Rift - So, Who Is Going To Get This?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Rift - So, who is going to get this?
Rift - So, who is going to get this?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Authority
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-01-14 21:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Let me start off by saying that I love FFXI and I used to love WoW back in the day. The only MMO to hold me since release has been FFXI, though.

That being said, I have also played Rift in the beta. So to get it out of the way right off the bat, YES rift is basically a WoW clone. HOWEVER, there are some differences. Most notably, the class system. This is something that seems to be very interesting... you choose an archetype, and can choose between any of the classes within that archetype. Look it up if you want more info, while it doesn't give as much freedom as FFXI's job system (which is the best to date of any MMO), it does come close.
Basically, Rift is WoW for those burnt out on WoW. It has great graphics, a new class system, and a lot of polish.

All of that aside, I'm curious as to who else here is at least interested in it. I've already pre-ordered it off Steam, has anyone else?
[+]
 Asura.Perrymason
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-01-14 21:16:40
Link | Citer | R

I dont pre-order anything anymore sadly, It's just become load of ***after load of ***lately with the releases, but If it gets a good review, I might be willing to try it.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2011-01-14 21:20:03
Link | Citer | R

I haven't looked into the game at all, but I know the game Runes of Magic (Free MMO, got game of the year in Germany or something like that) is supposed to surpass WoW in every way. And for free.

I can't say one way or another though, but that would be worth a try.
 Asura.Authority
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-01-14 21:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Perrymason said:
I dont pre-order anything anymore sadly, It's just become load of ***after load of ***lately with the releases, but If it gets a good review, I might be willing to try it.

You know, after being burned so many times by MMOs you'd think I'd learn, but sadly I haven't. Although, your approach is probably the best way to go about it.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-01-14 21:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Authority said:

Basically, Rift is WoW for those burnt out on WoW.

Isn't that what they said about LotRo, and Warhammer, and Age of Conan, and Aion, etc, etc?

With that said, I really enjoyed LotRo, and I admit that Rift looks cool, but a polished WoW clone is still a WoW clone.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-01-14 21:37:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
I haven't looked into the game at all, but I know the game Runes of Magic (Free MMO, got game of the year in Germany or something like that) is supposed to surpass WoW in every way. And for free.

I was never that impressed with runes of magic, to me it was pretty much just like every other grind f2p mmo
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-14 22:25:24
Link | Citer | R

I looked at the site and thought 'Meh.'

It doesn't look all that impressive, but honestly I've gotten tired of playing MMOs. I've already put too much time in XI/XIV to start something over again.

Quote:
I dont pre-order anything anymore

I don't either. The only reason I'd pre-order a game is if it was really good or only available in limited quantities, like LBP2 Collectors Edition <3.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-15 07:33:57
Link | Citer | R

It looked ok, Animations were a bit wack. Looks more fun than XI.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-01-23 10:05:02
Link | Citer | R

http://www.riftgame.com/en/beta/index.php

The beta is ready in 2 days. can get the beta keys. we got tons from a guild member in WoW, so I might try it for the beta
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-23 10:15:29
Link | Citer | R

Any idea if servers are global or region based?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-01-23 10:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Any idea if servers are global or region based?

Global
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-01-23 10:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Sounds interesting !!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-23 10:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Now my interest is incredibly piqued.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-23 10:35:13
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to try it, but I always have shitty luck when it comes to getting into a beta (Ex. Everyone else gets in but me >.>)

Guess i'll just have to wait and hope.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-01-23 11:40:57
Link | Citer | R

I just got the email they selected me for the beta so Im downloading it now XD

In the questionnaire, the last question asked if I wanted to say something about myself...my answer: FEMALE GAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-23 12:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I just got the email they selected me for the beta so Im downloading it now XD

In the questionnaire, the last question asked if I wanted to say something about myself...my answer: FEMALE GAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

See what I mean?!? lol

~.~ Swear it's like I'm a perfect canditate to test ***out and they let in people that hardly play lol.

Oh well, guess i've still got two days to wait to see lol, probably hurts me since I just signed up for it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-24 06:45:17
Link | Citer | R

So out of some divine luck, I guess I was accepted into the beta :D

Gonna be fun to try something new.
 Alexander.Kolossus
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Kolossus 2011-01-24 13:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Rift doesn't look like a bad game at all. Not having played the beta, I didn't know it was basically a WoW clone. I, personally, have never been a big WoW fan. But that's not to say I won't give it a try for free, to at least see if the polish appeals to me.

Tera is the game I've been holding out for. It looks like it might be the perfect hybrid of action and MMORPG that I've been hoping to see for awhile.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-01-24 13:30:49
Link | Citer | R

I have a number of very good friends and ex co-workers working on Rift.

From what I've seen, they're doing an extraordinarily good job with their attention to detail and stability, and they're one of the only MMO's that still intends to do large in-game events run by actual people. They're well aware of the significance of the 800-pound gorilla in the room (WoW) and are trying hard to provide a viable AAA-caliber alternative.

The team is lead by Scott, who deserves a great deal of credit (if not all of it) for saving EQ2 once it had a dismal launch and was in danger of being canceled. A lot of the team comes from ex-SOE folks. That means they've all done this before, and unlike SE with FF14, have learned from their mistakes. This is the 4th MMO for some of them.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 20:46:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the Beta too. Looking forward to run a bard :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 21:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I have a number of very good friends and ex co-workers working on Rift.

From what I've seen, they're doing an extraordinarily good job with their attention to detail and stability, and they're one of the only MMO's that still intends to do large in-game events run by actual people. They're well aware of the significance of the 800-pound gorilla in the room (WoW) and are trying hard to provide a viable AAA-caliber alternative.

The team is lead by Scott, who deserves a great deal of credit (if not all of it) for saving EQ2 once it had a dismal launch and was in danger of being canceled. A lot of the team comes from ex-SOE folks. That means they've all done this before, and unlike SE with FF14, have learned from their mistakes. This is the 4th MMO for some of them.

I actually like how they're dealing with Wow. There's no point in ignoring it, so tackle it head on.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-01-24 21:29:43
Link | Citer | R

I want to play it. How big is the beta?
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2011-01-25 03:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Was just checking this out and was curious. Anyone find it ironic that the 2-headed turtle mount you get when pre-ordering the collector's edition, boosts your speed by 60%?
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-01-25 05:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:

Yes Runes of Magic is a very good game indeed, and it is free. For Rift I will wait after release before I give it a try. I don't pre-order any mmorpg since I made that mistake with that horrible Aion game.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-01-25 05:34:55
Link | Citer | R

lol fast turtle. I just seen some gameplay trailers and I must say it looks fantastic and i like the soul system. The guy in the video was changing on the fly which, although ffxi's system is so unique and broad, we still can not change on the fly. We have to go to a moogle to change. In the video the guy was a archtype mage character yet went from being a sort of support healer role to what those of us ffxi players could relate to a RDM. I was impressed. I probably won't be chomping at the bit to play. I just started DC Universe Online (loving it i dont care what you say about it) and there Dragon Age 2 coming out in march, SWTOR coming out (hopefully this year for reals) and a neat little handheld title Im picking up next month by the name of Dragon Quest VI. Too many games plus work and college, but everyone who does play, ENJOY! And I truely hope this is a game that pulls most of you away from the depressing ***hole that is FFXI.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-01-25 05:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I haven't looked into the game at all, but I know the game Runes of Magic (Free MMO, got game of the year in Germany or something like that) is supposed to surpass WoW in every way. And for free. I can't say one way or another though, but that would be worth a try.
Yes Runes of Magic is a very good game indeed, and it is free. For Rift I will wait after release before I give it a try. I don't pre-order any mmorpg since I made that mistake with that horrible Aion game.

Your telling me. I pre-ordered FFXI for PS3 back before PC release. Thank god I got that pre-order refunded otherwise Gamestop would have my money forever lol!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-25 05:41:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I haven't looked into the game at all, but I know the game Runes of Magic (Free MMO, got game of the year in Germany or something like that) is supposed to surpass WoW in every way. And for free. I can't say one way or another though, but that would be worth a try.

Your telling me. I pre-ordered FFXI for PS3 back before PC release. Thank god I got that pre-order refunded otherwise Gamestop would have my money forever lol!
How does that happen? PS3 wasn't even around (I don't even think it had been announced there was going to be a PS3 at that time) when FFXI was released for PC..
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-01-25 05:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Ya it was in like early august or mid july they announced PC and PS3 release date of FF14 in DEC 2010. Then sept came and released early and they pushed back ps3 to march of this year, which has now been pushed back indefinately.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8