Problem With Paladin. HP Build A Cheat. How Come?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Problem with Paladin. HP build a cheat. How come?
Problem with Paladin. HP build a cheat. How come?
 Ramuh.Zangada
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-12-20 19:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Armor Piece
85 Creed Armet +2

[Head] All Races
DEF: 44 HP +40 MP +40
Shield Skill +7
Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
Converts 5% of damage taken to MP
Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken
Lv. 85 PLD

89 Creed Cuirass +2

[Body] All Races
DEF: 77 HP +65 MP +65 Accuracy +20 Attack +20 Enmity +10
Mitigates dmg. taken based on enmity
Lv. 89 PLD

87 Creed Gauntlets +2

[Hands] All Races
DEF: 35 STR +11 VIT +11 Sword Skill +7 Haste +4%
Enhances "Shield Defense Bonus" effect
Lv. 87 PLD

83 Creed Cuisses +2

[Legs] All Races
DEF: 58 HP +50
Haste +4%
Physical Damage Taken -5%
Reduces Enmity decrease when taking physical damage
Lv. 83 PLD

81 Creed Sabatons +2

[Feet] All Races
DEF: 30 Accuracy +14
Enmity +7 Haste +4%
Enhances Divine Emblem effect
Lv. 81 PLD

Has everyone forgot about this? How many meele gear can absorb dmg?

Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-20 19:31:13
Link | Citer | R

The most amazing defensive suit in the game won't make a difference if the mob won't attack you. ;_; Further, why did SE put Enmity on only 2 of the pieces? ;_; (*sob*)

So then, predictably the argument will go "then use /THF to SATA hate", then the counter will be "why use PLD and a /THF DD when you can just use a DD in the first place", etc. etc. It doesn't end well for PLD there. :/
By Bimbam 2010-12-20 19:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I see. That much is true. So getting additional HP gear would not be necessary, eh?

Hmm I think the problem is these days, the time you waste trying to claw back hate using HP cheats is time you could be spending hitting the mob and contributing to a faster kill :S

Personally, while I got to the cap a bit slower (using todays example trioing the doll in altep against a MNK/NIN), I had no issue maintaining hate cap DD/sanguine spamming. And as mentioned once at the cap, if the MNK took dmg it would normally turn to me for a few hits making the job of the healer that much easier. But the fact remained that the MNKs hate was more consistant and I don't personally believe there was anything I could do about that so stuck to doing as much dmg as possible.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-20 19:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Armor Piece 85 Creed Armet +2 [Head] All Races DEF: 44 HP +40 MP +40 Shield Skill +7 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Converts 5% of damage taken to MP Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken Lv. 85 PLD 89 Creed Cuirass +2 [Body] All Races DEF: 77 HP +65 MP +65 Accuracy +20 Attack +20 Enmity +10 Mitigates dmg. taken based on enmity Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken Lv. 89 PLD 87 Creed Gauntlets +2 [Hands] All Races DEF: 35 STR +11 VIT +11 Sword Skill +7 Haste +4% Enhances "Shield Defense Bonus" effect Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken Lv. 87 PLD 83 Creed Cuisses +2 [Legs] All Races DEF: 58 HP +50 Haste +4% Physical Damage Taken -5% Reduces Enmity decrease when taking physical damage Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken Lv. 83 PLD 81 Creed Sabatons +2 [Feet] All Races DEF: 30 Accuracy +14 Enmity +7 Haste +4% Enhances Divine Emblem effect Set: Occasionally absorbs damage taken Lv. 81 PLD Has everyone forgot about this? How many meele gear can absorb dmg?

I haven't :-p
Granted I haven't asked some of my friends who have some of this and if its been helpful or not, at least not yet.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-20 19:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Armor Piece
85 Creed Armet +2

[Head] All Races
Shield Skill +7
Lv. 85 PLD

89 Creed Cuirass +2

[Body] All Races
Lv. 89 PLD

87 Creed Gauntlets +2

[Hands] All Races
Lv. 87 PLD

83 Creed Cuisses +2

[Legs] All Races
Haste +4%
Lv. 83 PLD

81 Creed Sabatons +2

[Feet] All Races
Enmity +7 Haste +4%
Lv. 81 PLD

How about not getting hit?
By Bimbam 2010-12-20 19:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Of course you could then argue "had I been another MNK it would have been even faster"

/sigh :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 19:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Basically, Rustytiger, if you're not MNK NIN BRD WHM THF, or a job that can proc !!'s you're a waste of a party slot.

A bit harsh of me I know, but that's how it is these days. Let's just hope you don't run with people who have that mindset, because you won't be going any other job really, lol.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-20 19:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Bimbam said:
Quote:
I see. That much is true. So getting additional HP gear would not be necessary, eh?
Hmm I think the problem is these days, the time you waste trying to claw back hate using HP cheats is time you could be spending hitting the mob and contributing to a faster kill :S Personally, while I got to the cap a bit slower (using todays example trioing the doll in altep against a MNK/NIN), I had no issue maintaining hate cap DD/sanguine spamming. And as mentioned once at the cap, if the MNK took dmg it would normally turn to me for a few hits making the job of the healer that much easier. But the fact remained that the MNKs hate was more consistant and I don't personally believe there was anything I could do about that so stuck to doing as much dmg as possible.

Yea, as my partner, Foulei, laughs at me whenever we pld and mnk duo :-P or during the Assault mission days, lol.

Despite all the dramatic changes with pld I try to make do and roll with it as much as I can. Appreciate the input here seeing as I am not alone in this matter.
By Rustytiger 2010-12-20 19:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Basically, Rustytiger, if you're not MNK NIN BRD WHM THF, or a job that can proc !!'s you're a waste of a party slot. A bit harsh of me I know, but that's how it is these days. Let's just hope you don't run with people who have that mindset, because you won't be going any other job really, lol.

No harm done on the harsh factor. I'd rather know a bit whats going on before I log on the game, rather than deal with it the hard way then scractching my head, wanting to squeeze someone's head off *galka temper mind you lol* wondering what the problem was .

This is a game, not a life or death struggle. Besides I have other jobs I can play with or still need to level (i tend to be busy outside of the game :-P), so its not the end of the world on my end. Plus the majority of people still invite me to level on my pld with them or come whatever, so I would say I am lucky, yes ;)
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 20:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Rustytiger said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Basically, Rustytiger, if you're not MNK NIN BRD WHM THF, or a job that can proc !!'s you're a waste of a party slot. A bit harsh of me I know, but that's how it is these days. Let's just hope you don't run with people who have that mindset, because you won't be going any other job really, lol.

No harm done on the harsh factor. I'd rather know a bit whats going on before I log on the game, rather than deal with it the hard way then scractching my head, wanting to squeeze someone's head off *galka temper mind you lol* wondering what the problem was .

This is a game, not a life or death struggle. Besides I have other jobs I can play with or still need to level (i tend to be busy outside of the game :-P), so its not the end of the world on my end. Plus the majority of people still invite me to level on my pld with them or come whatever, so I would say I am lucky, yes ;)

/nod It's okay, I have useless jobs I love like DNC and SMN. But in all honesty, you should check out MNK or NIN if you enjoy tanking so much.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-20 20:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Armor Piece
85 Creed Armet +2

[Head] All Races
Shield Skill +7
Lv. 85 PLD

89 Creed Cuirass +2

[Body] All Races
Lv. 89 PLD

87 Creed Gauntlets +2

[Hands] All Races
Lv. 87 PLD

83 Creed Cuisses +2

[Legs] All Races
Haste +4%
Lv. 83 PLD

81 Creed Sabatons +2

[Feet] All Races
Enmity +7 Haste +4%
Lv. 81 PLD

I only see one, maybe two (body depending on mechanics) pieces of gear there that you should be wearing if it hits hard enough to matter, and that's the legs. It's got nothing for reducing magic damage (also, Nocturnus gear sup). Consistent damage reduction is superior to a small change to negate it, so at best you're looking at a 1% chance to absorb some damage... Explain to me why I should bring a PLD for a 1% procrate effect that I don't even need to survive.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-20 20:22:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't post for a few *** days and another paladin thread pops up?

God damnit Night.
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-20 20:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
/nod It's okay, I have useless jobs I love like DNC and SMN. But in all honesty, you should check out MNK or NIN if you enjoy tanking so much.

The thought had crossed my mind with both ;) And I like to tank often. But first I need to finish lvling Blue Mage :-p. I'm having too much damn fun with it at the moment, hehe.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 20:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:

God damnit Night.

Night's Blue Mage brings all the fail-jobs to the yard~
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-20 20:33:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

with aquatic ardor atma does it matter?
occ. aborbs magical/physical dmg btw if wondering

i was main PLD for evrything pre lv80 update with nin75 and was lving mnk on the side

now NIN is making a comeback with migawari and mnk + whm can duo a huge majority of NMs so i took that to 90 as well

ill keep pld going just incase SE decides to bring it back to the frontline without needing a THF or /THF
 Siren.Catabolic
Serveur: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-12-20 20:50:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Rustytiger said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

In bold- You gotta check out the updates and gear. DNC is unbelievable now. Could solo a bunch of nms in abys. A DNC with the right atmas and gear wouldn't even be able to tell you what tp moves nms have in there. Cause they never see them used.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-20 20:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

God damnit Night.

HEY

icwutudidthar :(

Siren.Catabolic said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Rustytiger said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

In bold- You gotta check out the updates and gear. DNC is unbelievable now. Could solo a bunch of nms in abys. A DNC with the right atmas and gear wouldn't even be able to tell you what tp moves nms have in there. Cause they never see them used.
I hear NIN does that too, except better.

Seriously, you say that like it's new information :|
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 21:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

Basically this. If a job isn't the best at something (NIN does everything DNC does, except waaay better) it's useless. :(
 Siren.Catabolic
Serveur: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-12-20 21:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

God damnit Night.

HEY

icwutudidthar :(

Siren.Catabolic said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Rustytiger said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Yea Nin can do it also, but DNC is far from useless. Seen dnc's do some impressive stuff. Especially in Abys.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 21:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Catabolic said:
Yea Nin can do it also, but DNC is far from useless. Seen dnc's do some impressive stuff. Especially in Abys.

NIN can do it all better, so it's like at that point, why aren't I leveling/gearing NIN instead of DNC :/ It can solo better, it can DD better, it can tank better, and since it has curing waltz III /DNC, it can cure almost as well as DNC... I can go on and on. :/
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-20 22:43:14
Link | Citer | R

BUT IT DOESNT HAVE COORING WULTZ EYE VEE
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-20 22:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
BUT IT DOESNT HAVE COORING WULTZ EYE VEE

*COORING WULTZ VEE

But yeah, lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-20 22:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Zangada said:

My Utsusemi absorbs DMG!
 Lakshmi.Radicant
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2010-12-22 05:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Damage absorption takes time to proc.!
[+]