Forum » FFXI » General » Bastion Sucks?
Bastion Sucks?
 Caitsith.Pewpew
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Pewpew 2010-12-28 00:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Is it just me or is bastion really shitty, ive been trying to get points for my thf af3 legs since i have 8/8 seals but i get 120 points per game day, no one else does it, the npcs fail and within 10 seconds the battle is over :(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Lordtarutaru 2010-12-28 00:13:52
Link | Citer | R

I had this same exact problem getting THF pants, had my seals and everything. Even after the update that made it "better" it's still shitty. I would suggest trying different zones, for whatever reason Attohwa always seemed to be the worst one. I think Misareaux is your best bet, people are there sometimes camping Athamas and will do Bastion while waiting for the (now shorter) repop.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-28 00:21:37
Link | Citer | R

My favorite part of bastion, is the tactical genius behind the decision to place the spellcasters right next to the Martello, and then force them to spam TIII ga, drawing in a gear that immediately does Artificial Gravity, ending the fight. Total battle time Elapsed: 9 seconds.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-28 00:32:25
Link | Citer | R

sch gets tons of exp there doing cure4 ga like 4k exp per bastion and lots of credits, i done it
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-28 00:47:28
Link | Citer | R

yey for something PLD is good for
PLD/RDM with double regen atma(35/tic) and one refresh atma(10/tic)
buff with proIV/shellIV/aquaveil/stoneskin/phalanx/blink/refresh/ice spikes and diaga entire group when in range and cureIV spam self whle beating down mobs

will get hate on every mob that hits your spikes and boost your bastion credits

also same can be done with RDM/BLU i found
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
Serveur: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-28 01:42:24
Link | Citer | R

i go on Blm stoneja all the mobs and kite them around wile ppl kill them lol i usualy end up dieing but still get 4 or so kills worth exp.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-28 01:44:37
Link | Citer | R

If it helps, Fanatic's Tonic + Chainspell = Win pretty much. You just need access to high power MAB atmas and, of course, Red Mage.
[+]
 Valefor.Quickmart
Serveur: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-12-28 01:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
My favorite part of bastion, is the tactical genius behind the decision to place the spellcasters right next to the Martello, and then force them to spam TIII ga, drawing in a gear that immediately does Artificial Gravity, ending the fight. Total battle time Elapsed: 9 seconds.
9 seconds is longer than most I've seen. Were you counting the time from acquiring pennant status to mob arrival? I laughed so hard at SE announcing they'd be buffing the npc's. Totally useless. All the melee NPC's try to target the same mob, and will run way the heck out if someone tries to meet the mobs farther away which backfires horribly when only 1 mob stays out there. All with a martello that spawns with jack for HP so it always dies from a small breeze. I've never seen it with more than a sliver of HP and know of no way to increase it.

I can actually get pretty decent exp, but the event design itself is a bad joke.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-28 02:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Pewpew said:
Is it just me or is bastion really shitty, ive been trying to get points for my thf af3 legs since i have 8/8 seals but i get 120 points per game day, no one else does it, the npcs fail and within 10 seconds the battle is over :(
<Forum Herpes>

Useless and annoying, as always.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2010-12-28 03:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Get your DD jorb, set some damaging atma (RR/VV/SS, whichever), and beat the living *** out of a single mob at a time. ...That's what I do at least. WAR/SAM Hasso/Sekkanoki/Blood Rage/Restraint/Warrior's Charge/Berserk Raging Rush obliterates. And for SAM, it's pretty much standard Sekka/Sengi Yuki>Gekko that can end a mob, yielding 1-3k EXP and 100-300 credits per mob.

If THF is your only job, might require some of the better DD atmas if you want to score a kill before enemies bore through the NPCs to the martello (in the situation that there are no other PCs to assist). Get TP to 300 with VV/Perfect Attendance/etc. for Regain, then swap to crit hit atmas, grab a Detector-type mob as it zooms in and rawk out with Evisceration.

Mage strat was already mentioned. Cure IV spam with Minikin Monstrosity. Gotta love that +10MP/tic.

Repeat until drowning in PANTS.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-12-28 03:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
sch gets tons of exp there doing cure4 ga like 4k exp per bastion and lots of credits, i done it

Or

WHM/SCH, Divine Seal+Cure6ga,.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-12-28 04:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

Or

WHM/SCH, Divine Seal+Cure6ga,.

Would be great except cure V and VI don't stack with Assession unfortunately.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-12-28 04:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Pewpew said:
thats what she said
[+]
 Bismarck.Kittypewpewpew
Serveur: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Kittypewpewpew 2010-12-28 04:45:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Pewpew said:
i shall challenge u to a duel!!!
By Areis 2010-12-28 05:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Blm + Fanatics drink = win, doesn't matter whats there you can prolly mow through it in the 60s of invincibility you have. and get upwards of 10~20k xp/fight

now if that isn't an option

Whm or Sch... spam cure
DD .. build TP before the fight, focus on one thing kill it quickly, move on
Support jobs (bard, corsair etc) ... your just SOL pick a different job or rely on your SJ for exp

As for marleto health / clone ward health, there's a quest to raise those... nobody does it
Try to find somewhere that doesn't have very high standing with bastion, odds are the waves will be smaller, waves are proportionate to how well your doing (more cores, so more PC bonus', harder waves)
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2010-12-28 06:01:49
Link | Citer | R

thanks for you info. i need just the legs to make 2 +2 :)