Corsair How To TP (Gun Or Mele Weapon).

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair How to TP (Gun or Mele Weapon).
Corsair How to TP (Gun or Mele Weapon).
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Razorback
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-01-11 02:13:09
Link | Citer | R

I know a couple of COR and I think one main reason is gil. pew pew is pricey ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-11 02:35:03
Link | Citer | R

You can't be biast with COR, I agree shooting for TP is a lot more fun and much cooler imo but it's not always needed. Generally if you're killing a NM or something that might take more then like 30 secs to kill shooting for TP is ok or better but a lot of the time in normal ol' exp parties in aby you'll just want to joytoy/merc. cris or w/e and get tp asap so you can evis/wild fire/ or w/e.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-01-11 02:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your sub of choice and the mobs you're fighting.
It'll be counter productive if you're constantly within melee range when the mob has a nasty TP move that forces constant cure bombing.

But I would strongly recommend /RNG and use strictly ranged attacks for the sake of consistent damage, safety by distance, and ease of separating rolls between mages and melees as long as you can.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-11 02:53:33
Link | Citer | R

M. Kris is only one I know off the top of my head. I use joytoy personally, but there IS the power search feature on the top left hand corner of this page.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-11 03:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Basically I'm just gonna end on this. Situational ***is situational. Don't only play your COR one way, play to what the party needs and not just epeening or what looks cool. If your party needs consistent dmg over a longer period of time shoot, if your party needs quick bursts of dmg melee and if your party needs cures/erases/ or just quite frankly doesn't want you giving the mob TP go /mage.
 Bahamut.Attribute
user: XGP0001
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-01-11 03:09:00
Link | Citer | R

If I am soloing NMs, Quick Draw FTW with Oberons Bullets, Rajas and AF3+1 Legs is pretty tight (You can also add in Volley Earring.) Or just strait up MATK gears. For melee I use Twilight Knife and Joyeuse with TP and Regain Rolls for sex. Personally I always melee for TP unless I am soloing or its a NM, then I ranged.
 Lakshmi.Caolan
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Echo13
By Lakshmi.Caolan 2011-01-11 03:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Attribute said:
If I am soloing NMs, Quick Draw FTW with Oberons Bullets, Rajas and AF3+1 Legs is pretty tight (You can also add in Volley Earring.) Or just strait up MATK gears. For melee I use Twilight Knife and Joyeuse with TP and Regain Rolls for sex. Personally I always melee for TP unless I am soloing or its a NM, then I ranged.

Yeah I agree with everything here.

Realistically though is your friend going to craft all of your bullets? Do you know how fast bullets run out if you are spamming ranged attack? Especially when you have triple shot, you will be using them very fast.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-11 05:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Basically it all depends what your "role" is within the party and what your fighting.

are you asked to be DD/DoT/Support? - even healing in some cases.

that depends how you deal with how to TP.

if your DD then get your sword/dagger out and get TP'ing that way because otherwise your gonna spend a TON on bullets.

DoT/support? then QD and shooting is the way to go especially if your running around giving people buffs.

Healing? then yes you'll be lucky to get bullets off but obviously your going to be using bullets

then of course its your own play style.. if your going to level and they say "do what you want we jsut want rolls" - then do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Possibly the most open answer your going to get.. but its pretty much the truth ha :P
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-01-11 06:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Well for EXP leveling COR I would say melee and just WS. Your most likely going to be disengaging at 20-30% and pulling anyways not to mention separating mage and melee rolls. According to the setup you may not even get a chance to TP or WS. Id say your best bet is just to melee and save your ammo unless you have 10mil for bullets hitting 75+. Not to mention all ranged WSs are lol anyways until 56... and even then COR has the WORST WS acc in the game, and this is not a lie.
 Bahamut.Attribute
By Bahamut.Attribute 2011-01-11 06:31:16
Link | Citer | R

And just as an edit COR pretty much is the same as a bard. A BRD with tight WS and TP gears can be a godly solo and DDer also. My old char I would solo tons of ***as a melee bard (at 75 cap I could dish out 1-2K Eviserations on EM- mobs and some ITs according to the species.) Unless you have pimp gears COR is a pretty weak DD, It's just a buffer that has the option to DD. TBH and just how I play COR once you get 75+ screw the RATK gears and just go for RACC and TP sets and deck out your MACC and MATK. Even w/o Atmas a good COR can bust 500-1k a pop per QD. And you can also level your marks with QD now so pulling will skill you up. All in all according to your gil and gears just level COR how it seems fun to you and ignore trying to be a godly DD because it just isnt going to happen.
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2011-01-11 07:09:18
Link | Citer | R

I had similar questions to this when I began leveling my Cor. A lot of what has been said here is true, but I'll go a bit more into detail.

Firstly, there are several reasons why a Cor melees for TP. Not only is it less expensive to use ammunition for weaponskills only, but you gain TP faster meleeing with a multihit weapon then you could shooting for TP. There are other options available now, such as a magian gun that Occassionally Shoots Twice or the Triple Shot Job Ability, but ignoring these, you will still do more damage over time meleeing for TP then you would shooting for TP.

Going further into the melee analysis, the two favored weapons for TP gain are Joytoy and Merc. Kris, since Cor can not obtain a magian dagger, nor has another option been released. If you use Joytoy, you'll be swinging with a lower skill rating, but your TP/WS ratio will be more even. If you use a Merc. Kris, you'll have the advantage of a higher skill, but most of your overall damage will be skewed towards weaponskills. You will probably be eating sushi if you were shooting for TP anyway, so using Sushi as food will allow you to melee in haste gear, and equip more favorable ranged attack and Strength/Agility gear for weaponskills.

I believe that answers Kaitaru's original question regarding why a Cor would generally TP with a weapon. As previously mentioned, though, it's largely dependent on the situation and if you can safely melee for TP. There's one more sub, however, that nobody has mentioned here that I prefer, which is Dnc. You won't weaponskill nearly as often, but you'll have access to many supporting abilities without sitting off to the side. The larger benefits include a native dual wield for both Joytoy and Merc. Kris if you desire, the ever popular Haste Samba (if there are no other dancers in the group to use it), and you should be bleeding TP for the quick Waltz on your fellow party member. Other benefits include Box Step, Subtle Blow, and Accuracy Bonus job traits.
 Siren.Deric
Serveur: Siren
user: Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-01-11 09:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Years ago when I leveled COR~ shooting was higher DPS than meleeing with non-multihit by a lot.(Mkris wasn't as obtainable then and Joyeuse is of course lvl70).

At the time, the cost of spamming Iron Bullets and eventually Steel Bullets was truly horrendous. Its tough to swallow the cost at times, but COR did really well during those mid lvls after getting Slugshot. Obviously especially true on the old bird camps in ToAU when you can compete for some of the top damage vs. non-piercing classes.
~~~~
Some people mentioned Abyssea so I suppose I will too..

Down the road when you reach 75, be sure to pick up Leaden Salute. In Abyssea, Leaden Salutes are very consistent with the right Atmas and can help cut down on bullet costs as its damage is not part of the equation. Cosmos, Ultimate, and your choice of third MAB Atmas along with a Martial gun will consistently put out ~2k LSs without any temp items.

Outside of Abyssea Leaden Salute also serves its purpose as a magical WS, though you'll likey still be using Slugshot as your primary WS. Or perhaps Detonator with evasive things.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-11 14:43:11
Link | Citer | R

So many cheap cors... most I find don't buy there rolls... complain about the cost of bullets when rngs shoot twice as many.

And while at like 50 sure Mkris tping beats shooting (though doing both and tping in the time when you can't shoot but can melee beats both) at higher lvls your snapshotting will help you tp faster shooting. Not to mention much higher dps. Hence why you don't see Mkris rngs...

Not to mention cor only has B skill in all those weapons so chances are you are going to sacrificing something to keep acc up in both ranged and melee. And then as already mention leaden salute and even more so wildfire pwn but not so much without staffs. Then there is gimping your QDs by not using staffs
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-01-11 14:57:16
Link | Citer | R

I tend to TP up with Ranged attack.
I do have a melee build, but 9 out of 10 times, I find myself building TP with R.Att and QD.

If you're cheap... building TP with QD is very cost effective, since you aren't wasting a Bullet, just a card which are vastly cheaper and now with Trump Cards sold at NPCs in Nash... more affordable then bullets.
(Personally, I feel if you aren't swapping staves for QD, you're only hurting your damage... but if you wish, you can main a Fire/Vulcans and spam Fire Shot :eyeroll:)

Another... albeit shitty way to go about it... you CAN TP up in weaker bullets... and swap out for Oberons for WS. But please...don't go TOO cheap on bullets.

EDIT: Also, Triple shot is sexy as hell for TP

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-01-11 15:47:50
Link | Citer | R

One thing to remember Kaitaru, QD will never give the target TP.
And now, making TP yourself off it, its a viable way to build for WS's.
(Again, I'll always QQ at not swappin staves...but ya gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose)
So there's 2 free shots that will net you a TP return without feeding the Mob.

As for Subbing Mage for Support...or pulling.
I can honestly tell you from my experience... that When I'm subbin WHM... I never concern myself with WSing.
Sub RDM... and I'm QD all the way.

And the ONLY thing now-a-days I use my COR for pulling, is Einherjar.
Which I'm usually subbing NIN, so building TP via my R.Att on pulls... and the occasional QD, I'm set.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-11 15:53:49
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have time to take a shot... you don't have time to run in and melee before having to run out and pull another mob lol. As a rng I can garuntee you no matter how much or little snapshot/rapid shot I get I can get the first hit on most mobs unless we have a few standing at camp slept or something
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2011-01-11 15:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaitaru said:

As far as bullets, my friend is currently 70+ alch and plans to take it to 100. Me and him went to Zeruhn mines and got about 12 ingots worth of Steel and its a 48 ALCHEMY SYNTH!!!!! At 100 hes gonna be doing HQ2-3 and thats 2/3 to a full stack per shot.....I really think that with 70 base for TP with triple shot + QD.....makes it viable when you have the chance to DD...

Steel bullets have a Smithing subskill so your friend will need to take Smithing to 58+ to get Tier 2 on HQ's
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-11 16:18:43
Link | Citer | R

I really just use that sea daughter atma /rdm with a vulcans staff anytime i care about damage and shoot steels and spam wildfire.. but usually damage is not a priority and i wear twilight dagger or soemthing else to do red procs
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-11 16:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Unicorn.Kaomii said:
you will still do more damage over time meleeing for TP than you would shooting for TP.

I don't play anymore, but I wanted to point out that this is only partially true. Ranged DPS is almost always better on anything that matters (meaning the mob isn't an exp mob and will usually take at least a couple minutes to kill). Melee damage in most cases sucks *** and you aren't going to build tp fast enough (or in some cases safely enough) for it to even come close to the DPS and safety (until you take hate ;D) of ranged. When I played I got really tired of seeing CORs that only melee'd for tp...especially the ones that didn't even have a specific gear set for it.

not true, ***like einherjar cor/war is the only way to go

rape faces
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-11 16:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
There's a reason that I said almost always and in most cases.

There are going to be exceptions.

yeah the only exception i see is nms in abyssea, everything else can and is fine to melee.. noone crafts bullets on assura anymore so you adapt and it works just as well:D
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-01-12 14:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Not to mention cor only has B skill in all those weapons so chances are you are going to sacrificing something to keep acc up in both ranged and melee.

Gear swap. You never need melee acc and ranged acc together for any job.

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Unicorn.Kaomii said:
you will still do more damage over time meleeing for TP than you would shooting for TP.

I don't play anymore, but I wanted to point out that this is only partially true. Ranged DPS is almost always better on anything that matters (meaning the mob isn't an exp mob and will usually take at least a couple minutes to kill). Melee damage in most cases sucks *** and you aren't going to build tp fast enough (or in some cases safely enough) for it to even come close to the DPS and safety (until you take hate ;D) of ranged. When I played I got really tired of seeing CORs that only melee'd for tp...especially the ones that didn't even have a specific gear set for it.

Edit: I didn't even mention the fact that unless the mob is dying very quickly, multi-hit weapons are only going to accomplish feeding the mob a ***ton of TP and getting everyone killed faster.

IMO, the advantage of melee are
1. If you're fighting EXP mob, or mobs in dyna/Einherjar and such, /ra hurts your own dmg a lot because those mobs just die way too fast and gun delay is horribly long. You'll only have chance to land 0~1 bullets every mob.

2. You get plenty of melee buffs that enhances melee speed. March, haste spells, fighters/chaos roll(the most commonly used DD roll).
Also, COR can cap 25% equipment haste if that helps. Of course now there is snapshot roll, but unless you're in a pt full of RNG, you'd need to do one extra roll just for your snapshot, and doing one extra roll for yourself also hurts your own dmg.

3. If you /DNC, you need to melee on mobs to take full advantage of it. And you get extra 5% haste from it.

4. RR atma favors 1h melee.

People complaining about TP feed, thats only a problem on NMs...in fact very few NMs. Most of the NMs are so weak nowadays that meleeing on those NMs are no big deal at all. Back in lv 75 era I tested both /ra and melee, and melee pretty much always win for DD. I believe it still does even though COR melee weapons kinda falling behind these days... Also, melee dmg used to be pretty weak on NM, but not really such a big problem anymore with atma/cruor buff.

The advantage of /ra is NM fight, when melee dmg kinda weak and put you in AoE range. Also, /ra allows you to use Fire staff(HQ), that's more dmg from fireshot. Since COR is probably the second best job for ranged dmg, it's kind of an unique aspect of this job and useful when really needed.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2