users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Low-manning Charis +2 Items
Low-manning Charis +2 Items
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-12 10:47:27
Link | Citer | R

My Abyssea LS has recently fallen apart and I'm left to either start from scratch in a new LS, or low-man my way from here. I've decided to go with the latter.

I always read about people low-manning their way to +2 equipment and how easy it is. But it makes me wonder, how are they doing it?

I currently have my +1 head, hands, legs, and feet. I'm 0/10 on the +1 body though. I was hoping all of you super low-manning DNCs can throw out some strategies you used and paths you took to obtain each of the +2 Charis pieces. I'd love to be able to grab a few friends (or even do some /shouts if need be) to finish off the set.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-12 10:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Lusca is easy with DNC + mage. Probably easy solo if you got lucky and it never went into Phys absorb mode.

Durinn is also easy with DNC+mage. You could probably solo it, too. If you want a faster track to +1 feet, Bukhis is a lot harder. It's not too bad to hold for a bit while someone procs grellow and you can pop a brew on it then, lol.

Sobek is easily done by DNC+Mage if you have a resist death atma. Tristitia probably is do-able that way, too.

+1 Body....Minicerb in Altep is easy. DNC can solo, bring a mage and a thief for efficiency due to the retardation of the popset. DNC can tank Orthrus for jewels, or you can duo Fuath with a WHM.

+1 hands, Tablilla in Altep is soloable. Best bet for low-man on hands is Dragua, even though he can only drop one of the items.

In all cases where I say "DNC+Mage," it's advised to throw in a trigger *** and a thief for efficiency, at minimum.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-12 11:02:23
Link | Citer | R

It's helpful to have several types of farming crews, I'll order them:
1) THF/NIN, DNC/NIN, BLU/NIN, WHM/RDM, BLM/BRD - Don't care about red, and it covers all the Grellow triggers.
2) NIN/WAR, WAR/NIN, THF/NIN, WHM/RDM, BLM/BRD, BLU/NIN - Every Red and Grellow is covered, good for farming old zone sets but requires one more person.

Elemental Seal -> Threnody tends to land more often than not, though it can certainly be resisted. If you don't have this many people, you can either do you Red and Grellow triggering in two stages or leave potential Grellow triggers out. You can drop the White Mage on some NMs and maintain all the Grellow triggers as long as you fight on Fires to Iceday, for instance.

Anyway, AF3+2 items:
* Body - Jewels of Ardor - Hedjedjet is by far the best option. A Type-1 farming crew can take him down easily (stun Bindga, Breakga, or failing that, Hell Scissors) Violent Flourish lands easily, so save it for Hell scissors on times when the BLM misses Stun.
* Legs - Card of Balance - Tristitia is killable with a Type-1 farming crew. No need for Red. His Tier 2 is hard, and Sobek is easy but has a bad drop rate and requires Red !!. Pick your poison.
* Head - Card of Vision - Lusca is killable with a Type-1 farming crew. No need for Red. Itz is also easy, but requires Red and Tunga.
* Feet - Stone of Voyage - You will want to farm Bukhis sets with a reduced Type-2 farming crew, but Type-1 is more than enough to kill him these days.
* Hands - Coin of Wieldance - Fake Vrtra in Grauberg is the best option for these, but he's a pain to kill. He looks like a huge pain in the ***, honestly. Dragua is easy to kill and farm, but he is a minor dropper on coins. I suspect this will be the last AF3+2 piece I finish between both the WAR and DNC sets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-13 10:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Thank you guys for all the info! I did Bukhis twice last night and got all six of my Stones! Now I'm wearing my very first piece of AF3 +2! Bukhis was actually very easy.

My next goal is my +1 body. I've heard horror stories about Amarok though. No matter what, I'm definitely going that route because he also drops my COR +1 body seals. But what's up with the 100k Tiger King's Hide?! I was getting those left and right partying in Altepa the other day. I wonder why they are so expensive compared to the other two pops that are only 10k?
By mercure 2011-01-13 12:24:44
Link | Citer | R

Because hides arent THAT common in gold chests, and Tiger NM is a gay timed pop that drops hide once in a blue moon.

Cerberus.Starr
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 12:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Sobek is easy but has a bad drop rate and requires Red !!
I don't agree, KI drop at like 80% rate without red !! now from my experience (maybe I am lucky but I farm tons and don't bother with red cus I'm solo/duo). Even if it doesn't drop on your first Lizard/Bugard NM it only takes 2 mins to do another and the Pieste NM repops in 9-10mins and going 0/2 is low statistically, given the drop rates I experience.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-13 12:39:20
Link | Citer | R

I also do not go out of my way to trigger red, and have had little issue. I go on mnk and try staff and club before just killing whatever I'm fighting. The spawn rates on timed NMs is so low that it's a non-issue and of course pop spawns are even easier.

I average 1/3 on key items usually, and it doesn't require any outside assistance. If you have a solid small group of friends like Byrth does though, it's not so bad. If you are mostly alone and can only rely on 1-2 people like myself, you might as well ignore the red procs for key items.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 12:43:38
Link | Citer | R

We usually have dagger, sword, club, and staff only and do just fine on KIs.

Discernment abyssite will let you know pretty quickly what you need to try (or whether you need to give up_ with those weapons you have like a 50% chance of having it.

Even if the KI drop rate is only 50% w/o red proc, you're still gonna get the KI 3/4 times with a couple of weapons available.
 Cerberus.Starr
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-13 12:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I also do not go out of my way to trigger red, and have had little issue. I go on mnk and try staff and club before just killing whatever I'm fighting. The spawn rates on timed NMs is so low that it's a non-issue and of course pop spawns are even easier.

I average 1/3 on key items usually, and it doesn't require any outside assistance. If you have a solid small group of friends like Byrth does though, it's not so bad. If you are mostly alone and can only rely on 1-2 people like myself, you might as well ignore the red procs for key items.
I'd say 1/3 is really unlucky, especially considering you attempt to proc sometimes, mine's a lot higher without ever trying. They are for sure over 50%
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-01-13 15:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Best bet for low-man on hands is Dragua, even though he can only drop one of the items.

Dragua has a very broken drop rate on coins. Our group has killed ~70-80 Dragua w/ grellow with only 5 coin drops. If you haven't started collecting them I would suggest brewing a few Azdaja instead. I'll probably just try to hold out for another ~20 Dragua's to get my last 2 coins (I missed one ;;).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 15:31:39
Link | Citer | R

I kind of noticed that too.
But, Azdaja is awful.
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-01-13 23:16:55
Link | Citer | R

ls member brewed an Azdaja so that's 5/5 +2. The first thing I tested/noticed was 100 tp reverse flourish.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-14 07:18:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm honestly probably going to end up Brewing him too. Going to farm some pops and see if I can get two in though. Anyone know how Aeolian Edge does on him?
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-01-14 10:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Ls mnk was able to get 3 in with 1 brew using a chest to stop the timer so you should have no problem with 2. Aeolian Edge should do great but haven't personally tried it on him.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-14 12:12:10
Link | Citer | R

My plan is to pop with a holding/grellow party + me, fight with them and Grellow/Red/(blue?) it at high HP. Then I'll brew it. After it dies, I'll lot what I need and engage the nearby conflux to preserve my brew. Then they pop another, Grellow it at high HP, and I unengage from the conflux and murder it. That way I get two grellows out of one brew. I could potentially do the same thing a third time if the first two kills are quick enough.