Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 14591 14592 14593 ... 22711 22712 22713

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

This is disturbingly close to "Friday" stupid...if not worse.

EDIT for the fact I can't type today.
I need to punch something...
I really hope Avril doesn't turn being weeaboo into something mainstream and cool >_< ...don't get me wrong here I think Japanese culture is great (as long you're Japanese)
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:14:10
Link | Citer | R

What's wrong with Japanese culture for those who aren't Japanese?
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2014-04-22 16:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
Oh man... Did the new featured episode for STO season 9... So good. @_@
Do you get to Command your own damn ship this time not some hybrid awhajyoit????

I hope no more glitches in it that make me feel like I am humping a door knob in the dark...

Did that space walk 3 times Leon....3 damn times in the dark....
Your ship the whole time. Except for the ground parts, obviously.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Oh man... Did the new featured episode for STO season 9... So good. @_@
Do you get to Command your own damn ship this time not some hybrid awhajyoit????

I hope no more glitches in it that make me feel like I am humping a door knob in the dark...

Did that space walk 3 times Leon....3 damn times in the dark....
Your ship the whole time. Except for the ground parts, obviously.
Sweet. Taking the Macross Azure in then. /megustaface.jpg
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Because imitation isn't always flattering and often only promotes stereotyping when you mimic another culture the way weeaboo often do.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Because imitation isn't always flattering and often only promotes stereotyping when you mimic another culture the way weeaboo often do.
meh, just going to agree to disagree, to each their own.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2014-04-22 16:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Jet do you know a good bit about graphics cards (or anyone actually)

Just ordered this as an upgrade to my 560Ti: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-487-028

I want to say I got a good deal on it (granted it's not top of the line...) I just ... eh ... I dunno ... I know I made a ok choice (an upgrade is an upgrade at this point... lol) but .... just want opinions.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-04-22 16:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Japanese culture is great. The stereotypical weeaboo is not and does not mimic Japanese culture, it is a horrid monster that distorts it into something grotesque.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
In regards to stereotyping, my coworkers when eating Chinese food, start going "hai!" "konichiwa!" "aru gatou!" and I sit there, face palming...after I tell them that's Japanese....and they continue...I just hope they don't insult an Asian person to their face that way...I even offer them the few words in Chinese that I retained over 10 years.

Sometimes the Red Neck card isn't as appealing as it seemed...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Maybe I just don't like fake posers that on a mere whim to try to be someone they aren't, even if it means trampling over someones culture just to fit in.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:25:55
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't have had a problem with the 560TI, but Proth probably would be a better person to ask, I don't really keep up with cards...

I only look when I'm after one, and trying to find the best deal in my price range.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:26:54
Link | Citer | R

In regards to stereotyping, my coworkers when eating Chinese food, start going "hai!" "konichiwa!" "aru gatou!" and I sit there, face palming...after I tell them that's Japanese....and they continue...I just hope they don't insult an Asian person to their face that way...I even offer them the few words in Chinese that I retained over 10 years.

Maybe I just don't like fake posers that on a mere whim to try to be someone they aren't, even if it means trampling over someones culture just to fit in.

I don't see it as that in a lot of cases, but to each their own. Although I do seem to think that you're thinking of different people than I am. Like the people who try to get Chinese/Japanese/Korean tats of symbols that they think means one thing and means totally something else:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Japanese culture is great. The stereotypical weeaboo is not and does not mimic Japanese culture, it is a horrid monster that distorts it into something grotesque.
^ This is exactly what I was trying to say.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-04-22 16:27:52
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't have had a problem with the 560TI, but Proth probably would be a better person to ask, I don't really keep up with cards...

I only look when I'm after one, and trying to find the best deal in my price range.

Yeah honestly I was more attracted to the price then anything... just kind of a on the whim purchase that I hope doesn't bite me in the ***.
 Lye
By Lye 2014-04-22 16:28:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm afraid that's what the rest of the world calls the "American Card."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Turtle Sammich! Get in mah belly!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:29:58
Link | Citer | R

I guess I just have never encountered this "weeaboo" thing you're talking about...
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-04-22 16:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Except you essentially alienated anyone not of the culture who attempted to embrace it. I see nothing wrong with embracing Japanese culture, or any culture you're not a part of. As long as it is done properly and not in a half-assed way such as using very limited phrasing or attempting to incorporate the minimal amount of it into your life and essentially thinking it's "cool" or that you're somehow better than others because of it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Except you essentially alienated anyone not of the culture who attempted to embrace it. I see nothing wrong with embracing Japanese culture, or any culture you're not a part of. As long as it is done properly and not in a half-assed way such as using very limited phrasing or attempting to incorporate the minimal amount of it into your life and essentially thinking it's "cool" or that you're somehow better than others because of it.
and Spath comes in with what more or less I was thinking, personally I see nothing wrong with embracing a bit of each culture that you enjoy, or find interesting.

Personally I'd like to live in a modern European style castle with a moat, with a samurai sword, eating quesadillas but I'm just a poor white boy.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Sorry you took it that way but that was not what I meant.
I very much admire Japanese culture (and many other cultures as well) and I incorporate many of the values and ideas I find in them into my own life.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Personally I'd like to live in a modern European style castle with a moat, with a samurai sword, eating quesadillas but I'm just a poor white boy.
I was banking on something else BUT, que pasa hombre?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-04-22 16:36:20
Link | Citer | R

I guess I just have never encountered this "weeaboo" thing you're talking about...
The people I tend to link to the "weeaboo" term is somewhat similar to people from other countries who believe they are acting American because they are mimicking things (which are usually extreme or uncommon occurrences) that they have seen in media. Weeaboo tend to be spawned by people who become heavily attracted to anime or other Japanese media and essentially base the entire idea of their culture (and eventually themselves) on the minimal and sometime completely untrue things they've seen/heard.

At least, that's how I have always defined the term.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-04-22 16:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Schizm said: »

<(O.o)> Whoa Spath, where is this anger coming from?
Honestly not anger. Just based on how I interpreted

I think Japanese culture is great (as long you're Japanese)
Which I guess was just me assuming very poor wording choice.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-22 16:38:01
Link | Citer | R

base the entire idea of their culture (and eventually themselves) on the minimal and sometime completely untrue things they've seen/heard.
I wish I lived in Japan so I could pilot a giant mech to school!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-22 16:38:03
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting, and I'm technically working right now, but am bored out of my mind.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-04-22 16:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah my bad wording and my bad for assuming everyone would know what I meant
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-22 16:41:37
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting, and I'm technically working right now, but am bored out of my mind.
I am at work, killing time letting the traffic settle down some.

I should be at home installing Season 9 of STO while cooking..... hmmmmmmmm
First Page 2 3 ... 14591 14592 14593 ... 22711 22712 22713