Dnc Need Waltz Adjustement Bad !!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dnc need Waltz adjustement bad !!!
Dnc need Waltz adjustement bad !!!
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-23 10:25:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm the only thinkin recast on Waltz 4 and 5 is just freakin ridiculous ?

Who will use these ***when everythin can happen in the 30sec you have to wait for the next waltz...and in most case III is really not enouth...

These ridiculous recast are makin dnc in parties now the "sorry, recast was not up"job...FREAKIN RIDICULOUS !!!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-23 10:29:23
Link | Citer | R

If DNC could heal at the rate of a mage, while still 1.) mitigating the damage it takes the way it does and/or 2.) dishing out the damage that it does, it would be extremely broken.
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2010-12-23 10:41:17
Link | Citer | R

I've actually found myself using Curing Waltz V more than I had anticipated. When in abyssea parties I usually stick to curing waltz III and things seem to work out fine.

As for soloing, evasion tanking+ fan dance usually keeps me safe. But if something does go wrong I'll waltz V. Though I think, if something is hitting/killing so quickly that your timer is no where near ready, odds are you shouldn't be attacking it anyway without some backup.

My only quarrel with waltz timer's is curing waltz sharing the same timer as healing waltz ._.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-12-23 10:48:36
Link | Citer | R

^
What yuzumoo said.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-23 11:14:36
Link | Citer | R

I know this is pritty blasphemus to say but if you are looking to be main heal in a party try subing whm, no im not jokeing. With atma(s) you can get enough me refresh to keep a full haste cycle of a 6 man group going and will still have plenty of mp to spare for cures. This lets you use waltz 4/5 with out use and haveing haste spell + samba in one party slot instead of two is a nice bonus... you do lose out on some damage for yourself but being able to take the place of a mage opens you up for another DD.

Deffinetly not something everyone would like doing and some NMs and such it would be limited. The few times ive been able to play around with it it has been very fun and effective since the main reason against a dnc main heal has always been the lack of haste spell and can't spam cures which this lets you do.

(waits to be shouted down by several other dncs :P )
 Asura.Nzuh
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2010-12-23 13:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
(waits to be shouted down by several other dncs :P )

Actually, I would just like to share how awesome this DNC/WHM combo is for straight-up main healing:

1) With -nas and erase you almost never have to use Healing Waltz which leaves open your big cures.

2) Reraise/Raise is the greatest thing we lack at a healing job stand-point and to have it makes me feel complete. :)

3) With 3 atmas you can still do RR+GH if you want and stick on MM for all the mp you could ever want! (Although if you are main healing RR+GH might get you to be the main TANK instead teeheehee)

And on a side note I HAVE main tanked DNC/WHM before on Karkinos - straight tanked with just RR+MM back in the 2-atma-days. I felt like a cross between Ninja, Paladin, and AWESOME!