Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Gamestop bum raped me
Gamestop bum raped me
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-28 21:22:30
Link | Citer | R

So a while back a friend asked me what I wanted for xmas and I told him I would like Persona 3 FES. So he gave me the bills and I ordered the game up used from Gamestop. Got it in the mail a few months ago but held off on playing it til post-xmas. Finally threw it in today and got a little into it when I thought I would read the manual a bit to make sure I didn't get blindsided by funky controls. I noticed in the first few pages there are two modes to choose from, the journey and the answer, but I didn't get either of those options. On a hunch I popped open my PS2 to discover that I have the Persona 3 game disc, inside a Persona 3 FES box with a Persona 3 FES manual.

Awesome.

So now a question to those who know about the series, does the PSP version of the game include the FES story and gameplay?
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-28 21:24:58
Link | Citer | R

the answer is only in FES :P sowwieee
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Serveur: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-12-28 21:29:30
Link | Citer | R

if you ordered it from the website just take your packing list in with your game to your local store. they should give ya a refund for it since it is the wrong game that came to ya
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-28 21:34:07
Link | Citer | R

one time my persona 4 game just randomly stopped working, even though i bought it online i went to a local store and they replaced it without a receipt lol even though next time they said they will need a receipt. try taking it to a store even if you lost the receipt :o
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-28 21:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Yuenna said:
if you ordered it from the website just take your packing list in with your game to your local store. they should give ya a refund for it since it is the wrong game that came to ya

Yeah would do that but it was a couple months ago and I gave the disc a quick check for scratches before I shelved it. The packing list and any receipts are long gone.

I've got a buddy who said I can borrow his FES game at some point though to get to play the story for it at least.

Does the PSP version have the additional Personas, events, and fusion system that are included in The Journey on the FES version?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-28 21:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I bought a "new" copy of FFXI vana diel collection back when I first started in '05.

When I opened my box, was the receipt of the person who returned the game, which was a store employee (as indicated by discount).

I copied down all the registration codes and demanded a new game, as I didn't trust them to have not used the reg codes. Then I installed the game on my computer, used my new reg codes, installed on friend's computer, used the ones I copied down.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-28 21:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
one time my persona 4 game just randomly stopped working, even though i bought it online i went to a local store and they replaced it without a receipt lol even though next time they said they will need a receipt. try taking it to a store even if you lost the receipt :o

Sadly we don't have an actually gamestop within 90 miles of where I live :(

I'm just going to play through this version for the time being and a friend of mine said I can borrow his FES version the next time he is up from school.

Let this be a lesson to all! Carefully check your Gamestop purchases and save your receipts!
 Bismarck.Yuenna
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2010-12-28 21:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
Carefully check your Gamestop purchases and save your receipts!

Carefully check any purchase you make online not just gamestop
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-12-28 21:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Yuenna said:
Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
Carefully check your Gamestop purchases and save your receipts!

Carefully check any purchase you make online not just gamestop

Yes true! Gamestop seems to pull crap the most though. I remember not too long ago I found Magna Carta 2 on the 360 used in a store. I remember it had the manual in the case and I was psyched because I usually won't buy a game even if I want it without the manual. Got it rung up and I guess I didn't notice til I got home that the lady had switched cases when she was getting the game for a case in better condition, only the newer case had no manual. Like I said though it was 90+ miles away so as mad as I was I didn't go back about it. >< rat ***!
 Alexander.Demigod
Serveur: Alexander
user: Demigod
By Alexander.Demigod 2010-12-28 21:56:08
Link | Citer | R

yea i dont like gamestops rule of lets open all the games n put the shells on display~ cuz ***like that can happne to anyone only get the seald ***from them
 Diabolos.Lilywolf
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Lilywolf
By Diabolos.Lilywolf 2010-12-28 22:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I bought a "new" copy of FFXI vana diel collection back when I first started in '05.

When I opened my box, was the receipt of the person who returned the game, which was a store employee (as indicated by discount).

I copied down all the registration codes and demanded a new game, as I didn't trust them to have not used the reg codes. Then I installed the game on my computer, used my new reg codes, installed on friend's computer, used the ones I copied down.

When I first got my FFXI game (Nov 05), I had a similar issue. Gamestop had that policy where they always opened the games and kept them filed away behind the counter - turns out that policy wasn't supposed to include online or registered content, but I was unaware of that. Bought FFXI '05 collection, went home, turned out the PC I intended to play on was not as happy with it as I thought it was, went out and actually bought a new PC (to be fair the fist one wasn't mine and I <3 this desktop to pieces), installed it, and went to enter the codes.... Which were invalid as they had already been used <.< I ended up using the buddy code (that pass was still valid) for it, but that of course didn't unlock any of the collection's content.

I called up SE, and they were able to verify that the codes had been used in APRIL. So I threw a huge fit and went into the store, and was greeted with a "no returns on online content" response, and told them that I was (now, due to the talk with the SE employee) rather well informed on SE's policy for selling the game unopened and that SE would be happy to back me up on the codes dates... It's kinda strange that they were so helpful back then XD

In either case, I got the return, but I was a noob and didn't write down the passcode on the buddy pass I'd used (the disgruntled manager I got due to my persistent righteous anger demanded the paper with it on it back and I didn't know any better) so when I got hacked in 07 I had a bunch of issues because I didn't have that original reg code.... Luckily they had put a notice on my account because I used a different code (from the second set!) for making my mule back in the day when you had to enter them so there was proof I hadn't had access to the original code <.<;

Ah, the good ol' days, when dealing with your own purchased content through POL was a nightmare and a half...

Oh wait. That wasn't good at all ._.;
 Leviathan.Ejin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-12-28 23:08:10
Link | Citer | R

I would recommend taking it into a local Gamestop with proof of purchase and letting them know what happened, I'm sure they would give you a refund, but I'm not quite sure what their policy is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-28 23:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Ejin said:
I would recommend taking it into a local Gamestop with proof of purchase and letting them know what happened, I'm sure they would give you a refund, but I'm not quite sure what their policy is.

Titan.Lillica said:
Sadly we don't have an actually gamestop within 90 miles of where I live :(

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-28 23:34:57
Link | Citer | R

You guys need to learn about Newegg.
 Bismarck.Rydin
user: Ryden
By Bismarck.Rydin 2010-12-29 00:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
You guys need to learn about Newegg.

personally I prefer eStarland for Video Game related stuff. (Slow online server but great store.) Newegg is great for pc related stuff though
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-12-29 01:17:49
Link | Citer | R

They wont return your money, or swap out your game even with your receipt and order summary. You should have checked within the first few days, then you would have had a chance. However since you took so long to even look, they will just think that you are trying to pull a switch on them and will deny you assistance with it.

I used to work for that piece of ***company, so I know they wont. Also most Gamestop employees are complete morons when it comes to online content and registration codes. Often times you can find codes to most PC games out on the open floor ;o