Just Starting Dancer Need Gear Advice

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Just Starting Dancer Need Gear Advice
Just Starting Dancer Need Gear Advice
By Evangelist 2010-12-28 03:00:01
Link | Citer | R

looking for gear advice for very early levels 10-30ish.. is there any particular stats i should be trying to pump for my role in a party situation? in my mind i see me needing Accuracy +, Attack +??? or Eva for Earrings? Maybe CHR rings for curing? honestly i've no idea what i should be buying for gear. any help appreciated thanks
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Serveur: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-12-28 03:19:25
Link | Citer | R

No real outstanding gear 10-30, just keep your weapons upgraded every 5-10 lvls and throw on some holiday armor and have at it:p

Of course pick up Evasion Earring and any eva gear you can find.

But most of all DNC essential gear is AF and above in lvl.

75+ have a Max Eva Build, Max Haste Build and a WS Build and u r set:3
By Evangelist 2010-12-28 11:21:37
Link | Citer | R

thank you however i've never understood how WS sets work, how would you change gear before WS-ing because you lose your TP if you change gear??
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-12-28 11:36:51
Link | Citer | R

You lose TP if you change your weapons, not regular gear.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-28 11:37:16
Link | Citer | R

Evangelist said:
thank you however i've never understood how WS sets work, how would you change gear before WS-ing because you lose your TP if you change gear??

You only lose TP changing a Weapon slot (Main/Sub/Ranged), so any other gear is fine.

"Change gear > WS > Change back" is the basic path to WS'ing (it can get slightly more complex depending on how many macro lines you have, if you want to use JA's before WS, if you need equip changes for those JA's, etc etc)

If it's possible (definitely from 35+ when you get Curing Waltz 2) you want to change gear to use Waltzes, just for the extra potency (CHR+ for Waltzes on others, CHR/VIT+ for yourself) and then back to your melee/TP gear so you can hit/evade some more!
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-12-28 11:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Evangelist said:

You lose TP if you change weapons (not including ammo). Changing gear won't make you lose TP.

It'll be a while before each set is -really- that potent, but in general, keep builds purpose-built. IE, you don't need CHR/Waltz Potency/etc in your TP build. Likewise you don't need Haste in a WS set, or Accuracy in a Waltz set. Tossing a piece or two of Evasion gear into your TP build doesn't make it an evasion set - it just makes it a worse TP build, and so on.
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2010-12-28 11:53:57
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:

But most of all DNC essential gear is AF and above in lvl.

All of the DNC AF are macro pieces and should not be fulltimed, I just want to clear that one up XD

I think acc is the most important thing you will need at the beginning levels. DNC has a pretty good dagger skill, but not the best. If you can't hit the mob for tp, you're pretty much useless to the group.

If you're planning on soloing those levels, a mix of acc + evasion will do you good, with macroig CHR for curing.

I wouldn't advise WSing until you get.. dancing edge? Otherwise, it's not really worth it I think. Your tp could go to better uses as a backup/main healer. Even then, WSing is situational based on your party set up.
By Evangelist 2010-12-28 21:58:25
Link | Citer | R

yes i already have purchased some sniper ring, and PCC for the appropriate levels so ACC+Evasion is what i will want besides CHR gear for macro cures. thanks everyone!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-28 23:18:54
Link | Citer | R

For levels 10-30, it's probably not even worth it to macro in CHR for waltzes.
You need 8 CHR to add 1 HP to a Curing Waltz I.

If you're going to be soloing 10-30, I'd reccommend gearing up for evasion and eating a Jack O Lantern :P
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-29 02:47:19
Link | Citer | R

Grind Training Regimes on EP monsters. Keep your weapons and body/pants armors updated. Eat cheap 3-hour foods like Grilled Rabbit or Dhalmel Steak. Sub Beastmaster and use local DC pets to kill your EP prey with you. This is the secret to blowing through low levels, my friends. Also, use Swords.

The only jobs that I've efficiently soloed EM+s on in the 10-30 gap are Dragoon, Blue Mage, and maybe Black Mage/Ranger/etc (worms). Any other job is going to be better off blowing through EPs in 2-3 attack rounds for 30xp/kill. Find an area with a lot of mobs of the right level and go to town.