Dancer Weapon Question
First Page 2
 Shiva.Shinneh
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2011-01-12 05:04:19
Link | Citer | R

I have been a bit confused as to what some ideal weapons would be on DNC.
I'm currently using 2x Yataghan (with DMG+5 crit hit dmg+4% in main, dmg+3 crit hit dmg+3% offhand), but welcome to do any trials (except making twashtar thingy). I was working on a DEX Kila but now i'm not so sure if it is worth it.

Any thoughts? Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Don't have shinryu access, so no Twilight Dagger is not an option yet ; ;
 Lakshmi.Caolan
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Echo13
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-01-12 05:52:58
Link | Citer | R

I´m currently using Magnus Dagger (until I get my Twilight knife) and Auric Dagger, I´d recommend those. I´m working on Eva+ Kila´s aswell.

The DEX Kila is a nice piece, top it off with some Razed Ruins and Omnipotent and you got yourself a sexy weaponskill build.
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
Serveur: Asura
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-01-12 05:56:05
Link | Citer | R

With how much DEX you get in Abyssea, and how much Accuracy you have from that, as well as the high skill cap 75+, DEX Kila won't give you nearly as much of a bonus as other weapons.. Personally I use Twilight Knife and OAT Parazonium +2.
 Shiva.Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2011-01-12 06:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Caolan said:
I´m currently using Magnus Dagger (until I get my Twilight knife) and Auric Dagger, I´d recommend those. I´m working on Eva+ Kila´s aswell.

The DEX Kila is a nice piece, top it off with some Razed Ruins and Omnipotent and you got yourself a sexy weaponskill build.

Aah Yes I do currently use RR+Omega Atma right now, working on a 3rd lunar abyssite lol.

Asura.Buddhsie said:
With how much DEX you get in Abyssea, and how much Accuracy you have from that, as well as the high skill cap 75+, DEX Kila won't give you nearly as much of a bonus as other weapons.. Personally I use Twilight Knife and OAT Parazonium +2.

Is that the 2-3 times parazonium or the 2-4? lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2011-01-12 06:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Depends what role u use dnc for, if soloing i would suggest doing 2 eva+20 kila2.
but also
Auric dagger the subtle blow+10.
Parazonium +2 occ 2-4.
Phurba dmg:44 dly:190 acc:+10 cure waltz potency +10%
all have a place
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-01-12 06:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Shinneh said:
Lakshmi.Caolan said:
I´m currently using Magnus Dagger (until I get my Twilight knife) and Auric Dagger, I´d recommend those. I´m working on Eva+ Kila´s aswell. The DEX Kila is a nice piece, top it off with some Razed Ruins and Omnipotent and you got yourself a sexy weaponskill build.
Aah Yes I do currently use RR+Omega Atma right now, working on a 3rd lunar abyssite lol.
Asura.Buddhsie said:
Is that the 2-3 times parazonium or the 2-4? lol

OAT = occasionally attacks twice. The two versions of Parazonium +2 are 2 hit and 2-4 hit.

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
Depends what role u use dnc for, if soloing i would suggest doing 2 eva+20 kila2. but also Auric dagger the subtle blow+10. Parazonium +2 occ 2-4. Phurba dmg:44 dly:190 acc:+10 cure waltz potency +10% all have a place

By all means swap up your weapons for tanking/soloing to 1 Evasion Kila.. but I would suggest always using Twilight Knife. If you have tanking atmas on like Gnarled horn, subtle blow caps fairly easily, as well as dual wield and total delay cap.. So I'd throw Auric outta there for good now. Phurba is.. interesting.. personally I wouldn't bother.
 Shiva.Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2011-01-12 07:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Buddhsie said:

OAT = occasionally attacks twice. The two versions of Parazonium +2 are 2 hit and 2-4 hit.

Apologies, I thought it could mean Occasionaly Attacks Thrice lol.

Guess I will carry on with the 2-4 that I abandoned at the 300 hyppos lol and press on to get twilight knife! ^^
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-01-13 13:23:02
Link | Citer | R

For now I'm using the following depending on the situation, in and out of abyssea:
Full dd (saber dance): Phurba + Twilight
dd + healing (no saber): Phurba + OAT+2 (1-2)
HNM: -PDT Kila+2 X2 (love these more than any dagger)

Feel free to replace Phurba with any Kila+2 or decent dmg/delay dagger.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 13:26:31
Link | Citer | R

It's so dependent on what you are doing with it... you straight DDing, tanking, more supportish, mixed. If you are tanking is your evasion good enough without evasion dagger. Do you want to limit tp to mob even more
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-13 13:27:22
Link | Citer | R

^
I'd imagine dancer is probably the most diverse when it comes to weapons. You're able to fill so many roles so it really depends on what you are doing.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-13 13:36:23
Link | Citer | R

There's no clear cut answer, but this is how I see it...

Saber Dance: Kila+2/Twilight Dagger could use like DA Parazonium, or like a WS+% dagger or whatever in place of Kila.

Healer: Phurba/Twilight Dagger if you don't have/aren't using a ton of DA/TA gear/atmas, Parazonium +2 would be a decent offhand. It's also nice for outside of Abyssea. I know old content right?

Soloing/Tanking/wtfever: Eva Kila+2 are neat, PDT- Kila+2 are neat... etc etc.

There's no real concrete answer, so I'm sorry. Just get all the daggers ever and you should be good to go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-01-13 13:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny said:
For now I'm using the following depending on the situation, in and out of abyssea:
Full dd (saber dance): Phurba + Twilight
dd + healing (no saber): Phurba + OAT+2 (1-2)
HNM: -PDT Kila+2 X2 (love these more than any dagger)

Feel free to replace Phurba with any Kila+2 or decent dmg/delay dagger.

Do you think the high base dmg of Phurba performs better than a bunch of DEX for Evisceration? Or is it an inside/outside Abyssea thing? I've just questioned whether I should continue this DEX Kila or not lol. For healing I totally get it because of the Waltz potency increase.

For me right now I just use Auric and OAT dagger almost all the time, substituting DEX dagger for either (usually Auric) whenever a primary DD role arises or I suddenly need a ton of acc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 13:43:20
Link | Citer | R

I mean ***I haven't really built it up that much and I use 4-5 daggers on just thf lol.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 13:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Do you think the high base dmg of Phurba performs better than a bunch of DEX for Evisceration? Or is it an inside/outside Abyssea thing?
Abyssea wouldn't really effect that unless you weren't capping Ddex... but should be using Dancing edge anyways outside. Has 9 dex right? That would add 2-3 to base dmg on Evisceration
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 14:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Buddhsie said:

If you have tanking atmas on like Gnarled horn, subtle blow caps fairly easily, as well as dual wield and total delay cap.. So I'd throw Auric outta there for good now.

The Pseudo-subtle blow from AGI appears to cap around 50% but is applied multiplicatively with true "Subtle Blow" which also caps at 50%. The AGI stuff doesn't get thrown in the subtle blow cap, it's calcualted outside of it. DNC gets Subtle Blow III for a baseline of +15 SB, so you need +35 to cap it. <Charis Neck, Tiercel, Agasaya's> for +5, Rajas for +5, still need 25 which you can form using some mix the following:

Heed Ring + 7
Charis body + 1 (7) or +2 (10)
Nusku's Sash (+5)
Slither Gloves (+5)
Auric Dagger (10).

Most of these compete for a spot with gear that provides more DPS. Slither <--> Dusk, Nuksu <---> Twilight, etc. If you're not receiving full haste buffs (which is likely the case if capping subtle blow is a concern), Auric Dagger will allow you to cap subtle blow without sacrificing haste in other slots while pulling you closer to delay reduction cap.

TL;DR Auric still has its place.

P.S. If I understand correctly, the closest you can get to delay reduction cap with only haste spell (I find it's much more common to recieve haste than marches) is 76% and that's with capped gear haste and +53% dual wield from native traits (30), Charis +2 (10), Charis Neck (3), Suppanomimi(5), Auric Dagger(5), and Haste Samba.

TL;DR Bards don't grow on trees. Delay reduction caps ONLY if a bard is present.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 14:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Wut about cor!?!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 14:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Wut about cor!?!

If your COR is using Blitzer's Roll, you should probably be shooting THEM.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-01-13 14:22:38
Link | Citer | R

the Cor/nin is clearly reducing his own delay to get TP faster while sabotaging the 2h DD's xhits causing them to fall behind.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 14:25:46
Link | Citer | R

DNC has critdmg traits along with good critdmg+ gear and fairly generous DEX options at this point, Evis should be at least as good as DE these days.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-13 14:26:18
Link | Citer | R

drop twilight for nusku and pickup omnipotent for MAX SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 14:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Wut about cor!?!
If your COR is using Blitzer's Roll, you should probably be shooting THEM.
Yeah cause you know the cor is too cheap to be using bullets himself
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 14:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
drop twilight for nusku and pickup omnipotent for MAX SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
I so want that atma... not to mention it does wonders for evisceration... and zorrooooooo slash
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 14:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

I'm like 90% sure this comes out mathematically behind the 15% TA from Apoc.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-13 14:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
DNC has critdmg traits along with good critdmg+ gear and fairly generous DEX options at this point, Evis should be at least as good as DE these days.

In my experience, Evis definitely spikes higher outside but it also falls flat a lot more. DE is more reliable for consistent damage. However, I'd almost bet if you averaged them out they'd be equal, because the variation on evis is pretty significant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-01-13 14:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Do you think the high base dmg of Phurba performs better than a bunch of DEX for Evisceration? Or is it an inside/outside Abyssea thing?

Any Kila+2/Phurba has comparable dmg/delay from my experience. I choose between them based on utility. I don't plan to make dex/str Kila since I can't imagine the very minor dmg boost you could get from them mattering for any fight, but +10% waltz, -20% pdt, or +agi18/eva40 could with no real loss to overall damage. If you have the time to spare you could finish the dex kila for situations where utility really doesn't matter (zerg).
 Shiva.Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2011-01-14 08:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone for the great advice, going to be rather busy with magian trials it seems..

Just finished 300 Hyppogryphs trial for the Parazonium, better to go Double Attack, 2-4 times or OAT? Really can't decide... If it matters i'm using RR/Omega Atma, and working towards 3rd lunar/Gnarled Horn for inside abyssea (don't really do any endgame outside of abby, although still want ultimate atma from ultima).

Sorry if it's a stupid question lol.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-14 08:31:18
Link | Citer | R

The Double Attack version is probably the best of the three (for damage output).

The OAT version is probably the best for healing roles on anything for which mob TP is a concern, and OA2-4 is probably the best for healing on anything which you don't care how much it uses TP moves.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-14 08:39:31
Link | Citer | R

(that said, you probably wouldn't have a DNC in a healing role on a mob where TP mattered)
 Cerberus.Weegie
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2011-01-19 11:19:48
Link | Citer | R

So what route is suggested for non-magian people?

My DNC is close to cap at current, and I'm just trying to get it capped and merits with what I have laying around. Have Yataghan with DMG +8, Crit +2%, and Twilight Knife.

Do I need to work on Auric? Phurba?

DNC will not likely become a main played job. I'll probably just run about in AF3+1 and haste gear when I need to use if for something. I won't be focusing on magian weapons for this any time soon. So what do I use in the mean time, what do I work on attaining?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-19 12:44:39
Link | Citer | R

Your Yataghan is probably about as good as you're going to get for the current iteration of weapons. Phurba would be a nice replacement if you can get it, but Apademak isn't exactly a pushover and I believe it's his blue !! drop.
[+]
First Page 2