Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-12-30 12:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Assuming Athos's Tabard is at least 4% crit dmg, and it should be at least since the legs themselves are 4%, then yes with the 2% crit rate applied, based on the set bonus, it would outperform Loki's. (Loki's is already out-performed by Osode w/3% crit rate) Whether or not Tabard out-performs the aug'd Osode is more what I wanted to find out; I'd like to say it's a no-brainer, but nothing in FFXI ever is.

As for AF3 body, I'm not sure losing either crit hit/crit dmg and a decent amount of dex is worth it but I guess anything is possible. I'll pull some numbers together over the next couple days, T5+ VW only of course.
 Phoenix.Seshu
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seshu1
By Phoenix.Seshu 2011-12-30 12:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ninurta said: »
Yeah, silly me for obsessing over the shiny's. Athos's Gloves and Kacura Leggings +1 are prob. the way to go. It'd be 17DEX 7STR 2%crit vs 13DEX 13STR 3% crit. I'm gonna get a pair and test them out during VW tonight and tomorrow, but safe to say the latter would be the best combo. Good catch.

edit: Looking like this as the best set as of now, hopefully after Rex tonight I'll have the Tabard so this is accurate.

If each piece of the Athos's give an additional crit rate, then you would want to have the body/hands/feet. The set together would give you the 2% crit rate that Kacura Leggings +1 gives and also an additional 4 DEX. It would get rid of the STR (which doesn't help JR at all), and be a minimal increase for what you have.

Personally i use Anwig Salade for inside Abyssea on my JR build with DEX/AGI+4, crit hit dmg. +2%, WS dmg. +2%. As for outside abyssea you can stick with Aias Bonnet as the numbers will be a lot closer without the additional buffs/atma's.

Athos's Gloves however may end up hurting your damage if used on a day corresponding to thunder elemental weakness etc. But it's unknown atm so we will have to wait and see what kind of data we get out of them.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-12-30 16:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, had my math screwed up, basing it off the 3 pieces and forgot I had swapped to Kacura +1; my mistake.

Quote:
It would get rid of the STR (which doesn't help JR at all)

Not true; since rng uses fSTR2, it has a greater effect than you would think. This is not to say to stack STR over DEX, but point of diminishing returns, etc. Hence why most wear AF3+2 hands.

Quote:
Athos's Gloves however may end up hurting your damage if used on a day corresponding to thunder elemental weakness etc. But it's unknown atm so we will have to wait and see what kind of data we get out of them.

Looking like thunder/lightning bolts =/= being thunder/lightning bolts. There's nothing elemental about Jishnu's, so I'm not sure if you were referring to something else?
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-30 16:33:45
Link | Citer | R

How can you play ranger and not know how much STR affects ranged attacks...? It's like the single most important stat to ranger.

Assuming that your fSTR2 is not capped, STR averages out to about a 60% modifier on any ranged weapon skill. Thus, STR is actually just as effective as DEX in increasing jishnu's damage (however DEX also increase crit rate obviously).

Anyway, should be using a gun:

[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-06 12:05:58
Link | Citer | R

This is what I'm using atm.

Much work to be done here (+1 rings, light gorget, Ose. head), but like most I am excited about the Athos gear. Looks like it will make for a nice build for Jishnu's.
 Ragnarok.Godsmack
By Ragnarok.Godsmack 2012-01-12 05:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Hunter's Hands +1 (af1+1) dex+6 agi+6 are better then af3+2 or skill is better then direct modifier?
 Asura.Vrytreya
Serveur: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-12 05:51:59
Link | Citer | R

fSTR2 is almost the same as DEX mod in term of raising base damage (if you're to express it in term of modifier, it's 59% STR)
except STR gives you a bit of ratk and DEX helps you get the maximum 15% crit rate from dDEX.
So no, Sylvan Glvltte. +1/ +2 is definitely better unless that 6 DEX are the last DEX to cover dDEX crit rate.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: xLucifelx
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel 2012-01-18 16:20:13
Link | Citer | R

So going by what Vrytreya just wrote, Aias Bonnet is currently the best headpiece for Jishnu?

Edit: And Loki's > Toci's? lol sorry I'm a noob.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-18 16:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Looking like thunder/lightning bolts =/= being thunder/lightning bolts. There's nothing elemental about Jishnu's, so I'm not sure if you were referring to something else?
The description on Athos's gloves is misleading, it's dependent on the weaponskill's skillchain properties rather than its physical or magical nature. This leads to weirdness such as Wildfire not getting boosted on Firesday, but there you go.

Unlike Mekira-oto (+1), T3 properties do not appear to be decomposed into their component elements for the purposes of the fTP bonus. This is important to keep in mind for Jishnu's Radiance since the fTP bonus is thus only applied on two days rather than four (no wind/thundersday bonus, just fires/lightsday).
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-18 17:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Lucifel said: »
So going by what Vrytreya just wrote, Aias Bonnet is currently the best headpiece for Jishnu?

Edit: And Loki's > Toci's? lol sorry I'm a noob.

It's a good question. I'm not really sure how effective the "increases critical hit damage" is on Loki, but I think it's best to use that and use STR elsewhere in your build. So, my opinion is:

Athos > Loki > Toci for Jishnu's Radiance.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-01-18 17:32:01
Link | Citer | R

Kirin's Osode with 3% crit rate > all those.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-18 21:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Not too sure about Athos's vs Loki's. If there's a difference, it's minimal.
Loki's crit damage boost is 5% IIRC;
And since someone said Athos's tabard + tights give 9% crit dmg boost, then by knowing Athos's tight crit dmg boost is 4%, we deduce Athos's tabard crit dmg boost is 5%. The same boost like Loki's kaftan.

Now the comparison is reduced to STP+7 (when it matters), ratk+7 vs 2 base damage (from 4 extra DEX) and 2% crit rate, assuming every extra piece of Athos's you're wearing add 2% crit rate after the first pair.
If your ratk is 700 before any scalable boost (berserk, velocity shot), 7 ratk is 1% damage boost.

Taking a wide range, Your Jishnu's base damage should be around 200-250 base damage, making 2 base damage increase is 1% or less.

Now it's just a matter of how 2% crit rate boost your average damage.
Your base crit rate at 100% TP and no Champion's tonic in VWNM or atma in abyssea should be at 25%(base+dDEX+merit)+15%(assumption of base crit at 100TP)+2%(kacura's leggings+1 or athos's boots)+4%(athos's gloves + athos's tights) and optionally a Rancor mantle(+5%)
will net you 46~51% base crit rate. That 2% crit rate will become 1.48/1.46(1.32%) ~ 1.53/1.51(1.37%) damage increase.

If there's any difference, it's too small that no one should bother knowing which one is better

P.S. : What a waste of time writing all of those >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-01-23 20:11:36
Link | Citer | R

very soon to have a 85 gandiva, still reading up on making a WS set, i was just wondering though, does the rancor collar's crit rate effect ranged attacks? i know it seems pretty dumb to ask but in a lot of these builds i dont see people using it and i know jupiters staff doesnt give crit %, or is it just that the ire +1 is so much better for damage?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-01-23 20:16:44
Link | Citer | R

The consideration for not using rancor collar is that elemental gorget affects the fTP for all 3 hits.
You can consider using rancor mantle, however.
[+]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-01-25 16:32:03
Link | Citer | R

got JR now.... its amazing, so i was wondering since light gorget is better neck piece, the light belt must be very good too right? sadly iv tried to understand the fTP but its a bit beyond my understanding still, currently im using a 6 DEX 6 STR belt, is that better?
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-25 16:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Pyromaster said: »
got JR now.... its amazing, so i was wondering since light gorget is better neck piece, the light belt must be very good too right? sadly iv tried to understand the fTP but its a bit beyond my understanding still, currently im using a 6 DEX 6 STR belt, is that better?
The effects of the light belt and gorget stack and apply to all 3 hits. It would be better to do that for Jishnu's Radiance.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-02-08 19:32:57
Link | Citer | R

Any confirmation on 3% crit hit rate on Osode? Most I've seen and heard is 2%.
 Bahamut.Brake
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Brake
By Bahamut.Brake 2012-02-08 21:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
You can consider using rancor mantle, however.

I've been wondering how Rancor mantle compares to Terebellum for WS. 20 ranged attack vs 5% crit rate.
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-02-08 23:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

They most certainly exist, saw one 2 days ago
 Fenrir.Greever
user: Greever
By Fenrir.Greever 2012-02-09 05:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kut said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

They most certainly exist, saw one 2 days ago

seriously...time to start buying byakko seals/scraps again
 Cerberus.Nahtaivel
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nahtaivel
By Cerberus.Nahtaivel 2012-02-09 08:14:59
Link | Citer | R

In that set you're getting the 3% crit from combining athos body and gloves.

Augmented Osode:
10 STR

compared with

Athos's Tabard:
5 DEX
5 AGI
5% crit dmg

Which would outperform the other?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-09 09:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Osode.

Why AGI matters?
 Cerberus.Nahtaivel
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nahtaivel
By Cerberus.Nahtaivel 2012-02-09 09:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Subtle Blow, duh. Naw idk, no reason i guess. I guess i'll have to keep an eye out for scraps now. Thanks.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-02-09 09:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Noticing none of these sets are using Moonshade Earring. Is that not a good option for JR? I'd imagine ~2% crit hit rate would have some value for a multi-hit crit WS.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2012-02-09 12:47:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nahtaivel said: »

In that set you're getting the 3% crit from combining athos body and gloves.

Augmented Osode:
10 STR

compared with

Athos's Tabard:
5 DEX
5 AGI
5% crit dmg

Which would outperform the other?

fSTR2

Athos' is fine, but since you can't crit all the time, every time, the 10STR will prove more consistent.
By Blazed1979 2012-02-23 02:40:21
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, should my JR's be doing 1k average(kaggen/pil) or am I really sucking?
CORs with Wildefire seem to be absolutely tearing the floor with me lol.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-23 04:01:11
Link | Citer | R

Did you eat food? Stalwart? Have Berserk active?
By Blazed1979 2012-02-23 04:11:09
Link | Citer | R

I use RCBs, have all temps unlocked - ride stalwarts pretty much 100% of the time providing procs aren't being stupid.
My 1ks are with stalwarts and full buffs as /sam.

my JR set up is

I only have athos head. No toci's. Have Loki's but I get better dmg from JR with +2 body for some reason.

I have access to a lot of HQ str gear, but have been using this setup based on other's advice.

Appreciate feedback and advice.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-23 04:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm...
I don't see what's wrong, really. Try /WAR I guess.. and make sure the mage keep Dia II on it.
Our setup differs a bit, but it shouldn't make that much difference.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23