Too Much EVA?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Too much EVA?
Too much EVA?
First Page 2
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-01-23 07:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Okay so there I was running around in my dancer's evasion set, which I still feel could use a few more points of evasion, when someone tells me that I have "way too much eva". They said something about 425 total but not to count skill and evasion together. When I asked how to figure out if I had this 425 cap they said they cant remember the math, but if I am going over a cap I would like to know that I can replace some pieces with haste pieces for shadows.

With this setup outside abyssea I get 370 Evasion Skill, 89 Evasion, and 100 AGI total. (That's an eva kila+2 and I mainhand it it just auto-did it that way)

If someone knows how to calculate and could spare a moment to explain it that would be sweet.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
Serveur: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-01-23 08:02:50
Link | Citer | R

425 cap? Wtf did u get that from? It depends what mob ur fighting, for some 400 eva is enough and some will give u a hard time even if u are over 500 eva.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-01-23 08:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Backstab said:
425 cap? Wtf did u get that from? It depends what mob ur fighting, for some 400 eva is enough and some will give u a hard time even if u are over 500 eva.

I dunno, that is just what they told me, they said for all zones pre-heroes that the cap was 425 evasion.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2011-01-23 08:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Boxer's mantle

Hope you have a haste set for Shadow casting

other then that, your set seems OK so far if you're on a budget, but yes it all depends on mob/NM you're fighting.
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-01-23 09:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, your set looks like a good start. I would begin swapping out some of that skill for the higher EVA+ pieces in their slots.

you're definitely not capping EVA on many mobs with that set though. Easiest explanation is that your actual evasion rate from your own stats is calculated on a sliding scale against things like Level Correction & Mob's Eva/Agi, Which are all big parts of the formula.

Keep getting a better set, when you need to evasion tank something worth a damn. You'll be happy that you've got enough to stay alive.
 Valefor.Endlesspath
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2011-01-23 09:20:58
Link | Citer | R

You might read through this older thread re: reaching the optimum mix of agi/eva/eva skill and related math. Specifically go to Archains post (about 1/3 from top); I've found it very close to what you need for the best overall evasion setup.

Evasion Skill vs. Evasion

Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-01-23 09:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Nah 425 is not enough for a lot of nm,s, try adze or tunga with 425 eva and u will know why.
Tbh my dnc is only lvl 37 but i do a lot of eva tanking/ soloing on my thf and i have 2 eva sets, and i still tend to change equipment while fighting if i notice that i have to much or not enough eva.
Btw if 425 eva is all u needed to reach the eva cap in pre heroes zones, why does thf need eva gear? Lvl 90 thf has 430~ eva without gear.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-23 09:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Well most NMs I use 0 evasion gear/atmas on thf other than yata and sorta GH atma... but I use those for other reasons. Namely dmg and subtle blow kinda. And alot of dncs seeem to forget they need to get tp too lol. Especially if you want to try and tank and keep any hate

I recently solo'd Adze like that didn't hit me once. And that's with it going around with it's fast attack speed and triple attack and only being able to dispel his haste the first time
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-01-23 09:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
but if I am going over a cap I would like to know that I can replace some pieces with haste pieces for shadows.

Whut? Why aren't you macro'ing in haste for shadow casting?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-23 09:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Subtle blow isn't too shaby either...
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-01-23 10:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jimie said:
Titan.Lillica said:
but if I am going over a cap I would like to know that I can replace some pieces with haste pieces for shadows.

I meant more here really, I macro in a couple pieces but could get more out of it if I already had a few pieces on. I don't use windower so I am limited to how many macros/how many lines I can have for swapping gear for things like shadows.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-23 10:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Yeah without spellcast or something it's hard to switch to haste at the end of cast... and ichi I'd want to still be in evasion if I needed it unless of course I was casting with 1 shadow left like I prefer to do anyways
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-23 10:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Titan.Lillica said:

I meant more here really, I macro in a couple pieces but could get more out of it if I already had a few pieces on. I don't use windower so I am limited to how many macros/how many lines I can have for swapping gear for things like shadows.

People forget not everyone has, wants, or uses Windower.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2011-01-23 10:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Titan.Lillica said:

6 lines means 6 pieces to swap to plus your macro button pushing speed.
don't need windower Scripts to be a good Tank etc. it just helps A LOT to be able to full gear swap in certain situations.

line 1-5 should be your high Haste gear for shadows line 6 for the shadow spell
next macro should be your swap back for eva tanking
next macro should be your 6 MDT gear swaps for caster NMs/mobs

i play on 360 and pc and its not easy getting adjusted to the macro change but its not hard either :o

And always~ Practice makes perfect :P
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2011-01-23 10:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah without spellcast or something it's hard to switch to haste at the end of cast... and ichi I'd want to still be in evasion if I needed it unless of course I was casting with 1 shadow left like I prefer to do anyways

I guess I'm still old school since i don't use spellcast. all i use is Scripts and have no prob with Gear swapping/casting etc
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-23 10:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Replace your hands with Derobade Mittens or Slither Gloves, the Wivre ring with a +5-7 AGI ring, the Evasion Earring with a higher +evasion stat earring.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-23 10:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ericka said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I guess I'm still old school since i don't use spellcast. all i use is Scripts and have no prob with Gear swapping/casting etc
Just gets harder after a long time paying attention. And lag and such seems to mess timing up on those more than spellcast
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-01-23 10:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Das and Eric know there stuff.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-23 12:16:24
Link | Citer | R

As others have said, I'm not aware of any sort of universal eva cap. T where's a cap on evade rate, but the value needed will vary from mob to mob. That doesn't mean that you couldn't situationally drop some eva though. For instance, swapping to Ballerines, Ocelot Gloves, a haste belt (or Nusku's if no Bullwhip/Twilight), and Charis Tiara would give you a decent amount of eva while retaining haste. Could also make a set where you're rocking a lot of SB mixed in with your eva - Charis Casaque and Necklace (ideally torero torque), Heed Ring, Rajas Ring for instance.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2011-01-23 12:23:29
Link | Citer | R

I think it's well established that their is a 95% accuracy cap, and it should come as no surprise that their is also an evasion cap. According to wiki, that cap is 80%. I personally thought it was higher than that, but I can't really say that it's wrong either.

The caps are completely based on the opponents accuracy which varies a ton by level. If a mob is fairly low level, capping evasion will be very easy so your build will be way overkill. Conversely, if the mob is about your level then you'll need about what you have if not more to cap out your evasion. However, at that point the mobs evasion to you will also be high. You can't win a fight by simply not dieing. You also need to kill the sucker.

With that said, I think I would swap out some of the small peanuts defensive pieces for much stronger offensive pieces.

I'd swap an evasion earring for Suppanomimi which basically gives 5% attack speed, as well as +1 evasion. I'd probably swap out the Goblin Cracker for a Thew Bomblet. I also think you can probably find a much better DPS offhand knife than Yataghan. I think you're sacrificing a ton in offense for that +6 evasion. I've been out of the game a while, but you can check my site for some other options.

Have fun!
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2011-01-27 09:23:10
Link | Citer | R

There is no evasino cap as per say. as long as the mob hits with more than 20% hit rate then you are not caped. (80% evasion rate)

now, on most situations, on thf, no eva gear and you'll just cap it already. dnc sholdnt be that far fro it either.

where you really need something is on nms and i agree some like adze are a real pain if you go mildly on evasion. (unless you can debuff the mobs)

kiting (blurr) tping (boxer) imo due to +10 parry as well.
novia + brutal earring better than the two you are using.
ther are some evasion glvoes with better stat on pure eva. the denali gloves or the gloves from woe (cant rememebr the name). you get as much eva or more and some other stat that could help.
wivre ring... if anything, some agi+6 or 7 would beat it imo. but that's not really where you should push for evasion.

now over all it seems pretty good already but definitively not over the cap for a good number of nms.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-27 09:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Boxer's Parrying+10 will likely have no impact on your parrying rate even if you're at our skill cap, unless you're fighting stuff a lot weaker than you. So Blur is just better all around.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-01-27 09:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ajirha said:
There is no evasino cap as per say. as long as the mob hits with more than 20% hit rate then you are not caped. (80% evasion rate)

What is this? 80% Evasion Rate cap? wow you must be delusional or something, I can sit tank any NM outside of abyssea on my nin sub war or drk(stun is useful) and have the mob locked at a 5% hit rate.

Quote:

now, on most situations, on thf, no eva gear and you'll just cap it already. dnc sholdnt be that far fro it either.

huh? where are your supporting facts? can you show us some proof of this that there is an eva cap? cause even at 75 when I originally started sit tanking ***with a 10% hit rate at that level.

Quote:

ther are some evasion glvoes with better stat on pure eva. the denali gloves or the gloves from woe (cant rememebr the name). you get as much eva or more and some other stat that could help.
wivre ring... if anything, some agi+6 or 7 would beat it imo. but that's not really where you should push for evasion.
Trash

Quote:

now over all it seems pretty good already but definitively not over the cap for a good number of nms.

every mob spawns at different levels in the game to give them varying accuracy, evasion, pDIF, to avoid static gear to make all mobs hit rates on you stay at 5%, you can never have a 0% chance of being hit unless using perfect dodge because of the 95% rule with FFXI.
 Alexander.Kuraneko
Serveur: Alexander
user: Kuraneko
By Alexander.Kuraneko 2011-01-27 09:50:03
Link | Citer | R

The below is what I use currently for an evasion kit (w/haste-fastcast swaps for shadows)

Balarines, Nusku's Sash (really want a new waist...sick of the -hp -.-), Alcide's Harness, Toreo Torque were all things I was thinking of working on for it.

Would Auric > Yagatahn be a decent upgrade for OP for now? The wyrm it's from wasn't hard at the time and it's not an awful drop to work on if you have a few friends or the right job already.

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-01-27 20:23:30
Link | Citer | R

This is what I am using. My DNC is only a few weeks old so there are a few more adjustments I need to make but I feel it's decent at the moment. I haven't tanked anything big yet, because my LS always makes me come WHM or BRD but the NMs I've soloed haven't been much of a problem either.

I prefer Hairpin>O hat since you should be capped on acc anyways and the AGI+ equals an extra 1.5 EVA.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-01-27 22:28:27
Link | Citer | R

You're main handing the wrong weapon, why would you off hand something with higher base damage?! your still going to get quadruple attack stacked on your main hand if that's what your worried about, I'm almost positive that the additional effect can also proc on the off hand, idk I don't own one myself, and I wouldn't ever consider using one on my nin to begin with because there are better daggers to be used in place of it.

If the additional effect cannot active on off hand, well then its not going to activate to begin with if you are using any Sambas.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-27 23:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
You're main handing the wrong weapon, why would you off hand something with higher base damage?! your still going to get quadruple attack stacked on your main hand if that's what your worried about, I'm almost positive that the additional effect can also proc on the off hand, idk I don't own one myself, and I wouldn't ever consider using one on my nin to begin with because there are better daggers to be used in place of it.

If the additional effect cannot active on off hand, well then its not going to activate to begin with if you are using any Sambas.

I can't tell if any of this is for real.
[+]
By AlkalineJoe 2011-01-27 23:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

Lol wow. I offhand it. I just added it first to the set. Way to overreact. And how the *** did we get on the topic of NIN.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-27 23:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Asura.Ajirha said:

What is this? 80% Evasion Rate cap? wow you must be delusional or something, I can sit tank any NM outside of abyssea on my nin sub war or drk(stun is useful) and have the mob locked at a 5% hit rate.

Quote:

huh? where are your supporting facts? can you show us some proof of this that there is an eva cap? cause even at 75 when I originally started sit tanking ***with a 10% hit rate at that level.

Quote:

Trash

Quote:

every mob spawns at different levels in the game to give them varying accuracy, evasion, pDIF, to avoid static gear to make all mobs hit rates on you stay at 5%, you can never have a 0% chance of being hit unless using perfect dodge because of the 95% rule with FFXI.

Evade rate does indeed cap at 80%, the 95% rule does apply to hit rate, but only on the inverse. Hit rate (or accuracy) caps at 95%, however the lowest possible hit rate is 20% (80% evade rate) (see http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate). The quote that you struck out and commented "trash" has nothing within it that I would consider "trash," in fact everything in that quote is quite good advice. Also, thief does tend to cap eva on most NQ mobs without the need for evasion+ gear.

I suggest in the future you do some more research before you comment.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-27 23:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:

You do realize that the item set thing is kinda glitchy/weird and puts the daggers in the wrong order a lot of the time... right?
First Page 2