Spellcast and Hp buff
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Trixta
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2010-12-28 21:10:23
Link | Citer | R

I 'try' to use a sorc ring in abyssea, and have my convert gear set for my precast, is there any way to cancel the hp cruor buff also when equipping latent gear?
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-12-29 09:48:32
Link | Citer | R

You can, but it doesn't do you any good for Sorc Ring. Only rings with "true yellow hp" latent work by canceling cruor buffs (Minstrel's, etc). You still have to go by your non-buffed hp for Sorc Ring when calculating your latent hp.
 Cerberus.Trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2010-12-29 15:38:25
Link | Citer | R

I know, that is why I want to use spellcast to click off the hp buff, while still using my latent gear.
 Asura.Tavjon
Serveur: Asura
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2010-12-30 14:28:19
Link | Citer | R

using sorc ring in abyssea is pretty shitty imo since things usually hit for more hp than you have.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-30 14:50:47
Link | Citer | R

sup tavjon
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2010-12-30 15:13:39
Link | Citer | R

If you are concerned with the HP buff in aybssea messing up your sorc swap set, I would highly reocmmend you find a new swap set, or tweak it. Even having like 1600 HP in abyssea on my BLM, I have yet to have an issue getting my set to do its job. If there is another issue with that buff, I apologize, and please elaborate on it. Also, if its an issue on convert, its over my head, as I have never had an issue with that in abyssea either.
 Cerberus.Trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2010-12-30 22:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Sorc ring goes by your base hp, so let's say your latent hp is 750/1000... even in abyssea it will be 750, (I.e750/1600).
 Cerberus.Eanae
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-12-30 22:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Cancel plugin. Find the ID for the buff, and use spellcast to run the cancel plugin.

Here's an example of how I've used it:

Quote:

<if spell="Utsusemi: Ichi">
<if advanced='$defcast = 1'>
<action type="equip" when="Precast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchiShield" />
<action type="equip" when="Midcast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchiShield_Hands" />
<action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 5;spellcast var set defcast 0</action>
</if>
<if advanced='$nocancel = 0'>
<if advanced='$defcast = 0'>
<action type="equip" when="Precast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchi" />
</if>
<action Type="Var" cmd="set nocancel 1"/>
<action type="midcastdelay" delay="2.7" />
<action type="Command" when="midcast">
cancel 66;
</action>
</if>
<action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 5;spellcast var set nocancel 0</action>
</if>
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 22:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Trixta said:
Sorc ring goes by your base hp, so let's say your latent hp is 750/1000... even in abyssea it will be 750, (I.e750/1600).

Are you sure? >_>
If so, is it the same thing for ugga pendant?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-30 22:53:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Trixta said:

Are you sure? >_>
If so, is it the same thing for ugga pendant?

For uggly:
Active while MP is less than 51%. This is calculated at the completion of the spell and only includes MP bonuses from visible equipment (Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet) and merits. "Convert HP to MP" effects are not included in this calculation.

And yeah, both sorc ring and conjurer's ring ignore +% gear and buffs which I believe is what the cruor HP buff is, similar to giant's drink in besieged which doesnt affect your base hp maximum
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 22:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Ok well just went out to test the sorc ring, and to say the least I feel like the biggest noob ever.
Could just as well have been nuking without a second ring >_>
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-30 22:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ok well just went out to test the sorc ring, and to say the least I feel like the biggest noob ever.
Could just as well have been nuking without a second ring >_>

Lol I was like that with SMN and conjurer's ring latent, took me a bit to realise it wasn't working unless I was at true <76% HP
 Shiva.Matsuro
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nia
By Shiva.Matsuro 2010-12-30 23:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Just cancel HP buff, and if you are complaining about getting one shotted, or killed in 2 hits you need to l2blm.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 23:09:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Matsuro said:
Just cancel HP buff, and if you are complaining about getting one shotted, or killed in 2 hits you need to l2blm.

Having 30% HP when you -ga/ja kill groups of mobs is cool
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-30 23:48:22
Link | Citer | R

I stopped using my latent rings for all my jobs in abyssea, just not worth it considering the need to have a large hp pool for most things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2010-12-30 23:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Eanae said:
Cancel plugin. Find the ID for the buff, and use spellcast to run the cancel plugin.

Here's an example of how I've used it:

Quote:

<if spell="Utsusemi: Ichi">
<if advanced='$defcast = 1'>
<action type="equip" when="Precast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchiShield" />
<action type="equip" when="Midcast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchiShield_Hands" />
<action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 5;spellcast var set defcast 0</action>
</if>
<if advanced='$nocancel = 0'>
<if advanced='$defcast = 0'>
<action type="equip" when="Precast" setgroup="pld_nin" set="UtsuIchi" />
</if>
<action Type="Var" cmd="set nocancel 1"/>
<action type="midcastdelay" delay="2.7" />
<action type="Command" when="midcast">
cancel 66;
</action>
</if>
<action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 5;spellcast var set nocancel 0</action>
</if>

Come to the aid of a fatty? Lol thanks bud.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Serveur: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 00:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Solution is dont use sorc ring. Honestly you want to lost over 65% of your HP for 10 MAB???

How about getting the proper atmas that add will give you well over 100 MAB if you really wanted than tell me 10 MAB is a big deal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 00:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Matsuro said:

So you're telling me if SE added 2 rings and you had to wear one on blm:

Lvl 90 Ring HP +1400
Lvl 90 Ring +10 MAB

You'd choose the second one?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2010-12-31 01:03:15
Link | Citer | R

If a BLM has 2 HP, that's 1 more than it needs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-31 01:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Shiva.Matsuro said:

Lvl 90 Ring HP +1400
Lvl 90 Ring +10 MAB
99% of the time yes. And you know whats funny? When bosses do things things that wipe most the alliance generally my blm is one of the few left standing. Sometimes the only one. Like when the other blm accidentally againg one of the avatars lol. Though I think the funniest one was when the alliance was tping on rams while fighting the behemoth nm. The ram max hp downed everyone and the behemoth AOE'd... only I lived and then proceeded to kite the nm till the alliance recovered
 Shiva.Matsuro
user: Nia
By Shiva.Matsuro 2010-12-31 01:13:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Shiva.Matsuro said:

Lvl 90 Ring HP +1400
Lvl 90 Ring +10 MAB

Yes I would, any good DD that knows their place does their best to do the greatest possible damage without taking hate, BLMs should not need any HP+ since the idea is to do maximize damage over time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 01:29:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Matsuro said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Shiva.Matsuro said:

Lvl 90 Ring HP +1400
Lvl 90 Ring +10 MAB

Yes I would, any good DD that knows their place does their best to do the greatest possible damage without taking hate, BLMs should not need any HP+ since the idea is to do maximize damage over time.

and I bet you anything I can do more damage than you while having 2.5k hp, I can get hate in 1-2 nukes If I want 10 MAB is nothing.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-31 01:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
and I bet you anything I can do more damage than you while having 2.5k hp

That's some nice HP build/atma you got there for nuking on BLM
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 01:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Im not using HP atmas that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but i have 5 abyssites of merit.

It would be absolutly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to not only not take that 70% hp buff but to also lower your base hp another 24% all for 10 MAB?????

If I want full dmaage atma of ultimate atma of beyond atma of MM that's 50 int 80 MAB 110 MAB if ice...

Ya let me lose a ***ton of hp for 10 MAB that makes sense!
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-31 01:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Im not using HP atmas that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but i have 5 abyssites of merit.

It would be absolutly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to not only not take that 70% hp buff but to also lower your base hp another 24% all for 10 MAB?????

If I want full dmaage atma of ultimate atma of beyond atma of MM that's 50 int 80 MAB 110 MAB if ice...

Ya let me lose a ***ton of hp for 10 MAB that makes sense!

cause its really that big of a deal yo
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 01:47:12
Link | Citer | R

It really really is.
 Shiva.Tenrio
user: Tenrio
By Shiva.Tenrio 2010-12-31 01:53:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't really see what all the fuss is about considering most of the time Blms are only used for Grellow and by the time the mob is ready to be seriously damaged they'd get about 1-2 nukes off before the thing is dead from melee damage (unless your LS is derping the mob). Who cares if you have 300 Hp or 3000 Hp majority of the time taking hate isn't an issue, and if it is you're doing your job wrong. Also Enmity Douse and or Gnostic's drink are really nice things.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-12-31 01:54:35
Link | Citer | R

I solo a lot of ***on SMN while keeping conjurer's ring active, which is ~756HP and I have no trouble, even when avatars are down and i'm the one kiting, I can kite ironclads/aggressor antlion and never come close to getting killed.

Kiting/shadows/stoneskin, so much better than standing there with an abundance of HP while willingly lowering your performance/damage.

Sure you have all that MAB from atmas etc, but in my opinion you're still lowering your potential by not having sorc ring on top of that.
[+]
 Shiva.Tenrio
user: Tenrio
By Shiva.Tenrio 2010-12-31 01:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I solo a lot of ***on SMN while keeping conjurer's ring active, which is ~756HP and I have no trouble, even when avatars are down and i'm the one kiting, I can kite ironclads/aggressor antlion and never come close to getting killed.

Kiting/shadows/stoneskin, so much better than standing there with an abundance of HP while willingly lowering your performance/damage.

Sure you have all that MAB from atmas etc, but in my opinion you're still lowering your potential by not having sorc ring on top of that.

It's like no one's ever heard of Blink/Stoneskin/Mana Wall/all the other things we're allowed to use to keep ourselves alive when Hp is low/we're in doodoo water.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-31 02:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Mp is definitely a none issue in abyssea if you need that +1 mp a tick you have far bigger problems like getting proper atmas sounds to me like you dont have MM.
[+]
First Page 2