Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 13222 13223 13224 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-08-23 10:38:58
Link | Citer | R

My family in michigan have owned all types of hunting dogs.

My two favorite were:
vizslas:

Hunting feature:
Their tail does not bend up so they don't have be trained to point, it sticks out straight naturally or curls under.

&
Chesapeake bay retrievers!

Two hunting features:
Flat incisors so they don't puncture water fowl & their curly coat that is just about water tight.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-23 10:41:28
Link | Citer | R

AnnaMolly said: »
I didn't think a Silver Lab existed till one of the guys I duck hunt with brought them up. I've wanted one ever since. Unfortunately, since it seems Silver labs are rather controversial within the American Kennel Club, and are rare, they are expensive. The AKC allows them to be registered as purebred, but they have to be registered as a Chocolate Lab, and can't compete in dog shows. Not that any of that makes a damn to me. I just can't afford the $1200 price, nor the drive to the breeder to get it, I find it cruel to have a dog boxed and shipped like a toy. Lastly, at the moment, I don't have the money to raise, feed or vaccinate a dog. =(

I was about to say after you posted the pic, that they're so expensive! You can only get them from specialized breeders. When we were browsing for silver labs we found out that there are only four legit breeders in this state.

I want one so bad, but yeah...I can't justify laying over $500 on a dog. We decided that, were we to ever get one, we would stud or breed once (apparently, it's better for females?), but I don't have the patience for that since I have my own puppy. Too much poo and urine!
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 10:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I didn't think a Silver Lab existed till one of the guys I duck hunt with brought them up. I've wanted one ever since. Unfortunately, since it seems Silver labs are rather controversial within the American Kennel Club, and are rare, they are expensive. The AKC allows them to be registered as purebred, but they have to be registered as a Chocolate Lab, and can't compete in dog shows. Not that any of that makes a damn to me. I just can't afford the $1200 price, nor the drive to the breeder to get it, I find it cruel to have a dog boxed and shipped like a toy. Lastly, at the moment, I don't have the money to raise, feed or vaccinate a dog. =(

I was about to say after you posted the pic, that they're so expensive! You can only get them from specialized breeders. When we were browsing for silver labs we found out that there are only four legit breeders in this state.

I want one so bad, but yeah...I can't justify laying over $500 on a dog. We decided that, were we to ever get one, we would stud or breed once (apparently, it's better for females?), but I don't have the patience for that since I have my own puppy. Too much poo and urine!
IIRC, there is one breeder in Southern OK, and somewhere in TX, I forget where exactly. But yeah, very rare, very expensive.

EDIT: I'd prefer to get a female, a dog humping random things creeps me out.
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-08-23 10:43:35
Link | Citer | R

All hail Thorgi!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-23 10:43:38
Link | Citer | R

I kind of want one of these...

But that might be too cruel with our summers. :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-08-23 10:44:08
Link | Citer | R

I kind of want one of these...

But that might be too cruel with our summers. :(
Mop Elemental?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-08-23 10:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Abysswalker said: »

All hail Thorgi!

I posted that yesterday >:| How dare you
[+]
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-08-23 10:45:26
Link | Citer | R

This breed is in my future :)

As soon as we buy a home next year, we will have either one Greyhound and one IG, or two IG.
[+]
By misacat 2013-08-23 10:46:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-08-23 10:46:46
Link | Citer | R

I was about to say after you posted the pic, that they're so expensive! You can only get them from specialized breeders. When we were browsing for silver labs we found out that there are only four legit breeders in this state. I want one so bad, but yeah...I can't justify laying over $500 on a dog. We decided that, were we to ever get one, we would stud or breed once (apparently, it's better for females?), but I don't have the patience for that since I have my own puppy. Too much poo and urine!
$500 doesnt sem that expensive especially for a specially bread dog... there was a guy I used to know at my old place that spent 2k+ on that damn french bulldog.. all the medical bills too... those things have so many problems...
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-08-23 10:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I posted that yesterday >:| How dare you
I do what I want you damn bear!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-23 10:50:49
Link | Citer | R

I'd prefer to get a female, a dog humping random things creeps me out.

I think we need a female too. I need to wait until my son is walking though, or find an adult dog to adopt. Can't do pup to adolescent dog right now. :(

The urge is there though! I was on the brink of snapping up a golden retriever while shopping with a buddy this summer, and had to be talked out of it. TEMPTATION!
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-08-23 10:52:06
Link | Citer | R

We had a female chihuahua that humped everything. xD

We've never paid for any animals.. they all seem to just show up one day and stay.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-23 10:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flavin said: »
I was about to say after you posted the pic, that they're so expensive! You can only get them from specialized breeders. When we were browsing for silver labs we found out that there are only four legit breeders in this state. I want one so bad, but yeah...I can't justify laying over $500 on a dog. We decided that, were we to ever get one, we would stud or breed once (apparently, it's better for females?), but I don't have the patience for that since I have my own puppy. Too much poo and urine!

$500 doesnt sem that expensive especially for a specially bread dog... there was a guy I used to know at my old place that spent 2k+ on that damn french bulldog.. all the medical bills too... those things have so many problems...

It's not, but the big thing is, I don't want to get bitched at when I get home. Also, I would be punishing myself, because I already have the big baby (he helps a little), the little baby, the rabbit, and the cat.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 10:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Abysswalker said: »
We had a female chihuahua that humped everything. xD

We've never paid for any animals.. they all seem to just show up one day and stay.
Females will hump when in heat. Some males will hump just to hump.

I'd prefer to get a female, a dog humping random things creeps me out.

I think we need a female too. I need to wait until my son is walking though, or find an adult dog to adopt. Can't do pup to adolescent dog right now. :(

The urge is there though! I was on the brink of snapping up a golden retriever while shopping with a buddy this summer, and had to be talked out of it. TEMPTATION!
Yeah, my Niece had a black lab, I asked if I could have it when they decide to get rid of it (as they always do. -.-) But they sold it to her BF's friend.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 10:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Also, the problem with Adult dogs is that some do not get along with children, good idea to raise a puppy with kids, but just watch them and make sure one doesn't mistreat the other.
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-08-23 11:00:57
Link | Citer | R

We got really lucky with most of our dogs.. they are just big derpheads around children.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 11:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Mom's Yorkies are yappy little *** that bark at everything.
 Siren.Flavin
Serveur: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-08-23 11:03:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I warned my brother and his wife about getting the second dog lol... no kids yet but the second dog is a handful... my brother and I were at our game the other week and my sister in law texts him with look what winston did today... he ate all the gumming bears and started throwing them up and shitting them out... lol... the thing is a little psycho... glad hes only like 10 pounds...

Edit: He's got a morky and a shorky...
[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-08-23 11:10:28
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-23 11:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, my Niece had a black lab, I asked if I could have it when they decide to get rid of it (as they always do. -.-) But they sold it to her BF's friend.

Why do they keep buying/adopting them? I get so annoyed with people who get any pet to keep up the "ideal family" model. I have former neighbors who bought two basset hounds, and left them outside all the time in the middle of the summer. Their bowls were always bone-dry, so I would hop the chain-link fence to give them water every day.

One thing that really killed me was when a BF, a few friends, and I went up to the Buffalo River for a canoeing/camping weekend in Arkansas during Spring Break, I saw someone abandon a dog at a reststop in the Willamena "Mountains" area. It took a minute to sink in that this was the situation. The dog was clearly a lab that someone couldn't handle/didn't pay attention to/Christmas present around four to six months.

There was definitely an argument that arose from it. LOL!

"There's bears and boars in Arkansas! We need to take that dog elsewhere!"

"I'm not driving around all weekend with some random dog!"

etc.

Was not happy. :(
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 11:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Fun Fact: The Azalea plant is poisonous to dogs (as well as other animals), if caught in time, induced vomiting will help them recover. To do this, take a straw, and dip it in Peroxide, til you have a drop or two, plug the other end with a finger and force-feed the drops to the dog, this will induce vomiting, the ingested azalea should come up with the vomit. /bow

EDIT: Or perhaps the better, safer advice would be to just not have azaleas if you have pets.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 11:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Why do they keep buying/adopting them? I get so annoyed with people who get any pet to keep of the "ideal family" model. I have former neighbors who bought two basset hounds, and left them outside all the time in the middle of the summer. Their bowls were always bone-dry, so I would hop the chain-link fence to give them water every day.

One thing that really killed me was when a BF, a few friends, and I went up to the Buffalo River for a canoeing/camping weekend in Arkansas during Spring Break, I saw someone abandon a dog at a reststop in the Willamena "Mountains" area. It took a minute to sink in that this was the situation. The dog was clearly a lab that someone couldn't handle/didn't pay attention to/Christmas present around four to six months.

There was definitely an argument that arose from it. LOL!

"There's bears and boars in Arkansas! We need to take that dog elsewhere!"

"I'm not driving around all week with some random dog!"

etc.

Was not happy. :(
I dunno why they do that, but I find it cruel and irresponsible, and it pisses me off, just like most of the stupid things they do.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-23 11:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Ohh are we talking about dogs now? i truely love how random the topic of this thread is.

My mom got one of these:

She thinks its polite to drink a lot of water then let the slobbery drool off her lips into your lap.
She also sits next to you and faces down and gives you puppy eyes, if that wont work she will drool a little.
She likes to Drool...
[+]
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-08-23 11:23:54
Link | Citer | R

I have a very low tolerance to drooling...My aunt has a newfie and you would think that Pavlov is ordering more cowbell 24/7 by the amount of drool she produces.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-08-23 11:24:26
Link | Citer | R

My cat drools more than my dog
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-23 11:28:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-08-23 11:32:52
Link | Citer | R

I need to go buy thread...and maybe more fabric....must.finish.project this weekend!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-08-23 11:36:34
Link | Citer | R

He only does it when he sleeps or someone pets him. It's not because he's sick or anything.
First Page 2 3 ... 13222 13223 13224 ... 22718 22719 22720