users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fencer is useful
Fencer is useful
 Bahamut.Striker
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Fencer gives increased crits while using a 1handed weapon while not dual wielding, as well as a 40 tp bonus. Ravager's Cuisses +1 gives another increase to crit as well as another 40 tp bonus, so while AoE farming with aeolian edge and a martial knife, with proper atmas I was hitting 1400 at 120 tp. After we had finished AoE farming something else struck me. I popped out my joyeuse, went to misareaux and geared up atmas for sanguine blade. Using Atma of the Cosmos, Atma of the Baying moon, and Atma of the Ultimate Sanguine did about 16-1700. At 120 tp with the 2 fencer traits this allowed me to drain 75% of my dmg straight to HP. Using a martial anelace this drains 100% of dmg at 120 tp straight to HP. Combine with Defender + Retaliation. ????. Profit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-31 05:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Or you can Fell Cleave and do like twice that damage and have good atmas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-31 05:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Striker said:
Fencer gives increased crits while using a 1handed weapon while not dual wielding, as well as a 40 tp bonus. Ravager's Cuisses +1 gives another increase to crit as well as another 40 tp bonus, so while AoE farming with aeolian edge and a martial knife, with proper atmas I was hitting 1400 at 120 tp. After we had finished AoE farming something else struck me. I popped out my joyeuse, went to misareaux and geared up atmas for sanguine blade. Using Atma of the Cosmos, Atma of the Baying moon, and Atma of the Ultimate Sanguine did about 16-1700. At 120 tp with the 2 fencer traits this allowed me to drain 75% of my dmg straight to HP. Using a martial anelace this drains 100% of dmg at 120 tp straight to HP. Combine with Defender + Retaliation. ????. Profit.

You're talking about dual-wielding while using fencer. Wut
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I could fell cleave if I wanted to, got 5 pages of atmas. The point was to try skill up shield while doing it so I could AoE farm bigger things, also Fell cleave only gives off ruby light. On things other than mandies having amber on every kill is nice. Quit being so closed-minded.

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Striker said:

no, 1 handing with shield
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 05:15:51
Link | Citer | R

what exactly were you killing in misareaux?
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
what exactly were you killing in misareaux?
T Spiders,T murexes, bastion mobs. Max sanguine blade was 2200 on a murex, with ascetic's and restraint on. After 1 1/2 hours I had gotten 11 merits, and was getting big gold boxes the whole time while WAR/SAM.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 05:18:33
Link | Citer | R

and furthermore that means you'd have to WS in the AF3+1~2 pants for the fencer bonus.......but i suppose if you're really using fencer the extra tp would outweigh stat mods lol
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
and furthermore that means you'd have to WS in the AF3+1~2 pants for the fencer bonus.......but i suppose if you're really using fencer the extra tp would outweigh stat mods lol
It's not like there's alot for WAR to put there anyways lol, the fencer is the best mod I can think of for that slot due to only MaB, INT and MND being pretty scarce on war legs, besides the main point is that I am getting a cure VI- cure ??? on each tp move.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 05:24:31
Link | Citer | R

sanguines dmg is still modded by str which you can get +5 on AF2 legs or +10 on hachiryu pants or even use ares pants (though i think they have -mnd which would deplete another stat mod)

though you are correct, that 40tp will give you a decently higher % healed
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
sanguines dmg is still modded by str which you can get +5 on AF2 legs or +10 on hachiryu pants or even use ares pants (though i think they have -mnd which would deplete another stat mod)

Right but you get such a small return on the STR mod, that the cuisses was the obvious choice. To be honest I don't even have a stellar set for this, just pieced together stuff from my nin nuke set + whatever else INT and MND I could equip on warrior. Gear wise I only have +13 MaB +22 INT and +17 MND
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 05:27:39
Link | Citer | R

well it comes down to more dmg vs. more hp healed..if you really dont need that extra 100 or w/e hp it comes out to, STR would be the way to go..but thats not the point of this thread...impressive numbers though btw for just a sword and shield...
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-31 05:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Striker said:
I could fell cleave if I wanted to, got 5 pages of atmas. The point was to try skill up shield while doing it so I could AoE farm bigger things, also Fell cleave only gives off ruby light. On things other than mandies having amber on every kill is nice. Quit being so closed-minded.

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Striker said:

Sorry, exhausted and misreading ftw. On topic though, cap amber and just FC burn stuff. I guess this could be nice if soloing on war, but then, why would you be soloing on war? =S
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:29:50
Link | Citer | R

While soloing with joyeuse before I had gotten a martial anelace off the AH I was more often ws'ing at the 100 tp mark than the 120 just so I could get more dmg out faster since I didnt so much need the healing.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-12-31 05:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Striker said:

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Striker said:

Sorry, exhausted and misreading ftw. On topic though, cap amber and just FC burn stuff. I guess this could be nice if soloing on war, but then, why would you be soloing on war? =S
It's late, nobody else in my shell is on atm, and I was testing out this new combo on bastion. I could drop a surveyor in about 30 seconds using sekkanoki 2x sanguine blade, meditate and another sanguine which would net me about 3k xp.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Just tried it outside of abyssea with my varangian and warwolf augmented with INT+1 so another 17 STR and 1 INT, which netted me a whopping 14 dmg increase. I had been using a RNG hachimaki for the conserve tp and goading for extra tp after ws, which is a small increase in tp but might save me a swing or 2.