Twilight gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Fenrir.Snick
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 11:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Now a legitimate question, I know WAR is OP right now too, but I was under the impression MNK was still better?~
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-15 12:01:54
Link | Citer | R

MNK is the better tank, but WAR is the stronger DD as well as having Fell Cleave which is brutally overpowered.
 Asura.Fredjan
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Fredjan 2010-12-15 12:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Concerning Cure V:

As a WHM main, but with RDM and SCH leveled I could care less if RDM and SCH got Cure V. Heck, they could give SCH Cure V but only allow it under Addendum: White.

They have no issues giving them stronger nukes (T4 for RDM, T5 for SCH), and only having up to Cure IV (which anyone can get /whm) isn't enough on healing nowadays, not to mention it isn't the best idea for hate. WHM still has capped cure potency, okay, I'll rephrase: OVERCAPPED cure potency (I have to give up cure potency gear because I'm overcapped; upgrading Surya's +1 to +2 did absolutely nothing for my White Mage... yet), we can get a ton of enmity- and MND on top of it.

I know there's times I prefer Cure V+ on RDM, and that's with the ability to do ~570 Cure IVs. WHM still has the advantage, especially due to Afflatus Solace, higher MND, and more enmity- and cure potency, not to mention that WHM's actions are less enmity generated compared to a RDMs based off regular gear. As a RDM, I eventually get hate curing. As a WHM, I do not, because Cure V+ isn't based on HP restored, it's a set CE+VE. Heck, they could make V based off HP cured (just like IV) for RDMs and SCHs.

RDM and SCH cannot reach the cure potency cap as it is, White Mage can. SMN probably can too, though I haven't done exact calculations on that job yet... with access to that lv87 whm/smn body they just released (I've seen up to 14% cure potency on it as an augment), WHM and SMN have the highest cure potency available. I know I don't like healing on SMN (would rather do it on RDM or WHM, or to an extent SCH), but it puts things in perspective a bit.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 12:39:45
Link | Citer | R

As it stands right now, C4 though simply won't be enough. Unless there is no new content going from 91-99 (Which is also totally possible)

As a WHM main, I wouldn't care if RDM/SCH got C5. C6 is where it's at anyways. Faster casting and MP isn't an issue in Abyssea~
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-12-15 12:45:31
Link | Citer | R

The best melee DD and tank for abyssea not getting enough attention?

Haha oh wow.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 15:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Another big problem, a drk/whm is an healer as good as rdm, actually anything with mp and /whm is as good as rdm for healing.

wat??

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
WHM is overpowered because its healing power far outstrips any other curative job. MNK/WAR are overpowered because their damage-dealing power far outstrips any other DD job. Is that such an unreasonable parallel?

"curative" job? wat?

both of you go read my post you must have skipped it.

What you people fail to realize is that RDM and SCH aren't "healing classes" they do a ton of other ***. At the end of the day especially in end game all a WHM is really good for is healing, I'm fine with accepting that. I am a healer, I chose a healer class. If someone told me to join a party and not bother healing just spend my time trying to nuke or debuff I would wonder why the *** they /t me and not another job.

WHM are not good at nuking and relatively speaking not good at debuffing. Just because I have a few nuking spells doesn't mean I should demand better nuking spells same goes for debuffing. Leave the curing to the "healer" class and let the other classes do wtf they do, they can help support and backup heal that's why they were given what they were given.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-15 23:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-15 23:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

Awesome post, It really added a lot to this thread.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-12-15 23:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

You really expected anything more?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-15 23:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

You really expected anything more?

Not really lol, I just like to point out how much of a hypocrite Elanabelle is.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-16 00:00:42
Link | Citer | R

RDM was never designed to be a main healer anyways, it's just that they were too efficient over a WHM pre-abyssea (via refresh and not needing another person to refresh them). The addition of Abyssea was the perfect time for SE to force a return of WHM to the top healing position. (reaching the 50% Cure Potency cap for WHM easily, refresh atmas killing the need for refreshers, Cure VI and HP+ atmas to make it a useful spell at all).

SCH however, should be considered as a healing class as well as a nuking class. That leaves the question if SE gives them Cure V or not. If they do, I promise you, you'll see a ton of SCHs spring up as main healers. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got Cure 5 post lvl 91.

Anyways, this is Abyssea we are talking about, if you are very awesome at your job and lowmanning, anyone can heal you decently with Cure 4 on lower tier "seal" mobs..
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 00:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
RDM was never designed to be a main healer anyways, it's just that they were too efficient over a WHM pre-abyssea (via refresh and not needing another person to refresh them). The addition of Abyssea was the perfect time for SE to force a return of WHM to the top healing position. (reaching the 50% Cure Potency cap for WHM easily, refresh atmas killing the need for refreshers, Cure VI and HP+ atmas to make it a useful spell at all).

SCH however, should be considered as a healing class as well as a nuking class. That leaves the question if SE gives them Cure V or not. If they do, I promise you, you'll see a ton of SCHs spring up as main healers. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got Cure 5 post lvl 91.

Anyways, this is Abyssea we are talking about, if you are very awesome at your job and lowmanning, anyone can heal you decently with Cure 4 on lower tier "seal" mobs..

i don't follow, why should sch get cure V and not rdm?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-16 00:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

I just never expounded on why they should or shouldn't. Just trying to see it from the eyes of SE pre-abyssea. Like I said at the end, anyone can cure well in Abyssea with Cure IV if you are on point, just that you won't be as effective or as efficient as a WHM.

What is interesting however is, what comes after Abyssea if Heroes is the last expansion of this storyline. The minute we leave Abyssea, WHM is rendered less effective once again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2010-12-16 00:12:35
Link | Citer | R

What does this have to do with Twilight Gear?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-16 00:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Not a damn thing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 00:21:54
Link | Citer | R

also, hi sho D:
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-16 00:25:36
Link | Citer | R

D: Hi Lorzy, long time!!!! <3
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 00:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Another big problem, a drk/whm is an healer as good as rdm, actually anything with mp and /whm is as good as rdm for healing.

wat??

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
WHM is overpowered because its healing power far outstrips any other curative job. MNK/WAR are overpowered because their damage-dealing power far outstrips any other DD job. Is that such an unreasonable parallel?

"curative" job? wat?

both of you go read my post you must have skipped it.

What you people fail to realize is that RDM and SCH aren't "healing classes" they do a ton of other ***. At the end of the day especially in end game all a WHM is really good for is healing, I'm fine with accepting that. I am a healer, I chose a healer class. If someone told me to join a party and not bother healing just spend my time trying to nuke or debuff I would wonder why the *** they /t me and not another job.

WHM are not good at nuking and relatively speaking not good at debuffing. Just because I have a few nuking spells doesn't mean I should demand better nuking spells same goes for debuffing. Leave the curing to the "healer" class and let the other classes do wtf they do, they can help support and backup heal that's why they were given what they were given.
If you're on WHM and not enfeebling, quit FFXI. If all a RDM is adding is their enfeebles, it's hardly worth having them there. I don't know the exact math, but I'm pretty sure Para/Slow 2 are not that great compared to the normal variety.

Also with MP being unlimited and with the high amount of cures going around, it's not hard to cap Holy potency for some decent nukes every so often. Just saying~
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 00:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

I thought you blocked my posts? You're such a hypocrite~
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-12-16 01:09:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

He/She likes to troll, how many trolls blacklist people?
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 01:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Tweek is awesome.

Snick is not.

He/She likes to troll, how many trolls blacklist people?
Why is his avatar a half naked greased up ugly guy?

*** *** should burn in hell.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 01:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

because sch is a gimp whm and a gimp blm at the same time with the addition of weather spells. rdm is neither, it's a master enfeebler/enhancer that SE took pitty on to give them some healing skill.
 Ramuh.Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-12-16 01:20:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand how you can call SCH gimp...? Im not a SCH but Ive seen what they can do and its far from gimp
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 01:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scizor said:
I don't understand how you can call SCH gimp...? Im not a SCH but Ive seen what they can do and its far from gimp
dont take it the wrong way, i love my sch. what i meant by gimp is that it cant do AM magic and many spells that whm has as well. gimp = lack of certain spells is what i was going for.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-16 01:26:15
Link | Citer | R

I'd say SCH is a better nuker than BLM atm <_<
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 01:31:30
Link | Citer | R

i'm inclined to agree, they have gone deeper into blm territory but havent progressed much further if at all into whm territory.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 01:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

because sch is a gimp whm and a gimp blm at the same time with the addition of weather spells. rdm is neither, it's a master enfeebler/enhancer that SE took pitty on to give them some healing skill.

i think it would be fair for sch to have better nuking power than rdm, for rdm to enfeeble better, and for them to be pretty much equal at healing :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-16 02:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
I'd say SCH is a better nuker than BLM atm <_<

Hmm, the main weakness of SCH vs BLM at the moment is Atma of the Beyond. BLM gets BlizzardV whereas SCH does not... would be interested to see which is better overall though.

Also when people are saying RDM > WHM pre-Abyssea, this has not been true for at least a year prior to Abyssea. SE did a really good job boosting WHM, but now it's overpowered.

For the sake of analogy, let's pretend WAR is the ONLY viable DD by a decently long shot and anyone /war can DD almost as well as a dedicated DD. Would you then say WAR is overpowered, or would you argue that because WAR is the dedicated damage dealing job and can't tank as well as MNK, NIN etc, it deserves to be ahead by miles and miles - and some whm/war can almost outdo your DRG or your MNK etc?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-12-16 03:16:59
Link | Citer | R

I'd say due to Blizzard V and the because of boost that just recently got added to /SCH, BLM does have a bit of an edge on SCH in the nuking department at the moment, especially because SCH's pre-Abyssea claim to MP efficiency means basically nothing nowadays. While I'm sure SCH will catch up again in the near future I'm not sure that I really care.

The debate about what job is the best nuker doesn't even matter because the majority of the time you're nuking it's to trigger a weakness, and in fact it's desirable most of the time that you do the SMALLEST possible amount of damage in the process. So hurrah for busting your *** to get good nuking gear for your BLM and SCH only so you can unequip it when the time comes to nuke. Playing a nuking job is so depressing these days.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-16 03:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Unless you're doing RDM lowman or whatever!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10