A Good Pc Or Laptop For Ff14? Recomdations?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » A good pc or laptop for ff14? recomdations?
A good pc or laptop for ff14? recomdations?
 Leviathan.Zhaoyun
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zhaoyun
By Leviathan.Zhaoyun 2010-12-29 14:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys I thinking get new pc or laptop to play ff14 any good recommendations? I like run ff14 at max setting. was thinking getting this kind of spec:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-860 Processor
- 2.8 GHz
- 2.5 GT/s
- 8 MB L3 cache
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
RAM 6 GB
Graphics card ATI® Radeon™ HD5570
Hard drive 1 TB
Optical disk drive DVD-RW
Memory card reader Yes
USB 10 USB 2.0 ports
FireWire 1 port + 1 header
Modem/Ethernet 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wi-Fi Yes - 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth No
Video interface 1xHDMI, 1xDVI
Audio interface 3.5mm, SPDIF, Optical
TV output 1xHDMI, 1xDVI
Extension card slot 2x PCI-Ex1, 1x PCI-E x16
Sound 7.1

Any suggestions welcome
By Aless 2010-12-29 14:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Why would you want to spend so much for FF14? It isn't worth it... (in my opinion) get something cheap, and if you actually enjoy it, then consider the better laptop.
[+]
 Shiva.Kains
Serveur: Shiva
user: kains
By Shiva.Kains 2010-12-29 15:12:38
Link | Citer | R

If u want to run it @ max setting u should get a better Graphics card, like a Geforce 460GTX or a Radeon HD 5830. Cuz ur HD5570 aint gonna be that great for ffxiv
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-30 03:31:08
Link | Citer | R

You can't run FFXIV at max settings unless 1280x1024... So don't bother. As far as laptop goes, any will run it as long as it's not too old and the gfx is superior to ati 9600 with is like 5 year old gfx. For instance mine which has an HD3650 and is ~3 years old run it smoothly has long as you don't put resolution and graphic settings at max.

Again, no PC can play FFXIV with everything max. i7 is a minor upgrade over i5 and GTX480 a minor upgrade over GTX460, and putting just graphic quality to 10 is impossible with i5 and gtx460. Then you have shadows, background, multisampling, abient occlusion, depth of field ...
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 03:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
You can't run FFXIV at max settings unless 1280x1024... So don't bother. As far as laptop goes, any will run it as long as it's not too old and the gfx is superior to ati 9600 with is like 5 year old gfx. For instance mine which has an HD3650 and is ~3 years old run it smoothly has long as you don't put resolution and graphic settings at max.

Again, no PC can play FFXIV with everything max. i7 is a minor upgrade over i5 and GTX480 a minor upgrade over GTX460, and putting just graphic quality to 10 is impossible with i5 and gtx460. Then you have shadows, background, multisampling, abient occlusion, depth of field ...
wait am i reading this right? even if the laptop was unable to play the uhh...... forgot the name, test thingy that SE put out, it's still possible to play 14 on it? my laptop is about 2 years old and i was unable to run the test.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-30 03:57:15
Link | Citer | R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157279

laptop I bought, I like it, it's only downsides are few usb ports and short battery life due to the severe pull from graphics and dual HDD and the i7 it's cooking, oh that and it runs hot as hell, definitely recommend a cooling fan.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to go that for for XIV maybe scale it back a bit and lower the screen size if you're worried about battery life (and weight), also a 17.3" is hard to find a case for, a 15.6 would probably suit ya, and in retrospect I probably would think about getting a smaller one. Oh and a usb mouse is a must, (*** touchpads) however the ability to use HDMI out and use splitscreen is amazing for a laptop, a similar HP I have used only supports 1 at a time, I guess that's what you get when you drop $1500 and have 1gb video ram.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-30 04:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

wait am i reading this right? even if the laptop was unable to play the uhh...... forgot the name, test thingy that SE put out, it's still possible to play 14 on it? my laptop is about 2 years old and i was unable to run the test.

If you have a decent graphic card sure, worse case scenario you play in windowed mode 1024x768 or something similar with low graphics. Best way to check would be to get the FFXIV client through a torrent, log with your SE account and attempt to read the intro video ; if it runs, you are good to go. You don't need FFXIV codes to do this, just your SE account.

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-31 05:35:12
Link | Citer | R

unless there is something im missing, but unless i link 14 to my account i wont get any further than the log in page without a buddy pass
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-31 05:51:23
Link | Citer | R

At this point, where FF14 is, its pointless to play it.. Its a piece of crap game, that limited people can play unless they go out and buy a ***hot computer with ***hot gfx card. SE went above and beyond to make this game so crazy in the graffix department, that they killed their player base in the process. Plus, even after being out for months now, 14 is still lacking in any meaningful game content. Its a worthless game, and probably will be for atleast another year or two. Save your money.

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-31 06:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
At this point, where FF14 is, its pointless to play it.. Its a piece of crap game, that limited people can play unless they go out and buy a ***hot computer with ***hot gfx card. SE went above and beyond to make this game so crazy in the graffix department, that they killed their player base in the process. Plus, even after being out for months now, 14 is still lacking in any meaningful game content. Its a worthless game, and probably will be for atleast another year or two. Save your money.

and thats different than how 11 was?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-31 06:20:23
Link | Citer | R

Yuna is right... even 1 year after FFXI was out, it was still buggy as ***... I started FFXI 1 month after NA release which we got a full expansion with (Zilart came with NA release on the disks) and it was still bugged out like ***....There was a lot to do (up to rank 10 for each nation and the start of dynamis) but the game was utterly horrendous with the bugs it still had... Idk if anybody else has played that long but if you were around at that time.. do you remember "the fog" glitch? if you zoned sometimes, very randomly EVERYTHING would be gray'd out... no detail on anything... no textures except on characters. all buildings/floors what have you were fog gray..it was damn annoying..and zoning didn't always fix it...you'd have to zone for a few repetitions to get it to clear up... and that was A FULL YEAR after its initial release...

give FF14 some time, and MAYBE it will be better.. idk.. my PC is old and ***and I can't play it :( which goes along with what Degs said...
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-31 06:26:04
Link | Citer | R

ideally as games advance the requirements in mosts cases are increased, basing a game entirely on the fact that your 8 year old windows 2000 computer cant play it is rather shallow. as with many MMO's not a single game started out the way they are currently running. i knew there would be issues with ff14 which is why i waited till about now to be interested in playing it.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-31 06:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:

You are an idiot, did you even attempt to play it ? Unless you hardware dates, you can play it. All you do is repeat what kids try to spread. Seriously SE themselves explain that the minimum requirement is. ati 9600 is like a 2005 graphic card, and it will run it, just not at crazy resolutions.

Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-31 06:40:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
unless there is something im missing, but unless i link 14 to my account i wont get any further than the log in page without a buddy pass

All you need from what I remember is a SE account, so if you play FFXI you should have it. When I first installed it I did not have an FFXIV key registered, I entered my login, password and the code from the token, and it lead me to the game screen, with the option to run the intro video (it would show an error if you attempt to play of course).
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-31 06:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

All you need from what I remember is a SE account, so if you play FFXI you should have it. When I first installed it I did not have an FFXIV key registered, I entered my login, password and the code from the token, and it lead me to the game screen, with the option to run the intro video (it would show an error if you attempt to play of course).
yeah i tried logging in with my SE account, it said error im not linked to 14 gave me a link to my account to register the game.
 Leviathan.Zhaoyun
user: Zhaoyun
By Leviathan.Zhaoyun 2010-12-31 18:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Thx guys for the advice I guess I have good think about it
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-31 18:21:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

You are an idiot, did you even attempt to play it ? Unless you hardware dates, you can play it. All you do is repeat what kids try to spread. Seriously SE themselves explain that the minimum requirement is. ati 9600 is like a 2005 graphic card, and it will run it, just not at crazy resolutions.

This idiot was on the Beta test and did play the game when it first came out.. subsequently throwing the damn thing away because it was just as worthless as it was in the beta.

its not all about the resolutions, and the graphics card... its also about game content, or lack there of..
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-31 18:34:14
Link | Citer | R

what you said

Quote:
limited people can play unless they go out and buy a ***hot computer with ***hot gfx card.

Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-31 18:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Not worth the money for the game let alone a new pc, which btw you will need better than those specs for max settings.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-12-31 18:49:50
Link | Citer | R

How much did you pay for that Jet?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-01 06:28:33
Link | Citer | R

so is anyone feeling festive enough to part with a buddy pass?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-05 12:53:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
How much did you pay for that Jet?

$1499 US