Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17195 17196 17197 ... 22715 22716 22717

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Wordspoken 2015-04-21 22:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Darkalenia said: »
Picked up a quest in Shadows from this drunk guy who wants me to take a barrel and stash it away in the Burial Grounds/Tomb of the city I'm in.

One of the gimmicks of this game is that you are bound to a demon, and you can toggle between your main character and the demon, who resides in the Shadow Realm. When in the Shadow Realm you see things a lot differently than in the normal realm.

I happen to toggle to the Shadow Realm tonight while running by where the drunk guy *was* and there is a woman's spirit there. Turns out she is the wife of the drunk guy, who says he killed her and stashed her in a barrel. She asks you to expose his dirty deed by taking a piece of rare silk that he stole off of her body and show it to the Captain of the Guards.
Plot twist!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-21 22:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Schizm Gallantry said: »
What is Jeppson's Malort?

YouTube Video Placeholder

This is malört

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_absinthium

Malört's name comes from mal (moth) and ört (herb), it was believed to protect clothes against moths.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-21 22:53:39
Link | Citer | R

It's a type of bäsk brännvin

Quote:
Bäsk is Swedish style spiced liquor flavored with wormwood ("malört" in Swedish). Sweden is one of the few countries that has never banned absinthe or other wormwood-flavored liquors.

In the United States, the Chicago-based brand Jeppson's Malört is one of the more well-known versions of the liquor.

Bäsk is said to be good for digestion, and therefore is traditionally associated with fatty foods.

When bäsk is unavailable, it can be substituted with vodka that has been infused with sprigs of wormwood.

Quote:
Brännvin (or brændevin in Danish, brennevin in Norwegian, brennivín in Faroese and (palo)viina in Finnish) is the Swedish version of the general Scandinavian term for liquor distilled from potatoes, grain, or (formerly) wood cellulose; both of flavored and unflavored variants. The term includes vodka and akvavit, but akvavit is always flavored.

Beverages labelled brännvin or viina are usually unflavored and have an alcohol content between 30% and 38% ABV. European Union regulations reserve the name "vodka" for beverages distilled to at least 95% ABV and bottled at 37.5% or higher. In Finland, the word viina is always used for Finnish-made neutral spirit, including Finnish vodka, and the Russian word (vodka) is used only for vodkas from other countries. In informal speech, viina can also refer to any similarly strong beverage similarly to booze, whether flavored or unflavored.

The term "vodka" was not used for Swedish vodkas before 1958.

The word brännvin means "burn-wine"; the Finnish equivalent (palo)viina means "burnt liquor." (Sometimes the distillation of beverages is called "burning.") It is cognate with English brandy, Dutch brandewijn, German Branntwein, and Icelandic brennivín .

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-21 22:58:30
Link | Citer | R

It's usually something you eat with sill (Midsummer/Christmas/Easter food in general)

Not something you drink socially lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-21 23:01:40
Link | Citer | R

Even then you only drink it out of shot glasses so you don't use up a whole lot

Pretty sure you're supposed to keep brännvin in the freezer though lol, always seen them drink it ice cold (I don't drink alcohol myself)

Some recommend having the glasses in the freezer and the brännvin in the fridge :0
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2015-04-21 23:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Was I seeing things or did I read correctly a while back SE stating for ffxiv 3.0 content in regards to melding materia into gear that it was not going to be as overpowering as it was for i110 gear? Due to the fact that he wanted melded gear to be a stepping stone for raid gear or not out right replace raid gear like the i110 pentamelds did.

Was I imagining this? if not does someone remember the source? Been trying to look thru a bunch of thread from interviews but cant find anything related to melding...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-21 23:08:15
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Was I seeing things or did I read correctly a while back SE stating for ffxiv 3.0 content in regards to melding materia into gear that it was not going to be as overpowering as it was for i110 gear? Due to the fact that he wanted melded gear to be a stepping stone for raid gear or not out right replace raid gear like the i110 pentamelds did.

Was I imagining this? if not does someone remember the source? Been trying to look thru a bunch of thread from interviews but cant find anything related to melding...

I don't remember this but I also haven't read some of the interviews he's done

Go check on BG in the news section, they might have something

Post deleted by User.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2015-04-21 23:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Go check on BG in the news section
Dont tell me how to live my life

And yea was reading the expac info, 118 pages is killing me
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-04-21 23:19:09
Link | Citer | R

that ole smokey ***isn't real moonshine, but the cherries make an awesome cherry coke. you mash them up and then pour a little jack over it and then pour the coke. tastes like a cherry soda from a fountain. even though it's made with the white lightnin it turns to about 50-60 proof cause it's diluted by the cherries. real redneck made in the woods moonshine is more like that 180 proof ***they had. it will tear you to pieces.

you can actually go and taste test all teh different ole smokey stuff in pigeon forge. i liked most of them, but it's more something that's fun to try. i wouldn't keep any of it other than the cherries on my bar.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-21 23:38:24
Link | Citer | R

The reason pentamelded 110 accessories beat 120/130 in some cases is because of how the itemization in this game is set up. Getting a 110 accessory worth of both str AND vit for WAR, for example, is something that cannot be replicated by any other accessory. you're getting more raw stats per accessory as a result of it.

110 armor and stuff was only good for the first few weeks though. 120/130 gear directly replaces it since stats are not singular on armor pieces like on accessories.

i suspect melded crafted gear will remain the same way as it is now.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 23:45:04
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, Aurum Vale... >.>
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-04-21 23:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Watching CinemaSins is making me happy that I didn't go watch The Hobbit-trilogy in movies.

I've read the book and it's good enough for me. Maybe I should re-read it.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-22 00:19:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2015-04-22 00:34:33
Link | Citer | R

I cannot wait Batman vs Superman

[+]
Serveur: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-04-22 00:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Kinda an improvement.
At least I can tell it's a man.
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-04-22 01:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

that ole smokey ***isn't real moonshine, but the cherries make an awesome cherry coke. you mash them up and then pour a little jack over it and then pour the coke. tastes like a cherry soda from a fountain. even though it's made with the white lightnin it turns to about 50-60 proof cause it's diluted by the cherries. real redneck made in the woods moonshine is more like that 180 proof ***they had. it will tear you to pieces.

you can actually go and taste test all teh different ole smokey stuff in pigeon forge. i liked most of them, but it's more something that's fun to try. i wouldn't keep any of it other than the cherries on my bar.

Fruits are the best part of the 'moonshine' being sold now. That said I recommend them all that you'd use in other drinks, like the cherries in cherry coke.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-04-22 01:35:47
Link | Citer | R

/interstellarMood

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-04-22 01:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Genuinely one of the most interesting movies I've ever watched. Was a roller-coaster through and through.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-22 01:51:09
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-22 02:28:46
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-22 03:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-22 03:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Alyora said: »
And spathyboo constantly on my news feed lol
>.> Seriously, how do I keep getting these nicknames?

That said, at least I keep my thoughts more to myself since I added ffxiah people...
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
And I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some limits... right..?
I don't have any, feel free to go as far as you want. Can't speak for others who offered too.
This.
By Wordspoken 2015-04-22 04:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
>.> Seriously, how do I keep getting these nicknames?
You're inspiring people to it?
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-04-22 04:12:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm not too sure about that Wordspo-kun!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-22 04:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone ever called you Spatherella?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian