By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

I want the dagger because it looks sexy. :3
its sexy... but not as the weapon you want as main.I think I could replace joy/parazonium if using rani ring/atma.It proc quite a bunch and it doesnt kill your damage over time.

Well, of course I'd offhand it!
I just need to stop tanking everything so I can mainhand something more exciting than an AGI Kila+2 :/
ANGRY HAAAAAARPY GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You have
No idea how many times
I've killed
that stupid
Diremite
With no drop of course :)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 12:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

its sexy... but not as the weapon you want as main.I think I could replace joy/parazonium if using rani ring/atma.It proc quite a bunch and it doesnt kill your damage over time.

I just need to stop tanking everything so I can mainhand something more exciting than an AGI Kila+2 :/
I am the oldschool auric/joyeuse dnc tank.But I mainly solo and I really dont enjoy TP spam.I use full eva gear so I dont need those agi/eva magian dagger.I am currently doing para 2-4 times atm but mainly for the evisceration spam in exp pts ect.I will prolly not use it for solo.
no offense but this has bugged me alot lately..... why do i still see alot of dnc with joytoy >.>?
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:20:25
Link | Citer | R

I am also not saying sch is bad for nuke, i am just saying that it will never beat a blm.Caus blm is a nuker, sch is more like an hybrid.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 12:21:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

ANGRY HAAAAAARPY GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You have
No idea how many times
I've killed
that stupid
Diremite
With no drop of course :)
1/1 lol i dont have a fire kila so it's nice, then again i dont know how this compares to fire kila anyways.....
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

I am the oldschool auric/joyeuse dnc tank.But I mainly solo and I really dont enjoy TP spam.I use full eva gear so I dont need those agi/eva magian dagger.I am currently doing para 2-4 times atm but mainly for the evisceration spam in exp pts ect.I will prolly not use it for solo.
no offense but this has bugged me alot lately..... why do i still see alot of dnc with joytoy >.>?
Because its good if you dont wanna die every 5 mins and also, para trial is a pain in the ***.Some ppl dont like to consume their lifetime doing magian trials
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
SCH is versatile, but BLM is for pure rape so you can't really compare both to each other lol.

You could compare bliz4 to bliz4 where I think a SCH would do more damage. The advantage to blm is the ability to cast bliz4>FreezeII and the aga spells. The only thing a sch can do till the next update when they get bliz5 is a helix which is not damage to scoff at but it isn't the same thing as having another high powered nuke. With the 3rd lunar and temp items i managed to do a 900 helix which is ridiculous. To say that SCH could never outdo a BLM's damage is just an annoying statement and not really correct.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 12:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I am also not saying sch is bad for nuke, i am just saying that it will never beat a blm.Caus blm is a nuker, sch is more like an hybrid.
i think it's mostly the fact that sch/rdm can nuke twice as fast as blm/sch or close to it atleast. that makes up for the loss of the wow factor in the single nukes themselves.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
i dont know how this compares to fire kila anyways.....

I...could care less.
Fire weather can go to hell and I can't be bothered to kill 300 of anything after Parazonium trials.

Sexydaggerplz.
4/6 Caturae. Need Raja and Kutharei lol. But I'll probably just duo/trio Kutharei.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
SCH is versatile, but BLM is for pure rape so you can't really compare both to each other lol.

You could compare bliz4 to bliz4 where I think a SCH would do more damage. The advantage to blm is the ability to cast bliz4>FreezeII and the aga spells. The only thing a sch can do till the next update when they get bliz5 is a helix which is not damage to scoff at but it isn't the same thing as having another high powered nuke. With the 3rd lunar and temp items i managed to do a 900 helix which is ridiculous. To say that SCH could never outdo a BLM's damage is just an annoying statement and not really correct.
Does your sch does 4k+ blizzard 4?
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Yes easily
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
i think it's mostly the fact that sch/rdm can nuke twice as fast as blm/sch or close to it atleast. that makes up for the loss of the wow factor in the single nukes themselves.
lol what I hate so much about sch is the amount of stuff you need to udo/use to get a good nuke.it can be very annoying sometimes.

Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 12:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

Because its good if you dont wanna die every 5 mins and also, para trial is a pain in the ***.Some ppl dont like to consume their lifetime doing magian trials
kinda didnt answer my question.... i dont use an OA+ dagger and honestly i think dying every 5 min would be because of the OA+ weapon anyways. joytoy = sword = sword skill = dnc has shitty sword skill = dnc needs more acc now = dnc has less eva/atk now
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Yes easily
proof?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Joyeuse is just gonna give the mob a lot of TP = eating more TP moves to the face = More dying and/or wasting your time curing yourself when you could be eviscerating it in the face and killing it faster.

For solo/tanking, I use Evasion Kila+2 and Auric dagger. Allows me to cap subtle blow and evade just about everything while dedicating other slots to keeping up DoT.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 12:28:43
Link | Citer | R

i've seen 3K+ blizz IV from SCHs on buggards.. for what it's worth
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Back on topic...

kinda didnt answer my question.... i dont use an OA+ dagger and honestly i think dying every 5 min would be because of the OA+ weapon anyways. joytoy = sword = sword skill = dnc has shitty sword skill = dnc needs more acc now = dnc has less eva/atk now
dnc sword skill is really not that bad.I dont think I ever missed with joytoy. dnc deffinitly dont need 2x attack/eva dagger or accuracy.get 4/4 eva merit few eva gear and you are set really.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
lol what I hate so much about sch is the amount of stuff you need to udo/use to get a good nuke.it can be very annoying sometimes.

It is very dependent on your ability to make complex macros and your ability to use them. I have quite a few macro pallets that are all set up with /macro set # triggers so it connects them all. That way as soon as you hit dark arts it swaps to your nuke pallet and as soon as you hit light arts it swaps to your healing pallet. It makes it much more helpful when trying to organize it all. I also have them in the storms on the nuking pallets so if i hit hailstorm it'll swap over to the blizard set.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-16 12:30:12
Link | Citer | R

@vaness i think you need to pt more with well equiped scholar's, i can over nuke most blms very easy with weathers/obi/ebullience and magic atk bonus gear
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Yes easily
proof?

Sure let me just log on and take a SS right now. /s
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-16 12:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
@vaness i think you need to pt more with well equiped scholar's, i can over nuke most blms very easy with weathers/obi/ebullience and magic atk bonus gear
I could care less about a SCH's nuking ability.

Animus Augeo and Adloquium make my life 100% easier.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 12:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
and hmm refresh isnt always unnessairy. Most ppl like you think that having 3x atmas make you able to spam cure 5-6 forever w/o running out of mp.I did run out of mp, quite a few time (omg surprise!).
Well...

Quote:
Curing DDs that just dont care about phys and mag dmg
Here's your first problem.

Now, you have 15/tic from atmas (Minikin/Ambition/Allure), 9 from Ballads (III/II, AF3+2 legs + Crooner's Cithara), and 3/tic from Sublimation (minus cost of Stoneskin). That's 27 MP/tic, or 540 MP per minute. You have around 180 MND and 120 VIT at a guess, plus capped Cure Potency (50%). At 361 Healing Magic skill I'm getting ~1100 for Cure V. Cure VI formula is unknown, so I'll eyeball it at 1500 if that's agreeable.

Light Arts active, Cure V costs 121 MP and Cure VI costs 204. Factor in conserve MP, 112.5 and 189.7. A Hume WHM/SCH has around 1800 MP naked with all Merit abyssites and Allure. Spamming Cure V/VI at recast (including cast time, call it 8 seconds on C5 and 11 seconds on C6), I'm getting 1880 MP expended in that timeframe... Leaving you with 460 MP. So no, you can't literally spam at recast. I think that was obvious though. However, that's also implying that your DDs are taking over 16000 damage/min and that the rest of your backline is doing *** all to help you keep people alive. It's also completely disregarding Cureskin. I shouldn't have to point out how ridiculously unrealistic this is. Even in a situation where you're somehow healing over 6k HP/min, you have a shitton of meds and a Martello available, plus Martyr, any precharged Sublimation value, Benediction, and cruor meds. Realistically speaking, if a WHM is running out of MP then something is very wrong. Hell, realistically speaking you don't even need all the refresh I added in up there for pretty much anything. MM, Sublimation, and maybe NQ Ballads is enough for most things.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Joyeuse is just gonna give the mob a lot of TP = eating more TP moves to the face = More dying and/or wasting your time curing yourself when you could be eviscerating it in the face and killing it faster.

For solo/tanking, I use Evasion Kila+2 and Auric dagger. Allows me to cap subtle blow and evade just about everything while dedicating other slots to keeping up DoT.
I am not judging, on each other is own.I personally dont need eva dagger so I use joytoy for the TP gain it gives once in a while.It gives alot less tp then para for sure (according you hit 4 times lol).But yes I could use a dagger instead of joy, but I would prolly do something like dex dagger/auric something like that.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-16 12:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

Yes easily
proof?
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4793/sch-vs-blm/11/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-16 12:35:17
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Tweek people aren't talking about your situation though. They are talking in general. No one is going to turn down a red mage as a healer for a party in an 18 man exp alliance. But if I'm going to kill an NM with 2-3 people, I'm taking a white mage and not a red mage. They've already given you all the reasons.

Obviously everyone would, I never once said anything about NOT doing that that's why i don't understand all the hostility as if I had said that or anything like that.
Nobody's being hostile, we're just being realistic.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-16 12:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
/stare Galith

lolSCH.

I still love black mages tho! I just won't give them storm spells because they'd spend the whole party talking about how they can nuke more than me.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-12-16 12:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
and hmm refresh isnt always unnessairy. Most ppl like you think that having 3x atmas make you able to spam cure 5-6 forever w/o running out of mp.I did run out of mp, quite a few time (omg surprise!).
Well...

Quote:

Now, you have 15/tic from atmas (Minikin/Ambition/Allure), 9 from Ballads (III/II, AF3+2 legs + Crooner's Cithara), and 3/tic from Sublimation (minus cost of Stoneskin). That's 27 MP/tic, or 540 MP per minute. You have around 180 MND and 120 VIT at a guess, plus capped Cure Potency (50%). At 361 Healing Magic skill I'm getting ~1100 for Cure V. Cure VI formula is unknown, so I'll eyeball it at 1500 if that's agreeable.

Light Arts active, Cure V costs 121 MP and Cure VI costs 204. Factor in conserve MP, 112.5 and 189.7. A Hume WHM/SCH has around 1800 MP naked with all Merit abyssites and Allure. Spamming Cure V/VI at recast (including cast time, call it 8 seconds on C5 and 11 seconds on C6), I'm getting 1880 MP expended in that timeframe... Leaving you with 460 MP. So no, you can't literally spam at recast. I think that was obvious though. However, that's also implying that your DDs are taking over 16000 damage/min and that the rest of your backline is doing *** all to help you keep people alive. It's also completely disregarding Cureskin. I shouldn't have to point out how ridiculously unrealistic this is. Even in a situation where you're somehow healing over 6k HP/min, you have a shitton of meds and a Martello available, plus Martyr, any precharged Sublimation value, Benediction, and cruor meds. Realistically speaking, if a WHM is running out of MP then something is very wrong.

lol
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-12-16 12:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Well...

Quote:

Light Arts active, Cure V costs 121 MP and Cure VI costs 204. Factor in conserve MP, 112.5 and 189.7. A Hume WHM/SCH has around 1800 MP naked with all Merit abyssites and Allure. Spamming Cure V/VI at recast (including cast time, call it 8 seconds on C5 and 11 seconds on C6), I'm getting 1880 MP expended in that timeframe... Leaving you with 460 MP. So no, you can't literally spam at recast. I think that was obvious though. However, that's also implying that your DDs are taking over 16000 damage/min and that the rest of your backline is doing *** all to help you keep people alive. It's also completely disregarding Cureskin. I shouldn't have to point out how ridiculously unrealistic this is. Even in a situation where you're somehow healing over 6k HP/min, you have a shitton of meds and a Martello available, plus Martyr, any precharged Sublimation value, Benediction, and cruor meds. Realistically speaking, if a WHM is running out of MP then something is very wrong. Hell, realistically speaking you don't even need all the refresh I added in up there for pretty much anything. MM, Sublimation, and maybe NQ Ballads is enough for most things.
i have been there, having tons of mp and atmas /refresh tics i remember 2 times runing out of mp but it was because i was literally healing the entire alliance
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 12:38:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Tweek people aren't talking about your situation though. They are talking in general. No one is going to turn down a red mage as a healer for a party in an 18 man exp alliance. But if I'm going to kill an NM with 2-3 people, I'm taking a white mage and not a red mage. They've already given you all the reasons.

Obviously everyone would, I never once said anything about NOT doing that that's why i don't understand all the hostility as if I had said that or anything like that.
Nobody's being hostile, we're just being realistic.
I'm being hostile but that's cause I'm sick~
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10