AltanaView Ver. 0.6.2 Alpha Needs An Update!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » AltanaView ver. 0.6.2 alpha needs an update!
AltanaView ver. 0.6.2 alpha needs an update!
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-06 01:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know of any other .dat file viewer comparable to AltanaView that I can use? Something that allows me to use current dats~ Thanks!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 02:14:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Here you go
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-06 02:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Arty got that right. I believe it's all up-to-date. Includes all the MMM weapons which I think were the last things added.

Don't be misled by a few of the names that the update-r decided to use for some of the weapons. Namely Bloody Sword, an awesome-looking GS that, with a name like that, you'd think it was ingame, but the name is tagged on a weapon that's unreleased.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 02:41:30

A few things are oddly labeled or are slightly messy but for the most part this is the most in-depth model viewer you can use. Access to map files, music dats, WS, spell and motion animations as well as up to date gear dats.

On a side note I believe that bloody sword GS is mislabeled and is the 4th stage relic GS which has it's own unique dat. But I could be wrong~
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-06 05:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Yay for illegal methods on this forum.

I thought I read somewhere in the rules stating that these threads should not exist....let me check that for ya....

Ok, nope, its not on the forum rules.

But it should be. Nothing asks for a major banhammer (or a strong search by the STFU) than people talking about illegal third party tools or illegal methods (changing .dats and all that....for cosmetic purposes.....still are against the ToS I believe. If it isn't, it should be >.>)

Ok, flame away (FFXIAH.com casts Flamaga on Korpg. No effect on Korpg.)
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-03-06 05:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Korpg you are a complete tool, why do you always have to be the *** of the forum?

If you don’t have anything constructive to add say nothing and stop being an attention *** >_>
 Siren.Aem
user: alekandr
By Siren.Aem 2009-03-06 06:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

I thought I read somewhere in the rules stating that these threads should not exist....let me check that for ya....

But it should be. Nothing asks for a major banhammer (or a strong search by the STFU) than people talking about illegal third party tools or illegal methods (changing .dats and all that....for cosmetic purposes.....still are against the ToS I believe. If it isn't, it should be >.>)

Perhaps you should read the OPs post again. Where did she say she was going to use modified .dats? Perhaps she wants an item for an avatar or a bit of artwork?
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-06 07:02:44
Link | Citer | R

What about all the people that post screenshots with obvious signs of windower plugins? In fact, every screenshot with text is a windower screenshot...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-06 07:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Not necessarily; you don't have to use the unofficial Windower to take screenshots of text. Although, yes, many SS's aren't afraid to show off their plugins.
 Hades.Ganesha
Serveur: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-06 08:31:37
Link | Citer | R

When will you people learn; If SE were going to ban people for Windower, 70% of the playerbase would have been banned by now. >.>

Unless you use plugins to increase movement speed or claiming etc. They really don't care.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-06 08:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Ganesha said:
When will you people learn; If SE were going to ban people for Windower, 70% of the playerbase would have been banned by now. >.>

Unless you use plugins to increase movement speed or claiming etc. They really don't care.
As much as I agree with you on this, I always figure it's better not to press the subject.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-06 08:37:36
Link | Citer | R

There's no longer anything against Windower in the ToS. The only reason it was "Bad" was because it was windowed mode, but SE released that themselves so they aren't going to ban you for that.

Plugins are just fancy calculators. Still nothing special.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-06 13:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

No flaming. Just Jaerik.
Jaerik said:
The irony of people arguing that Windower is cheating on a FFXIAH.com message board never ceases to amuse me.

You guys do know we're the same people, right? The core technology behind Windower, and the core technology behind FFXIAH.com, were both written by Cliff, one of our site admins. Hell, even I was around during most of the original development of Windower. (Leave it to a samurai to dream up seeing group members' TP.) The maintenance of the Windower code base has since been taken over by another development group with a slightly different ideology, but the point is the same.

Did you know that at one point, the extended macro system that Windower has now was actually a fully-featured reactive scripting system? You could automate your entire character. You could conceivably teach it how to pull, how to buff and heal your group when they needed it, how to fight mobs, even how to automatically do missions and quests, and then give those scripts to other people. I still have a copy of the prototype -- it works quite well.

Did you know that if we wanted to, we could so dramatically improve the Crafting section on FFXIAH.com that it could automatically compute the exact best personalized money-making synth for you at any moment, based off over a dozen existing market figures, day/crystal combinations, and your players' synth skills? We have the data -- it wouldn't be hard to implement.

But the scripting system for Windower was never released, and you will never see that kind of crafting functionality on FFXIAH.com.

Why not?

As per my previous post in this thread, because Terms of Service agreements are not legally binding documents, the only "rules" in FF: Online are what any given GM tells any given person on any given day. Everything else is just guidelines. But what will make SE start banning people indiscriminately is if a particular tool starts to give enough of an unfair advantage that they begin to lose subscribers over it. As such, it is our duty as 3rd party developers to make sure our tools never cross that line.

But to sit on an FFXIAH.com message board and accuse Windower users of "cheating," due to some non-existent ethical violation, is quite simply laughable.

LOL@U

And besides, I'm using it to make screenshots of my UltimaLM members to post in our forums. :3
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-06 13:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Since it's my thread, I'm requesting it be closed since Arty answered my question XD Thanks Art!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 13:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Anye, I have a fully updated list that my friend compiled (he's a bit of a nerd to be honest), it has more or less all of the new gear. I can upload it to my webspace if you like and link you to it.

Nvm... Only read the first post. lol.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-06 13:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
Anye, I have a fully updated list that my friend compiled (he's a bit of a nerd to be honest), it has more or less all of the new gear. I can upload it to my webspace if you like and link you to it.

COULD YOU!?!?! I'd so love that!!!!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 13:18:45

Anye said:
Since it's my thread, I'm requesting it be closed since Arty answered my question XD Thanks Art!

You are most welcome.

Scizor said:
Korpg you are a complete tool, why do you always have to be the *** of the forum?

If you don’t have anything constructive to add say nothing and stop being an attention *** >_>

Enternius said:
There's no longer anything against Windower in the ToS. The only reason it was "Bad" was because it was windowed mode, but SE released that themselves so they aren't going to ban you for that.

Plugins are just fancy calculators. Still nothing special.

Ganesha said:

Jaerik said:
But to sit on an FFXIAH.com message board and accuse Windower users of "cheating," due to some non-existent ethical violation, is quite simply laughable.

All of this.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-06 13:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
(FFXIAH.com casts Flamaga on Korpg. No effect on Korpg.)

Fairly sure it flipped you on your back and hit your weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!! <.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M(too lazy to figure out how to make the link tie to MASSIVE DAMAGE!!! right now, so yeah)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-06 13:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

(forgot to add this to earlier post)
Altana Viewer has NOTHING to do with in game performance, so how is it so illegal? Altana Viewer is as much of an "illegal third party tool" as FFXIAH.

ninja:
Hurrr, didnt see this:
Anye said:

HAY ANYE
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-06 14:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Nothing against the game performance, but "illegal" being it uses the copyright of SE in an unauthorized manner. Its still against the ToS (and most international copywrite laws, except for China) so its still considered "illegal."

But, I don't want to seem the hypocrite (or however you spell it, I just don't care anymore) so I'm just wanting to question the forum rules a little.

Should activities that are against ToS be promoted on this site? If SE felt it needed, they could sue this site and close it down for promotion of illegal programs against its interests.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 14:18:28

Korpg said:
Nothing against the game performance, but "illegal" being it uses the copyright of SE in an unauthorized manner. Its still against the ToS (and most international copywrite laws, except for China) so its still considered "illegal."

Using the term "illegal" is abit silly. There are no law violations whatsoever. If anything it's a minor violation of a contract/agreement made based on their policy and the only punishable act is a warning, slap on the wrist or ban. Nobody is going to be put behind bars for viewing, modifying dats or even using 3rd party hacks on a video game.

Korpg said:
But, I don't want to seem the hypocrite (or however you spell it, I just don't care anymore)

Why do you always start ***then? If you truly don't care, don't post.

Korpg said:
Should activities that are against ToS be promoted on this site? If SE felt it needed, they could sue this site and close it down for promotion of illegal programs against its interests.

This isn't promoting, it's a simple discussion on a very loose ruled message board forum. And in case you haven't noticed, look at what advertisements this site runs on to stay up. Also SE really can't use anything here against us since it's credibility is nil.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-03-06 14:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

But, I don't want to seem the hypocrite (or however you spell it, I just don't care anymore) so I'm just wanting to question the forum rules a little.

Apparently you didn't read through the previous post, cause it woulda answered your aforementioned question. And we are are sure your just the model citizen to....
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-06 14:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

Using the term "illegal" is abit silly. There are no law violations whatsoever. If anything it's a minor violation of a contract/agreement made based on their policy and the only punishable act is a warning, slap on the wrist or ban. Nobody is going to be put behind bars for viewing, modifying dats or even using 3rd party hacks.

"Illegal" in the sense that its against the ToS. Worst SE can do would be to sue you for taking their copywrite and transforming it into an image for your own self promotion (regardless of making a profit or not). I seriously doubt that SE will take that action because it A) costs too much money, and B) hurts their reputation with gamers.

The part about international copywrite laws is an exception of the fact though. International laws are very hard about copywrite infringements, to the point that you have to pay out the *** if caught. In Japan, you can get 15 years in jailtime + have to pay.....I believe.....100 million yen or so. This could be using windower also, something as minor as that. They don't care, if you do anything illegally, you are pretty much screwed in that context.

Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

Quote:
so I'm just wanting to question the forum rules a little.

Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

This isn't promoting, it's a simple discussion on a very loose ruled message board forum. And in case you haven't noticed, look at what advertisements this site runs on to stay up. Also SE really can't use anything here against us since it's credibility is nil.

Anye said:
Anyone know of any other .dat file viewer comparable to AltanaView that I can use? Something that allows me to use current dats~ Thanks!

Thats promotion of a tool that takes copywrite protected files and change them into....well....anything. Its still against the ToS. Its still against international copywrite laws. It still can give SE an excuse to sue this site and shut it down (if they really wanted to, but who knows, they might if it is serious enough).

But, since I know people are going to see this post and think "Korpg is talking, lets not read what he says" and proceed to flame away, go ahead. My points are valid, and seriously should be considered by Jaerik and Scragg.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-03-06 14:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

Using the term "illegal" is abit silly. There are no law violations whatsoever. If anything it's a minor violation of a contract/agreement made based on their policy and the only punishable act is a warning, slap on the wrist or ban. Nobody is going to be put behind bars for viewing, modifying dats or even using 3rd party hacks.

"Illegal" in the sense that its against the ToS. Worst SE can do would be to sue you for taking their copywrite and transforming it into an image for your own self promotion (regardless of making a profit or not). I seriously doubt that SE will take that action because it A) costs too much money, and B) hurts their reputation with gamers.

The part about international copywrite laws is an exception of the fact though. International laws are very hard about copywrite infringements, to the point that you have to pay out the *** if caught. In Japan, you can get 15 years in jailtime + have to pay.....I believe.....100 million yen or so. This could be using windower also, something as minor as that. They don't care, if you do anything illegally, you are pretty much screwed in that context.

Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

Quote:

Artemicion said:
Korpg said:

Anye said:

Thats promotion of a tool that takes copywrite protected files and change them into....well....anything. Its still against the ToS. Its still against international copywrite laws. It still can give SE an excuse to sue this site and shut it down (if they really wanted to, but who knows, they might if it is serious enough).

But, since I know people are going to see this post and think "Korpg is talking, lets not read what he says" and proceed to flame away, go ahead. My points are valid, and seriously should be considered by Jaerik and Scragg.

Are you seriously that f'in dense. Read the previous post. It WAS addressed previously by admins. Now you ARE just posting to simply read what others say about you. Have fun, I'm tired of replying in threads that you continue to flame ***in.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 14:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:

AltanaView is completely legitimate. All it does is simply open them in another application than Final Fantasy XI. Since all it's doing is loading and viewing the files, there is nothing illegal in doing so, thusly there's nothing wrong with promoting this application or talking about it. The only time AltanaView would be considered an illegal application is if it modified the .dat files, which it doesn't.

Think of it this way, if it helps; you can't get arressted for copyright infringement simply by looking at Microsoft's website.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-06 14:42:05

The bigger topic is...

Why even use .dat viewers? You look at a buncha equipment/spells... What's so interesting about that?

Then again, my girlfriend loves Sims, and all you do half the time is watch the Sim run around doing random stuff... Seriously, what's so interesting about that?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-03-06 14:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:

Mind sharing that link with all of us Wooooodum? PRrrzzz!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-06 14:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Not publically for obvious reasons, I'll PM anyone who wants it.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2009-03-06 14:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Luignata said:
The bigger topic is...

Why even use .dat viewers? You look at a buncha equipment/spells... What's so interesting about that?

Then again, my girlfriend loves Sims, and all you do half the time is watch the Sim run around doing random stuff... Seriously, what's so interesting about that?

I know alot of ppl on my old server used the .dat viewers to make sigs for their ls website.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-06 14:44:38

Korpg said:

What you need to realize is any violation you speak of, be it modifying dats, viewing data, even reverse engineering to create an emulated server or using third party hacks to exploit the game's mechanics are only infringing their ToS and policy, therefore any punishment will only come from SE. We're under their jurisdiction, not federal law.

Korpg said:

Really? If I didn't know better I'd say you were a troll here to cause unncessary drama and flood the thread with meaningless and hollow posts with little to no merit or legitimacy.

Korpg said:

What you're forgetting is the credibility of using this site or anyone's posts or pictures here has absolutely zero credibility. Using outside context to pass judgment within their own game where their only jurisdiction lies is silly. If your point were true then IGE and every other gil selling site would be shut down. But they're not. The best SE can do is shut them down in their own domain: FFXI.

Korpg said:

I read your posts and taken them into consideration but they have no merit. All I see is a tool causing drama making piss poor attempts to convince others that model viewers or the windower and it's plugins are "illegal". If this truly was a problem for this website, then we wouldn't have any gilseller advertisements, but alas that's what keeps this place alive.

Korpg said:
My points are not valid

Fix'd

Jaerik said:
The irony of people arguing that Windower is cheating on a FFXIAH.com message board never ceases to amuse me.

You guys do know we're the same people, right? The core technology behind Windower, and the core technology behind FFXIAH.com, were both written by Cliff, one of our site admins. Hell, even I was around during most of the original development of Windower. (Leave it to a samurai to dream up seeing group members' TP.) The maintenance of the Windower code base has since been taken over by another development group with a slightly different ideology, but the point is the same.

Did you know that at one point, the extended macro system that Windower has now was actually a fully-featured reactive scripting system? You could automate your entire character. You could conceivably teach it how to pull, how to buff and heal your group when they needed it, how to fight mobs, even how to automatically do missions and quests, and then give those scripts to other people. I still have a copy of the prototype -- it works quite well.

Did you know that if we wanted to, we could so dramatically improve the Crafting section on FFXIAH.com that it could automatically compute the exact best personalized money-making synth for you at any moment, based off over a dozen existing market figures, day/crystal combinations, and your players' synth skills? We have the data -- it wouldn't be hard to implement.

But the scripting system for Windower was never released, and you will never see that kind of crafting functionality on FFXIAH.com.

Why not?

As per my previous post in this thread, because Terms of Service agreements are not legally binding documents, the only "rules" in FF: Online are what any given GM tells any given person on any given day. Everything else is just guidelines. But what will make SE start banning people indiscriminately is if a particular tool starts to give enough of an unfair advantage that they begin to lose subscribers over it. As such, it is our duty as 3rd party developers to make sure our tools never cross that line.

Next time read this. Although not relating to the windower directly, you're pretty much pulling the same act.
First Page 2 3