SE Hear Me Out?...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE Hear Me Out?...
SE Hear Me Out?...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 12:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Wishful thinking sadly, but at best SE can sorta bump up what version of DirectX ffxi uses. Even then, that will only improve so much ;/

Quick, someone with millions of dollars bribe SE into remaking XI :D

they could just remake the entire PC client with new dats, lower end pc's wouldn't be able to run it but it would be nice, and maybe add a voice chat option for those nerds who like that.

Find me a few million and we'll talk.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 12:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

what part of being too arrogant doesn't make them also incompetent?

Definitely possible to be both competent and arrogant.
Perhaps you'd say I'm splitting hairs, but the people operating S-E are clearly not incompetent. They're capable of creating multi-platform software that people will buy.
I think they let their past success cloud their judgment and overestimated their clout in the marketplace. I name that arrogance.
Doesn't make them incompetent. What would demonstrate incompetence is if now that they've been slapped with financial shortfalls and ratings/reviewer lambasting over FF14, S-E didn't realize their arrogance and make changes to do better in the near future.
And they've announced management restructuring, so I'm guessing they're on the right path to make the necessary changes to rebound with their next product.

Time will tell.

I was under the impression that SE has be performing under par to it's fans for a few years now, to me that would be incompetence since they've let it go so long. But if I'm mistaken, then so be it. I know short of XI and tactics remake they haven't put anything out for my fancy in a long time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 12:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Give XIV a year or so, and it will essentially be XI-2.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-07 12:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Give XIV a year or so, and it will essentially be XI-2.
still wouldn't play it, for the same reason I don't play another MMO entirely, I don't want to start over. I'd sooner start over in XI than anything else though...
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-01-07 13:19:37
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
I want to see some opinions on this, is it a dream we can make true, or a dream that has died over the last three years?

I would LOVE to see SE re-release FFXI for PC with upgraded graphics, more character options, new modeling and stats on weapons.

Inb4theyalreadydidthatitscalledffxiv

I don't mean a re-hash like FFXIV (no offense to it, but it's a different enough game I want the same thing) I want to immerse myself into Vana'diel again, like that first time I made a character. Taken aback, ready to claim my right as the hero. I want to walk outside, and feel the victory of killing my first rabbit.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone else want FFXI to come back out (call it FFOnline for all I care) with only the areas and play style of pre- Aht Urghan? Does anyone else want to see viably the greated MMO be reborn into the glory that could have been with a few years of MMO testing by SE and technology advances? Instead of adding areas that make all 150 previous ones obsolete, add instanced fights that offer ever changing rewards. Instead of adding levels and gear that nullify people's hard earned God, Salvage gear, or Relics, add on content that allows the player to make this weapon/gear even better. Rework the augment system from the beginning on only give positive rewards (with a bit of effort and work by the player of course)

Allow people to chose worldwide, or region specific (NA, EU, JP) servers.

I for one would gladly pay $14/mo and $1 for each additional character for 20+years if this were to happen. Anyone else?

Sorry for the wall of text.

:o I'd be happy if they re-released it and did the 90% of the other countries, like far-east. I dunno, I'd be kinda sad too "/sadface, I put 6 years into XI and now I'm starting again D;" Though, I'd be willing to give it a try, unlike XIV and possibly any other FF games they release. I'm just disappointed in XIII and now XIV, so I don't really think I trust them with new games they release... unless I hear REALLY *** good reviews. I just think SE has to make a name for -themselves-, the only reason why I bought XIII is because I remembered the squaresoft days. I just think SE is stringing along the people who enjoyed squaresoft, and making them hope for more games like they produced. But they're not, and that's why they're failing :x
 Siren.Eremes
Serveur: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-01-07 13:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Like RO-2 (The new one, not the one stuck in beta-hell), a lot of players simply wanted RO-1 to be updated to RO-2's standards while keeping all their old stuff. Not gonna happen though, neither for RO or XI. You'd think with Cataclysm, more MMO developers would realize that players don't like starting completely fresh.

Oh, and I don't think it was a good idea to have XIV borrow from XI to appeal to XI's playerbase. Seeing Roegalkas and Elevaans only reminds me that I'm essentially starting over in XI-HD.
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 13:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Ever since 13, it seems like SE is going by the grace of being "the makers of Final Fantasy" to assure their sales rather than actually having regard for their target audience or devotees, making sub-par, early released garbage with no substance and all linear eye candy that does nothing for overall value.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 13:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Ever since 13, it seems like SE is going by the grace of being "the makers of Final Fantasy" to assure their sales rather than actually having regard for their target audience or devotees, making sub-par, early released garbage with no substance and all linear eye candy that does nothing for overall value.

I'm listening to Distant worlds II and realising how much better the earlier FF's were :(
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-07 13:28:31
Link | Citer | R

People who are saying find a new game or whatever.. Ugh short sited as hell.

In certain games the community has done High Def. Texture updates. Granted for FFXI it would take long as hell it could be an optional package for PC (360 and PS2 can still be sucktastic w/e)

It's not hard it would be a complete .DAT over haul, what bothers me is the shitty coding of the game. It might lag horribly.

The files would be client side really. No different then DAT modding I'm expecting.
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 13:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Artemicion said:

I'm listening to Distant worlds II and realising how much better the earlier FF's were :(

Saving up some money to go see their Distant Worlds concert in Chicago in June this year :3

Although go figure, the first song they're gonna play is Answers from FFXIV.

Guilt trip me for not playing XIV despite having an amazing soundtrack. Sadly, music is only fragment of the whole calculation in determining whether a game is decent or not. Their shortcomings seem to be everything but story/music ;/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 13:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Artemicion said:

Saving up some money to go see their Distant Worlds concert in Chicago in June this year :3

Although go figure, the first song they're gonna play is Answers from FFXIV. Guilt trip me for not playing XIV despite having an amazing soundtrack. Sadly, music is only fragment of the whole calculation in determining whether a game is decent or not. Their shortcomings seem to be everything but story/music ;/

Oh the music for XIV is incredible, I've got Twilight over Thanalan on my iTunes now.

I'm going in November to the one in London :D

Valefor.Marianka
Serveur: Valefor
user: Marianka
By Valefor.Marianka 2011-01-07 13:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Se has been capitalizing on past successes of the final fantasy for years. It didn't start at 14 or 13 or 12. From their perspective it's good to not just wanting the reheat the ff11 franchise. Unfortunately they have borrowed from too a lot of other mmorpgs and seem to miss consistency. The problem with adapting features from other games is that the people who are playing those games won't switch to ff14

People playing ff11 meanwhie seem to be stuck on the slogan "it's not 11". To my opinion SE has been revamping so much stuff that it;s hard for them to find a specific new view, especially one that isn't too different to estrange the current ff players

Also don't forget the time between start beta test and release (combat system completely renewed) was less then 2months
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 13:40:53
Link | Citer | R

True, they seem to have lost a sense of inner identity which they held so greatly in the past. Perhaps the concept of MMOs and success of others have clouded their judgment, much to our dismay.
I would hope the (semi) success and continuous fanbase for XI will at least provide some influence to SE's direction when it comes to their online FFs. Whether it means a "fixed" XIV or a revamped XI, it'll be a win win if they pull it off either way for me.

Sadly, I cannot hold my breath on this one due to their streak of disappointments. Read: Final Fantasy XIII
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 13:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
True, they seem to have lost a sense of inner identity which they held so greatly in the past. Perhaps the concept of MMOs and success of others have clouded their judgment, much to our dismay.
I would hope the (semi) success and continuous fanbase for XI will at least provide some influence to SE's direction when it comes to their online FFs. Whether it means a "fixed" XIV or a revamped XI, it'll be a win win if they pull it off either way for me.

Sadly, I cannot hold my breath on this one due to their streak of disappointments. Read: Final Fantasy XIII

You know I've been kinda on the edge with XIV for a while now, but reading the message from the new team and the interview from the new lead of development I'm actually really hopeful :)

I mean I'm still dubious but I actually have hope.

Plus a new kick *** job is being released soon. The job is a mix between Mechanic and Mage with debuffs and buffs as well as building stuff and having gears in your staff and stuff.
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 13:45:46
Link | Citer | R

I still got lots to do in XI including my little "project" of making an FFXI movie; recording the cutscenes uninterrupted in 1080p to make one giant FFXI movie :D

Thank god for goblin footprints and city bards.
I remember wanting to find out what was going on during the airship cutscene in CoP, only to have the 5 people in my party scream at me

"OMFG THIS MISSION IS TIMED!"
"READ FASTER ARTE!!!!"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-07 13:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
I still got lots to do in XI including my little "project" of making an FFXI movie; recording the cutscenes uninterrupted in 1080p to make one giant FFXI movie :D

I remember wanting to find out what was going on during the airship cutscene in CoP, only to have the 5 people in my party scream at me

"READ FASTER ARTE!!!!"

Lol I hated that. I watched the last cutscene to WotG because I was curious, and I wasn't disappointed at all.
 Asura.Katniss
Serveur: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-01-07 13:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:

"READ FASTER ARTE!!!!"

Nice project, please send me a link once you're done and uploaded it :3
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 14:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Katniss said:
Artemicion said:

"READ FASTER ARTE!!!!"

Nice project, please send me a link once you're done and uploaded it :3

Someone "kinda" beat me to it, but if I recall correctly he only did CoP and a few others. I plan on doing all of it. Rank missions for all 3 cities, RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WoG, ACP, MKE, ASA, and Abyssea if applicable. I dunno yet since I haven't even bought the expansions yet ; ;
Money's been tight for the holidays.

Edit: Actually, looks like he expanded too. I suppose if anything mine would be simply a higher res version.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-07 15:13:13
Link | Citer | R

What FFXI needs......

Is to manually sort atma's.....
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2011-01-07 15:20:50
Link | Citer | R

This has been exactly what I was thinking for the longest time now. As I shared this thought with freinds of the game, ones who quit and ones who still play. The energy was shared between us. I don't think that it would just be a great success, I think it would go into the chapters of MMO history for years to come. Only addition. I'd like to see our characters re-entered into the game as is, and get them to take off in new expansions, even to the older chapters of the game such as ZM and CoP. Even still, I'd gladly re-level my characters from 1, unlock jobs, and repeat long loved missions from the past. These are the biggest treasures I hold in this game.
By Artemicion 2011-01-07 15:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Think there's a better way to get this demand to the developers or staff of FFXI aside from those lame *** online petitions or flooding their spam filter email suggestion box?