck in one way of thinking, there's no way anyone's going to change it, unless they want to change.

This, basically.

Something wrong with it? Or are you agreeing with it? :o my blonde is coming out lol
Agreeing more likely.
This. (Agreeing, both.)
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes you have to lower yourself to their level just to show them how much of an *** they are.

Also, what's wrong with treating them like they treat everyone else?

In my opinion, there's no point in arguing over a computer. They might live halfway across the country, hell, they may even live in a different country entirely. It's just useless, it's not like they can do anything, or like you can do anything.

Just ignore and block. If they're stuck in one way of thinking, there's no way anyone's going to change it, unless they want to change.

Have you not been to the P and R section ?
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:03:23
Link | Citer | R

I disagree arguing is fine but resorting to personal attack is not arguing a lot of people can't tell the difference. You can disagree with people without being a jerk. I know it is a new concept for some but it is true !
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:03:35
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Sometimes you have to lower yourself to their level just to show them how much of an *** they are.

Once, posted a video that didn't work so I deleted my post because my whole point was the video. And I don't care to go back after reading about what goes on there.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-12 17:04:44
Link | Citer | R

I disagree arguing is fine but resorting to personal attack is not arguing a lot of people can't tell the difference. You can disagree with people without being a jerk. I know it is a new concept for some but it is true !
I...um.. This.
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Once, posted a video that didn't work so I deleted my post because my whole point was the video. And I don't care to go back after reading about what goes on there.

It isn't as bad as it seems... it's much worse !
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:05:28
Link | Citer | R

I know coming from me trying to be rational does not compute. But I don't personally attack people. Normally.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:07:11
Link | Citer | R

This may be a dumb question, but how can one resort to personal attacks when most people don't personally know each other?

Edit:

I mean, anyone can be whoever they want online, I could be a 5'7" model with long tanned legs, long bleach blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes and an hour glass figure. lol

We just never know who someone truly is online. Hell, we don't even know who someone is in RL half the time.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-12 17:08:58
Link | Citer | R

This may be a dumb question, but how can one resort to personal attacks when most people don't personally know each other?
Most know a thing or two about someone and just latch on to it to use as ammunition.
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:10:48
Link | Citer | R

If you hang out in P and R long enough you get a sense of the type of people you have. Everyone falls into certain categories. Just like any poster.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:12:50
Link | Citer | R

That's sad that someone needs to hide behind a computer and bad mouth everyone else to make themselves feel better. Quite childish actually.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:13:58
Link | Citer | R

That's sad that someone needs to hide behind a computer and bad mouth everyone else to make themselves feel better. Quite childish actually.

You kidding me ? That is why internet forums exist. You can be whoever you want. Just because you act a certain way online doesn't mean that is how you are in real life...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-05-12 17:15:11
Link | Citer | R

[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »

Edit:

I mean, anyone can be whoever they want online, I could be a 5'7" model with long tanned legs, long bleach blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes and an hour glass figure. lol

We just never know who someone truly is online. Hell, we don't even know who someone is in RL half the time.

On your edit, that is totally true. But I think intent still means a lot. If someone is saying, I'm only being a complete douche as part of my glamorous acting career training or something, you're still being malicious to people. It doesn't somehow justify it. People's personality shines through, as well as intent.

I totally agree with you, and it's upsetting that people do those types of things to others for enjoyment or to help make themselves feel good.

I guess if we didn't have people like that the internet world would be a very boring place.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:17:58
Link | Citer | R

I can't speak for everyone but the fun of a forums is getting to be someone different then myself. I don't have to act like I normally do in day to day life. I can try out different personas etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-12 17:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Drac really is a bear though. That much is the truth.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:19:29
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Trust me if I looked like my avatar my life would be much different...
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Trust me if I looked like my avatar my life would be much different...

Trust me, so would mine lol.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-12 17:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Yea I get what you are saying there is a part of "you" in everything you do. I would say the online version of "you" is an exaggeration of your actual personality.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Yea I get what you are saying there is a part of "you" in everything you do. I would say the online version of "you" is an exaggeration of your actual personality.

I get what your saying as well.

I've heard stories of the nerdy, geeky kid being terrible online, but keeps his/her mouth shut in RL.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-12 17:30:10
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
I think it varies, I try to be as true to life as I can be because I feel it nets me things that are more valuable to real life. I always wanted to know the truth about life and even myself even if it hurts. It often does, to be honest, but I've also gained a lot. I think conflict and people socially experimenting without as many consequences is part of the ugliness of online. But it's easy access to lots of people to talk to who think very differently it's just a shame a lot of people use that as a way to try to force their way of thinking on the world. I learned a lot from people here, even if they aren't telling me things I learn more about myself and more about humanity simply from experience and spending time with people who give enough shits to read my posts and me to read theirs.

In short I think everyone's reasons are probably different. But it is good to remember that.

I agree 100%
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-12 17:32:50
Link | Citer | R

I would always feel paranoid acting too far from myself online. Like "oh god... they'll catch on! They'll see what I'm doing!" but, there have been a couple online games where I acted as... not a different persona entirely, but a very extreme aspect of myself in a way to simulate a different persona.

Think that kinda fits in line with what you guys are saying really. But, there's always more than meets the eye especially with just reading someone's voice over forums.

For example, I'm only typing and reading all this right now to appease my obsessive need to not finish this stupid paper that I've been putting off for... three...ish weeks.

I blame Josi.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 17330 17331 17332 ... 22711 22712 22713