Everybody's Bitching

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Everybody's Bitching
Everybody's Bitching
First Page 2
By Selkhet 2010-12-21 11:11:56
Link | Citer | R

I've been reading topics while waiting for my magian weather, and I've noticed that everyone likes to bash each other and just generally say whatever is on their minds, so: I'm making this thread because I want to speak my mind too!

I want to say thank you.

Before I even dreamed of taking dnc past 37, I had been lurking the dnc forums here trying to learn from everyone. How to play this job called dnc, what gear to try and get, etc... And I've had a great time of it. I had fun soloing on dnc to get my rapparee and going out to hunt my Avis. I loved leveling it in exp parties and experimenting with how many people I could act as a main healer for in abyssea.

I just recently came back to the game, and dnc has been the new hope for me. It's cute, lighthearted, and maybe when I get some of those nice things worth earning: potentially powerful.

Dancer's that I've met on Asura have been kind and charitable and always willing to give advice and to reach out a helping hand. (wouldn't have my tandava without some of those kind people!)

I'm not yet a Queen of the Dance, but I'm hopeful, and above all, I am thankful. I still have a long way to go, but I want to thank especially: Niniann. >.> Your guide was a dear friend to me and still is.

Thank you to all dancers who have contributed the positive, honest and kind feedback I've enjoyed reading here. Keep being the people I love. ^^
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 11:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Did not expect this given the title!
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 11:14:36
Link | Citer | R

/mindblown
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-21 11:17:37
Link | Citer | R

Wow yeh was like, uh oh looks like some drama inc...

Can /tell me in game if you have any questions though i'm by no meens a top end dnc i do have a few tricks here and there though :P
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 11:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Dancer is trash, level a real job like Monk or White Mage.

Grats on the gear you've mentioned and I'm glad to see you're enjoying yourself on this game.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 11:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Awwwwwwwww~<3 I'm very glad it's been helpful. If you ever need help, I'm only a PM away~ I wish you well on your DNC journey, it's by far the most fun/active job in the game~ :3
[+]
By Selkhet 2010-12-21 11:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Grats on the gear you've mentioned and I'm glad to see you're enjoying yourself on this game.

Thanks! I got the Tandava crackows and a Taranis's harness today. I've refused to switch to another job for any reason and have thusly been burning magian trials. xD

After I get my eva daggers for those just-in-case times, what should be the next on my list? (to anyone with an opinion on the matter ^^)
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2010-12-21 11:31:36
Link | Citer | R

FFfuuu, I was all fired up to troll as well.

But yeah, congrats.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 11:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Selkhet said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Thanks! I got the Tandava crackows and a Taranis's harness today. I've refused to switch to another job for any reason and have thusly been burning magian trials. xD

After I get my eva daggers for those just-in-case times, what should be the next on my list? (to anyone with an opinion on the matter ^^)

Right now I'm sporting STR Kila+2 and Twilight Dagger. I'm really sad my Parazonium is essentially garbage now with all the DA/TA stuff floating around, plus Saber Dance. (My group has no place for a healDNC anymore now that WHM is god) :(
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-21 11:36:57
Link | Citer | R

the people that gripe and complain are the ones that have a purpose. their purpose is to be heard. they log in everyday in search of a fresh gripe. People cried about the server mergers, then was excited afterwards. the people shouting for Abby NM parties are the ones that were bitchin about the level-cap being raised. People that were bichin about it being too hard to XP back in 07 are bitchin that it's too easy now. And most of the people that didn't do CoP missions cause they were "too hard" to get help with, still don't have em, even though they're pretty much handed to you. I'm not a fan of Dnc for various reasons. Namely, aside from undead mobs, my thf has a higher survivability rate solo than any I have seen, and soloing is usually because you're after a drop (treasure hunter?). However, I have always ecouraged people to try all the jobs and level what they have the most enjoyment playing.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-21 11:38:23
Link | Citer | R

I focus my magian trials more to nin but you might consider double attack daggers or the WS paths one (can't remember how to spell it atm). Taking one down one of the multi attack paths might be worth it as well but even with out OA2/3/4 you should be rolling in tp. Daka probably nice as well for dnc for the high base dmg but i've heard the WS is more of a thf thing
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 11:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Dancer is one of my favorite jobs TBH.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-21 11:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
the people that gripe and complain are the ones that have a purpose. their purpose is to be heard. they log in everyday in search of a fresh gripe. People cried about the server mergers, then was excited afterwards. the people shouting for Abby NM parties are the ones that were bitchin about the level-cap being raised. People that were bichin about it being too hard to XP back in 07 are bitchin that it's too easy now. And most of the people that didn't do CoP missions cause they were "too hard" to get help with, still don't have em, even though they're pretty much handed to you. I'm not a fan of Dnc for various reasons. Namely, aside from undead mobs, my thf has a higher survivability rate solo than any I have seen, and soloing is usually because you're after a drop (treasure hunter?). However, I have always ecouraged people to try all the jobs and level what they have the most enjoyment playing.

Are we talking solo as in real solo or solo with a whm mule standing by for cures and haste... unless things changed massivly since last i played around dnc is gunna out solo thf since it can get shadows with out loseing self heal along with fan dance for those nms with face buster tp moves.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-21 11:53:33
Link | Citer | R

we love you too OP, and glad you like DNC.

/tosses in a few single dollar bills
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-12-21 11:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Dancer is one of the dying breeds of jobs like pup where no matter the mobs your fighting there is a role for them.
and geared right they can dd heal or tank just has good has most other jobs.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 11:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
I focus my magian trials more to nin but you might consider double attack daggers or the WS paths one (can't remember how to spell it atm). Taking one down one of the multi attack paths might be worth it as well but even with out OA2/3/4 you should be rolling in tp. Daka probably nice as well for dnc for the high base dmg but i've heard the WS is more of a thf thing

DA Dagger is good, but Twilight's probably better. OA2/3/4 is more or less crap now, unless you not using Saber Dance, not subbed /war, and don't have any(or many) DA/TA/QA weapons/gear/atmas/etc.

Daka's nice because of it's high base damage, but I'd really just go for STR Kila or WS+% dagger.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 11:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
Dancer is one of the dying breeds of jobs like pup where no matter the mobs your fighting there is a role for them.

DNC is great at everything, excellent at nothing.
[+]
By Selkhet 2010-12-21 12:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Gilgamesh.Funsam said:

DNC: the melee RDM.

The true jack of all trades. :)
 Unicorn.Ducea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-12-21 12:01:46
Link | Citer | R

notice how nice, and helpful everyone becomes again as soon as someone else is nice, positive, and polite?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 12:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Selkhet said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Gilgamesh.Funsam said:

DNC: the melee RDM.

The true jack of all trades. :)

:3 Pretty much~
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-21 12:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Ducea said:
notice how nice, and helpful everyone becomes again as soon as someone else is nice, positive, and polite?

I laughed because it's true.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kanaa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: xPassion
By Lakshmi.Kanaa 2010-12-21 12:17:47
Link | Citer | R

Power to all the DNC's out there, DNC by far is my favorite job and its amazing the things DNC can pull off that other jobs cannot, glad to see so many people still have love for DNC.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-12-21 12:18:48
Link | Citer | R

Selkhet said:
I've been reading topics while waiting for my magian weather, and I've noticed that everyone likes to bash each other and just generally say whatever is on their minds, so: I'm making this thread because I want to speak my mind too!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 12:22:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
Selkhet said:
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-21 12:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

NEW AVATARRRRRRRR

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-12-21 12:31:47
Link | Citer | R

][
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
You've overused that picture too many times Poupee >_>

It's awesome indeed, but people need variety!!

In no way directed towards you, but I can't help but laugh every time I see this.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 12:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

NEW AVATARRRRRRRR
YES!
I was playing around with a few others, but this one fits.
:D
First Page 2