Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 12715 12716 12717 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 16:35:49
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Fenrir.Dierdreh
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Dierdreh
By Fenrir.Dierdreh 2013-07-12 16:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
You could just hook a controller up and use the keyboard for typing

Not big on controllers. :/ Not saying they are bad. I just prefer my keyboard. Although I ALMOST considered it. ALMOST.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 16:39:41
Link | Citer | R

It's not too different from any other MMO :/ You use the mouse in tons of PC games already anyway >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-12 16:42:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dierdreh said: »
You could just hook a controller up and use the keyboard for typing

Not big on controllers. :/ Not saying they are bad. I just prefer my keyboard. Although I ALMOST considered it. ALMOST.
The gamepad handles very well though. Do it, you know you want to~

However, there is a way to use aswd for directional target changing and I'm pretty sure it lets you move through menus as well.
 Fenrir.Dierdreh
By Fenrir.Dierdreh 2013-07-12 16:45:00
Link | Citer | R

It's not too different from any other MMO :/ You use the mouse in tons of PC games already anyway >.>

Hahaha, I suppose you're right but I never used it in XI and the only other game I play on PC is usally TF2 but the schematics are a bit different then an mmo ;). Plus FFXI has been the only other MMO I have ever played.

Speaking of TF2

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 16:46:10
Link | Citer | R

I never used mouse in XI or XIV 1.0 either, it sucked so much there but it's not that different from other MMOs and singleplayer games now

Also

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-12 16:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Oh, so we got a new Executive Chef a few days ago. Immediately the guy started making changes to things. I was only there the first day and then had two days off.

Get back today and learn most of second shift is considering quitting and half of first shift are too. Someone is already quitting on Sunday, and another is leaving once he gets back from his vacation.

The guy's a condescending *** and mocks his workers if they make a mistake. Including the other Chefs. Two of whom are just as (if not more) qualified as he is for his job, but wont commit the necessary time to fill the positions ridiculous demands.

I'm going to get shafted with 6 day weeks until we eventually manage to fill those positions in a few months, I know it.

Probably going to start looking for a new job. If things start looking bad, I'll look harder. Shame too, I just got a $1 raise.
 Fenrir.Dierdreh
By Fenrir.Dierdreh 2013-07-12 16:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Oh, so we got a new Executive Chef a few days ago. Immediately the guy started making changes to things. I was only there the first day and then had two days off.

Get back today and learn most of second shift is considering quitting and half of first shift are too. Someone is already quitting on Sunday, and another is leaving once he gets back from his vacation.

The guy's a condescending *** and mocks his workers if they make a mistake. Including the other Chefs. Two of whom are just as (if not more) qualified as he is for his job, but wont commit the necessary time to fill the positions ridiculous demands.

I'm going to get shafted with 6 day weeks until we eventually manage to fill those positions in a few months, I know it.

Probably going to start looking for a new job. If things start looking bad, I'll look harder. Shame too, I just got a $1 raise.

My roommate had a similar problem at the grocery store she worked at. They lost 7 night employees in one week. D:
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 16:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Another Ramsay wannabe?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Prefalin
user: Prefalin
By Ragnarok.Prefalin 2013-07-12 16:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Another Ramsay wannabe?
Reminds me of Amy's Baking Company...
Vote Rae, Executive Chef 2013.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 17:00:57
Link | Citer | R

My sister went to a hotel/restaurant school and she quit the restaurant part because of all the douches who wanted to be like Ramsay
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-12 17:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much, except his changes are *** stupid and aren't going to work. He's trying to treat this like a high class New York City restaurant where every cook is technically certified to be a Chef.

Davenport/Rock Island/Bettendorf/Moline are not New York City. At all. People have very simple tastes here and a bunch of strange or new crap is going to turn people off of our buffet and hurt business. Bad. Especially when 90% of our clientele are 60+ years old.

A lot of his 'new and improved' methods do what our old methods did, except vastly slower, painful and annoying.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-12 17:07:33
Link | Citer | R

I love to cook, learned how to at a young age. I worked in a restaurant once, and enjoyed it a lot but its a tiring (long hours) and thankless job unless you are at the top and doesnt pay well enough imo.
Glad I stuck with engineering and became a programmer instead.
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2013-07-12 17:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Wanting to be like Ramsay isn't a bad thing. He's a pretty cool guy as long as you're not *** around in his kitchen and possibly hurting his restaurants business.

However, people only see him being a raging *** and completely ignore his cooking shows where he's being nice to people.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 17:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Ever see Masterchef Australia? Those guys are great teachers, this guy isn't (at least not 90% of the time he's on TV)
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2013-07-12 17:24:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramsay can cook, it's the people that just focus on his raging cockass attitude and want to replicate ONLY that that make it bad.
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-07-12 17:27:01
Link | Citer | R

sooo glad to be home
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-07-12 17:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Ever see Masterchef Australia? Those guys are great teachers, this guy isn't (at least not 90% of the time he's on TV)

Do they cook spiders/scorpions?
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-07-12 17:28:02
Link | Citer | R

So,has anyone here managed to overcome debilitating shyness or anti-socialness (thats a word now)?
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-07-12 17:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
So,has anyone here managed to overcome debilitating shyness or anti-socialness (thats a word now)?

Yes. I call it confidence.

[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2013-07-12 17:29:55
Link | Citer | R

somewhat?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-07-12 17:31:13
Link | Citer | R

I'm slowly working on that, due to necessity at work. I'm miles better than I used to be. But still ridiculously shy. And I still lack the ability to (intentionally) flirt or confess feelings of attraction. :<
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-07-12 17:32:44
Link | Citer | R

social anxiety on the debilitating level is something you never 'overcome'. it's a constant battle of will.

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-07-12 17:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Alyora said: »

Confidence completely shattered and never recovered a while back. But have to change it somehow. And fast-ish! Need stuff to work on that work kinda like a gradual progression thing rather than just jump right in
By volkom 2013-07-12 17:34:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm slowly working on that, due to necessity at work. I'm miles better than I used to be. But still ridiculously shy. And I still lack the ability to (intentionally) flirt or confess feelings of attraction. :<
i'm super shy~ but if I want something. Its like
It never hurts to try, and never know! it could work out in your favor.
So I go for it. If it doesn't work out. Then I can hide behind a computer later and spam ._.;
[+]
 Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
By Bismarck.Alyora 2013-07-12 17:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Alyora said: »

Confidence completely shattered and never recovered a while back. But have to change it somehow. And fast-ish! Need stuff to work on that work kinda like a gradual progression thing rather than just jump right in

Confidence = alcohol :p
By Quiznor 2013-07-12 17:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
How exactly do you feel quiz? like

-only comfortable around family?
-only comfortable 1 on 1 if you know them really well?
-only comfortable alone?
-only uncomfortable in large groups?

Usually not even around my family,save for 1 or 2 members.
1 on 1 that i know really well,or know to a lesser degree based on hoe much time alone.
Comfortable alone ftw
Large groups dont bother me as long as there is someone i know well enough to fit into #2

Typing on phone,so deal with typos and slow replies!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12715 12716 12717 ... 22718 22719 22720