Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » For those of you who plan on ever getting +2 hands
For those of you who plan on ever getting +2 hands
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-26 16:02:07
Link | Citer | R

For anyone planning on getting mnk af3+2 hands, I highly recommend you start now, even if you don't have +1 hands yet.

Basically, get a pop item (can camp it w/ frends, or farm gold chests. I did gold chests. For Amber, take the hybrid elementals down to about 15%, swap to staff, get down to 1-2% and use Cataclysm. Earth crusher works if staff is too low for Cata, but it fails to do 1% most of the time so if you don't kill it, you have to grab a pugil and get tp and try again).

Once you get your pop item, go to port jeuno and shout Abyssea Grauberg boss clear, do you need it? Wieldance jewel, mine. About 2 seconds later you'll get about 20 or so /tells from ppl wanting clear.

I usually go mnk + nin or pld + whm + whm (1 for each tank) + brd + blm + blu (You want to proc grellow).

Make sure your whm has refresh atma. Once you have your keyjobs, then just fill the ally w/ ppl who want clear (aka be nice to ppl even if you don't need them). If someone has thf let them come on that for TH. Anyone else just have them come a mage or /mage for back up cures or to sit there and do nothing.

Fight is pretty straight forward. has 2 modes, melee mode (triggered by painful whip) and mage mode (triggered by pansomething).

Will always pop in magic mode. Let the pld or nin establish some hate because you can't damage it (you heal it) w/ physical dmg in magic mode. Then your blm and you (ninjutsu) will spam t1 spells and ninjutsu nukes to feed it tp to force swap to melee mode. Then when in melee mdoe, go to town on it, use subtle blow gear and penance to keep in melee mode for a good period of time before swapping back. After this first round, when it goes back to magic mode, enough hate is established to start working on grellow.

Proc that, and just continue the cycle till fight is done.

Grats on hands.

Do it while many ppl actively seeking clears. From 0/6 to 6/6 jewels for +2 hands, took me about 4hrs this morning.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Echandra
Serveur: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-26 16:22:01
Link | Citer | R

nice nice. Will have to look into this. For PuG leechers however you can't put enough emphasis on just sit there and cure. Randoms just attacking this thing is so depressing =/

As a pointless sidenote, I had to kill this guy for a clear for folks this morning, and I finally found a use again for paladin. Since it was early AM I was ready to go to bed, so I just brewed it. While it is in phys absorb mode, I used Sanguine Blade....which did about 34k dmg, so basically 3 blades...dead urg.

It made me curious, but haven't had a chance to test if other element WS like cataclysm have the same reaction. If you couldn't find enough people, and you just have cruor laying around, could just get a TH, proccers, and in worse case scenario have to repeat 6 times.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 14:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Bennu and The NM scorp in altep are easiest. I go 4 from the 2 of them. I got the other 5 from Alfard. It's a lot tougher though, got that one in ls event. It can drop up to 3
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-12-27 16:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Btw, the NM can pop in either Magic or Melee mode. We did 3 last night and 2 of the 3 popped in melee mode.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 16:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough. Only popped it twice, so went based on the info was given. Thanks for the correction.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-12-27 21:23:50
Link | Citer | R

does the hand are good finaly? probabely alone not and with the set it is good?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 21:28:31
Link | Citer | R

With set, yay, not sure w/o set but leaning towards no. between it and bkote looking at 15 attack vs 1 base DMG (if in any situation where actually need the acc, keep in mind this is rare in abyssea, but if so, then easily wins)
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-12-27 22:07:14
Link | Citer | R

since you have all the gear +2 tiger , do you footwork is considered the best now or h2h is still the best?

Ps: You equipement Rock too much 0-0!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 22:12:24
Link | Citer | R

I have Victory Smite. Footwork doesn't exist, lol
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-12-27 22:15:29
Link | Citer | R

but the set seem pretty strong to boost footwork no?if you use footwork and tornado kick , woudn't be batter? if the boot are like a weapon of 40 i think... and you are capped haste, just an opignon i am realy not good at number and thing , and probabely you have make some test?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-27 22:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Smite crits, Tornado doesn't, Smite wins. In Abyssea, it's that simple. Outside, Motenten mathed Footwork to be a bit behind even Asuran iirc and Smite easily beats Asuran.
 Fenrir.Surgator
By Fenrir.Surgator 2010-12-27 22:22:15
Link | Citer | R

oh okay thx nightfyre for that!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 22:25:29
Link | Citer | R

I think his revised math had footwork ahead by ~1% outside of abyssea w/ the 2-4 h2h, but lol w/e it was close either way.

But yea, smite trumps them both, even outside of abyssea

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-27 22:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Also, I take back my previous lol's directed at mnk's addition of SC bonus.